"I've become addicted to TV" September Freebie Challenge

Comments

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

ooops! I forgot to mention that the Superman figure is actually Michael 4 with Morphs++. The figure on the ground is Michael 3. Sorry 'bout that.

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

After many PMs on who I should pick, I have decided to go with Francemi, in her honor. She deserves a big month. Robkelk wants to honor me in November (I had nothing to do with that). So Oct-Francemi, Nov- Music2u4u. I have reserved Dec. for our own Chohole. Her stuff suits the Christmas spirit quite well. That is the schedule.
    :-)

Okay, Fancemi it is for October. However...as usual, I'm a little confused. Can we use any item we can find listed in the links found at this link or do the freebies need to be from other specific site? I'm just trying to figure out all my options. Sorry to be such a pain...

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

I would think that it would be her stuff only, from the sharecg account. but then that is just what i was thinking, music is the final one on that. He da boss

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

I've got a few ideas, but I'm wondering if they're too obvious! Going to have a play and see if I can get the relevant freebs!

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I wonder.. will I get the response about banner size.. and not for gallery ( thank you for that Kendall.. i forgot to answer.. silly me), but forum I was looking on the FAQ but didn't found it .. or I look into wrong place??

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

Banner size for forum is 480 x 80

Can only be added as an image BTW, is not clickable.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Thank you chocole ...

Will be splating something soon :D

• edited September 2012

Ouch, Music... that was sad that the guy you idolized hurt you.

He's better off being in the reruns than in real life.

My apologies, Chohole.

But enough off-topic banter.

Anyone remember the Goodies?

Post edited by stinker4_1_f92cde577f on
    edited December 1969

I remember the Goodies, but I thought that an iconic british TV series, di it make it over the pond as well ?

• edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I remember the Goodies, but I thought that an iconic british TV series, di it make it over the pond as well ?

On PBS a few times... but there are a few episodes on YouTube.

I saw that one called "Kitten Kong". Twinkle the snow-white kitten get fed
    some growth formula in his food, and wrecks hilarious havoc on the
    Commonwealth!

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

For some weird reason, I get DAZ's "Site Down" 404 page when I try any link (and I've tried quite a few) to page one of this thread. I take it we're to use a PhilC Freebie in a representation of our favorite TV program(s)---is that about right?

In case I'm not alone in losing Page One, would someone re-post the rules for those deluded enough to think we have time to make an entry? ;) Thanks!

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

For some weird reason, I get DAZ's "Site Down" 404 page when I try any link (and I've tried quite a few) to page one of this thread. I take it we're to use a PhilC Freebie in a representation of our favorite TV program(s)---is that about right?

In case I'm not alone in losing Page One, would someone re-post the rules for those deluded enough to think we have time to make an entry? ;) Thanks!

The rules are also on the gallery page.

Kendall

edited September 2012

If you get the pesky little green alien on various pages it means he has managed to creep into your cache. He is sneeaky like that. Try refreshing the pages that he appears on. If the doesn't work straight away the Ctrl F5 is your friend in zapping aliens. I spent quite a few minutes zapping aliens last evening, after the site's ups an downs. He gets everywhere

toon_alien.JPG
    220 x 395 - 32K
  • BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kendall

A link would be helpful (not everyone has it bookmarked):

http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/FreebieChallenge/Sept2012/

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

BWSman said:

Kendall

A link would be helpful (not everyone has it bookmarked):

http://ovbi.org/gallery/v/FreebieChallenge/Sept2012/

Yeah. I answered from my Android phone, and the forum editor doesn't get along with it. So I figured I'd answer tersely and follow up when I got to a place where I could use my laptop.

Just for general knowledge: I will endeavour to always provide the "rules" for the particular month on the main page for that month. As much as possible, I will try to get the rules into the gallery page within an hour or two after they've been posted.

Kendall

Kendall

edited December 1969

Ok guys.. Here is my monochromatic banner.. If anyone can provide the code, or tell me how to do it, I will be very grateful :)

Kendall.. I will take care of gallery tommorow.. I still didn't figured out how to log in :red:.. but on the other hand My time seems to get thighter and thighter lately ...

banner.jpg
    480 x 80 - 11K
    edited September 2012

Krissy, what people will need to do is simply copy and paste your image. You add it as an image to your signature, in much the same way as you add an image to the forum post.

We can't make clickable banners at the moment, although they are still hoping that they can add this feature at a later date, along with hot linking to images in the forums, and inbedding videos.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Krissy said:
    robkelk said:
    Krissy said:
    And also I will ask for judges... otherwise I will wield the absolute power *evil laugh*

I can judge, although you might not get my picks until the evening of October 1... and my knowledge of modern TV outside of Japanese cartoons is somewhat lacking.

Ok, so we have our first vic.. errm volounteer :D
    Just a quick question rob, what time zone you are in? So I will not bug you in the middle of the night ;)

Oh and here.. google's your friend :) :P
    Google... I think I've heard of that. It's something like AltaVista, isn't it? :-)

(Oh, yes - I'm in the Eastern time zone. And it looks like I can login more often than once a week this month!)

edited December 1969

Ok.
    Thank you very much chihike,
    and ok rob.. you on my list :P

Guys. .I think I am coming down with something, so if I will disappear for a day or two, means that it became really bad.. some of my worst colds I had in september...

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Krissy said:
    Ok.

Guys. .I think I am coming down with something, so if I will disappear for a day or two, means that it became really bad.. some of my worst colds I had in september...

Hope you feel better soon; and I know it's just a typo but got tickled at "chihike".

edited December 1969

Oh my.. sorry chohole...
    So as you see.. it is getting worse ...

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Ouch, cho! Stop hitting me with that club! OK, you asked for it! Squirrel Attack!!

edited December 1969

Oh not not the dreaded attack squirells heeeelp

attack_squirrels.jpg
    224 x 225 - 13K
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

After many PMs on who I should pick, I have decided to go with Francemi, in her honor. She deserves a big month. Robkelk wants to honor me in November (I had nothing to do with that). So Oct-Francemi, Nov- Music2u4u. I have reserved Dec. for our own Chohole. Her stuff suits the Christmas spirit quite well. That is the schedule.

Okay, Fancemi it is for October. However...as usual, I'm a little confused. Can we use any item we can find listed in the links found at this link or do the freebies need to be from other specific site? I'm just trying to figure out all my options. Sorry to be such a pain...

As long as it is her work, and you have a working link, you can use it. Can be from any link that is legit.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Oh not not the dreaded attack squirells heeeelp

Hehehe!

:lol:

edited December 1969

I also can not get the gallery page to access. Don't know why, unless it has been updated and the link I have is now cached.

:shut:

edited September 2012

tjohn said:
    Krissy said:
    Ok.

Hope you feel better soon; and I know it's just a typo but got tickled at "chihike".

I hope you feel better Krissy. We will try to hold down the ship if you don't come in for a few days. I have been very busy, but I think with me and the ETOs, we can keep it going until you can return. Get well dear, that is most important.

;-)

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

No worries.. I do everything that it will not hit me to hard ... my son is extra cooporative still pulling me to the couch, and covering with the balnket :D

For tonight I have an onion sirop in making . I got my lesson few years ago, when I got such a hard cold also in spetember.. high fever, alomst couldn't stand on the ground.. now I am able to take it under control before the worst part ;) But you know sometimes it's just getting to stubborn to go away ...

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

yes, take care Krissy. We can cover you no problem.
    love the squirrel attack pix cho

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    yes, take care Krissy. We can cover you no problem.
    love the squirrel attack pix cho

They can be nasty, them attack squirrels
    SniperSquirrel.jpg
    400 x 300 - 41K