"I've become addicted to TV" September Freebie Challenge

Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Freebies

Welcome in the September freebie challenge.

This month theme is :
“Ive become addicted to TV”

This month is all about TV :)

Yep. I am asking you to make a fan art of your favorite TV show. Do not worry you do not have to make a look alikes, but please take care that the characters will have some reconisable features.

Rules:
1. You need to use minimum 8 freebies
2. You are allowed to use up to 3 payed for items
3. You are allowed to use : DS, Poser, Bryce, Blender, and any other free rendering engine
4. The only postwork permissable is resizing, and fixing poketroughts
5. All freebies must be clearly visable. I cannot see it, it will not count .
6. All links have to work, also the item has to be free trought the whole month of September
7. Every entry must include one freebie by our featured freebie maker. This month we feature PhilC:
http://www.philc.net/freestuff.php

http://www.philc.net/freestuff_archive.php

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=philc_designs&PSID=e72a2fb5ce18ccd81b80dd3382c979bd

I hope you will have fun :)

Now prizes :

All winners and honorable mentions will get my Safe Place ( renders to follow)
All winners will get a product of choice from ARTCollaborations DAZ store : http://www.daz3d.com/shop/artcollaborations

The winner of 1st place will also have 1 product of choice from ARTCollaborations own store : http://www.art-collabshop.com/

Every one who enters will get my Stone necklace prop ( just like on front render, more renders to follow)

Anyone would like to donate anything, do not affraid to say so :D

If there are further questions about the theme feel free to ask.
If you are not sure about the rules, please refer to : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/286/

Contest starts 1st september at 0.00 DAAZ Time, and ends 30th september at 23.59

Hope you will have loads of fun :)

And also I will ask for judges... otherwise I will wield the absolute power *evil laugh*

wil25.jpg
804 x 1204 - 144K

Comments

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

TV? Good heavens! I haven't watched TV in years!! This means I'm going to have to dredge up something from my childhood and show my age! ...grumble...grumble...

Wotta revoltin' predicament dis is gonna be...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Wots a TV :question:

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

LG.. no worries.. I am in my 30's ( shhhh do not tell anyone) and I grew up on stuff you know from '60's.. That's the thing .. those things are timlesss ..
    Also my previous idea was to do your childhood "crushes", but then I thou.. let's go wild!
    Chohole.. the black box, whcxh a lot of poeple enjoy watching moving pictures on.. :D :D :D

Post edited by Chohole on
  • DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Great theme, Krissy. Looks like you're expecting some Flintstones!

GANTHOR, I'm pretty sure you can work Da Real Man into "All in the Family" somehow!

edited December 1969

Thank you Dorsey.. I expect all the stones :)
    I also expect childhoods to be ruined :) I was really tempted to make a Lily Munster into a real Vamp.. but then I thought it might be to strong for front page, so.. who accpts the challenge ??

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

I thought it was TV relate, remind me again... WHAT IS A TV???????
    this really sounds like a fun month Krissy.

edited December 1969

Krissy says it's a black box that shows you pictures. hmm, doesn't sound very interesting.

edited December 1969

Just as chohole says.. chohole.. depends what for pictures :D.. oh did I mentioned they have voice? Oh and dragons.. yep that's it, they have dragons :D:D

edited December 1969

Dragons, Chohole likes dragons. I have dragons all over the place, there is one in the fireplace and one on the shelf next to the speakers for the Music system, and lots in the display cabinets.

I even have a Black dragon, made out of Welsh coal. Oh and a wooden welsh dragon standing on top of one dispaly cabinet, surveying the room,

edited December 1969

Chohole.. I read your post, then I looked at your avatar.. it looks scarrier when one imagines yet a black dragon next to you :)

Oh and you shuld tune your box to " Game of Thrones" there be dragons :D ( I love this show.... Really, really do)

edited December 1969

I am actually not joking, we don't have a TV. I grew up without a TV, as my Father was mildy epileptic, and the very first TVs would affect him. He just refused to ever have one. I did get my sons a TV when they pleaded for one, but by the time they were teenagers Computers had become more important.

When Himself's Mother moved in with us, she had a TV, but we didn't in our part of the house. When she went and we moved up here we left her TV behind.

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Great theme, Krissy. Looks like you're expecting some Flintstones!

GANTHOR, I'm pretty sure you can work Da Real Man into "All in the Family" somehow!

All in the Family...phfffttt! I wuz thinkin' 'bout The Life of Riley with William Bendix! Ya can't git closer t'a Real Man den dat...unless youse talkin' 'bout Ralph Kramden! Anybody know wheres I kin gits a bus drivers uniform?

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

We have a HDTV, but it only is used as a monitor. We're too far out to get broadcast signals, cable isn't available, and satellite is not worth the investment.

Kendall (and Alexa)

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Krissy said:
    Just as chohole says.. chohole.. depends what for pictures :D.. oh did I mentioned they have voice? Oh and dragons.. yep that's it, they have dragons :D:D

so that's what they call them.....
    I like dragons too

edited December 1969

chohole.. a lot people are living without tv.. We got a tv when I was about 6.. I remember the excitment.. it was yet old black and white, that my grandma had. Congratulations on beeing free form this box :) My man is really addicted. he has it on, just because... sometimes annoying me really much hehe :D
    The truth is that nowday tv is being replaced by the computers, since there is enought broadcasting done that can be just watched on the internet.

Kendall I wanna have your monitor :P

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited September 2012

ok...now this is wierd...I followed your link to here Krissy, but I did not see this thread on the freepository page...what's up?

:ohh:

ok...never mind there it is. It's not stuck to the wall like the others were.

NAE, my fav as a kid was "My Favorite Martian".

:-)

MyFavMartian1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 318K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

HaHa I fooled you. Didn't stick this one to the wall, because now we have threads bumping normally. So it is back to normal, so people have to post to keep it up at the top , just like it used to be. I shall unstick the last one some time soon as well.

I am wicked like that, get carried away with all these super powers I have, (or pots of glue solvent anyway.) :coolgrin:

• ShanarahShanarah Posts: 94
    edited December 1969

Interesting theme Krissy! I do have a couple questions for you though. By tv, would foreign shows/anime count or do they have to be more mainstream? I seem to watch more "TV" on netflix than regular tv. As far as themes go do we have free range to do character portraits, fanfiction style fanart, recreations of scenes, etc? Just want to know what would qualify before I whip something up that doesn't count.

And here's a NAE I made/printed/framed for my boyfriend last Christmas. I think everything I used was actually a freebie. :)

ss3-2.jpg
    720 x 480 - 147K
    edited December 1969

music ha.. I got the same in the morning.. Just looked for it up, and was not there .. thought I have to little coffie ;)

Oh and a really cool render ;)
    ShanarahPSU I do not put a limits on countries or generes. It is about what you like :D Besides, you know there is google :)
    Ok guys
    I am going on a birthday party to one of my friends, so will check on you tomorrow morning. I hope you have your thinking caps on :D

edited December 1969

Gallery set up is completed. Anyone want to to a banner?

Also, Krissy, do you want to use the "Entry" and "NAE" icons from last month or would you like to create your own?

Kendall

edited December 1969

To the ETO staff... The selection of PhilC's stuff this month is going to cause problems with some of the rules. First, is that little of his stuff works with D|S as it involves Poser Dynamics or Miki3. Second, since his stuff is Poser specific, it is going to require the use of Alyson or Miki3 (requiring at least that "paid for").

With this in mind, it might be a good idea to expand the "no count" to include those Poser characters as was done for the Cyclorama last month.

Kendall

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited September 2012

To the ETO staff... The selection of PhilC's stuff this month is going to cause problems with some of the rules. First, is that little of his stuff works with D|S as it involves Poser Dynamics or Miki3. Second, since his stuff is Poser specific, it is going to require the use of Alyson or Miki3 (requiring at least that "paid for").

With this in mind, it might be a good idea to expand the "no count" to include those Poser characters as was done for the Cyclorama last month.

Kendall

Yep. All but two of his outfits are for Miki3, Alyson, Bella, Anastasia, or Antonia. He has two V4 outfits. So, unless everyone wants to do a "sexy maid" scene, or SW RotJ scene with Leia in her Slave Girl outfit...

http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=philc_designs

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
    edited December 1969

THere are some things in his olde freebie archive http://www.philc.net/freestuff_archive.php

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    THere are some things in his olde freebie archive http://www.philc.net/freestuff_archive.php

There are 6-10 items there that will work under DazStudio (depending on your definition of work). The props will "work" but will need major material replacement (shaders are your friend here). The "judy and don" clothes are pretty much prop clothes as they will not work on any modern figure. Several of the items in the old area are poser 5 tutorials.

Kendall

edited December 1969

sowwy

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    sowwy

No need to apologize. Without playing with them it would be hard to know. I only know because I experimented with Phil's stuff long ago. For those folks using Poser, the content works fine.

Kendall

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited December 1969

Looks like I have the first entry again. :)
    Sheriff John
    Sheriff John was a children’s cartoon host on KTTV in Los Angeles back in the 60s & 70s.
    Back when I was in grade school, I'd watch his show everyday after school.
    Here is the wiki entry.
    I woke up from a nap with the lyrics to the 'birthday cake song' running thru my head.
    Now it's been about 40 years since I'd last heard it, hence this render.
    Mike 3 DAZ model pack
    SciFi Officer - skin tex & hair #
    Open shirt
    Casablanca suit pants & tie
    Holiday Room - DAZ 24 days Xmas, day 3 Daz forum page. #
    Italian restaurant table #
    Cake 18 down
    Small poster retextured #
    Coat rack #
    Hat #
    US flag 13 down
    Attaché Case 14 down - PhilC required item.
    Poses by me, with a lot of dial tweaking.
    # free site registration required.
    Since the orignal show was broadcast in B/W, I converted it to greyscale in PSP
    Software used:
    Paint Shop Pro 7
    Rendered in DAZ Studio 2.3 no postwork
    For big go Here

Seriff-john-bw.jpg
    2000 x 1972 - 339K
    edited September 2012

Kendall, all of PhilC props have just textures. many props on his archive site was done for poser 4-5, so shoudn't do a lot of problems :)
    Besides he has some items for Antonia, that is a free figure.

Oh yes NAE's as well :)
    Gonna work on a banner today.. what should be the size again? I have really ni head for numbers...

Post edited by Gloomy007 on
    edited December 1969

Looks like I have the first entry again. :)
    Sheriff John
    Sheriff John was a children’s cartoon host on KTTV in Los Angeles back in the 60s & 70s.
    Back when I was in grade school, I'd watch his show everyday after school.
    Here is the wiki entry.
    I woke up from a nap with the lyrics to the 'birthday cake song' running thru my head.
    Now it's been about 40 years since I'd last heard it, hence this render.
    Mike 3 DAZ model pack
    SciFi Officer - skin tex & hair #
    Open shirt
    Casablanca suit pants & tie
    Holiday Room - DAZ 24 days Xmas, day 3 Daz forum page. #
    Italian restaurant table #
    Cake 18 down
    Small poster retextured #
    Coat rack #
    Hat #
    US flag 13 down
    Attaché Case 14 down - PhilC required item.
    Poses by me, with a lot of dial tweaking.
    # free site registration required.
    Since the orignal show was broadcast in B/W, I converted it to greyscale in PSP
    Software used:
    Paint Shop Pro 7
    Rendered in DAZ Studio 2.3 no postwork
    For big go Here

Great entry nighthawk :)
    All links are working, everything visable, and there is a required PhilC item :)

edited December 1969

Krissy said:
    Kendall, all of PhilC props have just textures. many props on his archive site was done for poser 4-5, so shoudn't do a lot of problems :)
    Besides he has some items for Antonia, that is a free figure.

Oh yes NAE's as well :)
    Gonna work on a banner today.. what should be the size again? I have really ni head for numbers...

RE: Banner

Banner for gallery should probably be less than 640x400 :-) But really, it doesn't matter, the software will scale it to icon size. I can't speak to the forums though, that's for others...

RE: Phil's Content

Yes, there are textures, and they're optimized for Poser just fine. Not so good for D|S defaults. I have managed to load all of Phil's non-python related stuff into D|S, including the Poser Dynamics... (Alexa used the Poser Dynamics in her Jessica Rabbit render from D|S 4)

Here is an excerpt from his readme's for some of the props: "Made for Poser 6, but will work in Poser 4 but with out the Poser 6 bells and whistles, (mainly materials)"

I was warning those who use D|S that it isn't going to be a "load and go" process. As a "for instance," the M4 rifle in the archive loads in as a prop just fine (there are some coordinate issues for translation and such) but the textures make the rifle look like a piece of badly cast plastic in D|S 3 and 4. However, a little (ok, quite a bit) of love from some D|S metals and composites shaders and the rifle looks very nice. The difference is a few minutes of extra work, and a bit of extra CPU/Render time. For me, it's not a problem. For others... who knows. We won't go into what's necessary to get anything other than "knick knack" or "snow dome" quality from the "Palm Trees" :-)

Also, since so much of his newer stuff requires a paid model, I thought it might be nice to see if we could allow the use of those models for the Poser users without penalty.

Kendall