Where in the World has the Forum Gremlin gone Now? Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

holidays over?

need somethin strong to block out reality

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,854

I ordered a Chai tea at Starbucks but got a Chai Latte instead.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,707
    edited January 2016
    MistyMist said:

holidays over?

...at least it's still Caturday

...hi.png
    619 x 558 - 471K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. There s a southerly breeze stirring treetops scattering dark-hearted clouds and sunbeams in the Sunday quiet and cooling us down a little so far today :)

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075

FOOTBALL DAY!!!! laugh

Got beer, got food, got chips.. no dip but I'm not sure I care enough to go outside to get any. It's 45F and maybe my motivation isn't strong enough..

GO TEXANS!  The only one of my teams that has a wildcard shot.. Cowboys are worthless, Revens totally flaked.. help me Texans, you're my only hope!

complaint - nature sale tryin to take my new compy money  (dohhh)

why cant i be happy with what i bought?  lol  dwelling on stuff i tossed from the cart

:) jurassic seas! 

kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:

...at least it's still Caturday

meowwr?  meowwr?

when i get my new compy can try ds4.8, without losing my ds4.6 laugh

i saved 4.6 installer, cant remember if valentina is inside it.  might haVe to go 4.8

I want to take a bath but my roommate is in the bathroom staring at herself in the mirror while singing to herself.

edited January 2016

bubble baths nice with scented candles. loofahs.

lol, for months been trying to figure out what the pink dino is doing, is she chewing on her tail?

Post edited by Mistara on
    MistyMist said:

bubble baths nice with scented candles. loofahs.

Roommate is still in bathroom though.

edited January 2016
    TroutFace said:

FOOTBALL DAY!!!! laugh

Got beer, got food, got chips.. no dip but I'm not sure I care enough to go outside to get any. It's 45F and maybe my motivation isn't strong enough..

GO TEXANS!  The only one of my teams that has a wildcard shot.. Cowboys are worthless, Revens totally flaked.. help me Texans, you're my only hope!

...Packers wil be one & done in the playoffs especially if they win today as they'll probably meet Arizona again, (who gave them a severe beat down last week) in the Wildcard round. They are a walking M*A*S*H unit with most of hte O-Line injured, their best Wide Receiver (and deep threat) ou,t and an offence that looks more out of sync than a bunch of guys in a Saturday afternoon pickup game at the park.

Actually several sports analysts are saying they'd be better off if they lost today, then they would meet the Redskins and have something of a chance. No matter what, no home games at all during the playoffs.

edited January 2016
    MistyMist said:

complaint - nature sale tryin to take my new compy money  (dohhh)

...I already have most of the plant stuff I need. Got it all just before one of my favourite PA's moved on a few years ago.

ooo boy i7, almost there  http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-desktop-pc-m0k53av-aba-1
    comes to 840 with 16gb, 500w of power

then a curved monitor

then xeon laptop for finalcut pro.

and pretty new desk for all this new tech awesomeness

edited January 2016

...after three days of window and bone rattling winds, woke up this morning to see...

Frozen Water From The Sky!!! 

Forecast calls for a couple inches today until sometime tomorrow morning when it changes to the freezing rain (Ugh^10).

As we don't get it all that often, kind of a nice break from just wet. May go out to walk around in it a bit 

Portland actually looks rather pretty in newfallen snow, especially the older neighbourhoods like where I am in.  Fortunate for most folks it happened on a Sunday, but tomorrow's commute will probably me a nightmare once it changes over to freezing rain. The one (only) nice thing about the midwest where I used to live is that when the snow ended that was it, no several hours of the city turning into a skating rink beforehand. Definitely going staying in tomorrow.

edited January 2016
    MistyMist said:

ooo boy i7, almost there  http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-envy-desktop-pc-m0k53av-aba-1

then a curved monitor

...careful when choosing the GPU with only a 500w power supply. I built mine with 750w and have another 450w auxiliary unit for when I was running dual AMD HD7950s.  Also in what I see of the case, appears to have only a couple fans.

Lack of adequate power, cooling, and very "tight" cases (like the slimline one used) is why I shy away from prebuilt "off the shelf" systems. I cannot see a 500w PSU "comfortably" supporting 16 - 32 GB of memory and a GTX 970.  It will handle it, but in heavy render jobs, probably be running close to peak output.  Having more wattage overhead means the PSU wil not work as hard. If it fails it will take the rest of the machine with it.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,126
    MistyMist said:

then a curved monitor

I wouldn't settle for a 500w power supply...not enough for today's tech.  Even mine has, I think, a 700w power supply.  I can't remember if it's 650 or 700.  Last time I changed it myself it was 650, but I think It was upgraded when I moved to the Core2 Duo motherboard and extra RAM.

Dana

500w was the highest available in customize options.  dont need nvidia for carrara, tango gulf 

but the video editor s/w mebbe needs it

need a money tree lol

adding 32gb ram >.< +370.

edited January 2016

making up my own terminology cuz i dont know the real stuff.

after re-watching 2 avenger and 3 transformer movies, gonna render each camera shot in 5 second "snaps"
    so like avg 150 frames per render
    is prolly 2 seconds longer than the average attention span these days 

the fancy cinematography stuff in Legend movie some of my favorite kewl stuff. like when they show the dress dancing, then all of a sudden she's wearing it.

found it. is creepy 

edited January 2016

woes, uber eeks

33°Lo 18°F

hot TEA and gingersnaps ... dunk

Morning. Gloomy gey and tropical warm like being in a bowl of porridge, a sliver backed overcast iz scraping city towers but doesnt seem to want to rain at all :)

MistyMist said:

holidays over?

http://www.redbullcliffdiving.com/en_US/stops

I am doing a chameleon malwarebytes scan to see why males are bytes would not run. I tried to run malwarebytes as my computer was acting up.

MistyMist said:

after re-watching 2 avenger and 3 transformer movies, gonna render each camera shot in 5 second "snaps"

the fancy cinematography stuff in Legend movie some of my favorite kewl stuff. like when they show the dress dancing, then all of a sudden she's wearing it.

found it. is creepy 

choreography rather than cinimatography I think and yeah good wardrobe switch, the power of editing hey :)

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,300
    edited January 2016

I am doing a chameleon malwarebytes scan to see why males are bytes would not run. I tried to run malwarebytes as my computer was acting up.

Hmmm... I've never had MalwareBytes not run.  If possible, try getting MalwareBytes by using another computer and put a fresh copy of it onto a memory stick (thumbdrive) or CD and use that to run on your own machine after you boot the machine into "SafeMode with Networking".   In a severely infected computer it's important to run MalwareBytes in a "SafeMode" so that it can scrub out infections before they're active as they would be if the machine were booted to full running mode.

Also, make sure that you are getting MalwareBytes straight from the horse's mouth by going directly to the manufacturer's website www.MalwareBytes.org  (notice the ".org" make sure you go the correct site.  There are bogus copies of MalwareBytes out there on questionable download warehouses.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

MistyMist said:

then a curved monitor

It is a nice looking compy and shiny as well :)

kyoto kid said:

...after three days of window and bone rattling winds, woke up this morning to see...

Frozen Water From The Sky!!! 

Forecast calls for a couple inches today until sometime tomorrow morning when it changes to the freezing rain (Ugh^10).

As we don't get it all that often, kind of a nice break from just wet. May go out to walk around in it a bit 

Portland actually looks rather pretty in newfallen snow, especially the older neighbourhoods like where I am in.  Fortunate for most folks it happened on a Sunday, but tomorrow's commute will probably me a nightmare once it changes over to freezing rain. The one (only) nice thing about the midwest where I used to live is that when the snow ended that was it, no several hours of the city turning into a skating rink beforehand. Definitely going staying in tomorrow.

Can't imagine what that's like, all we get is lumps of ice falling out of the sky sometimes, usually on a real hot day it can be mind bending laugh

edited January 2016
    MistyMist said:

found it. is creepy 

...you need a lot of memory and CPU horsepower for that. This system would be especially deficient for animation, again considering the PSU. Running a series of rendered "cels" will tax the CPU and memory a lot. This is again why I don't do animation with my current system. as I would probably kill it in the process.

This is why I am looking into sinking about 8,500$ into my nexte build.

...agh Packers lost the third conference game at home and after seven years gave up the NFC "Norris Division" crown to one of the worst rivals, the Viqueens.

Worse, just after sunset the snow changed to freezing rain (wasn't supposed to happen until after midnight).  Really scary six block walk home form the pub where I was watching the game. Fortunately didn't fall, although came close a couple times. I would take two feet of snow over one quarter inch of ice. .

Ice belongs in drinkys, not on the sidewalk or street.

This discussion has been closed.