Where in the World has the Forum Gremlin gone Now? Complaint Thread

19495969798100»

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    MistyMist said:

talked to a live person at asus to make sure ise ordering correct recovery disk. another 57 bucks.  their tech support said the win7 product key on the case would only work with the original installer.

verified pc model/sn was supposed to be win7.  like some asswipe messed reformatted the hdd with win8 then returned computer to amazon. WHO DOES THAT?

had an idea to get a usb wifi thingie, so i could activate what i haz to, then unplug, hopefully before updaters can find me

huh, cant drag shortcut to playlist to my desktop window?

tee hee party tunes

boys boys boys summertime love

14 hours to birthday moose

Where did you buy this laptop again?  Remind me to never shop there for a computer!  Then again, remind me to never buy a refurbished laptop.  Never mind, I already wouldn't do that.  For the money you paid, it should have been brand new, nor a returned item.  Why do you keep spending more money on their mistake?

Tell them you'll call the BBB and your credit card bank and get your money back if they don't fix this for free!

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561

...what Dana said.

BTW Thread hit the Century Mark

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,688

Hmmm this all sounds fishy to me. 

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Big ol moon sailing high in the northwest sky painting a delicate silver patina on giant leafed plants in our garden, tracing a stately filigree of moonshadow across the paving as it goes :)

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Perhaps somewhere on the dark side of the moon there are silver moonfish lighting the way in case anyone wants to take a selfie :)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010

Takes a long time to fill up a Complaint Thread now. smiley

• kyoto kid said:

...The I Refuse To Pay Extra For Someone Elses MIstake Complaint Thread.

Related to the "Your failure to plan is no reason for me to panic"* thread.

* Mantra of computer tech personnel everywhere.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010

Where's Rezca? smiley

Work time once more.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    Tjohn said:

Where's Rezca? smiley

He seems to keep disappearing, huh?

Dana

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075

Work in progress: "Bottom Of The Spiral".  Dark ambient drone.

"Run in the Shadows, damn the dark, damn the light".  "The Chain".

https://soundcloud.com/synthetic_aurality/bottom-of-the-spiral

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    ps1borg said:

Perhaps somewhere on the dark side of the moon there are silver moonfish lighting the way in case anyone wants to take a selfie :)

??  smells like mac&cheez to me  

DanaTA said:
    MistyMist said:

talked to a live person at asus to make sure ise ordering correct recovery disk. another 57 bucks.  their tech support said the win7 product key on the case would only work with the original installer.

verified pc model/sn was supposed to be win7.  like some asswipe messed reformatted the hdd with win8 then returned computer to amazon. WHO DOES THAT?

had an idea to get a usb wifi thingie, so i could activate what i haz to, then unplug, hopefully before updaters can find me

huh, cant drag shortcut to playlist to my desktop window?

tee hee party tunes

boys boys boys summertime love

14 hours to birthday moose

Where did you buy this laptop again?  Remind me to never shop there for a computer!  Then again, remind me to never buy a refurbished laptop.  Never mind, I already wouldn't do that.  For the money you paid, it should have been brand new, nor a returned item.  Why do you keep spending more money on their mistake?

Tell them you'll call the BBB and your credit card bank and get your money back if they don't fix this for free!

Dana

is a desktop from amazon.

kyoto kid said:

...you shouldn't have to pay them the extra 57$ for what is not your mistake.  They advertised the system as being bundled with WIn 7, not 8, so the onus is on their quality control department. They should have checked the system when it was returned, and discovering a different OS on it, sent it back to ASUS to have the HDD wiped and 7 Home edition reinstalled on it at no extra charge to you.

Were it me, I'd just send the whole bloody thing back, demand a full refund (which as you used your CC you can do) and start shopping around again. You could probably get something better (with an i7) for just a little more.

rolling with the punches.  finding a new pc with nagless win7 more difficult these days.  getting harder to find win7 retail box.

in other complaint worthy news, grocery delivery truck didnt bring my birthday cake, out of stock.

bright side, buppy hugz

buppiesatwindpw.jpg
    640 x 480 - 28K
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548

What the hell?  The G3F facial morphs package won't let you adjust eye height separately for each eye?  I use this all the time on V4 (and M4) to make the face subtly asymmetrical and give it more character.

I finally got off work.  Ugggghhh

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    MistyMist said:

in other complaint worthy news, grocery delivery truck didnt bring my birthday cake, out of stock.

bright side, buppy hugz

Is the white one asking to come in to visit?

My ankles hurt from standing so much today

MistyMist said:

..well a pox on them for ruining your day.

Chohole said:
    MistyMist said:

bright side, buppy hugz

Is the white one asking to come in to visit?

she came in for a sniff around the place. :)  she has the most beautiful eyelashes

MistyMist said:
    kyoto kid said:

...you shouldn't have to pay them the extra 57$ for what is not your mistake.  They advertised the system as being bundled with WIn 7, not 8, so the onus is on their quality control department. They should have checked the system when it was returned, and discovering a different OS on it, sent it back to ASUS to have the HDD wiped and 7 Home edition reinstalled on it at no extra charge to you.

Were it me, I'd just send the whole bloody thing back, demand a full refund (which as you used your CC you can do) and start shopping around again. You could probably get something better (with an i7) for just a little more.

rolling with the punches.  finding a new pc with nagless win7 more difficult these days.  getting harder to find win7 retail box.

...here's one I found. i7 3770 3.4 GHz, 16 GB memory Win 7 Pro, 1 TB HDD, Intel 4000 graphics.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA78Y3SN8198

Home now and tired. What is a bird bath?   Is it where a bird sits in water and splashes around to get clean?

Serpent said:

Work in progress: "Bottom Of The Spiral".  Dark ambient drone.

"Run in the Shadows, damn the dark, damn the light".  "The Chain".

https://soundcloud.com/synthetic_aurality/bottom-of-the-spiral

...pretty neat.

I am trying to figure out what to do next.  It  is not even five pm.  I also cannot reach my mum about tomorrow.

kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:
    kyoto kid said:

...here's one I found. i7 3770 3.4 GHz, 16 GB memory Win 7 Pro, 1 TB HDD, Intel 4000 graphics.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA78Y3SN8198

says refurbed

prolly better than a returned item to amazon

Home now and tired. What is a bird bath?   Is it where a bird sits in water and splashes around to get clean?

a bath tub shaped like a bird?

Having difficulty with my phone call with mum

• Home now and tired. What is a bird bath?   Is it where a bird sits in water and splashes around to get clean?

Exactly.

bird_bath.jpg
    180 x 250 - 8K
    edited February 2016

Exactly.

Thanks!

New Complaints go Here

Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.