2015 Holiday - PA giveaway

Comments

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Yes big thanks, the essential products are great, after the holidays I have to purchase the sets I missed, How do these work if you don't have that character? Don't you need the characters textures to use these sets?

• Thank you for all the Essentials.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

Thank you for all the goodies.

And the parade of Iray Essentials persuaded me to buy the V6/M6 set. :)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,267

Thank you again IG!

• BeaBea Posts: 745

ome of the links on the first page don't seem to work fully

And yet again! Thanks!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

day 13 - IG Iray Essentials - Darius 6  by  InaneGlory

• Thank you for all of the cool stuff!!  I didn't get everything :( however, I have a few things...The Leg Lamp...awesome....anyway, I am going to learn Daz Studio!!! 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861

The links won't work after the product is pulled, they are only available a few days.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006

True enough but to watch near the actual holiday and/or end of the month as there is normally a catch-up day.

• Something I just noticed (after installing them) — the Iray Essentials for Lee and Darius do include proper Iray MATs for the grilled bread products "Anatomical Elements". Excellent!  

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

All of these give aways are really very generous, thank you all so much.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

thanks for the rocking chair :)

• Yes I really liked the rocking chair too - many thanks smiley

• Something I just noticed (after installing them) — the Iray Essentials for Lee and Darius do include proper Iray MATs for the grilled bread products "Anatomical Elements".

Whoops, nearly — there's something a bit off in the Lee materials, it looks OK in the Viewport, but when I render the two parts come out looking very different.

• Something I just noticed (after installing them) — the Iray Essentials for Lee and Darius do include proper Iray MATs for the grilled bread products "Anatomical Elements".

Whoops, nearly — there's something a bit off in the Lee materials, it looks OK in the Viewport, but when I render the two parts come out looking very different.

Looks like I didn't update the volume setting on those extra materials on Lee, Darius and Gianni (when he comes out). Sorry about that.

Change the following settings on both material zones (same fix for all 3 males):

Transmitted Measurement Distance from 2 to 10

Scattering Measurement Distance from 0.5 to 0.1

SSS Amount from 0.3 to 0.5

SSS Direction from -0.5 to 0.5

Maps aside, the settings for these two material zones should match all the settings on the torso. There still is a bit of a seam but that is in the textures themselves. Not much I can do about that.

• dkgoose said:

Yes big thanks, the essential products are great, after the holidays I have to purchase the sets I missed, How do these work if you don't have that character? Don't you need the characters textures to use these sets?

Sorry I missed this question. Answer is both yes and no. Each set was designed to use that character's textures but if you do a Ctrl-click you could apply these setting on any character while still retaining the original character's textures. How good the results are going to be I can't say. Really depends on the textures and where they are placed. Switching between IG Iray Essential sets without changing textures should give you pretty good results but beyond that I can't promise much.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,905

I've enjoyed using the essentials despite not having almost any of the skins. I've generally just tried to apply an essential with the closest complection and see where it gets me.

While I sometimes tweak a few things where my impression is different, it's still been very handy.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,345
    I'm wondering what changes to the IG Essentials might be necessary for use with DS 4.9? I've read that SSS has been changed in 4.9 and that DAZ will update skin material products when 4.9 is released. I wouldn't expect Daz to update these freebies, though. So I'm wondering what we should do ourselves.
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,905

I've found the skins work fine, though I've tweaked translucency color more toward red in many cases. I don't know if that's because of some of the 4.8 issues or what (since I'm using 4.9).

If it IS due to the issue, then, well. Make it more pink. ;)

• barbult said:
    I'm wondering what changes to the IG Essentials might be necessary for use with DS 4.9? I've read that SSS has been changed in 4.9 and that DAZ will update skin material products when 4.9 is released. I wouldn't expect Daz to update these freebies, though. So I'm wondering what we should do ourselves.

The only difference I've noticed in 4.9 is they look a little better but you really have to look really, really close to see the difference.

• Love all of the Iray skin presets.  Thanks so much.  Skin is still one of those things I struggle getting right.  These will come in very handy.

• Maps aside, the settings for these two material zones should match all the settings on the torso. There still is a bit of a seam but that is in the textures themselves. Not much I can do about that.

Excellent! That's perfect, I can't actually see the seam any more. Thanks for the fix.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,345
    barbult said:

The only difference I've noticed in 4.9 is they look a little better but you really have to look really, really close to see the difference.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm currently traveling, so I've "purchased" all of them, but I don't have my computer to try them.
  • PandaB5PandaB5 Posts: 251

Thank you for the wonderful gifts - I really love Springy that just bounced into store - he makes me want to jump for joy smiley

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2015

Day 14 - Springy  by  3djoji

Post edited by Chohole on
  • ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910

I haven't had toime to play with any of these wonderful gifts from our Wonderful PA's, but I thank you all for all of them! 

My players may not thank 3djoji tho.  My next session with them is on the 26th and I may just have to include Springy.  The D&D group I play with (and have a freshman campaign" is all seasoned players and most of them have (or are) GMs.  That means you pull out a monster and most of them know precisely what it is.  I am trying to be a little meaner and have used a few creatures found on DAZ to give them a bit of a surprise.  (The Land Shark was a hit).  I doubt any of them have come across a creature such as Springy.  ::mental gears trying to move::

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861

Springy will also make a fun cat or dog toy- thank you! (Poor Springy!) 

• NathNath Posts: 2,734
    Novica said:

Springy will also make a fun cat or dog toy- thank you! (Poor Springy!) 

Great minds do think alike! wink

Springy is adorable and a wonderful addition to his older brothers. Thank you!