Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.22.1.136! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,218
    Yes, I thought you meant you never weight mapped a D-Former. I understand.
  • Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871

short beta report:

usage: DS Viewport On, Nvidia Render at same time when found angle, so both On
    result:  Render stops way too early, and Nvidia is 'knocked out' sorta-speak.  VP is clay colored.  Cannot reinitialize with usual tricks.  Only fix is to Close DS and reload scene.
    error in log at this point says :
    2024-02-23 22:58:02.513 [WARNING] :: \src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(373): Iray [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend error: No device specified or usable

even went to using Nvidia Studio Driver 537,58 (which is last CUDA 12.2.2  release)
    on
    DS 4.22.1.88 & 4.22.1.74 and both  resulted in this.

Fix was use
    DS 4.21.1.48.  Still SD 537.58
    Have rendered for last hour 8 scenes without issue. Normal results as expected with VP still on whole time.

Windows Task mgr says using about 12gb of 24gb for both succeed and fail. GPU Caps viewer corraborates.

Did render before these 3 characters in more lit scenes, with mostly staying ON on DS 4.22.1.88 for many scenes.
    In this failure case, used dark room with ghost lights and point lights with still external HDRI poking through here and there. Tried several times to get to work. No luck.
    All looked normal as expected - except losing sync with Nvidia rtx3090.

Was nice having older released beta DS 4.21.1.48 to fall back to.
    Thank as always for all the work you guys are doing to keep DS up to date.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,256

WendyLuvsCatz said:

FBX import has greatly improved

some stuff needs zeroing and LOD's removed but generally not an animated jumbled mess anymore

Yeah, I'm over the moon about how the FBX exporter works now.

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

well I cannot figure out how to use triplanar

there is no premade shader 

I would have assumed a UV option

I guess I have to wait for a product to buy

Hi,

Triplaner is a projection method. Its been in DS at least since 4.10, but you need to use shader mixer. I have attaced a simple example.

Using projection can mean no UVs are needed on the object.

duf
    duf
    example.duf
    edited February 24

stem_athome said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

well I cannot figure out how to use triplanar

there is no premade shader 

I would have assumed a UV option

I guess I have to wait for a product to buy

Hi,

Triplaner is a projection method. Its been in DS at least since 4.10, but you need to use shader mixer. I have attaced a simple example.

Using projection can mean no UVs are needed on the object.

@stem_athome I wanted to look at your example, but I got a missing file error.

Screenshot 2024-02-24 150501.jpg
    370 x 318 - 15K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • barbult said:

Hi,

Thats just the texture map thats missing. Do a search for "UV grid texture" and load it in the shader.

stem_athome said:

barbult said:

Hi,

Thats just the texture map thats missing. Do a search for "UV grid texture" and load it in the shader.

I'm sorry, I don't understand where to search. I searched my entire content library and didn't find anything. 

• barbult said:

I'm sorry, I don't understand where to search. I searched my entire content library and didn't find anything. 

Hi,

Apologies, I meant you to seach the internet (google search?) for a "UV grid Texture".

You can use any texture in the shader, it is just a UV grid shows the projection better.

stem_athome said:

barbult said:

Hi,

Apologies, I meant you to seach the internet (google search?) for a "UV grid Texture".

You can use any texture in the shader, it is just a UV grid shows the projection better.

Oh! I have a couple of that kind of texture file already. I'll try it. Thanks for your quick responses.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,919
    edited February 25

Thanks stem_athome yes

now I can texture my Mandelbulbs in DAZ

I use Triplanar or projection functions in Carrara for them and metaball objects, Octane also does it, DAZ was always my issue as UV mapping these things is impossible!

mandelbulber fractal.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

• Since updating DAZ3D, some of my renders don't completely render. Any thoughts on how to fix this are welcome. 

• felisfelis Posts: 3,749

The Wig And Jewelry Channel said:

Since updating DAZ3D, some of my renders don't completely render. Any thoughts on how to fix this are welcome. 

As stopping too early?

In that case, what has stopped the render? You can find that info in the logs (Help > Troubleshooting > View Log FIle). 

• The Wig And Jewelry Channel said:

Since updating DAZ3D, some of my renders don't completely render. Any thoughts on how to fix this are welcome. 

Check your render settings (Render Settings - Editor - Progressive Render). It might be that the Max Samples and\or Max Time settings are too low.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,919

Triplanar Mandelbulb video

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,272

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

I cannot save a weight map mode D-Former preset in DS 4.22.1.88 Public Build. I'm attaching am image of the settings used to create the D-Former. All I did was use the weight map brush to add and subtract some weight to areas of a cube. Then I selected the cube and tried to save the D-Former preset.

I don't get an error pop up, but the preset is not created.
    The destination folder has a .png, .png.tip, and .duf.tmp.
    The log file says:

2024-02-23 02:46:30.157 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\fileoutput\dzassetoutfile.cpp(18581): NULL pointer.
    2024-02-23 02:46:30.157 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\fileoutput\dzassetoutfile.cpp(18568): writeNodeInstanceRecurse() failed.
    2024-02-23 02:46:30.158 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\fileoutput\dzassetoutfile.cpp(18517): writeNodeInstances() failed.
    2024-02-23 02:46:30.158 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\fileoutput\dzassetoutfile.cpp(790): writeScene() failed.
    2024-02-23 02:46:30.158 [WARNING] :: \src\pluginsource\DzDFormPane\dzdformassetfilter.cpp(413): Failed to write a D-Former(s) Preset. See the log for more details.
    2024-02-23 02:46:30.184 [INFO] :: Saved image: N:\DAZ 3D\Studio\My DIM Library\Presets\D-Formers\Cube d-former 4.22 beta.tip.png

I looked for help in the Documentation Center. This is what I found - nothing helpful

Couple of thoughts:

Did you select the deformer on the save (It doesn't automatically check it). Screenshot is the default dialog.

As you used a cube, did you save it as it might be looking for the figure it was made for?

I dug  little deeper into this myself, having the same problem on DS 4.21.1.48, so almost a year old, now. The saved file is missing a couple of closing brackets for the "scene" : { and "nodes" : [ elements at the end of the file (the file doesn't seem to close properly, it is named xxxx.duf.tmp, so there might be more code missing). Adding in the appropriate delimiters clears the syntax problem, but loading it back in again does nothing. The D-Former is there, but no weight map, and no parameter controller. All that info is in the saved file, but does not seem to stick to the figure. It was an old Poser object, so maybe there is something missing. I tried on a cube primitive with the same result. I had to close the brackets and correct the filename, but nothing applies when loaded.

edited March 4

NorthOf45 said:

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

I cannot save a weight map mode D-Former preset in DS 4.22.1.88 Public Build. 

Couple of thoughts:

Did you select the deformer on the save (It doesn't automatically check it). Screenshot is the default dialog.

As you used a cube, did you save it as it might be looking for the figure it was made for?

I dug  little deeper into this myself, having the same problem on DS 4.21.1.48, so almost a year old, now. The saved file is missing a couple of closing brackets for the "scene" : { and "nodes" : [ elements at the end of the file (the file doesn't seem to close properly, it is named xxxx.duf.tmp, so there might be more code missing). Adding in the appropriate delimiters clears the syntax problem, but loading it back in again does nothing. The D-Former is there, but no weight map, and no parameter controller. All that info is in the saved file, but does not seem to stick to the figure. It was an old Poser object, so maybe there is something missing. I tried on a cube primitive with the same result. I had to close the brackets and correct the filename, but nothing applies when loaded.

It looks like a confirmed bug, then. I hope the developers will give it some attention.
    I submitted an official help request.

Request #453686

Saving a Weight Map Mode D-Former Preset Does Not Work

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,243

barbult said:

NorthOf45 said:

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

I cannot save a weight map mode D-Former preset in DS 4.22.1.88 Public Build. 

Couple of thoughts:

It looks like a confirmed bug, then. I hope the developers will give it some attention.

Request #453686

We are told "Keep an eye on the change log"

edited March 4

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Request #453686

Wonderful! Those developers are doing an awesome job. yes

barbult said:

Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

Request #453686

Wonderful! Those developers are doing an awesome job. yes

And this works now in DS 4.22.1.99. Thank you! I will close my help request.

• vzxvzx Posts: 8

When I just updated DAZ Public BETA from 4.22.1.88 to 4.22.1.99, the Size display on DIM was -1 bytes and all files were deleted.
    "Show Installed File" window show nothing.
    Has anyone else encountered the same problem as me?

vzx said:

When I just updated DAZ Public BETA from 4.22.1.88 to 4.22.1.99, the Size display on DIM was -1 bytes and all files were deleted.

Unchecked "Install After Download" in DIM, just downloaded, and manually installed IM00012000-02_DAZStudio422PublicBuildWin64bit.zip. I copied the contents to the folder.

vzx said:

vzx said:

Unchecked "Install After Download" in DIM, just downloaded, and manually installed IM00012000-02_DAZStudio422PublicBuildWin64bit.zip. I copied the contents to the folder.

After manual installing, I executed "Delate Package" from "Ready to Install" in DIM, overwritten the installation from "Product" field under "Ready to Download", and the installation completed successfully.

I have never encountered such a problem before. Isn't it strange that the installer deletes all files?

edited March 7

4.22.1.99 bug?

A Morph created with Morph Loader Pro from an OBJ file and saved with File/Save As/Support Asset/Modifier Asset(s) didn't load when the asset was reloaded. When I examined the morph dsf file that was saved, the "parent" statement in the modifier_library section is missing the whole path in the data folder. I get only the # followed by the parent asset name.

Details: I created a morph in Blender to replace the generated morph for the Mira 9 shape on SU Fall Fashion Dress G9. I saved the modifier (morph). I deleted the dress and reloaded it on Mira 9. Instead of my custom morph, a generated morph was recreated. I closed DS and loaded Mira 9 and the dress. Still my custom morph was not loaded.. I examined the morph dsf file and noticed the change to the way the parent was specified, so I edited the morph dsf file to add the correct parent path (/data/Sue%20Yee/SU%20Fall%20Fashion%20Dress%20G9/SU%20Fall%20Fashion%20Dress%20G9/SU%20Fall%20Fashion%20Dress%20G9_15266.dsf) to the parent asset name (#SU%20Fall%20Fashion%20Dress%20G9) and resaved the morph dsf file. After that, my custom morph loads correctly with the dress.

So is this a DS 4.22.1.99 Public Build bug or user error with the new save method for morphs?

Edit: I made a similar morph for the coat in the same product, following what I believe to be the same procedure, and it worked OK. So ???? I'm not sure what user error would cause the whole data path to be missing. Does anyone know what might have happened?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,802

barbult said:

4.22.1.99 bug?

A Morph created with Morph Loader Pro from an OBJ file and saved with File/Save As/Support Asset/Modifier Asset(s) didn't load when the asset was reloaded. When I examined the morph dsf file that was saved, the "parent" statement in the modifier_library section is missing the whole path in the data folder. I get only the # followed by the parent asset name.

Details: I created a morph in Blender to replace the generated morph for the Mira 9 shape on SU Fall Fashion Dress G9. I saved the modifier (morph). I deleted the dress and reloaded it on Mira 9. Instead of my custom morph, a generated morph was recreated. I closed DS and loaded Mira 9 and the dress. Still my custom morph was not loaded.. I examined the morph dsf file and noticed the change to the way the parent was specified, so I edited the morph dsf file to add the correct parent path (/data/Sue%20Yee/SU%20Fall%20Fashion%20Dress%20G9/SU%20Fall%20Fashion%20Dress%20G9/SU%20Fall%20Fashion%20Dress%20G9_15266.dsf) to the parent asset name (#SU%20Fall%20Fashion%20Dress%20G9) and resaved the morph dsf file. After that, my custom morph loads correctly with the dress.

So is this a DS 4.22.1.99 Public Build bug or user error with the new save method for morphs?

Edit: I made a similar morph for the coat in the same product, following what I believe to be the same procedure, and it worked OK. So ???? I'm not sure what user error would cause the whole data path to be missing. Does anyone know what might have happened?

After a couple of tries, I coundn't reproduce the issue with the new "Save Modifier Assets...", and I have no idea how it happend on your side either. Let's keep eyes on it... blush

I wish I would have thought to look at the log file, to see if there were any clues, but I didn't. I'm sure it is overwritten by now.

Essentially the change is a name-change (I believe the actual classes in the source code did get restructured, so that the one for morph saving is now derived from a new one for modifier saving, but that was still just renaming in effect - the actual code wasn't changed).

vzx said:

vzx said:

make sure DS is closed, first, and that DIM has space/permission to write to the location (UAC needs to eb on, and you need to authorise DIMHelper if - as is the default - UAC is set to ask before allowing installers).

This is not recommended, and if you were able to do it without getting a security prompt it does suggest that UAC may be off.

Essentially the change is a name-change (I believe the actual classes in the source code did get restructured, so that the one for morph saving is now derived from a new one for modifier saving, but that was still just renaming in effect - the actual code wasn't changed).

That makes my missing data path even more mysterious.
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,802
    edited March 7

And another bug... , @Richard Haseltine  @barbult

I don't know if you ever experienced it, in both GR and PB version. If there's an OBJ file in a folder and a DUF file with the same name in that folder as well, let's say crosswind.obj and crosswind.duf. When import crosswind.obj, DS merge crosswind.duf into the scene... Same bug happens to FBX format as well. I've not tested other formats...

I submitted this bug weeks ago, I've seen no attention paid from Dev. team....

Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

And another bug... , @Richard Haseltine  @barbult

I don't know if you ever experienced it, in both GR and PB version. If there's an OBJ file in a folder and a DUF file with the same name in that folder as well, let's say crosswind.obj and crosswind.duf. When import crosswind.obj, DS merge crosswind.duf into the scene... Same bug happens to FBX format as well. I've not tested other formats...

I submitted this bug weeks ago, I've seen no attention paid from Dev. team....

This is a longstanding problem, I believe. At least it exists in 4.21.0.5, exactly as you described here. I can only vouch for the obj/duf problem. I don't have experience with FBX.