Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.22.1.150! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,336

Well, then I wonder what is different for me. Maybe it is the content of the file I load as my new scene.Thanks for trying the steps.

• Just installed the new beta *.58 version...but as always, I just cannot seem to find any place on the sites for a list of the new changes and software additions...Could some please tell me where I can see the new features of the Daz software when a new version is released...?

Thanks...

• innes53_4e67625942 said:

Just installed the new beta *.58 version...but as always, I just cannot seem to find any place on the sites for a list of the new changes and software additions...Could some please tell me where I can see the new features of the Daz software when a new version is released...?

Thanks...

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/666006

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log ;

• Thank you, Dr...

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,040
    edited January 18

barbult said:

I'm having trouble with the Ctrl+N (File/ New) in DS 4.22.1.58. It causing the main DS window to disappear and leaves DS process in Not Responding in Task Manager. I have to kill it in Task Manager. Sometimes it causes DS to crash to the desktop.

To Reproduce this problem:

1. Open DS 4.21.1.58
    2. Load Genesis 9
    3. Ctrl+R to render the Scene (Iray engine to new window)
    4. Do not save the render or close the render window.
    5. With the completed render window being the active window, click Ctrl+N to create a new scene
    6. When the dialog opens, select the first icon in the list to open the file for a new scene
    7. When it asks whether to save the current scene, click the No button.
    8. Daz Studio either crashes or the main window disappears, leaving the open render window with DS not responding in Task Manager.

I have attached two crash log zips. I'm not sure which version of DS this problem started in. I have been avoiding the whole Ctrl+N new file for weeks, because of how slow it is and the annoying advertising and store display. Today is the first time I've activated it in a long time. The result was beyond disappointing. Can anyone else reproduce this problem?

I couldn't reproduce the issue either...though new Ctrl + N is still very slow (occasionally 7 - 10 seconds before dialogue pops up).

The dump analysis showed the crash came from qtcore4.dll...but not sure the root cause of it. Is there any overlock or underlock with your CPU ?

And what's the Nvidia driver version that you use ? After doing quite a few tests last week, at least on my side (RTX A6000), the most stable driver for Public Build is 545.84 ~ Maybe you can give it a try...

Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

I couldn't reproduce the issue either...though new Ctrl + N is still very slow (occasionally 7 - 10 seconds before dialogue pops up).

The dump analysis showed the crash came from qtcore4.dll...but not sure the root cause of it. Is there any overlock or underlock with your CPU ?

And what's the Nvidia driver version that you use ? After doing quite a few tests last week, at least on my side (RTX A6000), the most stable driver for Public Build is 545.84 ~ Maybe you can give it a try...

I'm using driver 546.33 with an RTX 3080 on Windows 10. The CPU is not underclocked or overclocked.  Ctrl+N seems to work OK, (slow, but no crash or not responding) as long as that previous render window is not still open and active.

I changed DS Preferences to On "New": Load File: None. I did the same for the startup scene on launch. Now the crash does not happen at the time I described above. However, after the new scene is created, when I add an item to the new scene, the main DS window abruptly disappears. The old original render window is still displayed and the Daz Studio application is Not Responding and using 0% CPU. I cannot interact with the render window controls at all to close it. I have to kill the Daz Studio task in Task Manager So the problem does not seem to be the content of my startup scene, since I have eliminated it.

So I tried my documented scenario in 4.21.0.5 General Release (which doesn't have the "new" dialog, but instead just directly opens a new scene). There is no problem. It leaves the first render window open, creates a clear scene and lets me load items and render them to another new window. Everything is perfect there.

4.22.1.58 only works properly if I close the first render window before creating a new scene.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

barbult said:

I changed DS Preferences to On "New": Load File: None. I did the same for the startup scene on launch. Now the crash does not happen at the time I described above. However, after the new scene is created, when I add an item to the new scene, the main DS window abruptly disappears. The old original render window is still displayed and the Daz Studio application is Not Responding and using 0% CPU. I cannot interact with the render window controls at all to close it. I have to kill the Daz Studio task in Task Manager So the problem does not seem to be the content of my startup scene, since I have eliminated it.

Replicated 

Fixmypcmike said:

barbult said:

Replicated 

Thank you for testing!

edited January 18

barbult said:

Reproduced... I presume the cause is just the Render Window... as there're some change made to it in Public Build since a certain 4.22.1.xx version.

Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

barbult said:

Reproduced... I presume the cause is just the Render Window... as there're some change made to it in Public Build since a certain 4.22.1.xx version.

Thank you for testing the latest scenario.

Further information:  this only occurs when rendering in Iray, not in 3Delight.

Further information:  this only occurs when rendering in Iray, not in 3Delight.

Interesting. I haven't touched 3Delight since Iray was released.
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,956

For the last few betas, & I don't know how far back the bug goes, when I select a Light from the viewport dropdown menu to few a scene from the location and direction of the light, DAZ Studio crashes. I am pretty sure I used to be able to do that.

nonesuch00 said:

For the last few betas, & I don't know how far back the bug goes, when I select a Light from the viewport dropdown menu to few a scene from the location and direction of the light, DAZ Studio crashes. I am pretty sure I used to be able to do that.

I'm not getting that.  Do you have a simple scene file to reproduce it? 

Fixmypcmike said:

nonesuch00 said:

Well, it's not so simple of a scene but let me try again after simplifying the scene so that it only uses DAZ 3D products.

Fixmypcmike said:

nonesuch00 said:

OK, I tried it with a new scene I'm making and that's OK so it's something specific to one scene and that scene is a bit old and complex, so I'll just write it off if your team has more pressing bugs to fix.

barbult said:

crosswind said:

barbult said:

@barbult

You're welcome !

BTW, I changed the way of "New...". by writing a Script to bring back New...(Legacy) to 4.22+. If you have interest, pls give it a try. The script is in here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/670361/script-of-new-legacy-for-ds-4-22#latest

crosswind said:

barbult said:

crosswind said:

barbult said:

@barbult

You're welcome !

BTW, I changed the way of "New...". by writing a Script to bring back New...(Legacy) to 4.22+. If you have interest, pls give it a try. The script is in here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/670361/script-of-new-legacy-for-ds-4-22#latest

Thanks for the alternative.

• Hi 

Nvidia support for Tesla is currently only for 538.15, therefore I think the beta is not going to working for tesla card. Can we have a fallback for the support of tesla card for now?

• jameskong said:

Hi 

Nvidia support for Tesla is currently only for 538.15, therefore eI think the beta is not going to working for tesla card. Can we have a fallback for the support of tesla card for now?

Espically when 545 & 546 is consider NFB from Nvidia side, which would be outside of regular release for LTS.

"Release 545 is a New Feature Branch (NFB) driver. NFB drivers provide users the flexibility to try new features made available outside the launch cycle of longer-lived Production Branch drivers."

• Geometry editor is still bugged after all this time -- if you use modifier keys (shift / ctrl / alt) while selecting polys and then use mouse on view pan tool the cursor changes into an arrow afterwards and you can't select any polygons anymore.

• jameskong said:

jameskong said:

Hi 

Nvidia support for Tesla is currently only for 538.15, therefore eI think the beta is not going to working for tesla card. Can we have a fallback for the support of tesla card for now?

Espically when 545 & 546 is consider NFB from Nvidia side, which would be outside of regular release for LTS.

"Release 545 is a New Feature Branch (NFB) driver. NFB drivers provide users the flexibility to try new features made available outside the launch cycle of longer-lived Production Branch drivers."

nVidia decides which drivers and hardware are supported, it isn't something over which Daz has any control.

• Richard Haseltine said:

jameskong said:

jameskong said:

Hi 

nVidia decides which drivers and hardware are supported, it isn't something over which Daz has any control.

I understand about that, but wasn't it a little bit radical to upgrade the Iray kit of DAZ3D that new that most of device driver is still remain in 52x and 53x?

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,448

When saving a scene that renders to canvases, if you have created and selected nodes for one or more canvases, sometimes (?) when reloading the saved scene, the canvases have forgotten their nodes (no selected node).

I know we are doing work on canvases, and its high time... but we need to fix this. And maybe stop wiping out my canvases everytime I load a different HDRI while you're at it.

• jameskong said:

I understand about that, but wasn't it a little bit radical to upgrade the Iray kit of DAZ3D that new that most of device driver is still remain in 52x and 53x?

As far as I know, the Iray SDK was updated only in latest Beta version of Daz Studio.

If you don't want an updated Iray SDK (which all of us using RTX 4000 series cards very much do because it brings great speed improvements and bugfixes), then you are free to keep using the release build of Daz Studio which should still be on the ancient Iray SDK.

• jameskong said:

Richard Haseltine said:

jameskong said:

jameskong said:

Hi 

There has been a steady dropping off of older hardware over the years, nVidia supports severl generations back at any time but they don't keep them up forever.

• @Richard Is Zero Figure supposed to remove some dForce settings from dForce clothing item surfaces?

Latest Daz Studio Beta does that -- the only settings remaining after Zero Figure are Friction, Collision Layer, and Collision Offset.

Of course this totally breaks the items in question.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,448

Can anyone verify the behavior I am seeing when rendering to canvases? I no longer think its "sometimes", I think any file you save with canvases loses its connections to its nodes while saving.