Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

+1 I think the thrid one would make a great Banner!!!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thank you very much Saphire!

Your very welcome Sonja!

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I played around a bit in photoshop and lightroom (if you haven't tried Lightroom, and have it, I highly recommend it).  And for some reason this is very dark here, its much brighter and colorful elsewhere.  Weird, its usually pretty spot on here. This one is the original and is the exact same one except that I loaded it on Deviant Art then copied it to here.  No idea why all of a sudden its not showing true to color.

The colors and the detail on the hydras are fantastic. Great work!

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

I played around a bit in photoshop and lightroom (if you haven't tried Lightroom, and have it, I highly recommend it).  And for some reason this is very dark here, its much brighter and colorful elsewhere.  Weird, its usually pretty spot on here. This one is the original and is the exact same one except that I loaded it on Deviant Art then copied it to here.  No idea why all of a sudden its not showing true to color.

Love this color, Sonja!  Looks like blood in the water.

I prefer the third version of Winter is Coming as well.  Zooming into a portrait can really make it pop.

Love your new avatar, by the way.

Thank you @Llynara and @DeathbyCanon!  I'm really happy with how things are progressing.  Not ever fast enough but hey, half the fun is the journey!

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

LOL! We reposted the same picture at the almost same time! 

I hear you on the time frame thing. But the journey is wonderful, especially with friends heart

Llynara said:

LOL! We reposted the same picture at the almost same time! 

I hear you on the time frame thing. But the journey is wonderful, especially with friends heart

Yes it certainly is!

• I like the third one as well.  It looks nice in your banner.  I always love seeing before and after postwork images.  :)

Yep, the journey is the fun part even if it goes slower than we wish.  Made better with good friends. 

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,367

The Hydra image is great! 

The Hydra image is great! 

@First Bastion thank you very much!  Its a fun model for sure!

Thanks @KnittingMommy I agree, the friends are the best part!

I think all your artwork is second to none Sonja!!!

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

I will be the weird one here. Myself I like the color of the first one, but the 'affect' changes of the third one. Like the cold air puff and the close up. :) LOL

I think all your artwork is second to none Sonja!!!

@saphirewild thank you very much!

Liana said:

I will be the weird one here. Myself I like the color of the first one, but the 'affect' changes of the third one. Like the cold air puff and the close up. :) LOL

@Liana I like the colors in the first one too, I think the more white coloring would actually be more winter like, but sometimes, the work takes on a life of its own lol.  I might revisit at some point and see if I can do it in a less colorful way and still get the look I am going for.

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

It's totally alright. Sometimes that happens to me or I hit a road block and just set it aside for a while. Like you I still share sometimes one gets good ideas from others. :)

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Your new avatar looks great and suits you :) 

I just checked out your website - great work.  I particularly like the portfolio gallery, it really shows off your work/talent.  I looked at the families and clans page too - love the characters you've set up.  I don't know if you are looking for comments on the web site, but one thing I noticed is that the size/distance of the pics of the royal family vary, whereas the size/distance of the characters in the Calavek family and the Desert Wind Clan are even or consistent.  I personally prefer the consistent panels, but that is just one opinion and they look very good as is.

Your new avatar looks great and suits you :) 

I just checked out your website - great work.  I particularly like the portfolio gallery, it really shows off your work/talent.  I looked at the families and clans page too - love the characters you've set up.  I don't know if you are looking for comments on the web site, but one thing I noticed is that the size/distance of the pics of the royal family vary, whereas the size/distance of the characters in the Calavek family and the Desert Wind Clan are even or consistent.  I personally prefer the consistent panels, but that is just one opinion and they look very good as is.

Oh yes, comments are most welcome!  I am pretty much winging it so I very much appreciate feedback.  And thank you very much, the world building is slow going but I'm really enjoying it.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,797

Ver cool work on that ice queen, that has evolved so much, it now has a painted feel to it. Love the colours and icy effects!

Linwelly said:

Ver cool work on that ice queen, that has evolved so much, it now has a painted feel to it. Love the colours and icy effects!

Thank you!

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Sonja musta got a serious makeover... I barely recognize her. :)

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

The postwork is coming along nicly Sonja. The colors in the Hydra and reflection on the water is really pretty. You also did a great job adding in the blowing snow in that older render.

wgdjohn said:

Sonja musta got a serious makeover... I barely recognize her. :)

Lol, now, if I could only speed up my make over in real life....

The postwork is coming along nicly Sonja. The colors in the Hydra and reflection on the water is really pretty. You also did a great job adding in the blowing snow in that older render.

Thank you very much!  I'm working hard at it lol.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045
    edited October 2017

I see congratulations are in order :)

Well done. OOPS!.Your image has been used on the news sheet at Renderosity. (sorry did it without thinking as I do everywhere else)

Mod edit:- please describe rather than use an unsolicited Commercial link    THank you

Post edited by Fishtales on
    Fishtales said:

I see congratulations are in order :)

Well done.

Mod edit:- please describe rather than use an unsolicited Commercial link    THank you

@Fishtales, thank you very much!

KindredArts just released a new product Iray Lens FX yesterday.  I'm highly recommending this one, its really easy to use and a really great way to change or enhance your scenes.  Two Tones, textured lenses and tonemapping options. You can change the look of your render instantly without having to change your light setup or spend a lot of time fiddling in an image editor.

50+ presets included.

You can see more examples and some great comparisons on this thread. There is also several black and white, vignette and tone settings, which you can see in the thread.  I have a black and white one done but its on my home pc and is going to have to wait till later lol.

This is one of the color presets - the light purple I believe.  All I did here was add the character and Stonemason's Urban Future 5, added a Ghost Light in front of her the same color as the fireball and added the lens effect.  Its a super easy way to add mood etc. to a piece without spending a half hour or more in photoshop.

This is using the strong green lens

And this one uses one of the gradient filters

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Love the hydras, those look absolutely stunning!  yes

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

I really like the gradent filter, but probably won't spend moeny on this one. I almost always postwork anyway and color toneing is my last postwork step and it takes very little time. It helps to pull all the postwork together with the render making it look like it was always one piece. 

Thanks @Novica and @Deathbycanon!  Sorry for the late reply I was out of town this weekend and the internet was horrible at the hotel.  It took forever to load any pages.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I like the skeleton with the strong green lens light. That looks mighty good!

I like the skeleton with the strong green lens light. That looks mighty good!

Thank you very much!

This discussion has been closed.