There's Always Another Sale Thread -- Discussions Only Pt 2

Comments

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,096
    edited May 10

With the new orange banner from this afternoon (and one token, lol), I could get Harlow 9 Pro for $25 plus 10-ish for the two addons. It's is a really, really good price, and I really like the character. But I'm still hesistant, because I won't feel comfortable using either the blasters or the shadow mercenary outfit because of their tie-in editorial license add-ons (yes, the marshal outfit has one too, but the difference is much bigger than just change of colors, so I'm slightly less uncomfortable here), and it significantly lowers the value of the bundle to me.

I really wish Daz kept all the fan stuff truly separate not just as color scheme addons.

I guess I have until midnight to decide.

(On that note, something positive: a huge thank you to whomever put the expiry date on the orange banner offer. This was such a pleasant surprise that if I was more expressive, it would justify all caps and a lot of heart emoticons.)

Post edited by joanna on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 262

New banner up - 50% off one item. Works for new items.

Everything in my wishlist is high enough at the moment that it's not tempting for me, but maybe others will have better luck.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,596
    edited May 10

PerttiA said:

Tomhip said:

Where is PerttiA finding out another amazing combo deal that i somehow missed??

Sorry, the stars didn't line up today, tried pretty much everything.
    One can get individual items for 92% off after putting enough debut new items from different offers in the cart, but to get 90% off the whole cart required getting into $100+ range and still the cart felt kind of boring...

I have to take that back... The new banner for 50% off one item gets Harlow Pro Bundle down to $14.53/93% off (with 8 tokens),
    so now I'm at 92% off for the whole cart for $56 (24 items).

I have the Harlow Pro bundle plus 2 addons (just had to get the cabin),
    Ratnick plus 2 other RawArt items,
    3 Daz+ items from the RawArt selection,
    Daz+ new items,
    the weekly featured Daz+ items (note pick the three $0.99 items before these)
    And a bunch of Featured Artists (DO's) from Harlow and Ratnick promotions.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • ainm.sloinneadhainm.sloinneadh Posts: 237

PerttiA said:

PerttiA said:

Tomhip said:

Where is PerttiA finding out another amazing combo deal that i somehow missed??

Sorry, the stars didn't line up today, tried pretty much everything.
    One can get individual items for 92% off after putting enough debut new items from different offers in the cart, but to get 90% off the whole cart required getting into $100+ range and still the cart felt kind of boring...

I have to take that back... The new banner for 50% off one item gets Harlow Pro Bundle down to $14.53/93% off (with 8 tokens),
    so now I'm at 92% off for the whole cart for $56 (24 items).

I have the Harlow Pro bundle plus 2 addons (just had to get the cabin),
    Ratnick plus 2 other RawArt items,
    3 Daz+ items from the RawArt selection,
    Daz+ new items,
    the weekly featured Daz+ items (note pick the three $0.99 items before these)
    And a bunch of Featured Artists (DO's) from Harlow and Ratnick promotions.

What are the weekly featured Daz+ items this week? I turned my marketing emails on and they stopped arriving. They'd been arriving for as long as I can remember when with the marketing emails switched off. I only switched them on because I was surprised they were off and I thought I might be missing out on emails, but it's been very quite since I did that!

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,596

ainm.sloinneadh said:

What are the weekly featured Daz+ items this week? I turned my marketing emails on and they stopped arriving. They'd been arriving for as long as I can remember when with the marketing emails switched off. I only switched them on because I was surprised they were off and I thought I might be missing out on emails, but it's been very quite since I did that!

https://www.daz3d.com/daz-plus
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8712886/#Comment_8712886

PerttiA said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Of course there's a page for it...

The emails have clearly been spoiled me to devolution. Thank you for being more evolved!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,385

ainm.sloinneadh said:

PerttiA said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

The emails have clearly been spoiled me to devolution. Thank you for being more evolved!

Instead of a seperate DAZ+ email the DAZ+ items that were in the DAZ+ email were combined into the daily DAZ email. 

Charlie Judge said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

PerttiA said:

ainm.sloinneadh said:

Instead of a seperate DAZ+ email the DAZ+ items that were in the DAZ+ email were combined into the daily DAZ email. 

So they have been. Unsure I like that change. I preferred them in their own email because I used to look at the last two whenever I was building a cart. Now they're buried at the bottom of very long emails with no way of knowing which of the emails they're in. I've definitely missed quite a few items over the past few weeks because of the change. I guess I better start visiting the web page instead.

Fine print on the Daz sale tile today - DO bundles are for the price of the unowned items. I know there were folks hoping for one of those...

• ElorElor Posts: 746
    edited May 11

Nice: I got 16 bundles out of the store listing and I should finally stop seing useless bundles (like Starter Bundles while I own the Pro Bundle) laugh

Edit: if you're missing the same items in two different bundles, it's best to add both of them to your cart to check which is the cheapest (and then, I suppose, after having bought it if the price felt right to you, you should be able to get the other bundle for free, to remove it from the store listing):

In all three cases, I'm missing the same exacts items in each bundle compared:

Horse 3 bundles:

Nikolai 9 bundles:

• Nikolai 9 HD Santa Bundle: $17.82
    • Nikolai 9 HD Mega Bundle: $16.86

Michael 9 bundles:

• Michael 9 HD Sea-nic Life Bundle: $52.63
    • Michael 9 HD Keepin' It Casual Mega Bundle: $53.75
    Post edited by Elor on
  • JumbotronJumbotron Posts: 48
    I'm posting this from my Android cell, which it's rare for me, since I much prefer visiting the place from my desktop PC. Anyway, with todays sale, I've just seen Teen Josie 8 starter bundle for free on a lightning deal. No wonder that it costs me nothing, since I already got the Pro bundle in the past. That's the very same reason why I don't quite get why it's been offered to me as a lightning deal. Curious.
  • ElorElor Posts: 746

Jumbotron said:

No wonder that it costs me nothing, since I already got the Pro bundle in the past. That's the very same reason why I don't quite get why it's been offered to me as a lightning deal. Curious.

Because you don't own the Starter Bundle itself even if you own every item included in it: if the current promotion (pay only the price of the non owned items) wasn't active, the Starter bundle you're speaking about would not be free.

Best time to solve the problem is today and tomorrow, while the promotion is active (it's rarely active: the previous time was in August 2023).

@Elor Thanks. :) I'm going to 'buy' lots of starter bundles for which I already own the Pro bundles when I get home then.
  • Ready to see if the next Daz+ event is good. I had a coupon for 50% off any 1 item, "not valid on gift cards," yesterday. So I picked up a Quarterly membership for $12, which fits both my budget and inclinations. Yay me.

• thistledownsnamethistledownsname Posts: 1,321

Trying to tell the difference between my orange banner Ratnick offer, and the store-wide Ratnick sale.  Don't see the difference.

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,126

Jumbotron said:

@Elor Thanks. :) I'm going to 'buy' lots of starter bundles for which I already own the Pro bundles when I get home then.

Is there any downside to this? It would be nice to clean up the product listing of all those "empty to me" bundles that I already own everything in.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,434

thistledownsname said:

Trying to tell the difference between my orange banner Ratnick offer, and the store-wide Ratnick sale.  Don't see the difference.

They are the same, the on-site wa a reminder for people who have already purchased RawArt sets.

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Jumbotron said:

Is there any downside to this? It would be nice to clean up the product listing of all those "empty to me" bundles that I already own everything in.

I can't think of any downside. An alternative to buying is hiding those redundant products from the listings, something that can be done if you have a current subscription to the Daz-Deals extension, I think.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,057

Fine print on the Daz sale tile today - DO bundles are for the price of the unowned items. I know there were folks hoping for one of those...

Yes! I saw it, but thanks for pointing it out anyway. Cleared 60 smaller bundles from the store pages this morning before calling it a day and going to bed. Browsing Daz Originals in the catalog is so much better now.

And thank you, Daz!

(That number might seem excessive, but there have been several sales during which bundles were $5 to $15 each, and it's common for larger bundles to leave behind two smaller bundles of already-purchased items.)
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,708

I dispensed with 18 smaller bundles. Looking in my product library, the included products get re-listed at the top. I can't decide if "buying" the bundles was the best idea. Oh well. Done is done. Seems like there should be some better way of handling that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,534

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Jumbotron said:

I think yes. But that's just me. I thought yes, I finally get the chance to buy the bundles I own. Today, ayear or so later, I regret that choice. I hate that the invoices overwrite and repopulate the old invoice number and date. My spreadsheet is long enough this makes it longer, and my 4 TB SSDs have turned into 8TB SSDs. It's simply extra uneccessary work for someone like me who micro-manages their assets. I ended up with having to take duplicate screenshots and update to older folders. My spread sheet grew much longer for no good reason. I tried it twice. Thanks, but no thank-you. I don't see a benefit. Just extra work identifying, buying, extra sorting and extra record keeping. A huge time waster if you own a ton of bundles but 'don't own them'.

• CELESRACELESRA Posts: 88

The Rawart sale doesn't work as expected. I can only add one item with the two required ones for 99 pence. It states, I should be able to add 3 for 99 pence. 

Therefore, it should be 3.99 for ratnick, one item at whatever price from the same vendor, and 3 extra at 99 pence. It won't do it. 

Thanks for looking into it.

• joannajoanna Posts: 1,096
    edited May 12

CELESRA said:

The Rawart sale doesn't work as expected. I can only add one item with the two required ones for 99 pence. It states, I should be able to add 3 for 99 pence. 

Therefore, it should be 3.99 for ratnick, one item at whatever price from the same vendor, and 3 extra at 99 pence. It won't do it. 

Thanks for looking into it.

As the banner states, you need three items by RawArt for the discount to work: Ratnick can be one of them, and then you need two more by RawArt to trigger the discount on Daz+ items, and these are only the items that are inlcuded on the page the sales banner takes you to, not any Daz+ items.

Ratnick + one other item gets you 70% off other RawArt items (instead of 50%).

Post edited by joanna on
  • dortybassadortybassa Posts: 493

Feels like I've been waiting for the bundle deal for over a year...

Got some of my bundles filled and now I can get 5 licenses too... 

• XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 223

Jumbotron said:

If you don't have time consuming habits in which you double download things you already own and massively track each item by order number, I can't think of any negatives at all. I learned about this trick last year and loved it. I personally find it awful when you are looking for deals on sales and keep seeing stuff you already own. By buying sub bundles for free, you massively clean up your item lists especially when you sort by bundle only, which I will do a lot. When I buy the sub bundles I already own, I don't document order numbers or re-download stuff for double permanent holding. I do it to just make the shopping experience better and faster. So if you do intensive record keeping and downloading of things you would already own, then this could be a mistake. But, for most other people, I can't think of any negatives. I just did it again yesterday to clean up over 40 sub bundles. In total, I think I have done this for around 100 sub bundles and I don't regret it one bit. But different folks value different stuff, so to each their own.
  • XiousDsXiousDs Posts: 223
    Torquinox said:

I dispensed with 18 smaller bundles. Looking in my product library, the included products get re-listed at the top. I can't decide if "buying" the bundles was the best idea. Oh well. Done is done. Seems like there should be some better way of handling that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do seriously wish they would give us a better way of looking in our library. It does not seem like it would be that hard to at least have the same store search options when searching for things in your library. Example, would be nice to look by artist in your library. Now if I want to do that, I just go to the store, un hide items I own, and filter by artist. I wish items listed in store had built in tags for searching in your library as well. It would be nice if you could search shoe, and it would list all items with shoe props, shoe morphs, or shoe textures. Even better would be able to further filter by the model series it is meant for like gen 3, gen 8, gen 8.1, gen 9, etc.

Argh, finally a day when there's a new release I actually want... and the rest of the "buy one of today's new releases and get..." offers are all useless to me. 

I do wish the Unrivaled character had a few promo pictures of him without the texture pack you have to buy separately. I'd be nice to know what the actual character looked like out of the box. At least one picture of him without the beard seems reasonable, especially since they show him without the chest hair (which isn't shown in the pack that contains it, either).

Orange banner for 20% off entire cart - includes gift cards!!

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,708

Sadly, other priorities have reduced my procurement budget to 0. Happily, I still have a fair amount of money on account. Sadly, none of the sales have appealed to me since Easter. Happily, Daz+ sale is coming, isn't it? That could be fun.

Mostly, I'm waiting for the right opportunity to use my Daz+ coupons this month and I still have lots of fun stuff to use in the meantime. I do have a few key items I want to grab, but the stars have not aligned.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,487

Torquinox said:

Sadly, other priorities have reduced my procurement budget to 0. Happily, I still have a fair amount of money on account. Sadly, none of the sales have appealed to me since Easter. Happily, Daz+ sale is coming, isn't it? That could be fun.

Mostly, I'm waiting for the right opportunity to use my Daz+ coupons this month and I still have lots of fun stuff to use in the meantime. I do have a few key items I want to grab, but the stars have not aligned.

its somewhat difficult to  use the DAZ+ coupons anymore with the coupons already needed to trigger sales. I just ry to grab something and don;t worry about using them much anymore.  

This discussion has been closed.