Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.0.21!

1568101132

Comments

  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited October 2015
    Leana said:

    You do not need to be online to use your content. You only need to be online to download content, either new or updates, or to use the in application purchase functionality. Of course you needed to be online to download content or purchase content before 4.9, that aspect has not really changed. The difference is that now you will only have to download those parts of a product that have been updated, or failed to properly download when you were on before.  

    The difference is also that now you have to do it from within DS, which means that you need a good enough internet connection from that computer.

    You go to the library to download your purchases because your connection at home is too bad? Sorry, can't do that for Daz connect only content.

    Your rendering computer is never connected to internet? Well, too bad, no Daz connect only content for you...

    You have a desktop and a laptop and want to install your content on both? Well, you'll have to download it twice, using twice the download allowance.

    Your hard drive crashed and you have to reinstall everything? Sure, redownload everything since you don't have a backup of the installers...

     

    We did account for and test the workflow for systems that are offline and/or if you do your downloading at a different location (Starbucks) on a laptop then transferring it to a desktop. It needs a little refinement but it does work. 

    So your examples have been taken into account and are not an issue. 

    Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 3,495
    edited October 2015

    No, the files can't be moved - and you won't directly see the folders they are in anyway...

     

    vwrangler said:

    Wait ... what? What does that mean? Why wouldn't we be able to see the directories on our own drives?

     

     

    You can see directories on your harddrive. That doesn't mean DAZ Studio will see them. 

     

    OK, so -- apart from my prior questions not being addressed (and I do understand that this is a fast moving and somewhat tense thread) -- this seems to mean that the use of Content Library for newer content is effectively being deprecated. Is that correct?

    Post edited by vwrangler on
  • I am now thoroughly confused...

    Not a good starting impression.

  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    mjc1016 said:

    OK, new question: I have a computer that gets used by more than one person, each with their own daz3d account, and purchase history. Is Daz Connect going to allow more than one person to access their content on that one computer?

    From the looks of it you'll need a bigger hard drive or three...to at least stick to the letter of the Eula.

    Nope. Each product only needs to be installed once.

    Rawb, in a now closed thread, implied that to comply with the EULA, that yes each user would need to have their own install...

  • oomuoomu Posts: 170

    To let DAZ Studio manage the content and organization is great. If the interface is nice and allow me to categorize easily with care and fun, it's a GREAT tool. I want to create stuff, not to move files and folders and break structures (assets and scenes needs to know where to find files) all the time because I just wanted to group iray stuff together and I make a mistake.

    So a database and a good UI to manage content, easy redownloading for my other computer : GREAT!

     

    -

    BUT DRM ?!

    NO !

    -

    I understand the pain of piracy. (and yes, there is a LOT of piracy of daz/renderosity/runtimedna contents)

    but DRM ?

    NO.

     

    I want to be sure I will be able to use what I _bought_ in TEN years, TWENTY years, DECADES, whatever if the DAZ company and drm management servers are up or shutdowned, closed or merged to Autodesk/Microsoft/Whoever.

    I want to be able to make LOCAL backups of content I paid for and to use it again and again in new DAZ software versions, new third parties software, new tools.

    Textures maps in common format images, 3D objects, assets like that are wonderful to mix and modify (and yes I follow licences. and I understand a derivative work is still not my property).

    The FAQ needs to be very clear about what will be possible to do with DAZ Studio contents in Photoshop.

     

    To be clear: I want to future proof stuff I PAID FOR. Not simply play with DLC for a video game.

  • vwrangler said:

    No, the files can't be moved - and you won't directly see the folders they are in anyway...

     

    vwrangler said:

    Wait ... what? What does that mean? Why wouldn't we be able to see the directories on our own drives?

     

     

    You can see directories on your harddrive. That doesn't mean DAZ Studio will see them. 

     

    OK, so -- apart from my prior questions not being addressed (and I do understand that this is a fast moving and somewhat tense thread) -- this seems to mean that the use of Content Library for newer content is effectively being deprecated. Is that correct?

    The ... Formats sections won't show Connect content, though you can place a loader script (or, if I understood DAZ_Jon in a previous post, a shortcut) in them. The Products and Categories sections will show the Connect content.

  • LeanaLeana Posts: 4,821
    vwrangler said:
    this seems to mean that the use of Content Library for newer content is effectively being deprecated. Is that correct?

    According to the FAQ the Content library pane has been updated to support DAZ Connect items.

  • DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 588
    Leana said:

    You do not need to be online to use your content. You only need to be online to download content, either new or updates, or to use the in application purchase functionality. Of course you needed to be online to download content or purchase content before 4.9, that aspect has not really changed. The difference is that now you will only have to download those parts of a product that have been updated, or failed to properly download when you were on before.  

    The difference is also that now you have to do it from within DS, which means that you need a good enough internet connection from that computer.

    You go to the library to download your purchases because your connection at home is too bad? Sorry, can't do that for Daz connect only content.

    Your rendering computer is never connected to internet? Well, too bad, no Daz connect only content for you...

    You have a desktop and a laptop and want to install your content on both? Well, you'll have to download it twice, using twice the download allowance.

    Your hard drive crashed and you have to reinstall everything? Sure, redownload everything since you don't have a backup of the installers...

    I believe you may have missed this post:

    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/934196/#Comment_934196

     

    Also, should you use the offline packages to install your content if you later login and go online with that copy of Studio your Daz Connect products will be able to upgrade/repair/uninstall just like if you downloaded the content while connected. So if you have bad internet at home (but can still connect and download small things) you can download the offline packages from a library or on your phone or whatever, install them at home and still have the option of downloading the incremental updates to the content.

  • DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 588
    oomu said:

    To let DAZ Studio manage the content and organization is great. If the interface is nice and allow me to categorize easily with care and fun, it's a GREAT tool. I want to create stuff, not to move files and folders and break structures (assets and scenes needs to know where to find files) all the time because I just wanted to group iray stuff together and I make a mistake.

    So a database and a good UI to manage content, easy redownloading for my other computer : GREAT!

     

    -

    BUT DRM ?!

    NO !

    -

    I understand the pain of piracy. (and yes, there is a LOT of piracy of daz/renderosity/runtimedna contents)

    but DRM ?

    NO.

     

    I want to be sure I will be able to use what I _bought_ in TEN years, TWENTY years, DECADES, whatever if the DAZ company and drm management servers are up or shutdowned, closed or merged to Autodesk/Microsoft/Whoever.

    I want to be able to make LOCAL backups of content I paid for and to use it again and again in new DAZ software versions, new third parties software, new tools.

    Textures maps in common format images, 3D objects, assets like that are wonderful to mix and modify (and yes I follow licences. and I understand a derivative work is still not my property).

    The FAQ needs to be very clear about what will be possible to do with DAZ Studio contents in Photoshop.

     

    To be clear: I want to future proof stuff I PAID FOR. Not simply play with DLC for a video game.

    This should ease your concerns about having local backups of your content:

    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/934196/#Comment_934196

     

    And as far as the encryption goes, it only expands the encryption to cover things beyond the studio script files but still only encrypts Daz specific files. Things like textures and maps are unencrypted during installation.

  • OK, new question: I have a computer that gets used by more than one person, each with their own daz3d account, and purchase history. Is Daz Connect going to allow more than one person to access their content on that one computer?

    The system currently allows each person to log in and access their content. It does require an internet connection to switch users. (There are some refinements to the process that are being looked at, but no promisses either way.)  

    Thank you for the information. And thank you for telling me outright that Daz Connect will not work for me, so I no longer have to stress out about figuring it out. The computer in question mainly gets used at a place where there is no internet service. DAZ_Rawb, I'm sorry I won't be giving you the feedback I promised you earlier. I'll stick to DIM, and my external hard drives that are organized in the way I found suitable. Work offline - check. Don't don't show me this again - check. Problem solved.

     

    Thanks also for the Iray enhancements. The speed boost on my 970 card was not very significant, but every little bit helps.

  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,488
    edited October 2015

    Just  found out about this forthcoming DRM, cloud-only business and all I can say is "Hell, no!"   I got burnt before by that crap, now I avoid it like the plague. Sorry, Daz. but if that's the way it's gonna be I won't be updating after 4.8 and will most likely spend even less than I have ever since the supply of new Poser compatible releases began drying up. Looks like this will be my last year in the PC as well, if this is where it's headed.

    Damn, I'm gonna miss this place. But on the plus side, I'm looking at all the money I'll save. broken heart

     

    Post edited by Byrdie on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 4,821

    The ... Formats sections won't show Connect content, though you can place a loader script (or, if I understood DAZ_Jon in a previous post, a shortcut) in them. The Products and Categories sections will show the Connect content.

    So basically we will have to use the categories or smart content to use it, no way to use the good old "file system" library. Well I'm definitely not happy about that.

  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 2,956
    Leana said:

    You do not need to be online to use your content. You only need to be online to download content, either new or updates, or to use the in application purchase functionality. Of course you needed to be online to download content or purchase content before 4.9, that aspect has not really changed. The difference is that now you will only have to download those parts of a product that have been updated, or failed to properly download when you were on before.  

    The difference is also that now you have to do it from within DS, which means that you need a good enough internet connection from that computer.

    You go to the library to download your purchases because your connection at home is too bad? Sorry, can't do that for Daz connect only content.

    Your rendering computer is never connected to internet? Well, too bad, no Daz connect only content for you...

    You have a desktop and a laptop and want to install your content on both? Well, you'll have to download it twice, using twice the download allowance.

    Your hard drive crashed and you have to reinstall everything? Sure, redownload everything since you don't have a backup of the installers...

    I've only just started playing with this, so take this as a first cut.

    I do my downloads on a laptop and drag them home to the stand-alone system for installation (DIM all the way). Just looking, 4.9 downloads content to a directory called 'cloud' under the data directory in the first mapped Studio format directory. This looks like it should be easy enough to copy and/or back up - but a 'smart' copy utility would speed the process up quite a bit.

    DAZ_Rawb said (somewhere in here) that there will be a method to do an off-line authentication - presumably by downloading something and doing a sneaker-net copy; I'm waiting for that, as my big home system doesn't have a serial interface and my internet is dial-up - but I can say that 4.9 bea on the big system sees all my current content (after I got all the directories mapped, that is).

  • Syndaryl said:

    The exporter still being available is a ridiculous argument that your files are still somehow accessible, by the way.

    I've got a half-written DUF importer for Blender that is now, apparently, going to be complete garbage because I'll loose access to the DUF files. I have the mesh imported, and I was working on the weightmapping for general weighted models (G3F and clothing), but that's all pointless effort now.

    There is API for that, you don't need to read the DUF files for that. 

    How does one lay hands on said API?

  • DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 588
    Leana said:

    The ... Formats sections won't show Connect content, though you can place a loader script (or, if I understood DAZ_Jon in a previous post, a shortcut) in them. The Products and Categories sections will show the Connect content.

    So basically we will have to use the categories or smart content to use it, no way to use the good old "file system" library. Well I'm definitely not happy about that.

    I have some thoughts about some potential solutions for those of you that want to manage your content like it's still 1995 ;) , I'll discuss it with the development team and see what their thoughts are and if it could be something we include either in this release or a future release.

     

    While I honestly believe that managing your content through the DB is the way to go for things such as being able to have content in multiple locations and being able to rename that content without breaking anything that might depend on it. I still understand that some of you may take more time and/or don't want to have to manually add all of that third party content into the db so we will see if we can figure something out.

  • DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 588

    OK, new question: I have a computer that gets used by more than one person, each with their own daz3d account, and purchase history. Is Daz Connect going to allow more than one person to access their content on that one computer?

    The system currently allows each person to log in and access their content. It does require an internet connection to switch users. (There are some refinements to the process that are being looked at, but no promisses either way.)  

    Thank you for the information. And thank you for telling me outright that Daz Connect will not work for me, so I no longer have to stress out about figuring it out. The computer in question mainly gets used at a place where there is no internet service. DAZ_Rawb, I'm sorry I won't be giving you the feedback I promised you earlier. I'll stick to DIM, and my external hard drives that are organized in the way I found suitable. Work offline - check. Don't don't show me this again - check. Problem solved.

     

    Thanks also for the Iray enhancements. The speed boost on my 970 card was not very significant, but every little bit helps.

    I would recommend that you keep checking the changelogs in future releases to see if account switching while offline is added in. If it makes it, be sure to give it a shot and let me know what you think.

  • DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 557
    DAZ_Rawb said:
     

    And as far as the encryption goes, it only expands the encryption to cover things beyond the studio script files but still only encrypts Daz specific files. Things like textures and maps are unencrypted during installation.

    There is nothing 'only' about encrypting the ,dsf and .duf files. I find myself with them open in a text editor just as much as I used to have cr2, pz2, hr2 and pp2 files open in a text editor, which is to say rather a lot and doing things important to what I'm doing.

     

  • jag11jag11 Posts: 748

    please add proxy support for us behind a corporate firewall.

  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

    So let me get this straight...

    Account switching is possible...with only 1 download/install of the content  IF that content (which according to a user report is the first mapped content directory) is in the 'public' documents folder.  Due to restrictions in place by most operating systems if the first content folder isn't a public folder each user would need to have a separate download, because private user folders are NOT going to accessible by any other user.  So this would also mean that not only does existing content need to be where the DIM installed it, but rather where the DEFAULT install location should have been (since DIM defaults to the public floder).

    Also, in order for any account switching to work, currently, one needs to have an active internet connection.

  • ToborTobor Posts: 2,300

    Videos, please.

    I realize the folks at Daz have their hands full explaining how things will work, but some YouTube videos of some of the concepts behind Connect would be helpful. It's handy if users can actually see how:

    1. Daz Connect authenticates

    2. Packages can be kept in the cloud or downloaded for local storage

    3. Pointer files can be placed in arbitrary folders, as we do now, and load content kept in a managed location

    4. How managed folders can be hidden if we want to use our own instead (okay, I just made that one up, but I think it would be a nice feature for the pros)

    ... and so on. Much better than repeating yourselves.

    I would only ask that the presenter not sidestep the underlying concern of the questions that have been asked here. For example, specifically lay out instances when Daz Connect will be *required*, and when it won't be. 

    Yes, it's also up to us to actually test the software, but it's much better from the viewpoint of understanding to see an experienced user go through the steps. This will help remove a lot of confusion and uncertainty.

  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 6,476
    DAZ_Rawb said:
    While I honestly believe that managing your content through the DB is the way to go

    Yes, that's exactly the problem we're having in all these 4.9 discussion threads.

    I disagree.

    I don't want a database for my DAZ content. I want the option not to use it, because I don't need it. I don't want to be told "try it, I'll like it".

  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    vwrangler said:

    No, the files can't be moved - and you won't directly see the folders they are in anyway...

     

    vwrangler said:

    Wait ... what? What does that mean? Why wouldn't we be able to see the directories on our own drives?

     

     

    You can see directories on your harddrive. That doesn't mean DAZ Studio will see them. 

     

    OK, so -- apart from my prior questions not being addressed (and I do understand that this is a fast moving and somewhat tense thread) -- this seems to mean that the use of Content Library for newer content is effectively being deprecated. Is that correct?

    Not exactly, but I can see how it can be interpreted that way.

    Content Libary will still have the Products and Categories sections that apply to content installed by Daz Connect. Content Library will still be used for content from other sources if it doesn't use Metadata and you haven't decided to create your own metadata for that content.

  • DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 557
    Leana said:

    The ... Formats sections won't show Connect content, though you can place a loader script (or, if I understood DAZ_Jon in a previous post, a shortcut) in them. The Products and Categories sections will show the Connect content.

    So basically we will have to use the categories or smart content to use it, no way to use the good old "file system" library. Well I'm definitely not happy about that.

    That's even worse than I realised. So a totally different system to look for this Categories only future content, alongside how I arrange and search for things in the many hundreds of GB of Poser format content, DS3 and earlier content, and DS4-up-to-now content, the great, great majority of which does not have and will never have Smart Content data.

    Everything for the newbies who only buy, and have only ever bought, from the DAZ store. No thought whatsoever for those of us who have been at this for awhile and have content from many other sources (and it's not as if all the DAZ store content actually has Smart Content Metadata, or proper new ReadMe pages either.)

    This, the DRM and the encrypted .duf and .dsf files ... just can't take any of this. And so soon after the other things. First I jump on the new figure - G3F - like I have all previous new DAZ figures, only to find what is to me, and for me, a terrible misstep in the mesh toplogy design that makes her useless for me ... even after waiting and actually paying for the G3F products I hoped would somehow deal with the problem in some way I couldn't foresee, but didn't. No sooner that than Renderosity adopt a new site design I can't use, so that's Renderosity gone. And now DAZ land this new system for future products I can't take on not one but three grounds; so that's DAZ out with Renderosity This is .... this is just terrible. This DAZ/Poser 3D stuff was the one thing, the one escape from the numb misery that's all there is since my disability. And now it's all just blowing up and going wrong, wrong, wrong in ways I can't do anything about. I could really cry. I'm canceling my PC+ Club subscription right now, and deleting my DAZPoser bookmarks folder. Ihis is just so ... I haven't the words. Bye.

  • ToborTobor Posts: 2,300
    DAZ_Rawb said:

    I have some thoughts about some potential solutions for those of you that want to manage your content like it's still 1995 ;) , I'll discuss it with the development team and see what their thoughts are and if it could be something we include either in this release or a future release.

    Ha ha! Funny!! Here's something that might help better understand where some of us are coming from.

    D|S is a development tool. It's not a gaming system; it's not an MP3 player. It's nothing like any of those. It's much more like a programming development platform. Ask your developers if they'd appreciate being hamstrung by someone else's idea of how user-facing files in their projects should be organized. I'd be very surprised -- and suspicious -- if any of them are okay with the idea. Your developers are smart and intuitive and creative. Let us be, too.

    Encrypt files: do it if we can still access things to make changes. Let's be clear that your PAs don't always get it right first time around, or make products that have absolute universal appeal. I seldom use a product out of the box. Let's be sure there are built-in editing tools to make modifying of any asset possible.

    DRM: do it if it helps you secure your IP. Just make sure it is completely transparent to end-users. The only DRM that's ever been accepted has been technologies (e.g. movie streaming) where the user is completely unaware of it.

    Flexibility: D|S was born from the concept of allowing artists the freedom of making art their way. This is a hobby for most, and a living for some. But for everyone, let's not forget art is an expression of creativity. Imposing restrictions upon the more knowledgeable users isn't the way to foster that creativity. Forgive me for saying this, but I think some at Daz have forgotten what made the program special in the first place. 

    Support requirements: None of the above means taking away from implementing a known structure for the purpose of automated maintenance. This is a good goal, and should be pursued in one way or another. Some of these concepts may seem self-excluding, But there IS a way to do all of it. I think all of us understand what we're asking for isn't a simple request, but I hope it's a reasonable one. 

  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    mjc1016 said:

    So let me get this straight...

    Account switching is possible...with only 1 download/install of the content  IF that content (which according to a user report is the first mapped content directory) is in the 'public' documents folder.  Due to restrictions in place by most operating systems if the first content folder isn't a public folder each user would need to have a separate download, because private user folders are NOT going to accessible by any other user.  So this would also mean that not only does existing content need to be where the DIM installed it, but rather where the DEFAULT install location should have been (since DIM defaults to the public floder).

    Also, in order for any account switching to work, currently, one needs to have an active internet connection.

    You are adding an awful lot of assumptions here to get to your conclusions. Your first statement and your last statement are both accurate. Otherwise I don't have a clue where you got the information.

    1. If you are using DZ Connect to install your content or control your content, and if you have more than one person on the computer with a Daz 3D Account then when each person logs in, they can only see the content that is from their account. Regardless of the number of accounts as long as you are using mapped directories, and as long as you are not using directories that are locked to a specific machine user, you only need one copy of each piece of content.

    2. If the content is not installed by or controlled by Daz Connect, then none of 1 applies.

    3. There is no requirement to use a folder on your C drive (Windows), or OS Drive (Mac). There is no requirement to use default directories. There is no requirement to even have the public documents folder on the c drive.

  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    Syndaryl said:

    The exporter still being available is a ridiculous argument that your files are still somehow accessible, by the way.

    I've got a half-written DUF importer for Blender that is now, apparently, going to be complete garbage because I'll loose access to the DUF files. I have the mesh imported, and I was working on the weightmapping for general weighted models (G3F and clothing), but that's all pointless effort now.

    There is API for that, you don't need to read the DUF files for that. 

    How does one lay hands on said API?

    All part of the SDK. It would be best to direct your question to the appropiate part of the forum.

  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,329

     

    Greetings,

    Tobor said:

    D|S is a development tool. It's not a gaming system; it's not an MP3 player. It's nothing like any of those. It's much more like a programming development platform. Ask your developers if they'd appreciate being hamstrung by someone else's idea of how user-facing files in their projects should be organized. I'd be very surprised -- and suspicious -- if any of them are okay with the idea. Your developers are smart and intuitive and creative. Let us be, too.

    If any developers I worked with wanted to willy-nilly move around where standard headers and libraries are included from, I'd thwack them on the scalp with a rolled up newspaper.

    Let's take some Java examples...

    No, you don't decide 'Oh, I think java.util.List should actually be oracle.util.Lost because I think it's funny...'

    You don't decide that you're going to put 'java.lang.Array' in the same package as 'javax.swing.JTable' because they're both representatives of a list of items...

    No.  Programmers don't do that kind of thing, sorry.

    --  Morgan​

     

  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 9,279
    Tobor said:

    Videos, please.

    I realize the folks at Daz have their hands full explaining how things will work, but some YouTube videos of some of the concepts behind Connect would be helpful. It's handy if users can actually see how:

    1. Daz Connect authenticates

    2. Packages can be kept in the cloud or downloaded for local storage

    3. Pointer files can be placed in arbitrary folders, as we do now, and load content kept in a managed location

    4. How managed folders can be hidden if we want to use our own instead (okay, I just made that one up, but I think it would be a nice feature for the pros)

    ... and so on. Much better than repeating yourselves.

    I would only ask that the presenter not sidestep the underlying concern of the questions that have been asked here. For example, specifically lay out instances when Daz Connect will be *required*, and when it won't be. 

    Yes, it's also up to us to actually test the software, but it's much better from the viewpoint of understanding to see an experienced user go through the steps. This will help remove a lot of confusion and uncertainty.

    #2

  • DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 588
    DavidGB said:
    Leana said:

    The ... Formats sections won't show Connect content, though you can place a loader script (or, if I understood DAZ_Jon in a previous post, a shortcut) in them. The Products and Categories sections will show the Connect content.

    So basically we will have to use the categories or smart content to use it, no way to use the good old "file system" library. Well I'm definitely not happy about that.

    That's even worse than I realised. So a totally different system to look for this Categories only future content, alongside how I arrange and search for things in the many hundreds of GB of Poser format content, DS3 and earlier content, and DS4-up-to-now content, the great, great majority of which does not have and will never have Smart Content data.

    Everything for the newbies who only buy, and have only ever bought, from the DAZ store. No thought whatsoever for those of us who have been at this for awhile and have content from many other sources (and it's not as if all the DAZ store content actually has Smart Content Metadata, or proper new ReadMe pages either.)

    This, the DRM and the encrypted .duf and .dsf files ... just can't take any of this. And so soon after the other things. First I jump on the new figure - G3F - like I have all previous new DAZ figures, only to find what is to me, and for me, a terrible misstep in the mesh toplogy design that makes her useless for me ... even after waiting and actually paying for the G3F products I hoped would somehow deal with the problem in some way I couldn't foresee, but didn't. No sooner that than Renderosity adopt a new site design I can't use, so that's Renderosity gone. And now DAZ land this new system for future products I can't take on not one but three grounds; so that's DAZ out with Renderosity This is .... this is just terrible. This DAZ/Poser 3D stuff was the one thing, the one escape from the numb misery that's all there is since my disability. And now it's all just blowing up and going wrong, wrong, wrong in ways I can't do anything about. I could really cry. I'm canceling my PC+ Club subscription right now, and deleting my DAZPoser bookmarks folder. Ihis is just so ... I haven't the words. Bye.

    All of your existing content will still work in 4.9, even without doing any sort of online connection. There is a new and faster version of 3Delight and an improved version of Iray in there as well.

     

    While Daz Connect has been a big focus of the discussion there are many other new elements of 4.9 that you don't even need to touch Daz Connect in order to use.

  • ToborTobor Posts: 2,300
    CypherFOX said:

    If any developers I worked with wanted to willy-nilly move around where standard headers and libraries are included from, I'd thwack them on the scalp with a rolled up newspaper.

    Let's take some Java examples...

    No, you don't decide 'Oh, I think java.util.List should actually be oracle.util.Lost because I think it's funny...'

    You don't decide that you're going to put 'java.lang.Array' in the same package as 'javax.swing.JTable' because they're both representatives of a list of items...

    No.  Programmers don't do that kind of thing, sorry.

    --  Morgan​

    What nonsense. Do you understand what a user-facing file is?

This discussion has been closed.