[Released, inc. update] 1-Click PBRSkin [Commercial]

1235»

Comments

• cheardcheard Posts: 51

Thanks for the quick replies! I guess there really is no substitute for better understanding what the different parameters actually do. :-)

My first attempt was to give https://www.daz3d.com/sulaiman-for-michael-6 a darker skin tone appropriate the ancient Middle East. Dunno if it's there yet, but I can certainly see a difference! My tuning wasn't very sophisticated. I just turned up gamma and translucency a little bit.

IMG_1681.jpeg
    820 x 1268 - 154K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224

cheard said:

Thanks for the quick replies! I guess there really is no substitute for better understanding what the different parameters actually do. :-)

My first attempt was to give https://www.daz3d.com/sulaiman-for-michael-6 a darker skin tone appropriate the ancient Middle East. Dunno if it's there yet, but I can certainly see a difference! My tuning wasn't very sophisticated. I just turned up gamma and translucency a little bit.

That's usually all it takes to darken skin. You did a good job. The translucency script is good for dealing with skin that is too red or orange, like lots of Daz characters. The gloss scripts are good for making the character more or less shiny. If you don't need those adjustments, you can just ignore them. 

• MrRogerSmithMrRogerSmith Posts: 85
    edited December 2023

Hi, can I ask for help with this product?  I am trying to convert Ergou's Hui to PBR (the model is Uber based, even though it is 8.1).  I've tried using both the "create translucency" and "keep translucency" and both times she looks like this.

Edit: This happens with all models I've attempted to use the script with.  I've verified the PBR shader is installed.

Double Edit: I am using Daz Version 4.22.0.1.

Screenshot 2023-12-26 173931.png
    3840 x 2160 - 2M
    Post edited by MrRogerSmith on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224

MrRogerSmith said:

Hi, can I ask for help with this product?  I am trying to convert Ergou's Hui to PBR (the model is Uber based, even though it is 8.1).  I've tried using both the "create translucency" and "keep translucency" and both times she looks like this.

Edit: This happens with all models I've attempted to use the script with.  I've verified the PBR shader is installed.

That's an Iray preview. It looks like maybe it hasn't actually progressed far enough to show the Iray results. What happens if you do a full render? Does it show the textures? I realize the won't help you evaluate the script changes in real time, but it might help diagnose the problem.

• barbult said:

MrRogerSmith said:

That's an Iray preview. It looks like maybe it hasn't actually progressed far enough to show the Iray results. What happens if you do a full render? Does it show the textures? I realize the won't help you evaluate the script changes in real time, but it might help diagnose the problem.

Thanks for the response.

Even doing a full render the textures are the same gray.

• Okay, the problem is now fixed.  I did what I guess I should have done in the first place--I restarted Daz.  I will chalk it up to One of Those Weird Things.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,671
    edited March 21

I just bought this on sale and (Wow!), I love it! This is Gianni 2 from 3DL to PBR, with only roughness adjusted to 85.

Gianni 3DL to PBR Roughness 85 jakr.jpg
    1500 x 1875 - 2M
    Post edited by luci45 on
  • Silas3DSilas3D Posts: 554

@luci45 great job and so glad you're enjoying the product. Gianni is one of my favourite characters from Genesis 2 generation :)