DAZ Horse 3 - Status

Comments

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 440
    edited February 2023

Pitmatic said:

45 bucks here for the mega bundle and I already own DH3.

That's not right.
    Should be $36 (edit: forgot about needing to own DH2Pro to get the extra 20% off)
    You can get it down to $30 with an extra purchase. There's a lace shader pack for $3 that does the job.
    (And don't forget to check the free old stuff at the bottom of the page, The animals pack is useful for background stuff, and the carousel is worth getting and then nabbing the iray texture pack cheap at a later date)

Post edited by ecks201 on
  • plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020
    edited February 2023

The base horse figure looks better to me than it did at early release, but I don't think I'm going to pick up any of the addons right now. I like the look of Predatron's horse better for actual horses, and I mainly got Horse 3 on the admittedly slim chance it ends up being a base for animals/creatures I can use.

There aren't any additional breeds in the morph list, just general size/shape morphs. I don't recall if those were there before because I didn't play with it much. I don't see any additional materials, so I suspect the people who anticipated "upgraded access" meaning a discount were correct.

Post edited by plasma_ring on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,962
    edited February 2023

well I have not even used it yet so not buying more yet

will use the reindeer next Christmas

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited February 2023

The updated Horse 3 (front) is definitely more in line with Horse 2 than it was before, unless I'm just loopy at 3AM. It looks considerably different to me than the version used in most of the product promos, so I'm wondering if it was finished recently enough that vendors didn't have an opportunity to use it in their renders (which would be really unfortunate).

Edit: Aha, the figure now loads with a thoroughbred morph dialed in.

hornse.png
    1851 x 1660 - 2M
    Post edited by plasma_ring on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,962

Thank you @plasma_ring, I am getting the Mega Bundle and the add-ons... but your render reassures me that Horse 3 is better. And add me to the list of folks who got the banner for having bought into the early release of Horse 3.

I had an update for him last night, but didn't look into it.

Mary

memcneil70 said:

Thank you @plasma_ring, I am getting the Mega Bundle and the add-ons... but your render reassures me that Horse 3 is better. And add me to the list of folks who got the banner for having bought into the early release of Horse 3.

I had an update for him last night, but didn't look into it.

Mary

Happy to help! :D It looks like DA's textures are also using this morph in the promo renders.

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 440

Daz Horse 3 Test 01.png
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
  • generalgameplayinggeneralgameplaying Posts: 515
    edited February 2023

Pitmatic said:

All these? (Maybe i left out something.)

- 40% off, but 50% off, any combo of 2 items from (...), e.g. add some saddle textures or whatever is new too.

- Owners of the DAZ Horse 2 Pro Bundle get an extra 20% off the Mega bundle.

- DAZ+

- (DH3 owned.)

I had $30.02 on the mega bundle too, which i think meant around 80% off. (DH2 pro bundle got thrown after me a while ago, because i started with getting only a few DH2 items, initially.)

Post edited by generalgameplaying on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,682

Looking at all the horse 3 pose sets out today, he has worse joint bending than G9 does.

• PitmaticPitmatic Posts: 850
    edited February 2023

ecks201 said:

Pitmatic said:

That's not right.
    Should be $36 (edit: forgot about needing to own DH2Pro to get the extra 20% off)
    You can get it down to $30 with an extra purchase. There's a lace shader pack for $3 that does the job.
    (And don't forget to check the free old stuff at the bottom of the page, The animals pack is useful for background stuff, and the carousel is worth getting and then nabbing the iray texture pack cheap at a later date)

this is the best i can do

Untitled-1.jpg
    1377 x 549 - 272K
    Post edited by Pitmatic on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,914

That's why... One gets either DH2 Pro Bundle for free or additional discount if one did own DH2 Pro Bundle already

• semperequstrisemperequstri Posts: 150
    edited February 2023

zombietaggerung said:

I'm beginning to question weather or not AM has ever seen an actual horse in real life. yikes.

Sadly I agree. The new official DH3 looks just as bad as the "pre-release" version. The head is all wrong as are the shoulders and legs. I would've LOVED a new horse, but it has to be a hard pass for me. As a traditonal equestrian artist and someone who has been arround horses for over 50 years, I just CAN'T. frown

Post edited by semperequstri on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,629

Kerya said:

Shadowdream said:

Am I incorrect that we were supposed to be getting some more things when the new horse released if we bought the reindeer bundle? I thought we were getting some more materials and such. Am I remembering incorrectly?

"You’ll also get upgraded access to all Daz Horse 3 features once released, including morphs for different sizes and breeds, improved mane and tail, additional textures, and more!"

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7930871/#Comment_7930871 (Link updated by mod to direct to the actual post and not a quote)

So where do we see this upgraded access right now? Okay, we don't have to buy the horse itself again if we buy the bundle. But why is there no discount on the add-on texture pack, for instance? Since there do not seem to be any other textures on offer? Or will those - and all the other things promised above, like morphs, improved mane etc. - be released later? If so, then when?

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,611
    edited February 2023

It looks slightly improved...better in DA's promos. But the head is still all sorts of nightmare fuel. And the mane and tail textures are still flat with no nuance. Horses don't have flat one-note color to their mane and tail. The coat color selections are also disappointing. Really missing CWRW's texture input. I will continue to stick by Harry as my primary horsey. 

Post edited by MelissaGT on
    edited February 2023

Some shots of the update - 

My thoughts so far...

• I hate the mane and tail with the fire of a thousand suns
    • The ears lack nuanced control...i.e. the ability to lay them flat back against the head (the ears need to be able to swivel around as they do on a real horse)(there is a twist bone control on the ears, but it doesn't do what I I'd hoped it would do...and there is no head pose control for doing it)
    • The back legs are still a bit wonky
    • The head is better than the reindeer release but still not great
    • As a note...the above shots are with the Thoroughbred shape. Do not use the base shape. Nightmare fuel. 

And seriously...they are trying to sell these poses? Oofta. Dem back legs...

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,640

A horse is a horse
    Of course of course
    And no one can talk to a horse,
    Of course
    That is, of course
    Unless the horse
    Is the famous Mister Ed!

Yeah, it looks like a horse, and in the world of CG it can be anything close. plus I have never really looked at a horse close so have no idea. I just look at the promos and say to myself, a horse. So there is that. Maybe there are many of us that see a horse and not forlocks, dont even know what those are. Maybe the mane or something. I dont know.  A horse. 

I do note that I have no update in DIM for DH3. Should there be one? 

edited February 2023

daveso said:

Yeah, it looks like a horse, and in the world of CG it can be anything close. plus I have never really looked at a horse close so have no idea. I just look at the promos and say to myself, a horse. So there is that. Maybe there are many of us that see a horse and not forlocks, dont even know what those are. Maybe the mane or something. I dont know.  A horse. 

Forelock = bangs. 

I grew up in 4H riding horses (only little girl riding western in a club with all girls who rode eastern, lol). But my parents couldn't afford the horse's board anymore in the mid-90's so alas we had to sell her (I live in CT so you can only imagine how expensive it is to board a horse here if you don't have the land to keep one yourself...i.e. minimum 3 acres in CT). I had an Appaloosa mare who was out of the Joker B line. Such a good girl. Anyways...I haven't been on a horse since and I miss it to this day. But I still know that a horse is a horse, of course of course...but this horse, of course, is very broken. I have to wonder if anybody involved in the project has actually ever seen a horse let alone ridden one...or at least watched a video of someone riding one at an event (meaning riding properly). I know it sounds harsh, and I love AM's animals (I own almost all of them)...but c'mon. 

daveso said:

I do note that I have no update in DIM for DH3. Should there be one? 

Yes. I had one. The thoroughbred pictures I posted above are with the update.  

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 454
    edited February 2023

I grew up around horses and volunteered at a horse rescue ranch as an adult. So I guess I notice when the CG horse looks wonky. I miss being around horses, but with the expense involved and the fear of breaking my middle aged bones now if I fell off rather than just bouncing back up as I did in my youth, CGI horses are the closest I can get! Luckily there is DAZ Horse 2, and the Dark Knight set looks very appealing.

https://www.daz3d.com/hd-dark-knight-for-daz-horse-2

Post edited by Calliope23 on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,682

Calliope23 said:

I grew up around horses and volunteered at a horse rescue ranch as an adult. So I guess I notice when the CG horse looks wonky. I miss being around horses, but with the expense involved and the fear of breaking my middle aged bones now if I fell off rather than just bouncing back up as I did in my youth, CGI horses are the closest I can get! Luckily there is DAZ Horse 2, and the Dark Knight set looks very appealing.

Same. I am in my 50s now and when I went riding last year it was not the best experience, LOL

MelissaGT said:

daveso said:

Forelock = bangs. 

I grew up in 4H riding horses (only little girl riding western in a club with all girls who rode eastern, lol). But my parents couldn't afford the horse's board anymore in the mid-90's so alas we had to sell her (I live in CT so you can only imagine how expensive it is to board a horse here if you don't have the land to keep one yourself...i.e. minimum 3 acres in CT). I had an Appaloosa mare who was out of the Joker B line. Such a good girl. Anyways...I haven't been a horse since and I miss it to this day. But I still know that a horse is a horse, of course of course...but this horse, of course, is very broken. I have to wonder if anybody involved in the project has actually ever seen a horse let alone ridden one...or at least watched a video of someone riding one at an event (meaning riding properly). I know it sounds harsh, and I love AM's animals (I own almost all of them)...but c'mon. 

its too bad that this model is how it is then. I'll have to put in a ticket if the update doesnt arrive, but I'm not sure I even care actually. I was contemplating buying the bundle as I can get the mega bundle for $24 using my DAZ+ coupon, but then I looked at the stuff and the poses are all for G9 which I have obviously as its free, but then there's the issue with proper clothing. I do have some western stuff for G8 and 3, maybe they will fit, otherwise I can do Lady Godiva in all my scenes 

• Calliope23Calliope23 Posts: 454
    edited February 2023

FSMCDesigns said:

Same. I am in my 50s now and when I went riding last year it was not the best experience, LOL

Well in my case the expression "the bigger they are the harder they fall" is true. There's a reason all those rodeo cowboys are as slim as they are.

Anyway, getting off topic. And I think I just called myself fat frown

Post edited by Calliope23 on
  • Yeah, no. Daz Horse 3 was expensive enough (and a disappointment too). There's not enough discount for early adopters. That's a hard pass.

• RawArt's critter for DAZ Horse 3 is pretty cool. smiley

https://www.daz3d.com/tapirdary-for-daz-horse-3

• MelissaGT said:

And seriously...they are trying to sell these poses? Oofta. Dem back legs...

YIKES! a horse with stifles, hocks and fetlocks that bend like this couldn't stand in a stable let alone do a sliding stop. No wonder the poor animal is spitting the bit out and screaming in pain.

As for the breed morphs...Sorry but the TB morph looks nothing like a thoroughbred ( the breed I worked and competed on for decades)- a morgan /quarterhorse cross maybe but a TB.. sorry no.

Oh well. Between this and G9, my bank account giving a big sigh of relief.

will that old cart rig fit DH2 or Hivewire horse, do you tihnk?

• daveso said:

will that old cart rig fit DH2 or Hivewire horse, do you tihnk?

I'm buying all this stuff today and will test. It's a work day though so it may not be until tomorrow before I get a chunk of time to test it out. 

• vonHobovonHobo Posts: 1,648

ecks201 said:

Beautiful render!