DAZ Horse 3 - Status

12346»

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136

Are the Horse manes and tails posed by the poses in https://www.daz3d.com/da-wrangler-poses-for-daz-horse-3-and-genesis-9 ?

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,234
    edited March 2023

barbult said:

Are the Horse manes and tails posed by the poses in https://www.daz3d.com/da-wrangler-poses-for-daz-horse-3-and-genesis-9 ?

No sorry, there is no specific mane or tail data with this set. Just Horse 3 Poses and Horse 3 and Genesis 9 heirarchical poses.

Post edited by Design Anvil - Razor42 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136

Design Anvil - Razor42 said:

barbult said:

No sorry, there is no specific mane or tail data with this set. Just Horse 3 Poses and Horse 3 and Genesis 9 heirarchical poses.

Thank you for clarifying so quickly. The product description says "Full-Body Horse 3 Poses", but I was not sure whether that included the hair or not, since hair was shown posed in every promo image. I find the promo images misleading in that regard. It is disappointing that mane and tail poses are not included, because you did a great job on them. I imagine the Horse would look quite different in those poses with the default mane and tail simulation.

edited March 2023

No problem, there isn't any hair poses as such in the promos, just the dforce simulation and hair surface settings which is probably what you are talking about. I am working on a set of Dforce hair presets for the Horse 3 that include various colors, style presets, simulation settings and a few morph settings for the mane and other hair pieces. I couldn't help but use some of the settings in the Wrangler pose promos, so apologies if it felt misleading in any way, that never was my intention. The set should be ready 'soonish' and was beyond the scope of a straight forward pose set.

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 619

bytescapes said:

memcneil70 said:

Sleipnir could be used for SciFi on another planet. And for Odin.

Another fun fact about Sleipnir; he's the child of the god Loki, who had sex with the stallion Sva∂ilfari and later gave birth to an eight-legged horse (as one does). Sleipnir is not the oddest of Loki's children: he also fathered the death-goddess Hel, the monstrous wolf Fenrir, and the world-serpent Jörmungandr.

Moral: if you have sex with Loki (and if you take Loki's word for it, pretty much everyone did), you should absolutely use protection.

Thor: "Did I not mention that Loki was adopted? frown"

• Ryuu@AMcCF said:

bytescapes said:

memcneil70 said:

Sleipnir could be used for SciFi on another planet. And for Odin.

Another fun fact about Sleipnir; he's the child of the god Loki, who had sex with the stallion Sva∂ilfari and later gave birth to an eight-legged horse (as one does). Sleipnir is not the oddest of Loki's children: he also fathered the death-goddess Hel, the monstrous wolf Fenrir, and the world-serpent Jörmungandr.

Moral: if you have sex with Loki (and if you take Loki's word for it, pretty much everyone did), you should absolutely use protection.

Thor: "Did I not mention that Loki was adopted? frown

I am adopted so that is my favorite line!

Loki, on Zeus and his affairs: Hold my Mead!!!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

A quick render of Daz Horse 3.

That looks great except the fur looks a bit too much like carpet.

edited March 2023

nonesuch00 said:

A quick render of Daz Horse 3.

That looks great except the fur looks a bit too much like carpet.

Lol, I guess you could lower the Bump/Normal settings and decrease the Glossy roughness if you prefer a slicker look. 

• ScarecrowScarecrow Posts: 167

I got interested when I saw Daz Horse 3 had been released. Then I looked at the promo images and I was like "Are you kidding me?" It looks terrible. Horse 2 looks much better, I'll stick with that for now.

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408

hi

how to use genesis 9 with horse 3 in da wrangler pose

the horse take the pose , genesis 9 not ..

thanks in advance

• Thadeus72 said:

hi

thanks in advance

Check the readme, available by clicking the i icon in Install Manager or by right-click on the product and select More Information in Daz studio - I beleive the human needs to be parented to the horse's hip.

edited March 2023

Thadeus72 said:

hi

thanks in advance

For this set Genesis 9 should be parented to the Abdomen node of Horse 3. There is an included wearable but this only works when loading a new genesis 9 into the scene.

Generally, it is the hip like Richard mentioned. But I found on with Horse 3 that the Abdomen gave better compatability with other poses.

PartneringWrangler1.jpg
    400 x 262 - 23K
  • Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited March 2023

Thadeus72 said:

hi

thanks in advance

For this set Genesis 9 should be parented to the Abdomen node of Horse 3. There is an included wearable but this only works when loading a new genesis 9 into the scene.

Generally, it is the hip like Richard mentioned. But I found on with Horse 3 that the Abdomen gave better compatability with other poses.

thanks richard and design anvil for your help

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,049
    edited March 2023

More experimentation with Daz Horse 3.

Confrontation.jpg
    1825 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
  • ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 792
    edited April 2023

So does anyone have an idea of why the reins and halter from the Mongolian Horse Armor ( https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-mongolian-style-horse-armor-for-daz-horse-3 ) is deforming badly in the image below? I discovered the issue by accident while applying morphs to the horse and saw something push out of its mouth and jaw. At first I thought it was the teeth and tongue deforming. Yeah I don't need the mouth to open all the way, but just a slight mouth open adjustment caused this issue. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong, so I loaded a new horse and the Wearable Preset of Mongolian armor but the issue was still there. Thanks for any help, folks. I suppose I'll have to fill out a support ticket, but...eh. I'll bite my tongue for now. :p 

EDIT: so the reins and halters from all of the Horse 3 armor sets are doing this just not the extreme the Mongolian set does.  Correction, it's just the Mongolian and Elf armor sets...

Horse issue.jpg
    1800 x 973 - 683K
    Post edited by ZippyGuitar on
  • ZippyGuitar said:

So does anyone have an idea of why the reins and halter from the Mongolian Horse Armor ( https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-mongolian-style-horse-armor-for-daz-horse-3 ) is deforming badly in the image below? I discovered the issue by accident while applying morphs to the horse and saw something push out of its mouth and jaw. At first I thought it was the teeth and tongue deforming. Yeah I don't need the mouth to open all the way, but just a slight mouth open adjustment caused this issue. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong, so I loaded a new horse and the Wearable Preset of Mongolian armor but the issue was still there. Thanks for any help, folks. I suppose I'll have to fill out a support ticket, but...eh. I'll bite my tongue for now. :p 

EDIT: so the reins and halters from all of the Horse 3 armor sets are doing this just not the extreme the Mongolian set does.  Correction, it's just the Mongolian and Elf armor sets...

Support ticket time for sure. Some correction morphs could fix that issue.

• ZippyGuitar said:

Confirming that I see similar with the Mongolian set, which I was coincidentally just about to test this evening with the texture expansion. Just opening the mouth will get some weird behavior with the bit and lower reins. 

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 792
    edited April 2023

Apologies for the late response. Thank you both for your comments. I have submitted a ticket this evening. 

And paulawp, I accidentally clicked on your Daz Gallery link thinking Daz was providing a link to my gallery which is nonexistent. Your gallery was an absolute joy to stroll through. Truly, beautiful work!

Post edited by ZippyGuitar on
  • paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,049
    edited April 2023

ZippyGuitar said:

Apologies for the late response. Thank you both for your comments. I have submitted a ticket this evening. 

And paulawp, I accidentally clicked on your Daz Gallery link thinking Daz was providing a link to my gallery which is nonexistent. Your gallery was an absolute joy to stroll through. Truly, beautiful work!

Why, thank you, kind internet stranger! :)  I'm getting up on two years since I started my journey of trying to learn to use Daz and try my best to do interesting things with it. The book I am working on is set in a horse-powered place and time, so learning to use the Daz Horse in its various forms has been a front-and-center project for me.

Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on