Karen 7

Now this new character and related items seem like they were reading my mind when deciding what theme to go with. The pro bundle and RawArt's Massive Morphs flew into my cart. I think I can use most of the items in the pro bundle, which has been rather rare of late. 

Comments

• DarkSpartanDarkSpartan Posts: 1,096

A complete bodysuit interests me, at very least. The character is kinda Meh atm, but it has potential. I don't much care about posekits, but the clothing is mostly okay, and they included a couple of nice bits of hair.

If I can get her before she goes off Intro, I will. If not, then not.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,510

Now we're getting two new characters a month?...hope this doesn't mean Genesis 3 will be obsolete in a year instead of the usual two.   ;)

At this point, it had better be closer to five years-- I'm already overinvested in G3F, especially in terms of time.

I don't suppose there'll be seam guides forthcoming for V, E, B, and now K7?

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128

I bit on G3F and have bought stuff for her.... but I am losing interest.... not really sure why.... but no poser support even with dson, limited backwards compatibility, no guys yet, and I think the most disappointed in the little amount of communication esp. about dson support for Poser (yes I blame Smith Micro too). 

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919

I have no money for Gen 3 at the moment. 4 Characters since in less than 3 months isn't really encouraging me to rush out and buy

I took a pass on Eva, and only picked up the starter for Bethany. Karen has enough decent stuff I may do a pro bundle for her, though.

• the main char doesn't look very different from others for me. Bethany had something really different.

I though it was more an olympia's style (or eventually gia) turn to show in G3. I am a bit disapointed here.

But to be honnest, the bundle has some really nice stuff and I have a thing for the kind face of  Arianna for Karen 7

• BBlogoBBlogo Posts: 54
    edited August 2015

So far, a big disappointment for this Gen 7 characters. I haven't bought any. 40 years old look like with 20 years old skin and body ? Really ? Is that the new DAZ market ? That's maybe why they removed Belle and Josie 6....????

Post edited by BBlogo on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,063

They removed Belle and Josie while they redo the promo pics, since they decided some of them were "not appropriate"...

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    Leana said:

They removed Belle and Josie while they redo the promo pics, since they decided some of them were "not appropriate"...

what thread posted that? I missed it. All I heard was "maintenance."  That's interesting!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited August 2015

Never mind- found the thread over in the Platinum Club section.  Although one member pointed out that wasn't appropriate months and months ago. Now we return back to Karen.  Like the short hair product and the sci-fi uniform (Eclipse)

Post edited by Novica on
  • jakkujakku Posts: 91

Really nice character, very well made, the morph is well crafted, in my opinion, blends well with V7 and E7.

The morph is different enough from the other G3F characters and adds new possibilities by blending shapes.

I like the texture, my only complaint would be the make-up options, I miss the make-up options like the Bree texture, an everyday make-up and a full glamour make-up (excuse my bad english :)

Glad I bought her :)

Thanks!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Novica said:
    Leana said:

what thread posted that? I missed it. All I heard was "maintenance."  That's interesting!

here actually,  straight from the horses mouth.    (Sorry Steve for calling you a horse blush)     http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/884638/#Comment_884638

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947

I think this is the first Pro bundle I have passed on.  Just did not appeal.

The longer hair product is good, in my opinion. G3F is woefully short on hair like that.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404

It's interesting to see the range of opinions on Karen, from, 'she looks the same as the other G3F characters' to 'she looks different from the other G3F characters'. Just goes to show how different people can percieve the same things in different ways. Like how a particular food will taste wonderful to some people, and horrible to others. (I think coffee amd beer are the foulest-tasting beverages on the plamet (with the possible exception of Moxie); a lot of others would strongly disagree.) Bur it's nice to have choices. I'll wait on Bethany until she's on a steep discount (and I have gainful employment), but Karen is going to sit in my cart until Friday, then she's coming home with me. 

• I really love a lot of the clothing items in Karen 7 and I see that DAZ is listening but still more caucasion woman?  I bought Bethany 7 because lets face it.. a plus size girl rocks in my runtime and she's been my favorite... especially since it came with that Latina character Camile HD... but once again I find myself wondering about ethnic diversity.  Where are the new Indian, Asian, African...???  I don't need more shapes, I need more skins.

Since I already own Bethany, Eve and Victoria.. I have caucasion covered..  More divirsity and lets see some older character morphs too.

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,864

Run the world girls!

By the time Michael 7 arrives there will already be at least 10 females : )

She is certainly something fresh, a female super hero, really did not expect that : ) Not a theme that would interest me personally though.

But I absolutely love her face! And her body is just right, not too muscular and not too girly, just the right amount of athletic.

Also if there is any G3F so far that really needs a male counterpart (except for V7-M7) it is Karen! There MUST be a male super hero figure!

Bethany and Eva are still on my wishlist but I´m seriously considering buying Karen : )

• I like the G3F shedule. Now we can expect soon some awaited "look-like-figures" like:

- gia/olympia (athletic kinda solid hips) (my fav)

- giselle/ninie fae type

- mei lin (superb asian bundle)

- dominique 

- lilith (because I like this line of characters)

...and CREATURE CREATOR morph !!

But lets face it: we actually have in a short period of time many things for G3F (especially with tools converting poses and chothing).

My hope is to get to one missing tool: a converter to G3F of our shapes/SKINS from previous generations (V4 G1 G2)

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited August 2015
    I thought the new g2m was coming out this week. Unless I counted 6 weeks wrong. I actually think she looks good, like her makeup options. But was saving money for the male qq
    Post edited by Sorel on
    edited August 2015

I wish there were more asian characters than just one general asian female mei lin but I doubt this will happen.

Anyways I´m already excited for next month´s females : D

Post edited by Toyen on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511

Now we're getting two new characters a month?...hope this doesn't mean Genesis 3 will be obsolete in a year instead of the usual two.   ;)

I actually hinted at that a few weeks back because I feel the same way now. I suggested waiting to see how long the next release was before making a decision and yep, another character before ya know it.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    Chohole said:
    Novica said:
    Leana said:

here actually,  straight from the horses mouth.    (Sorry Steve for calling you a horse blush)     http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/884638/#Comment_884638

You said mouth...ok, I'll leave it at that...

• Maybe it's just me, but I'm not entirely clear on the distinction between Victoria7 and Eva7 or Karen7.  That is, Eva7 and Karen7 look like V7 with some minor morphs.

Since I invested quite a bit in Genesis 2, I'm holding off on Genesis 3 stuff.  When the GenX2 expansion comes out, that might change I suppose.

edited August 2015

Reviewing the product, and I have to say meh. While there is nothing wrong with the character, she doesn't bring anything to the table. And her pro pack is equally blah.

Granted her name is Karen, so we can't expect much from her. (no offense to people named Karen, I know a lot of good Karens. But it's such a mundane name and it fits the product.)

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not entirely clear on the distinction between Victoria7 and Eva7 or Karen7.  That is, Eva7 and Karen7 look like V7 with some minor morphs.

Since I invested quite a bit in Genesis 2, I'm holding off on Genesis 3 stuff.  When the GenX2 expansion comes out, that might change I suppose.

It's not like the old days where a "figure" added something new to the table. Now "figures" are just a new shape with some new UV's that won't get used much.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962

Karen 7 really?  Another non-descript Caucasian character before a person of color.  And a “super hero” no less. I am so disappointed in Daz’s lack of diversity for their new V7 G3 character that I have made my own skin tones and with some head morphs I picked up at Renderosity and Runtime DNA I have made great looking characters so that I will hesitate to buy an ethnic G3 character even if one was released tomorrow. Although the Frida character in the Karen 7 bundle might look interesting with darker skin I don’t see anything special about this character.  And with the release of the black skin merchant set, Daz is saying to me if you want a black character, make your own!

Daz is saying to me if you want a black character, make your own!

Just remember, its up to the PAs and not Daz.

I am not defending them. I don't like it either. But Daz doesn't make content so I guess we can't blame them for something they have nothing to do with.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,264

I like the Eclipse suit very much. I'd buy it for Genesis, G2M or G3M.

Really? I think that Daz artists are the ones who create the base figures when when the team that runs the show decides what is going to be next. The PAs then create clothes and hair and such.

I always thought that Daz goes like "Listen up, this is whats coming next" and the PAs then create the appropriate items for the themed figure.

Not the PAs telling Daz that they´d like the next figure to be a super hero woman.

edited August 2015
    Toyen said:

Really? I think that Daz artists are the ones who create the base figures when when the team that runs the show decides what is going to be next. The PAs then create clothes and hair and such.

I always thought that Daz goes like "Listen up, this is whats coming next" and the PAs then create the appropriate items for the themed figure.

Not the PAs telling Daz that they´d like the next figure to be a super hero woman.

Not exactly, kinda sorta.

I found the talking points here.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/885381/#Comment_885381

Post edited by larsmidnatt on