G8F/M Pose Transfer to G9

Comments

• That's so nice ! Thanks :)

• DP WESDP WES Posts: 37

Just tried it out, it really was a easy to use tool. Good Job.

• Glad you like it. With the help of someone who contacted me through Renderosity, I'm hoping to add transfer of most pose controls too. That's taking a bit more work than expected, but we'll get there. An additional problem is that I am going to have to re-program the dialogue box, because adding one additional checkbox to enable the user to say they want/don't want pose controls has killed the formatting, leading to labels and check boxes overwriting each other. Not good. As I said, we'll get there. Regards, Richard.
  • I've had some success with poses for G3 too. The arms and legs have to be adjusted - I suppose it is because of the different zero poses. G2, on the other hand, doesn't work at all for me.

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Wow!  Thanks very much!

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,068
    edited October 2022
    Marianner, No, G2 won't work well, because of the fact the bone and property names must match, and G2 doesn't. Regards, Richard.
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

thank you

• Lonesome CowboyLonesome Cowboy Posts: 153
    edited October 2022

It does not work with G8M.

There is an error-message appearing.

You need to edit the file and search & replace all G8F with G8M.

Then it works.

Save it as a new .dsa - file.

zip
    zip
    G8M Pose Transfer to G9.zip
    G8MPoseTransferToG9.tip.png
    512 x 512 - 170K
    Post edited by Lonesome Cowboy on
  • Well that's handy! I was just tinkering with a map from G8 to G9 on a script on ShareCG , but hadn't delved into the offsets and expressions at all.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,068
    edited October 2022

Lonesome Cowboy (I think I replied to you on Renderosity under your 'Catweasle' guise iirc), I simply don't understand why it didn't work for you with G8M when it has for others here.

Also, I don't understand why it would work any differently simply by doing a text search and replace replacing 'G8F' with 'G8M'. Because all instances of that text are just in description strings and variable names, where I could have called it 'Rupert' or 'Fluffykins' for all it matters, just so long as it's consistent throughout the script. What I'm trying - pretty hopelessly - to say is that it doesn't surprise me it worked after the text replacement, because you were replacing things that didn't affect the pose transfer. It's why it didn't work in the first place that has me stumped.

I have attached a pose transfer I did this morning with it, from Scar8 to V9.

Regards,

Richard

G8MPoseTransferToG9.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 803K
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • many thanks 

• nina1nina1 Posts: 2
    edited October 2022

Thanks for the script. But is there maybe any way to copy a pose from gen8 to gen9 while making the two bodies exactly identical in height, arm lenght etc? Gen9 has different proportions and is about a head smaller than gen8 :( Id need my gen8 female apose that i made for using it in Skyrim for personal use copied as is, arms and other parts should be exactly on top the gen8 body. I saw that there is a g8 clone under hidden, but it doesnt work with the script, hands get all messed up

Post edited by nina1 on
  • I've just tested it and it appears to work with G9F.

• Nina1, that's more of a morph transfer and is not the type of thing done by this script. Regards, Richard.
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Thank you very, very much!

• iSeeThisiSeeThis Posts: 552

Thank you Richard. It works like a charm!

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

Thank you so much for this!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

This is really a nice thing.  It works mostly perfectly too.  I have small areas like hip for my Mixed Pose Set for G8 (that I realesed a while back at 'Rosity but I think that went away when I closed my story and haven't resubmitted it  since reopening there) but other than that even the smallest thing like a finger curl works wonderfully.  SO thank you very much! 

• My pleasure. It is a shame that there's nothing built in to permit poses to be applied across generations, similar to auto-fit for clothing. Would be almost as much of a blessing as Auto-fit. Ah well. Having seen how many people were having problems, I couldn't leave them to struggle when I knew I might (possibly) help.
  • Awesome!  Thank you very much!

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Lonesome Cowboy said:

It does not work with G8M.

There is an error-message appearing.

You need to edit the file and search & replace all G8F with G8M.

Then it works.

Save it as a new .dsa - file.

Worked right out of the gate for me. 

• riuken1riuken1 Posts: 128

nina1 said:

Thanks for the script. But is there maybe any way to copy a pose from gen8 to gen9 while making the two bodies exactly identical in height, arm lenght etc? Gen9 has different proportions and is about a head smaller than gen8 :( Id need my gen8 female apose that i made for using it in Skyrim for personal use copied as is, arms and other parts should be exactly on top the gen8 body. I saw that there is a g8 clone under hidden, but it doesnt work with the script, hands get all messed up

Hello, check this YT video maybe help:

• Phenomenal.  Thank you very much.  It works!

• @richardandtracy Thanks for taking the time to make this pose converter script Richard... very helpful and much appreciated!

• Thank you all. Just glad it works for the majority of users. Regards, Richard.
  • Thank you.

• Thank you!!!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,709

Many thank-yous !!!

Also used the Script in DAZ Studio 4.10.

• Can you actually get G9/V9 to render in 4.10? That would be amazing if it works.

Regards,

Richard.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,082

Thank you.