Using the New Forums (In Progress) - Please Post Questions and Issues Here !

Comments

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited July 2015
    RAMWolff said:

Thanks Ivy.  I'll give that a try!  laugh

you may also need to add another line break between your  sig tag and you picture logo which will help keep things under your post

Post edited by Ivy on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Well that will have to do... it's a mess... I go to edit the big space that's under my banner and it there is no space to remove.  Kinda wasteful but I did try to fix that too!  lol

RAMWolff said:

Well that will have to do... it's a mess... I go to edit the big space that's under my banner and it there is no space to remove.  Kinda wasteful but I did try to fix that too!  lol

nice web site :)

Why thank you.  It's old and needs updating BADLY!  lol

I know what you mean. I've been in the myst of redoing mine in Jquery for mobil.which has been a worst learning curve than learning daz studio 4.8.iray .lol

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547

I have 2 requests.

1) Remove the image resize warning or give me an option to hide it. It is imposible to make a clean layout for a post having this marks.

2) I don't know how the CKEditor is embebed in the Forum software, but it seems using the Standard Editor pack, even so the Insert Image widget seems have missing the Upload tab. DAZ could license the Full Featured CKEditor or best of worlds the Inline editing Version.

Compare DAZ Forum Vs CKEditor Standard Editor Insert Image Tool
    DAZ CKEditor Standard

Full Featured Toolbar from CKEditor

To see the Inline Editor go to: http://ckeditor.com/demo#inline

I use Serif's WebPlus and they have auto code for that.  So when I get around to updating... which will be a huge undertaking, if you look in my Link You Up page it's kinda funny seeing ZBruch 3.5 and the old DAZ logo's as well as Renderosity's... all you can do is do it when you can and right now I have NO TIME.  I like Serif's software, they have come A LONG WAY from 10 years back when they crashed all the time... I keep my WebPlus, DrawPlus and PagePlus up to date to this day so they make about $150.00 a year off of me!  lol

edited July 2015
    RAMWolff said:

I use Serif's WebPlus and they have auto code for that.  So when I get around to updating... which will be a huge undertaking, if you look in my Link You Up page it's kinda funny seeing ZBruch 3.5 and the old DAZ logo's as well as Renderosity's... all you can do is do it when you can and right now I have NO TIME.  I like Serif's software, they have come A LONG WAY from 10 years back when they crashed all the time... I keep my WebPlus, DrawPlus and PagePlus up to date to this day so they make about $150.00 a year off of me!  lol

I have always used adobe products like photoshp dreamweaver and flash lighting room etc.

I use Adobe creative suite web premuim cs6  thats pretty much has everything i need. I pretty much do all my own coding as well. but i have pretty good library of cheat scripts and codes , it took me a while to learn html5   so I can make media run in mobil with out flash player  and learning to code javascript & jquery has been a hair pulling out experience ..lol

I work on my site when i can I have been busy making book covers lately for a couple of guys on amazon.  which has ben cool because i've been able to use my daz renders to create them and recoop some of my money spent on daz  by  selling my renders. :)

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited July 2015

like these 2 book cover I did for Buddy Vaiden

Post edited by Ivy on
  • dbdigital2dbdigital2 Posts: 270

ok - no idea if it has been posted already, like, 14 pages to read, argh, i gave up after 4 or ? - but i also was swearing at the thought of my links gone. then i tried something:

- in my browser adress bar, i replaced "viewthread" by "discussion" for a couple of my links, and i got to the pages!

hope it could help, if someone hasn't said it already.

as to the layout etc.. well it's the new uniformized whitish look i've seen on a few of my sites, like sim stuff and livejournal, amongst others. maybe bootstrap or something. i hate it. might be more efficient, but everything looks the same, uniform somehow. nothing against changes, i can adapt - except for this one particular thing. i liked it how it was before on all those sites, functionality limits included, they all their own personal feel & vibe. actually, i stopped visiting most of those sites when there was no way to keep the old layout. so, thx for the hard work, but yeah, one unhappy user, sorry guyz ~

*Slaps forehead* I should have noticed/tried that!  Well on the good side it means that it should be fairly easy to for them to fix and restore the old links.  Of course now that I know this, I can just change my links manually.  A bit of a pain but a heck of a lot better than loosing them! 

I still think the general format need work and is too big.  Doubt that will be changed though as I suspect that is the intented design..but how about giving us a OPTION?  Tablet or desktop style?  But at least there I can now find the information I was looking for.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Okay I came home from work and had 180 notifications in my e-mail inbox ..........from only 2 threads .........this one was the majority .........so is my only option to unsubscribe from active threads???

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

Always add horizontal line above your banner under signature and everything will looks compact 

RAMWolff said:

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited July 2015

I'm not getting email notifications for one of the threads I'm subscribed to.  I am getting email for other threads though.

EDITED:  I was in error, although I thought I was subscribed to that thread, I actually was not.

Post edited by sriesch on
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

I agree on that , I am using the  CKEditor Standard in my Online store for a long time and I see half functions is gone here especially the Upload tab for Images , would so much easy for articles and tutors 

MBusch said:

I have 2 requests.

1) Remove the image resize warning or give me an option to hide it. It is imposible to make a clean layout for a post having this marks.

2) I don't know how the CKEditor is embebed in the Forum software, but it seems using the Standard Editor pack, even so the Insert Image widget seems have missing the Upload tab. DAZ could license the Full Featured CKEditor or best of worlds the Inline editing Version.

Compare DAZ Forum Vs CKEditor Standard Editor Insert Image Tool
    DAZ CKEditor Standard

Full Featured Toolbar from CKEditor

To see the Inline Editor go to: http://ckeditor.com/demo#inline

• I like the new forum format. The skin is more like a blog and feels more comfortable to the eye. I do have three important issues that I'm coming across using the forum in its current format.

• There does not appear to be a way to skip directly to the end of a thread when viewing the general topic menu. I have found this feature helpful in the past. The forum does list who has posted, as did the last forum, but clicking on that link brings you to a user profile for the person that posted. Sometimes it's nice to be able to visit the end of the thread.
    • I cannot seem to find a way to search the forum. I tend to visit the forum when I'm searching for a specific topic so having a search option is important to me.
    • Google searches list old forum links that do not result in finding the pages/links when you click on the resulting link. I will often either search the forum or do a Google search, which shows forum results, to go directly to forum posts that address what I'm looking for.

My apologies if this/these issues have already been addressed in earlier posts.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063
    carrie58 said:

Okay I came home from work and had 180 notifications in my e-mail inbox ..........from only 2 threads .........this one was the majority .........so is my only option to unsubscribe from active threads???

Depends on your mail package and personal habits. I've got my mail system set up to filter on subject containing '[DAZ Forums]' and put all of these in 'topic replies' under 'DAZ' in my folder structure.; Every now and then I'll look at the earliest unread message for each (or selected) threads and open them in new browser tabs. Then I mark all the messages as having been read and go read through the threads. At the end of the day I delete all the read messages.

• JDStriderJDStrider Posts: 98

I am pleased to see that I am not the only one struggling to find a method of searching this new forum format.

I used the search feature in a similar manner to LeslieSOsborne when I am looking for information or assistance. Please provide a Forum Only search, I don't want ot see all of the products that include the term 'IRay' when I am searching for informaiton in the forums... :-(

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385
    edited July 2015

@Mec4D that is a useful temporary fix. The web designers should style things better on their end however so hopefully they will one day...

Am I the only one who suffers from the infinite loop where it keeps trying to log me in even though I am logged in? My guess is other people with the same problem just give up and aren't here because I could see how many would not figure out how to get it to stop. But each time I go to a new page the infinite logging in resumes and is a chore.

nope, I am suffering of the same issue. 

and...a ton of email notifications???...this is almost spam, please find a way to fix it!!

Post edited by Zilvergrafix on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited July 2015

Greetings,

So...I've been playing around with the CSS on the pages.  I've found that setting a font-size of 0.85rem, bumping the margin-bottom up to 0.7rem helps with readability.

I've also found that moving div.UserSignature out to be the last child under div.Comment helps.  (It also puts the UserSignature after the 'Quote' button, which is excellent.)  I also changed the div.UserSignature CSS to be border: 1px dotted rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2) instead of only having a border-top that's solid and 0.1.  This gives some visible separation to the signature area.  (In order for that to look good, I had to change the padding to be 4px all around, instead of just 4px from the top.)

This is with the light theme, as that's what I prefer on the store.  I'm sure there's an equivalent set of things that can be done for the dark theme.

Now, about spellchecking.  First off, yes...the advertisement is horrendous, and if DAZ is going to use a 3rd party site to do their spellcheck, they should pay for it, so it doesn't advertise like that. (Edit: I do like the option for grammar checking, though.  But they're using deeply nested tables for layout, and so their HTML should burn in a fire.  A very hot fire. wink )

But why doesn't my browser's spellcheck work!?!?

Because it's disabled by default by CKEditor.  I believe if they put 

config.disableNativeSpellChecker = false;

into their config.js it would re-enable the browser's spellchecker.  If you edit the HTML of the CKEditor body tag, you'll notice that it has 'spellcheck="false"' set.  If you change that to 'true', it does the happy red squigglies for words like 'squigglies' again. :)

I'm sure there's other stuff, but that's about as much as I can do right now.  I'll check back in, in a while.

--  Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
    MEC4D said:

Always add horizontal line above your banner under signature and everything will looks compact 

RAMWolff said:

OK honey.  Ooo, another new picture of you.  Very pretty.  How did you luck out.... looks and talent??  heart

edited July 2015

Now where is that button?

Post edited by Ivy on
  • JDStrider said:

I am pleased to see that I am not the only one struggling to find a method of searching this new forum format.

I used the search feature in a similar manner to LeslieSOsborne when I am looking for information or assistance. Please provide a Forum Only search, I don't want ot see all of the products that include the term 'IRay' when I am searching for informaiton in the forums... :-(

This seems to work for searching:  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/search  -- it will give you a box where you can put in search terms.   Or you can get fancy with the URL and do something like this: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/search?Search=search+forum     

That's how I found this thread.  smiley

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited July 2015
    CypherFOX said:

Greetings,

So...I've been playing around with the CSS on the pages.  I've found that setting a font-size of 0.85rem, bumping the margin-bottom up to 0.7rem helps with readability.

I've also found that moving div.UserSignature out to be the last child under div.Comment helps.  (It also puts the UserSignature after the 'Quote' button, which is excellent.)  I also changed the div.UserSignature CSS to be border: 1px dotted rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2) instead of only having a border-top that's solid and 0.1.  This gives some visible separation to the signature area.  (In order for that to look good, I had to change the padding to be 4px all around, instead of just 4px from the top.)

This is with the light theme, as that's what I prefer on the store.  I'm sure there's an equivalent set of things that can be done for the dark theme.

Now, about spellchecking.  First off, yes...the advertisement is horrendous, and if DAZ is going to use a 3rd party site to do their spellcheck, they should pay for it, so it doesn't advertise like that. (Edit: I do like the option for grammar checking, though.  But they're using deeply nested tables for layout, and so their HTML should burn in a fire.  A very hot fire. :) )

But why doesn't my browser's spellcheck work!?!?

Because it's disabled by default by CKEditor.  I believe if they put 

config.disableNativeSpellChecker = false;

into their config.js it would re-enable the browser's spellchecker.  If you edit the HTML of the CKEditor body tag, you'll notice that it has 'spellcheck="false"' set.  If you change that to 'true', it does the happy red squigglies for words like 'squigglies' again. :)

I'm sure there's other stuff, but that's about as much as I can do right now.  I'll check back in, in a while.

--  Morgan

I haven't looked at the 'details' but what you've found sounds about like what I expected to find... it's all in the config files.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited July 2015
    Ivy said:
    RAMWolff said:

you may also need to add another line break between your  sig tag and you picture logo which will help keep things under your post

..this is something for the site development team to deal with, not us. They dropped this on us, they need to make it work properly.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:
    Ivy said:
    RAMWolff said:

..this is something for the site development team to deal with, not us. They dropped this on us, they need to make it work properly.

Its just a tempory fix Kyoto wink

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited July 2015

...but why should we the users have to struggle at all with rubbish like this? What happened to thorough Beta Testing?

Crikey, at the development company I used to work for, we would beat up the software something silly before ever releasing it to the public.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited July 2015
    Ivy said:

Depending on what you need to change...

In the upper right corner, click on the gear icon, then on your name...then that opens another box with your name and another gear icon.  Click that icon then Edit Profile.

There are somethings, like username, that you need to go through your store account to change, though.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
    mjc1016 said:
    Ivy said:

Depending on what you need to change...

In the upper right corner, click on the gear icon, then on your name...then

I finely found it MJC thanks :)

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

kyoto kid said:

..and still wondering where my Flutterbys went to (I see them down there but they don't show in the forum)

Your flutterby's are in a data block, instead of an image file.  The data block gets 'denied:' inserted before it, when it shows up on the forum, because data blocks have various potentially unpleasant aspects and are very hard to whitelist.  You need to save them off as an image, attach them to a thread or something, and then link to them.  (Or if you have your own image hosting, or can abscond with some public image hosting, put them there and reference them.)

--  Morgan

Well at least we can still upload images via the Attach a file option.....  The Hivewire forums have two option.. there is a camera icon for uploading to a gallery and you get a thumnail and then there is a paperclip icon that gives you options once the image is uploaded for small, medium and large (and one other option, can't remember right now... ) I think all these new forums are fine but yea, we got no warning at all... that would have been nice.