CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK IV

Comments

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335

I knew I was forgetting something!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    DanaTA said:

And how about that, the busybody policeman isn't anywhere in sight!  Nice image!

Dana

He took the picture

laugh

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,024
    edited November 2018

New HDRI!

laferrari_pink_sunrise_2.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
    Post edited by hacsart on

Very nice image!

Dana

edited November 2018

Pinkie's Ride!

Pinkie s Caddy.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 465K
    Post edited by GLWoodard on
  • Any expereince with the 3DClassics Dodge Charger at rendo?  It's tempted me for awhile and the 50% sale has me tempted.

• RbugRbug Posts: 166

ok so I just found this thread like what I see in most of the images. I even have some of those vehicles and stuff. But alas I was a truck driver for near 40 years, and well this is an image of my fav truck. I modeled it after my own Pete that I named Baby Bloo. Hope you like it.

BabieBloo ClasicCam8.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 2M
  • Nice rig

Any expereince with the 3DClassics Dodge Charger at rendo?  It's tempted me for awhile and the 50% sale has me tempted.

I have a lot of the old Nationale7 aka 3D Classics, yes, it can be done, but you will need to use either 3DLight shaders or Iray shaders, depending on what render engine your using, as his Poser materials just don't work well in DAZ Studio, there are several decent sets of iray shaders over at Rendo in the free stuff section, or at sharecg.com, I typically use the shaders from Tom2099, these also include not only a nice aray of paint colors, but also includes chrome, glass, rubber and leather shaders, pretty much covers the entire car.

Also, before you load any of 3D Classics cars into DAZ, not to have anything in the scene highlighted, the cars have to load fully and automatically highlight on their own, and when you do go into changing the materials, anything that uses a photo texture is usually okay even in iray, such as the headlights, license plates and stuff, but you will need to reshade the chrome and paint for sure.

• GLWoodard said:

Also, before you load any of 3D Classics cars into DAZ, not to have anything in the scene highlighted, the cars have to load fully and automatically highlight on their own, and when you do go into changing the materials, anything that uses a photo texture is usually okay even in iray, such as the headlights, license plates and stuff, but you will need to reshade the chrome and paint for sure.

thanks!

edited November 2018

Next up..

g8_edward_bobber_PP.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M

Nice!

Dana

But You Said You Wanted an Old Sled for Christmas!

laugh  laugh  laugh  laugh  laugh  

Dana

• GLWoodard said:

But You Said You Wanted an Old Sled for Christmas!

Yep that's about rightlaugh

• PippenPippen Posts: 265

This is a fun thread. I just need to find out where I can get several of the cars (classics) you all use.

Pippen said:

This is a fun thread. I just need to find out where I can get several of the cars (classics) you all use.

A lot of them are for sale over at Rendo, or here at DAZ, but most of my classics are freebies that come from sites like gtainside, or gta classics, many of them come from the 3D Warehouse as well, but almost all of the require converting to file format that you can use them in DAZ or Poser, most of us use the obj format, I do most of my conversions in Blender, I load them into Poser 7, and DAZ Studio pretty much at the same time, since my DAZ and Poser libraries are connected, I do all of my shading, materials and rendering in DAZ.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited November 2018

Titled: Morning Out

Morning Out.jpg
    1500 x 843 - 1M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
    edited November 2018

Bentley Continental:

bentley_continental.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 872K

Titled: Morning Out

Nice scene!

Dana

hacsart said:

Bentley Continental:

I wouldn't want to guess what a real one of those costs!  Nice!

Dana

• DanaTA said:
    hacsart said:

Bentley Continental:

Dana

That's one that falls in that category known as "If You have to Ask"

DanaTA said:
    hacsart said:

Bentley Continental:

Dana

That's one that falls in that category known as "If You have to Ask"

I know.  Sadly, I know.

Dana

• RbugRbug Posts: 166
    edited November 2018

well I did ask and are you kidding me 

BENTLEY

Continental

MSRP  $218,400 to $290,800

That is the Canadian Price. surpriseindecision

Post edited by Rbug on
    Rbug said:

well I did ask and are you kidding me 

BENTLEY

Continental

MSRP  $218,400 to $290,800

That is the Canadian Price. surpriseindecision

Ow!  Can't keep all my guitars and other stuff in that car, so no thanks!

Dana

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    Pippen said:

My recommendation as a first step would be to join the Platinum Club here (even if it's just for one month to grab some cheap cars). Go to https://www.daz3d.com/land and click on "Show Only PC+" to see all the car models that are available for really low prices.

JonnyRay said:
    Pippen said:

My recommendation as a first step would be to join the Platinum Club here (even if it's just for one month to grab some cheap cars). Go to https://www.daz3d.com/land and click on "Show Only PC+" to see all the car models that are available for really low prices.

I don't think the PC+ prices will show if the person is not a member, so that might not be convincing.

Dana

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    DanaTA said:
    JonnyRay said:
    Pippen said:

I don't think the PC+ prices will show if the person is not a member, so that might not be convincing.

Dana

You might be right. But if one sees what is availalble, understand that each of those 181 items would cost a PC+ member between $1.99 and $4.99 (US dollars) each. And most of Alberto Daniel Russo's catalog falls into the $1.99 category. You can basically buy all 9 of his car models for less than $20 total.

edited December 2018

Fall is Here!

Fall is Here.jpg
    1860 x 881 - 492K
    Post edited by GLWoodard on
This discussion has been closed.