Carrara Sale Email Message Alert thread

Comments

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,140
    Selina said:

Hi PhilW,

Just opened my purse and bought two of your products so looking forward to great things!

Selina laugh

Thank you - I hope you enjoy them!

Another fabulous hair yes And I see you managed to get Cripeman mentioned in the promos too! cool

Well, it was you that put the Cripeman reference into your set and I just happened to capture it in the background. I have to say I love the way that particular promo came out altogether!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

Excellent choices, PhilW. Classic cut for guys, and looks great on the ladies.  Should do very well for you.

Thanks, it seems to be doing well so far. And there is another one in the works, pretty well finished now, just some presets and the promos to do before submitting.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

surprise you made carrara hair for g3?   yes  this i have to buy

• JuselJusel Posts: 12

I bought it today and I tried to use it with Janette in carrara. The shape looks great, I like the morphs, but how to set up the shader? It looks very low detailed?

edited May 2018

It's not specifically for Carrara as there isn't official support for G3 in Carrara. The key in the maps is the transparency maps which are high res and which mimic the effect of individual hairs mapped on each "strand" of the model. The color maps don't need to be high res as they are just a source for the colors of the individual hairs. I could have made them higher res but it wouldn't have added anything to the look - in fact I could probably have reduced them with no adverse effect!

So in Carrara use the transparency maps in the Alpha channel, there are three shader domains so use each of the 3 transparency maps, one in each. Also set the brightness of the map to 30% (this will make the hairs more transparent). You can use one color map across all three domains, or get creative (as I have done in the add-on color pack for DS) to get color mixes. The color maps should go in the Color channel and also in the Translucency channel. I'd put the transparency maps in the bump channel as well, set the highlight at say 20%, shininess at 10%.  That should give you starting values.

Post edited by PhilW on

Thank You PhilW, I will try your advice this evening..

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

That render is altogether striking and beautiful! bravo.

(of course the hair is the essential tie-together for said brilliance... :)

-ms

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Another fabulous hair yes And I see you managed to get Cripeman mentioned in the promos too! cool

Phil, Morena hair looks very impressive! Hope it does well for you.

Thanks V!

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I'm sure that was a response to me moaning, back when I was working on the MV Stella, that none of the store hairs had a zero-g morph! wink

Could be...

edited May 2018
    PhilW said:

It's not specifically for Carrara as there isn't official support for G3 in Carrara. The key in the maps is the transparency maps which are high res and which mimic the effect of individual hairs mapped on each "strand" of the model. The color maps don't need to be high res as they are just a source for the colors of the individual hairs. I could have made them higher res but it wouldn't have added anything to the look - in fact I could probably have reduced them with no adverse effect!

So in Carrara use the transparency maps in the Alpha channel, there are three shader domains so use each of the 3 transparency maps, one in each. Also set the brightness of the map to 30% (this will make the hairs more transparent). You can use one color map across all three domains, or get creative (as I have done in the add-on color pack for DS) to get color mixes. The color maps should go in the Color channel and also in the Translucency channel. I'd put the transparency maps in the bump channel as well, set the highlight at say 20%, shininess at 10%.  That should give you starting values.

Great improvement. I have tried transparency map in Alpha channel before, but the important thing is to set the brightness lower. Now the hair looks much better, more natural.
    Thank you again for the shader settings.

Post edited by Jusel on

You're welcome - feel free to play with settings of course, but I think this is a pretty good starting point. These settings mimic what I have done in Daz Studio.

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017

New freebies, one big package for Hiro 5 too:

https://www.daz3d.com/free-3d-models#

thanks!

cute v4 outfit in the mix  https://www.daz3d.com/y-spiri

flashsale on pc stuff. coupie good for tnight only.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Thanks a bunch.  They snuck this one in there late in the day.

Some Howie Farkes Carrara sets are featured nature-related items as part of the Anyone Ready for Spring sale.  60% off with new release purchase.

https://www.daz3d.com/nature-related-items

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    Diomede said:

Some Howie Farkes Carrara sets are featured nature-related items as part of the Anyone Ready for Spring sale.  60% off with new release purchase.

https://www.daz3d.com/nature-related-items

guess i missed it. none of HF's stuff is on sale.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Pretty much everybody's store is on sale today: Howie's, PhilW's, Vyusur's, mine . . . https://www.daz3d.com/05-28-memorial-day-site-wide-sale Stacking discounts galore!!! laugh

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on

the pc quarterly on sale  14 bucks

edited May 2018

i'm sorely tempted to buy the fenric pose exporter, can save a pose to pz2
    but, doesnt seem to be a hand or head pose only option

seems the only way to conveniently save a single pose

are these fenric utilities made with the sdk or python?  c++?

>.< might as well get the erc thing too,   
    i'm never gonna be able to get the octane thing at this rate

Post edited by Mistara on

There is a new merchant resource skin shader for G3F and G8F, so it is on sale.  I mention in part because if you use Misty's G3F and G8F characters in Carrara, and have to un-Iray all the material sets in the store, it could be a useful product to create Carrara presets for Misty's characters.  And of course for use in creating material presets for Studio.

For personal use and for for-sale iems, but not for freebies.  By Vyusur  (hope it does well for you).

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-and-8-females-texture-merchant-resource-pale-skin

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Misty

the PZ2/BVH exporter will export the full pose or "animated pose" or BVH animation

once you have that,. (if you have poser) you can load your file and save the partial poses you want.

If you have poser,. and need poses,. why not make those poses in Poser,. ? or DS,.. and save to your own Library.... then apply in carrara,

that would work for noggins critters and nursoda people.

but Genesis 3 and 8 would be more difficult.
    actually it just has to be a rig with the same bone names.
    guessing the poser face poses won't include the face rigging.
    mebbe a cr2 editor!  poser has the lovely swap left/right
    poser walk editor is pretty horrible results. looks like they limping

Diomede said:

There is a new merchant resource skin shader for G3F and G8F, so it is on sale.  I mention in part because if you use Misty's G3F and G8F characters in Carrara, and have to un-Iray all the material sets in the store, it could be a useful product to create Carrara presets for Misty's characters.  And of course for use in creating material presets for Studio.

For personal use and for for-sale iems, but not for freebies.  By Vyusur  (hope it does well for you).

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-and-8-females-texture-merchant-resource-pale-skin

kewl.  reading, it has the anatomical maps.

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017