Exosuit for Baryolax

JoLabJoLab Posts: 327
edited December 1969 in Daz PA Commercial Products

I guys. I’m glad to announce Exosuit for Baryolax. A cool sci-fi uniform for DAZ Studio and Poser to make Baryolax even cooler then before.

Poster_FinalComp.jpg
2000 x 1042 - 636K

Comments

• JoLabJoLab Posts: 327
    edited December 1969

Here’s a better view of the suit. It has several texture options and a cool Poke-Through Removal feature which I’m going to show soon.

SuitShowcase_For_Blog.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 681K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Oooh, nice - dare I ask if it can/may/will support the 4-armed variant?

edited December 1969

I tried to support the expansion pack but it didn’t work. I’m sorry.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:
    I tried to support the expansion pack but it didn’t work. I’m sorry.

That's too bad, but it's still a good looking suit. It'll go in my cart when it's released. How are the material zones set up? It might be really useful with a lot of the shaders I've got in my collection.

edited December 1969

The way I set the material zones and UVs, you will never get seams regardless of shaders and textures. There’s a material zone for the “leather” area and one for what I call the pads.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:
    The way I set the material zones and UVs, you will never get seams regardless of shaders and textures. There’s a material zone for the “leather” area and one for what I call the pads.

Perfect. I was afraid the whole suit would only have one zone.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,705
    edited December 1969

thanks for trying it with the four arms to see if it would work. sorry to hear that it won't

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Even if it doesn't work with the expansion, that's a very impressive costume... :coolhmm: Will it come with a helmet and/or oxygen back-pack?

If one was made, I'd actually buy a separate version for G2F/G2M. It has a very nice HR Giger-like look.

edited December 1969

Yes, there’s going to be a space life support system to compliment this suit. And a Genesis version is something I did consider.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:
    Yes, there’s going to be a space life support system to compliment this suit. And a Genesis version is something I did consider.

You make 'em, I'll buy 'em.
    What do the foot coverings look like,?
    I'll buy it as is, but I'd pay extra for a morph that would leave the head and hands uncovered.
    Well-done!
    --Walt Sterdan
    edited December 1969

Don’t worry about that, the mask, gloves, and boots are separate pieces.

edited December 1969

Here’s a promo to show the complete figure without any textures.

popup_4.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 697K
    edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:
    Don’t worry about that, the mask, gloves, and boots are separate pieces.

Perfect!
    Credit card standing by...
    --Walt Sterdan
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,705
    edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:

is that genesis 1 or 2 or all three?

edited December 1969

It’s too soon to say. Probably just genesis 2 male and female…

edited December 1969

Here’s Baryolax in action without the mask, gloves and boots.

NoMask.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 734K
    edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:
    Here’s Baryolax in action without the mask, gloves and boots.
    Absolutely perfect. That's exactly the type of versatility I was hoping for (well, better, actually).
    How long before we can snap this up?
    -- Walt Sterdan
    edited December 1969

In a week or so... I hope.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited March 2015

Idea!

If it isn't possible to model the suit over the expansion set arms, how about an optional version of the suit without sleeves/legs? Then you could put holes where the extra arms are and it would look right.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
    edited December 1969

When I did some testing the suit did not conform properly to the base figure and the secondary arms. I tried to keep it one piece while I should split the figure like I did for the mask. If I figure how to make it work properly, I’ll release a free update or expansion for the suit.

edited December 1969

With an outfit this complex, poke through are inevitable with extreme poses. To help get rid of them I added a Poke-Through Remover feature that works in both DAZ and Poser. Here’s how it works in DAZ:

You need to select the Baryolax base figure, not the suit. In the Parameters tab you’ll see a Poke-Through group which contains the Poke-Through FIX slider. Use this slider to remove the poke through. I colorized Baryolax red so it’s easier to see.

DAZ_pokeThrough02.jpg
    1670 x 954 - 621K
    DAZ_pokeThrough01.jpg
    1670 x 954 - 556K
    edited December 1969

In Poser it’s almost the same thing. Once again, select Baryolax and go to the Pose section of the content library. Where the other Baryolax poses are installed you’ll see a Poke-Through FIX folder containing two PZ2 files, a PokeThrough_Fix injection pose and a PokeThrough_fix remover pose. With Baryolax still selected double click on the injection pose to add the PokeThrough_FIX slider. Just slide the dial to get rid of any poke throughs.

Poser_pokeThrough02.jpg
    1676 x 954 - 784K
    Poser_pokeThrough01.jpg
    1676 x 954 - 781K
    edited December 1969

That’s it. I hope this feature is going to help.

edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:
    That’s it. I hope this feature is going to help.
    Incredible detail and quality, as always.
    The more I look at the suit and how you've given us boots, gloves and more, the more impressed I am. Having outfits like this elevates the Baryolax from primitive predators on an alien planet to star-faring invaders...with big teeth.
    ;-)
    Thanks again for supporting such a great character.
    -- Walt Sterdan
  • Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

Hey, I have a goofy question...

I know the suit doesn't work with the extra arms from the expansion pack (maybe that could become a future expansion for the suit?), but will the suit allow me to add some of the other add-ons from the expansion pack and colorize them so they match the suit?

edited December 1969

Well, I should think so. But for this to work in DAZ, you will have to save Shader Presets from the suit surface groups. That way you will be able to apply it to the Back Quills or the Horns from the expansion pack. You may get seams though.

If you don’t know what I’m talking about, here’s two links to help you with Shaders.
    http://shadersandmaterials.blogspot.ca/2012/08/how-to-apply-daz-studio-shader-presets.html
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/dazstudio/reference/fm_saveshader

edited December 1969

Exosuit for Baryolax should be released on April 18th.

edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:
    Great news.
    Thanks for the advance notice, credit card standing by!
    -- Walt Sterdan
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I will certainly buy it, but probably in May since, I've spent too much from march madness. =-O

edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:
    I got mine!
    I can't thank you enough for not only making a bodysuit for Baryolax, but for making such an incredible one. Adding boots, gloves and mask must have been a lot more work, but it really kicks it up a few notches. As mentioned, I'd gladly snap up versions of this for any of the Genesis/2 characters.
    Thanks again.
    -- Walt Sterdan