b. Content Management Service

Page2.jpg
641 x 727 - 134K
Page3.jpg
599 x 759 - 165K
Post edited by DAZ_bfurner on

Comments

• PerroristPerrorist Posts: 0

Can the Installer be deleted after the product is installed?

• FixmypcmikeFixmypcmike Posts: 17,301

Can the Installer be deleted after the product is installed?

Yes

• PerroristPerrorist Posts: 0

Thanks!

• where do templates go?

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 3,521

Templates can go anywhere you want as they are not directly used by Studio.  I like to keep them in the texture folder of the product they are for.

• Mike HuntMike Hunt Posts: 71

How do I install Daz Studio and my laarge amount of content on my 'D' drive, instead of my 'C' drive? My C drive is too small, but my D drive is big, 1TB. (Windows 10)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 46,077
    Mike Hunt said:

How do I install Daz Studio and my laarge amount of content on my 'D' drive, instead of my 'C' drive? My C drive is too small, but my D drive is big, 1TB. (Windows 10)

How are you installing? In Install manager, you should be able to select the apth for DIM itself then open its preferences (click the gear icon at top-right) and in the installation tab, at the top, set the paths for 64 and 32 bit software to D:/Program Files and D:/Program Files (x86) respectively - or whatever folders you want to use). In the same tab click the + button at the bottom to add a new content directory, give it a name, and use the ... button to select the folder you want to use, then select that destination by name in the Current drop-down box.

In Daz Studio, once you have that installed, click go to Edit>Preferences>Content tab>Content Directory Manager, highlight each folder in the current selection in trn and use the Edit button to change the path to the D: folder.

Before you isntall any more software you should probably tell Windows to use D: as your documents folder, by finding the folder in C:/Users/YOU/, right-clicking on it, selecting Properties, going to the Location tab, and clicking the Move button - if you do that for the various content folders most future installs will default to that location for saving (as DS would if you did it before your first installation).

• ULTRAB345TULTRAB345T Posts: 0
    Mike Hunt said:

How are you installing? In Install manager, you should be able to select the apth for DIM itself then open its preferences (click the gear icon at top-right) and in the installation tab, at the top, set the paths for 64 and 32 bit software to D:/Program Files and D:/Program Files (x86) respectively - or whatever folders you want to use). In the same tab click the + button at the bottom to add a new content directory, give it a name, and use the ... button to select the folder you want to use, then select that destination by name in the Current drop-down box.

In Daz Studio, once you have that installed, click go to Edit>Preferences>Content tab>Content Directory Manager, highlight each folder in the current selection in trn and use the Edit button to change the path to the D: folder.

Before you isntall any more software you should probably tell Windows to use D: as your documents folder, by finding the folder in C:/Users/YOU/, right-clicking on it, selecting Properties, going to the Location tab, and clicking the Move button - if you do that for the various content folders most future installs will default to that location for saving (as DS would if you did it before your first installation).

It will not let you stop installing, it just goes automaticaly to my to solid state c drive. 5 tb of secondary drive space but it just assumes i want to install it on my  120 gb drive.

The first time you run it it just goes automatically and will not let you change the path because its downloading, if you try to stop the downloads they just restart automatically,  It's a mess. I suppos e I could go unplug my modem but thats just another inconvieince.

• chris2236chris2236 Posts: 0

Hi guys, 

after i click update, the thing in the circle just runs forever. what should i do?

TIM截图20180816011249.png
    1099 x 542 - 268K
  • You may need to try a direct download of the Install Manager stand-alone installer from your account, then run that.