Iray Starter Scene: Post Your Benchmarks!

1434445464749»

Comments

• JD_MortalJD_Mortal Posts: 758

Is there a direct download for the scene? Both links demand that you "login" and "create an account", in order to get the files. They don't even show links, so unless you KNOW there should be a file there, it isn't quite obvious. If there is a link that doesn't require a sign-up, I can not find it. I don't remember having to sign-up for anything before. Maybe I did. lol.

If needed, I'll sign-up, or sign-up again, or figure out my old login, if they still have it. I'd just rather not go through all that hassle, for another test-render.

Also, is the "second benchmark", a few posts above, available somewhere in these posts? I am not seeing that in the first post.

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    JD_Mortal said:

Is there a direct download for the scene? Both links demand that you "login" and "create an account", in order to get the files. They don't even show links, so unless you KNOW there should be a file there, it isn't quite obvious. If there is a link that doesn't require a sign-up, I can not find it. I don't remember having to sign-up for anything before. Maybe I did. lol.

If needed, I'll sign-up, or sign-up again, or figure out my old login, if they still have it. I'd just rather not go through all that hassle, for another test-render.

Also, is the "second benchmark", a few posts above, available somewhere in these posts? I am not seeing that in the first post.

Sharecg and deviantart both require you to log in before downloading anything. That's never changed.

However, this bench has mostly gone by the wayside. Most of the posts for benching are now going in the RayDAnt thread you posted earlier. One reason is that RayDAnt has actually been tabling the data periodically, none of the other threads have the data organized as well. There is a bench scene that uses dforce hair which does a nice job of showing off the RT cores in RTX cards, but that thread has also died out. The people with RTX cards were getting vastly faster results.

• Tested on a dual Xeon E5 2678 v3 - 24c/48t - 2,5 to 3,3 Ghz :

Full Scene :
        - 90% : 45sec
        - 95% : 8min05
        - 100% : 11min18

No Sphere 8 and 9 :
        - 90% : 26sec
        - 95% : 1min14
        - 100% : 8min51

Thanks for the becnh! Now I know that a GTX 1080 ti will be 2,5 times faster that my bi-CPU !

• rock63rock63 Posts: 13

Ryzen 5900x with EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra @ 16 x Pcie 4.0 100 % in 28 seconds flat