Male Clothing Content Dead?

Comments

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,139

AllenArt said:

For as little as their is for men out there, I do have to hand it to Mada...when she does make a male outfit, it's usually a really good one.

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-naval-uniform-for-genesis-8-males

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-corsican-raider-outfit-for-genesis-8-and-81-males

https://www.daz3d.com/streetscape-outfit-for-genesis-8-males

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-house-brownie-outfit-for-genesis-8-males

Luthbel and Luthbellina are also standouts. I realize the reason they aren't as prolific - when you put more effort into something, it takes longer ;). I just wish Luthbel stuff had more morphs, but I suffer thru...lol. So, a big thank you to those who DO make male outfits semi-regularly...we appreciate it.

I wish Luthbel could update this to G8 with dForce. That would be a great addition for G8M clothing. 

https://www.daz3d.com/eldritch-seeker

Eldritch Seeker and Desperado still look good on G8 without dforce. They are one of those timeless classics.
  • CHWT said:

Eldritch Seeker and Desperado still look good on G8 without dforce. They are one of those timeless classics.

I could totally see that if I was doing stills, but I mainly do animation so I really want that flowing movement of the overcoat.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,985
    edited December 2021

It is interesting how this mirrors real life, when ever you go to a shopping mall, complex, district or what ever.. You will find that about 95 to 98% of all clothing shops are for women, men tend to not have that many..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • mal3Imagery said:

For those who been waiting for the two piece suit I been working on.  There were issues in trying to setup the suit and has been very difficult to try to get it sim and look good as well in conforming.  It's still work in progress and I'm sorry for those who are waiting for it.  The suit will probably come out next year, but here are some early christmas gift sneak peeks of it in progress.

I don't use Dforce simulation either.
    For me, textures are important - with wrinkles, folds, scuffs, shadows. 

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,615

...agreed on the conforming vs dForce.

I really don't see how dForce really matters much on male clothing save for certain historic styles that had fowing components. I have older hardware so sims take a while and iif I make even a slight alteration to a pose, I need to run the sim all over again.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,728

mal3Imagery said:

For those who been waiting for the two piece suit I been working on.  There were issues in trying to setup the suit and has been very difficult to try to get it sim and look good as well in conforming.  It's still work in progress and I'm sorry for those who are waiting for it.  The suit will probably come out next year, but here are some early christmas gift sneak peeks of it in progress.

Thanks for the sneak peeks and letting us know the status, @mal3Imagery, but non-dForce is just fine for men's clothes. dForce looks too much like thin polyester most times. Or why not include a dForce jacket along with the conforming jacket, shirt, and pants?

What you've done looks great (especially the shoulder points), but can we pretty please have Luthbel-like folds and creases for the crotch and biceps, along with a thicker edge? I'd pay well for that suit done to your standard.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,566

When dforce arrived, the quality of mens clothing began to slide badly. I don't expressly need anything new, but I can always use more basics. I prefer conforming clothing since dforce simulation rarely works well, and you have to generally sacrifice looks and fit for it.  

Clothing such as jeans, swimwear, etc, are all fairly tight, unless it's a toga I don't want to simulate it.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,466

thinking about it, I wear flannel all winter with jeans. Short sleeve casual all summer with jeans. sometimes long sleeves if its cooler. complete wardrobe. 

Daywalker Designs said:

daveso said:

so where are all these male oriented clothing shops? 

I don't think anything was said about "Male-oriented shops"; all that was said was that there are newer content creators at other sites that are making male content that's not being sold here. 

so what are these other sites. I know of one, rendo. 

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

The thing that I find hilarious is that DAZ keeps making big announcements about moving into areas like games and avatars, yet seems completely clueless that the overwhelming majority of games require massive numbers of unique male characters and outfits, and that half of all people on the planet are male.  

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,566

I kinda wondered about that. Unless you invest more in making good military, and fantasy outfits then the future gaming potential unless you are going for female only games is practically nil.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

Cybersox said:

The thing that I find hilarious is that DAZ keeps making big announcements about moving into areas like games and avatars, yet seems completely clueless that the overwhelming majority of games require massive numbers of unique male characters and outfits, and that half of all people on the planet are male.  

yes 

• Daywalker Designs said:

RCDeschene said:

<Obligatory "Male stuff dosen't sell" post>

<Obligatory "Male stuff doesn't sell as well as female stuff" correction post wink

<Obligatory sales stats that prove arguement but can't be checked post>

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,650

There's no particular reason to question whether the women's items outsell men's items. Enough people in a position to know have all said the same things. I don't know an easy fix for that.

edited December 2021

Birthday Suit ... FREE

jesse1.jpg
    918 x 1372 - 719K
    Post edited by daveso on
  • daveso said:

Birthday Suit ... FREE

LOVE IT!!! IN MY CART! SOLD!!

• empty said:

benniewoodell said:

AllenArt said:

For as little as their is for men out there, I do have to hand it to Mada...when she does make a male outfit, it's usually a really good one.

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-naval-uniform-for-genesis-8-males

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-corsican-raider-outfit-for-genesis-8-and-81-males

https://www.daz3d.com/streetscape-outfit-for-genesis-8-males

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-house-brownie-outfit-for-genesis-8-males

Luthbel and Luthbellina are also standouts. I realize the reason they aren't as prolific - when you put more effort into something, it takes longer ;). I just wish Luthbel stuff had more morphs, but I suffer thru...lol. So, a big thank you to those who DO make male outfits semi-regularly...we appreciate it.

I wish Luthbel could update this to G8 with dForce. That would be a great addition for G8M clothing. 

https://www.daz3d.com/eldritch-seeker

When I see this outfit I get upset because I loved Gianni as a figure and deeply mourn his loss....but nowadays the only characters who will ever get a revival in coming genrations will be Michael and Victoria...sigh

P.S. - sorry this was off topic

• empty said:

daveso said:

Birthday Suit ... FREE

LOVE IT!!! IN MY CART! SOLD!!

pity they discontinued this great addon cheeky

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/18709/start

•  

pity they discontinued this great addon cheeky

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/18709/start

smileysmileysmileysmileysmiley

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,261

Very much looking forward to it and I will purchase it when it's out.
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

Serene Night said:

I kinda wondered about that. Unless you invest more in making good military, and fantasy outfits then the future gaming potential unless you are going for female only games is practically nil.

It often seems to me that a lot of the people making decisions at DAZ don't really understand the real world applications of the software... let alone actually use it.  How else to explain weird decisons like demoting Victoria and Michael from the names of the actual base figures to the designations of just another set of morphs that the users don't even need to purchase?            

• DandeneDandene Posts: 162

daveso said:

Birthday Suit ... FREE

Already added to my collection! cheeky 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

RE: comment that quality of male clothing began sliding after arrival of DForce.  I have pleaded mea culpa elsewhere, and I will repeat it here.  I was one of those who thought relying on DForce would be better than relying on baked in wrinkles and folds.  It has not worked out that way at all.  Fortunately, some PAs ignored people like me, such as mal3Imagery.

I congratulate and encourage @mal3Imagery for excellent and high quality clothing for the guys.  

• daveso said:

Birthday Suit ... FREE

I hope it uses dForce!

(especially for animators who need realistic flopping around movement)

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,252

Diomede said:

RE: comment that quality of male clothing began sliding after arrival of DForce.  I have pleaded mea culpa elsewhere, and I will repeat it here.  I was one of those who thought relying on DForce would be better than relying on baked in wrinkles and folds.  It has not worked out that way at all.  Fortunately, some PAs ignored people like me, such as mal3Imagery.

I congratulate and encourage @mal3Imagery for excellent and high quality clothing for the guys.  

I use dForce clothing (and hair) almost exclusively, because I use do a lot of things in my art that PAs clearly haven't accounted for, and I prefer the freedom to do whatever situation I want over needing PAs to have anticipated my bizarre use cases.

• There is an unspoken tradition in my country.
    If it's a woman's birthday, you have to give an expensive gift, perhaps a gift card to a clothing or perfume store.
    If it's a man's birthday, you should give socks and shaving foam.
    I think the assortment of men's clothing in the daz3d store absolutely reflects today's reality

• sunnyjeisunnyjei Posts: 497

Wow @mal3Imagery  that suit looks great- sign me up if you need early beta testers. Definitely plan on getting that as soon as it is available. If this is the 'rough' stage the final is going to be a best seller when it hits. Personally I wish we could see more fantasy stuff, looking through the older stuff here it seems like there was a lot more of that then (Elven princes, David Bowie's goblin king, Jon Snow, and more) and also more trendy/stylish fashions for men. I've been going to Pinterest and trying to kitbash male and female items to get different looks but would be nice if we had more quality clothes for males.

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,041

Maybe dForce will improve, and it will create natural looking wrinkles in men's clothes. 

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

sunnyjei said:

Wow @mal3Imagery  that suit looks great- sign me up if you need early beta testers. Definitely plan on getting that as soon as it is available. If this is the 'rough' stage the final is going to be a best seller when it hits. Personally I wish we could see more fantasy stuff, looking through the older stuff here it seems like there was a lot more of that then (Elven princes, David Bowie's goblin king, Jon Snow, and more) and also more trendy/stylish fashions for men. I've been going to Pinterest and trying to kitbash male and female items to get different looks but would be nice if we had more quality clothes for males.

yes 

• ioonrxoonioonrxoon Posts: 886
    edited December 2021

I find it funny how many people blame Daz for this, when Daz actually put out quite a bit of male content lately. Waaay too much for me, who rarely buys male stuff. Sure, the quality varies, but the same applies to female stuff. They just get away better with it, since skimpwear and skirts/dresses work better with dforce, not because the items are done better.

The PAs do what they want, and Daz has nothing to do with this. Some create female clothing because they make a bigger profit there. Some do it because that's what they enjoy creating. There could be plenty of reasons.

But I'm sure if the need for male stuff was as big as some of you make it seem like, there would be much more content here and in other stores. I don't see PAs refusing money out of stubborness, because they just don't want to do male stuff.

And if you also consider the amount of work involved in making a proper suit, which will sell worse than the bikini that only took a fraction of the time to make... the odds really are stacked against male stuff.

Post edited by ioonrxoon on