SF People That You Meet - how to apply?

PtropePtrope Posts: 679
edited October 2021 in The Commons

How should [SF People That You Meet] these be applied? After installing them, I find them in my Content Library, but not under the Shaping tab in the editor. When I double-click the item under "Complete Shapes" in the library, it applies numerous morphs to the various body parts, but doesn't scale the figure in any way. Puzzled!

Edited for Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• How did you install? It certainly seems set up to add new sliders, but if the installation was askew they might not be created..

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,577
    edited October 2021

...go to People/G8F (or M)/Shapes  From the description on the product page, they are all presets. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • PtropePtrope Posts: 679

Richard Haseltine said:

How did you install? It certainly seems set up to add new sliders, but if the installation was askew they might not be created..

I used DIM to install. They show up in Smart Content under Shaping>Apply>... , and in the Content Library tab, under People>Genesis 8 Female>Shapes>SF People You Meet. No sliders. And double-clicking the presets in either location yields the same results. Testing different characters shows that some seem to work, while others don't properly resize the figure, such as "Carmen," which shows a tiny character in the thumbnail, but leaves her 5'9" tall. Neveah, another tiny one in the thumbnail, is 6' tall! None of the tiny characters is shorter than 5'2", despite the way they appear in the tumbnails or in the preview images in the store. I do own all the required morphs listed on the store page.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,577

..also used the IM to install and the sizing works fine.  When did you download them as it could have been when Daz was having server issues and the download may have been corrupted? 

I'd uninstall, then delete it from the Ready to Install tab, close the IM, start it again and download a fresh copy. to see if that works.

• DiscipleDisciple Posts: 76

Resurrecting this topic because I see the same thing.  The product promises morphs and presets.  Presets appear, morphs don't.  I want the morphs.

The presets dial up the standard DAZ head and body morphs, but the missing sliders leave the shape incomplete.  Pic shows the "Bess" example comparison on G8F.  Need the morphs, help appreciated, thanks for reading.

Hallelujah!
    Disciple

PeopleYouDontMeet01.jpg
    960 x 648 - 92K
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,251

Huh. I am surprised this has not been corrected. The special morphs are not located in the right place. 

They are under /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Shapes/SickleFuse2019/PeopleYouMeet. They are never found, since the default location for morphs is, well, /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs. I moved them into place, and now I see the full details on the characters, and sliders. (And Carmen is, in fact, three feet tall.)

The basic Head and Body morphs are also used, and actually do something, but are not the complete character. I never really took a close look, just saw that the presets were doing something, if all somewhat similar. Now I understand why. Same applies to the male morphs.

Thank you! laugh That is exactly the fix!  Pic attached.

Now I, too, am surprised.  The correction seems an easy one, now that I know where it's found.  Where does one report bugs in a way that they come to the right person's attention?  Bringing them to the forums seems to succeed only rarely, and help tickets don't seem to get forwarded to the PA's, although I did see it happen once.

Hallelujah!
    Disciple

MeetPeople02.jpg
    864 x 648 - 55K

Help tickets are the only official way to get products corrected. Unfortunately, the delays can sometimes be prohibitive.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629

Please submit a ticket. If this error had been in the original it wouldn't have worked for me and Fuseling, let alone the Daz QA testers, so I think it must've gotten borked during processing after approval at some point. In that case it's Daz that needs to fix it.

SickleYield said:

Please submit a ticket.

Consider it done.

The unboxed product looks really nice.  Thanks.

Hallelujah!
    Disciple

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Did anyone check the G8Male version?

SickleYield said:

Please submit a ticket. If this error had been in the original it wouldn't have worked for me and Fuseling, let alone the Daz QA testers, so I think it must've gotten borked during processing after approval at some point. In that case it's Daz that needs to fix it.

Strange enough, the metadata has the correct path for the SupportAssets (which is generated automatically when writing it out), so somehow it got changed after the metadata was created.

edited March 25

carrie58 said:

Did anyone check the G8Male version?

Yes, same problem. The morphs are in the wrong folder, as described above.

Note: there is only the one package for both male and female.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on
  • columbinecolumbine Posts: 293

While I'm sure SY is right that Daz must have broken it because otherwise she and Fuseling would have noticed something in their testing, I finally had a chance to go look at this in my own installation today, and I'd like to note that this is a much more subtle breakage than it looks.

The thing is, when you apply the various shapes via icon, what actually gets applied to your figure is a combination of general shape sliders AND shape sliders installed by the product. (Presets and morphs, if you prefer.) That is, you apply a shape and get changes to Body Size, Height, Hip Size, Nose Tip Depth, etc etc etc -- it adjusts MANY of these for each figure -- but also get some "custom" sliders applied such as "People You Meet Eyes Wider 01" or "People You Meet Receding Chin."

That latter kind of slider are the ones which were not applying properly because the morphs were in the wrong place. BUT--and this is what I mean that it's subtle--you could use this kit for ages and not realize that was broken. I sure did! Because when you apply the shape, the figure DOES change. They do get shorter and fatter and whatever, because the generic shape sliders are being set. You could easily not notice the custom sliders were missing, especially if you had no idea what you were looking for, because you assumed the shapes were just supposed to come out the way they did.

Anyway, I've fixed my installation by hand, so thanks for noting this.