More Non-photorealistic Renders (NPR III)

Comments

• csaacsaa Posts: 812

SapphireBlue said:

Very cool csaa!

Thanks SapphireBlue ... here's a work in progress, mostly the motorbike.

Cheers!

Sgt. Inez: Standard Issue Police Gear | Daz assets and set up | Blender Eevee render | Clip Studio Paint post-edit

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

Sakura 8 + the 3D Outlaw Sakura eyes fixer morph + whatever character morphs you have laying around = infinite cuties.

• The character looks lovely. Very cute indeed! Can't find the 3D outlaw product in Daz anymore sadly.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,850

Yes, I agree. Very cute and well done, @vrba79

SapphireBlue said:

The character looks lovely. Very cute indeed! Can't find the 3D outlaw product in Daz anymore sadly.

Renderosity has it.

• @vrba79 , your Sketchy render really great .  Waiting for tips how to make like yours in this thread or any place 

@csaa like always cool outcome !! and for @sapphireBlue love your works

I intend on making a proper tutorial.

edited May 2022

Another render from Unity, featured Alfred Toon Monkey and the others.

Alfred01pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 210K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited May 2022

Post edited by vrba79 on
  • juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 556
    edited May 2022

@artini , Your NPR images getting awesome . And as Always @vrba79 very nice efforts using your toolls 

Here some re-Edit version . Start with pwToon and multipass then getting color shift and post fx in Photoshop to create anime vibe

pwToon Multipass for Anime vibe

Alley in Anime Style.jpg
    1463 x 731 - 1M
    Post edited by juvesatriani on
  • SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 846

juvesatriani Thank you!

Oof! That scene has come out so fabulous! Unbelievable work to create such a anime feel from a render. yes
    I'd come across your posts and npr renders before, and your work with pwToon is just great, but by then, it was evident that pwToon was no longer available here. Blah.
    You npr work on your deviantart page is crazy good! Love the colors and great compositions, and how you've developed an insanely good process to create those anime style visuals. Spectacular work! Respect!

edited May 2022

@SapphireBlue, Thanks for lovely words .

To be honest that not so hard . It just stacking layer and doing some color shifting . Thats should be doable using IRAY or any 3d apps as long you can outputing several render to mimicking what manual colorist doing  . Here the PSD link if you or anyone wanna to check how that image built 

Also check OSO toon which I believe using same approaches . Then translate the method with whatever tools you have . The only things I`m still not find is doing hard shadow in IRAY . But @vrba79 seem cracked it with Sketchy Shader

Thanks again 

Thanks. It took time, but I definitely hit my stride with Sketchy. I'm gonna keep playing with it, as I wanna come up with as many different styles with it as a I can.

juvesatriani said:

@artini , Your NPR images getting awesome . And as Always @vrba79 very nice efforts using your toolls 

Here some re-Edit version . Start with pwToon and multipass then getting color shift and post fx in Photoshop to create anime vibe

Thanks a lot.

Very nice anime look.

edited May 2022

I've heard a lot about the greater range of facial expression in Gensis 8.1. After upgrading some of my characters, I found that the exported OBJs are much larger than for the older Genesis 8. In this image, the two ladies on the sides -- Sgts. Inez and Andrea -- are Gensis 8.1 figures while Sgt. Cleo is still Gensis 8. I'm happy with the results; I'll keep this figure update going forward.

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers!

Sgts. Andrea, Cleo and Inez: The Bet They Made | Daz assets and set up | Blender Eevee render | Clip Studio Paint post-edit

Post edited by csaa on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,906

Your image isn't showing, but the different file saizes will be down to different levels of SubD - the base mesh is the same for Genesis 8 and 8.1, aside from the torso/head surface groups.

Richard Haseltine said:

Your image isn't showing, but the different file saizes will be down to different levels of SubD - the base mesh is the same for Genesis 8 and 8.1, aside from the torso/head surface groups.

Richard Haseltine,

Thanks! Not sure why the image link failed, but I corrected that. Hope it stays in place.

OK ... that means there's still more room to play with cutting down on OBJ exports. AFAIK I leave the mesh settings at default, except for setting the Resolution Level to "Base". And with that I see the difference in OBJ file sizes between G8 and G8.1. Come to think of it, yes, the SubDivision Level is at 2 by default in my G8.1 figures. I'll look into this. Maybe I can claw back the added file size while still retaining the facial expressiveness of G8.1 I've come to enjoy.

Cheers!

edited May 2022

Another try from Unity...

Val01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 575K
    Val02.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 586K
    Val03.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 840K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited May 2022

Decided to render one of my principal characters in the new style.

Joy turned out pretty good!

Post edited by vrba79 on

juvesatriani Thanks for sharing your process for building up your image! Very kind of you for giving us that insight. I don't know enough about the process in this style - so it's very interesting to understand how it's built up from different renders.

I've had OSO toon wishlisted for a while, but was on the fence about it - well no, more. I think I'll get it soon. : )

For me, I'm not too particular about a specific style or getting that style right - just enjoy working with different approaches for different projects for fun, and I'm always curious. : )

Your style and final results as on your deviant art page are really great - have you already started on your story work?

vrba79 Joy looks great! I definitely have to sit down with Sketchy... : )

Very interesting to see everyone's renders!

Some renders using this motorbike. Thanks for your interest.

Cheers!

Daz assets and set up | Blender Eevee render | Clip Studio Paint post-edit

Just for fun, here's a Genny 1 figure rendered with my Sketchy method.

edited May 2022

@vrba79 your last image already look like pwToon , congrats !!

Here another base concept which created after learning about geo node in blender , Like always this one also use EEVEE multipass and photoshop

Golden Shrine

Taller.jpg
    1981 x 1049 - 2M
    edited May 2022

Thanks! I feel pretty accomplished, considering it wasn't that long ago I couldn't really get Sketchy to do anything I wanted it to.

Post edited by vrba79 on

csaa Very cool conversion of that bike. Works great!

vrba79 Nice clean toon renders. Great process. I liked the ginger haired character render that you just put up in the anime manga cafe thread too. (Ok, I see it now here too as I type...)

juvesatriani Love the golden city. Very pretty, slightly abstracted and lovely colors.

edited May 2022

Thanks. That one is inspired by Fujiko Mine of Lupin the 3rd Fame. Specifically her Series 4-6 look.

Post edited by vrba79 on

Very nice images, everyone.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited May 2022

tkdrobert said:

Alex Rider Concept 6 by tkdrobert

Playing around with @juvesatriani PW Toon presents and some new workflows.

This is very cool! That outfit is so perfect for NPR renders!

Post edited by 3Diva on

vrba79 said:

This look is really growing on me. I don't even need to post work it.

Most excellent! Your style is just getting better and better!

juvesatriani said:

Wow! I could totally see this in an anime! That came out really good! Well done!