Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2015 CLOSED

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

I was walking home last night/this morning and thinking "I don't have a clue for an idea ..." and then a boll form the blue, I got an idea!!! :)  I'll cracking on it and see if it works out.

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

My brain is hyperactive, pumping out renders like there's no tomorrow (and who knows, there may not be ;) ), but coulours are not happening. Perhaps pink will spark something..

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited August 2015

My pink image for this month, hope you like it! :-)

Pinktastic

Pinktastic.jpg
    1440 x 900 - 438K
    Post edited by MN-150374 on
  • Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063
    edited August 2015

Still got the whole month.. I'm sure PINK will inspire.. winks.

Not seeing a picture MN :(

Post edited by Llola Lane on

Interesting, still fighting with the new upload method. Hope she is there now?

MN-150374 said:

Interesting, still fighting with the new upload method. Hope she is there now?

hi MN.. Yay..see her now... thank you.. quite fun.. love the special effects.  

Darn new forum.. keeps signing me out.. Having to sign in each time I look at the forums is getting old.. REALLY fast. ughh....

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    MN-150374 said:

Pinktastic

I believe that we have a new superheroine!

Dana

DanaTA said:
    MN-150374 said:

Pinktastic

I believe that we have a new superheroine!

Dana

Maybe she deserves her own comicbook series. But sadly I´m not very creative in writing and storytelling.

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871
    edited August 2015
    XaatXuun said:

I keep missing getting something created for this challenge. it's more like I get something started then forget to comeback.

I cannot render full/completed scenes, so going to try and for once get something here. even though it's in parts

ETA: trying different settings, I might squeeze in a whole scene, just it's going to be small, if it doesn't work I'll add the pieces

Where the pink is it

Please try and fit it all together XaatXuun... the challenge is to create 1 render a month and no WIPs... I've got my fingers crossed for ya ;)  You have plenty of time.

I removed the first image, . . . . I was going to post 3 images of the whole scene, but what you see is pretty much the max I can render in one scene, probably could add a back ground, but just to the right would've shown  more characters scratching their head wondering where the Volleyball went. with the volleyball set in the scene as well. I should had read the rules again, sorry for the extra image, next time I'll not try and  create something I can't do in one render wink

Post edited by XaatXuun on
    XaatXuun said:
    XaatXuun said:

I keep missing getting something created for this challenge. it's more like I get something started then forget to comeback.

I cannot render full/completed scenes, so going to try and for once get something here. even though it's in parts

ETA: trying different settings, I might squeeze in a whole scene, just it's going to be small, if it doesn't work I'll add the pieces

Where the pink is it

Please try and fit it all together XaatXuun... the challenge is to create 1 render a month and no WIPs... I've got my fingers crossed for ya ;)  You have plenty of time.

I removed the first image, . . . . I was going to post 3 images of the whole scene, but what you see is pretty much the max I can render in one scene, probably could add a back ground, but just to the right would've shown  more characters scratching their head wondering where the Volleyball went. with the volleyball set in the scene as well. I should had read the rules again, sorry for the extra image, next time I'll not try and  create something I can't do in one render wink

OH darn XaatXuun... Well you still have time til end of month if you wanna play more... Not sure why you can't render it all in one scene... It seems pretty simple... I'm guessing you have an ancient computer???  or maybe it's the number of characters???  I can fit about 6 in a scene before my computer goes haywire.. lol.  Anyway.. you still have time... and i'm still rootin' for ya ;)

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871
    XaatXuun said:
    XaatXuun said:

Where the pink is it

OH darn XaatXuun... Well you still have time til end of month if you wanna play more... Not sure why you can't render it all in one scene... It seems pretty simple... I'm guessing you have an ancient computer???  or maybe it's the number of characters???  I can fit about 6 in a scene before my computer goes haywire.. lol.  Anyway.. you still have time... and i'm still rootin' for ya ;)

yes in todays computer age, it's back in the Ice age laugh

I can do 3 characters no other objects, and no Shaders, with lights , or 2  characters maybe 1- 2 shaders, and 1 Maaaaaybe 2 objects with lights, that's what I can get away with with no chance of crash. Also depends on the size of the render. I don't like doing them below 900x900,  I try and do them either 1100x1100 or 1400x1400, but the smaller the render, the more I can add into the scene.

My active view I work in is 745x745, I wish I had a bigger screen, would enjoy more if I could double that, but that's the space I have to work with and normally that is not a problem, unless I do a zoom in or out and forget to switch back to perspective view when I do. indecision , but yeah .. 2 character max seems to be it for me.

If I could do it, I could do it post work in GIMP and add the extra characters into the scene that way, but not enough practice in that, currently helping packing and moving, so my time is a bit limited sometimes.

thank you for the rootin' I will not give up . .  I'm more likely to forget to finish in time, like I have in the past trying to get a image in your challenge , I'm so bad  I'll look through my saves  and  stare . . "what Was I doing here ????" then recall . . 'oh yeah that was 'posed to been done a month ago frown "

XaatXuun said:
    XaatXuun said:
    XaatXuun said:

Where the pink is it

yes in todays computer age, it's back in the Ice age laugh

I can do 3 characters no other objects, and no Shaders, with lights , or 2  characters maybe 1- 2 shaders, and 1 Maaaaaybe 2 objects with lights, that's what I can get away with with no chance of crash. Also depends on the size of the render. I don't like doing them below 900x900,  I try and do them either 1100x1100 or 1400x1400, but the smaller the render, the more I can add into the scene.

My active view I work in is 745x745, I wish I had a bigger screen, would enjoy more if I could double that, but that's the space I have to work with and normally that is not a problem, unless I do a zoom in or out and forget to switch back to perspective view when I do. indecision , but yeah .. 2 character max seems to be it for me.

If I could do it, I could do it post work in GIMP and add the extra characters into the scene that way, but not enough practice in that, currently helping packing and moving, so my time is a bit limited sometimes.

thank you for the rootin' I will not give up . .  I'm more likely to forget to finish in time, like I have in the past trying to get a image in your challenge , I'm so bad  I'll look through my saves  and  stare . . "what Was I doing here ????" then recall . . 'oh yeah that was 'posed to been done a month ago frown "

Oh yes... Xaat... I am feeling the stress of an older computer also.. specially now that Iray is here... I just can't afford to get a new computer right now... so I feel for ya :)  I thank you kindly for the wonderful render you have submitted. 

• HoppittyHoppitty Posts: 466

Title: The New Guy

Apparently this group of adventurers needed a new healer, so the dwarf rogue went out and found them a Druid who was available. (Along with his dire giraffe companion.)

pink2a.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 539K

Oh WOW Hoppitty... That sure is one pink dude... I love the overALL colors too... Thank you for sharing :)

Hoppitty said:

Title: The New Guy

Apparently this group of adventurers needed a new healer, so the dwarf rogue went out and found them a Druid who was available. (Along with his dire giraffe companion.)

That sure is an interesting group!  Nice work!

Dana

• edited August 2015

First post.. still fumbling through Daz..worked on this last night and put together Pink Princess last night...dont know how to use the program much yet so figure the next months render should be a bit better.

Hopefully this posts right..

Pink Princess

sTArry butterfly princess.JPG
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by thepolymath_d6b5f0a817 on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

cool yes

edited August 2015

First post.. still fumbling through Daz..worked on this last night and put together Pink Princess last night...dont know how to use the program much yet so figure the next months render should be a bit better.

Awesome first render thepoly (shortened name.. whew.. it's a long'un .. lol)  Much better than my first render post.  Been 3 years for me and I'm STILL learning new tricks in DAZ.  There are lots of videos for you to watch on YouTube.. just search.. DAZ... and you'll find'em.  I'm glad you joined my little challenge.. Can't wait to see what you come up with for next month ;0  Thanks for sharing and welcome to the DAZ forums!

Pink Princess

Nice for your first try, and your first post!

Dana

• Beautiful Pink Princess! Great image!

• First post.. still fumbling through Daz..worked on this last night and put together Pink Princess last night...dont know how to use the program much yet so figure the next months render should be a bit better.

Awesome first render thepoly (shortened name.. whew.. it's a long'un .. lol)  Much better than my first render post.  Been 3 years for me and I'm STILL learning new tricks in DAZ.  There are lots of videos for you to watch on YouTube.. just search.. DAZ... and you'll find'em.  I'm glad you joined my little challenge.. Can't wait to see what you come up with for next month ;0  Thanks for sharing and welcome to the DAZ forums!

Thanks!...yeah im trying to figure out how to edit my username so it doesnt have those numbers... I saw the challenge a few months back and figured I should finally try something..:)

DanaTA said:

Nice for your first try, and your first post!

Dana

Thanks!

Beautiful Pink Princess! Great image!

ThankYou!

bigh said:

cool yes

:)

edited August 2015

o.k.. gang... Only a week left for PINK.. I suppose people will be returning home from holiday/vacation soon.  School started here.. Hope we can get a few more renders til the end of the month... You still have time to join us... hint hint... ;)

Gah ... slipped my mind!!!!! Still got th eidea, just need to convert it into 3D, from the 0.2D of my mind ... ;)

SimonJM said:

Gah ... slipped my mind!!!!! Still got th eidea, just need to convert it into 3D, from the 0.2D of my mind ... ;)

It's ok.. Simon... been busy too and am still working on mine... That's why I sent out the reminder... we have a little time yet. :)

edited February 2016

Ok.. here's my PINK...

"Cupcakes"

CUPCAKES DONE SIGN.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 481K
  • Yummy!

Yummy!

Thank you Xmasrose :) 

edited August 2015

Ok, let's see if we can get this uploaded ... not quite how I wanted it, but it's wheher it went ... a small accident in an old paint factory ...

Pink.jpg
    2400 x 1350 - 1M
    Post edited by SimonJM on
    SimonJM said:

Ok, let's see if we can get this uploaded ... not quite how I wanted it, but it's wheher it went ... a small accident in an old paint factory ...

LOL... a 'small' accident???  giggles.  Hate to see what a big accident looks like Simon... lol. (peeks through the doors) I'm NOT cleaning that up!

Thanks for sharing!

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited August 2015

Very funny Simon!

So this month is pig, right? Oh no, pink sorry!!

Not my usual :

pig, no pink!

15_pink.png
    600 x 800 - 895K
    Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on