LuxusCore Carrara

1202122232426»

Comments

• evilkooladeevilkoolade Posts: 114
    edited April 2019

ok heresthe video its not perfect i'm still learning software (i havn't had a computer that could run much in quite some time) 

Post edited by evilkoolade on
  • AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382

ok heresthe video its not perfect i'm still learning software (i havn't had a computer that could run much in quite some time) 

It's beautiful!

thanks Alberto

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Love the movement. There is a slight issue in the background (behind the lamppost) when part of the background flips from darker to lighter, but otherwise looks perfect.

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583

as soon as i can get it composited and uploaded (its just a camera move from syntheyes) i'm running a new to me workstation through its paces

So you used Syntheyes to capture the camera move from a video recording ... how did you transfer it to Carrara?

edited April 2019

syntheyes has a carrara export heres a better look at what it can do (not luxcore) i hope to be doing vfx work again soon

Post edited by evilkoolade on
  • I know this plugin is likely entirely abandoned as the team behind the renderer has moved on, and to even get any information about shaders and such from the LuxCore wiki I have to trudge through web.archive, but with renders like these it's difficult to go back to using the built in renderer.

I'm writing this message in the sliver of hope the guy who was making the plugin might see this, as absolutely wonderful this plugin has been, despite the hair pulling that has resulted with certain shaders not playing nice with the GPU renderer, particularly anything to do with transparencies or the glass shader (being able to use the GPU being something that's absolutely crucial, certainly for anything animated), the one completely breaking issue that's cropped up is trying to import a scene into another completely breaks the GPU renderer, unless I remove all shaders. Which even at that, trying to put them back breaks the renderer yet again, seemingly at complete random. Even despite the GPU renderer being completely fine when testing each file with the elements by itself. It's not v-ram issues as I've been keeping extremely close eyes on v-ram utilization, and even at that, when it tried to render and failed, it was always well below the upper limit.

So I'm messaging to ask: Is there any hope that this plugin might get continued development? I'd only wish for it to become stable with what features it has currently, despite it not even having the full Lux Renderer implemented as is.

It would make a project 8 years into development go from “Passible, but not great.” to “Passible, but looks amazing.”, and would breath genuine new life into this program as a whole, it certainly has for me using Carrara.

Locomotive8.png
    3500 x 1500 - 2M
  • Not that anyone would probably notice and I'm probably speaking into a black hole, but with the latest major W10 update, it completely breaks compatability with Luxus. The CPU simply doesn't show up as a option in the device list in the config window. Previously, when I let it update the first time and forced it to roll back, it wouldn't detect anything, GPU or CPU. Which unfortunatly sticking to the W10 that doesn't break everything doesn't seem like a option unless I investigate LTSB, which microsoft makes a absolute pain last I was aware.

This is particularly irksome, as I had already ported my current long term project to use Luxus, which was a feat in itself. Now, it looks like I'm going to be forced to somehow port it all again to Blender to actually render it with a modern renderer, which porting between completely different software suites, especially one that while has made great strides as of late isn't quite up to the standard of being truly usable, is going to be a absolute nightmare, given how many carrara specific IK and rigging quirks straight up will not be exportable and would have to be re-created from scratch, in brand new to me software that historically has been a pain to use.

I would ask again for some support for this wonderful plugin, but given how long it has been effectively abandonware, I might just be screwed.

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

You are talking about luxus for carrara which uses Luxrender.

This thread is for Lux Core which the developer quit on a few years ago and removed the time limit on as the LuxCore Project was changing hands and direction.

Luxus for DAZ studio I Believe that it has no been released as open source as the person who created it doesnt have time to support it anymore. 

That being said there is the Plugin Made By Philemo for PBR in carrara. 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/240836/new-beta-available-pbr-microfacets-disney-fresnel-and-tutti-quanti#latest

It takes the IRAY shaders and cnverts them from the duf file. or a folder with the PBR textures in it and makes you a PBR shader which renders in Carrara really fast comparatively speaking.

This way all you have to worky about is possibly changing your textures and not all the rigging and IK that you have set up or having to change any scene files.

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    No news. Even Reality, the Luxrender plugin for Poser and DS, is now opensourced and not developed further.
    Octane for Carrara is still being developed and is now available as a rental. There is a free trial, still needs a modern NVIDIA GPU.
  • That looks interesting, but from all the comparison shots I'm seeing in that thread, there doesn't seem to be any significant differences between the native renderer and using the PBR shader, the entire reason I went full in on Luxus was because it produced results that actually look like they're from this decade. I'd guess it's because that plugin is still very early days, but unfortunatly that doesn't really help the predicament I'm in now.

3drendero said:
    Octane for Carrara is still being developed and is now available as a rental. There is a free trial, still needs a modern NVIDIA GPU.

Which genuinely looks like a fantastic option, if it wasn't multiple times more expensive than the base program, and that my intention was to go full into Blender (which has a perfectly fine native renderer) after the project in question is complete.

The rental of Octane is 20$/month billed monthly, cheap if you have a few months left on your project. Octane for Blender is free, so you will learn something that can be used with both Carrara and Blender.
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i dont understand how to render animations with the lux plugin?

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

In order to render with either LUXCore or LUXRender you just need to select it in teh render settings drop down wher you select the Photorealistic, NPR, etc.

With Lux Core it will take your shaders and convert them for use with LUXCore and will convert some lights to LUXCore lights.

To simplify the Lighting use the LUXCore lights  as it is one less steps. You can use PBR materials in LUXCore but you just have to Manually add all the maps to the correct channel.

I have not tried Philemo's Plugin for PBR and LUXCore together yet as I have been impressed with the speed of his implimentation of PBR Materials as they render fast.

If you want physically based lighting then you need to use something like LUXCore.

Mystarra said:

i dont understand how to render animations with the lux plugin?

See the FAQ, point 6. https://carraracafe.com/luxus-the-luxrender-plugin-for-carrara-developmentdocumentation-blog/