Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD III

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Quick and random question... Who is that guy on you avatar... He looks familiar???

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

well I had a stoopid dream
    I dragged some licorice into a shop like a garden hose that I was eating, it got stuck in the door
    they had some for sale and thought mine was from there and asked me to pay for it
    I said I had bought it earlier and was eating it when I came in and it got stuck in the door and they should look on their security camera
    they said it was ony a dummy camera but I could see the tv monitor showing the shop behind the counter,
    I said I would repay for it amyway be cause it was such a small sum it was not worth arguing about, I just will not shop here again.
    but then they started finding bottles of sparkling wine in my bag and spiral pasta hidden in them!!!

I have never shoplifted in my entire life btw!
    my biggest fear is having something in my bag I have bought before and someone thinking I stole it
    I have made long walks to the car to put just to put stuff in it because I remembered I forgot to buy something else and I had not kept the reciept
    I expect people not to trust me even though I rarely lie mostly because I cannot!
    as a result people often think I am lying esp ones who do so readily themselves.
    I get in trouble because I am tactless and just blurt out exactly what I think actually.

Wow, Wendy, where did you get that morphing bag? That's not one of my biggest fears, in fact, I seldom think about it. Getting my purse through metal detectors--that I worry about. I don't know what might be in it. The last time I went to the courthouse here the officer scanned it and asked me "Isn't that kitchen sink pretty heavy?"

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Okay to me this is very STUPID! I have a nephew in prison here in Bama. My Brother sends this jerk money to be put on his BOOKS every d@mn month.I can see wanting a soda ect.. when you want one but what is up with this? Every three months the STATE has a SALE that is called a Incentive Package. The locked down FOOLS then fill out this form and mail it home to get goodies like tee shirts and batteries ect. I just do not understand why a F#<%ing criminal thinks they should get GIFT's from their family EVERY three months of the D@MN year! Do you get a SHIP load of free stuff from your family every three months?<br />
    Don't get me wrong, my nephew was none violent and only hurt himself by doing what he did to get put where he deserves to be. I have went out of my way to be sure he does get a nice Christmas Incentive Package every year. To me that is more than enough and all that he deserves. This four packages a year CRAP is just plane STUPID!

I'm with you, Jeff. While my dad was alive he would send every penny he could scrape up to my brother and his slut. If they were in jail/prison he would send the maximum. If they were out all they had to do was phone and he'd bust his butt to get to Western Union. Of course they always lied about why they needed money.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Jaderail said:
    You on lunch or something Marucs? Last I read you was at work.

Lol, I was, Nightshift at the Uni... For a saturday it was super quiet!

Oh yeah, your one of those uniformed folks. You keep all the normal folks safe and the weirdo's try to act normal around you.

No! I have not been drinking. It's a clove cigarette I swear!!

Totally. Although when the weidos are trying to act normal, it's generally very obvious!!! And ya see some very odd things!

Yeah, I know. But it's mostly the drunk ones I've run into that was the 'worst'. Obviously it's quiet where I am, so I'm lucky in this regard. The fun part was when I got a new car. I expected to get a Toyota IQ, but they gave me a van. Talk about looking down!! :coolgrin:
    The irony is that I don't have a car myself.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Jaderail said:
    My neck and shoulder hurts. I must have slept on it wrong.
    I suggest laying down in the bed to sleep. Doing head stands against the wall will always give you a neck cramp the next day. :smirk:

I actually slept on the bed instead of on the wall. You know, those hide away beds can be a pain in the neck also. Your not supposed to fold it back up into the wall after you lay down. That's just another neck cramp waiting to happen. :)

Did you see the same Ma & Pa Kettle movie that I saw?

I may try sleeping against the wall. My balance is bad though. Should I put a hook on the wall so I don't fall over?

edited December 1969

LOL you should have a random gangster in there with a bazooka lol

I clicked on the picture to see the bazooka, but didn't find anyone. Then reread the post, again! :lol:

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Jaderail said:

Oh yeah, your one of those uniformed folks. You keep all the normal folks safe and the weirdo's try to act normal around you.

Totally. Although when the weidos are trying to act normal, it's generally very obvious!!! And ya see some very odd things!

Yeah, I know. But it's mostly the drunk ones I've run into that was the 'worst'. Obviously it's quiet where I am, so I'm lucky in this regard. The fun part was when I got a new car. I expected to get a Toyota IQ, but they gave me a van. Talk about looking down!! :coolgrin:

Are you a fellow "Uniformed Folk" ? The drunk ones are generally of three categories: 1-Intoxicated and abusive/violent, 2-Intoxicated and Happy, 3-Intoxicated and very sick.

Something to add for the 'stupid thread', it's not uncommon to see the drunk peeing in car parks... And not just the men!! Very awkward since much of my work at the uni involves static duty in the car parks, I'm in a marked car parked obviously in the light, yet it doesnt deter them :roll: Thinking I need those blue disco lights lol

edited December 1969

LOL you should have a random gangster in there with a bazooka lol

I clicked on the picture to see the bazooka, but didn't find anyone. Then reread the post, again! :lol:

LOL I'm sure wendy will figure something out in future renders lol

@ Wendy - I still wanna see your bill boards you were talking about the other day... If they are TOO political for the threads you could PM me :cheese:

edited September 2012

The first Resident Evil-movie was the best of them all. Wish they'd stick closer to the games, though.

"The Walking Dead" is pretty good, though it's mixing a bit of reality-show into it. In a 'real' outbreak, infighting wouldn't exist. What would be the point?

I should have posted this earlier, but I forgot I had it!

Resident evil laser hall I made in 3ds max... It's so detailed it took over 3hrs to render a single frame... And I didn't re scale this for the forum either!! (It's a bit of a blend with the laser hall in RE3 aswell) If you look closely in the glass there's about 6 reflections of reflections of reflections lol

Originally I wanted to recreate the first laser hall in RE 1, with the stainless steel walls. It bumped the render time to 6hrs + and the reflections on the stainless steel totally didnt look right! The Glass by the way is a two way mirror! Believe it or not, you can make 2 way mirrors on 3ds max lol

EDIT: Added Low quality render of RE 1 Laser hall.

t3.jpg
    800 x 400 - 295K
    RE_E_HQ.jpg
    800 x 400 - 245K
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Are you a fellow "Uniformed Folk" ? The drunk ones are generally of three categories: 1-Intoxicated and abusive/violent, 2-Intoxicated and Happy, 3-Intoxicated and very sick.

Something to add for the 'stupid thread', it's not uncommon to see the drunk peeing in car parks... And not just the men!! Very awkward since much of my work at the uni involves static duty in the car parks, I'm in a marked car parked obviously in the light, yet it doesnt deter them :roll: Thinking I need those blue disco lights lol

Let me tell you a funny story from my neighborhood.

I live in a pretty decent neighborhood -- the incident I'm about to share is rare, which is why it sticks to my mind.

'kay, I live on the second floor (first floor being ground floor, for the record), and as people know by now I have some insomnia. It was around midnight I started to wander bedward, it was summer (so the balcony door was open), and I decided to read some before trying to fall asleep. Half an hour later I decided that enough was enough, and turned off the lights, and closed my eyes.

Suddenly, I heard loud rustling. Underneath my balcony is my downstairs neighbor's balcony (they're kinda connected via support structures), plus lots of shrubbery in full summer bloom. Rustle, rustle, rustle. It wasn't gentle rustling of, say, a cat, hare or even a dog going through the bushes, but like a bear trying to deal with the thickets.

It kept going. I was too lazy to get up from the bed to check out what it was, but I didn't need to; suddenly, I heard the voice of my neighbor saying, "Hey, would you mind going away, and back to your own home?" Rustle, rustle. A moment, two...

What I heard next was this watery tinkle, like a stream of water hitting metal. Suddenly I realized -- there was some drunk dude outside of my neighbor's window, and at first he had tried to fall asleep in the bushes and grass, then he got up and he was now peeing on the window.

I bounced up from my bed when I heard the front door of the apartment complex closing; I grabbed my t-shirt, slipped it on, and then ran to grab Maglite off the shelf plus my cell phone; finally, I made my way to the balcony. I remained hidden until my neighbor came into view; when he did, I popped up and shone the light on the drunken perp, who was back to rustling in the bushes, trying to sleep there -- even if he had just pissed on the area where he was trying to sleep. He swiftly got up, and my neighbor was shooing him away, while at the same moment making a call to the police. I kept him in spotlight of my torch, which was enough to assure that he wouldn't try any funny business -- he was like deer caught in headlights, until he decided that the best idea is to make his getaway pretty much where my light can't follow AND away from my neighbor, which suited me just fine.

The boys and gals in blue arrived only couple of minutes later, took a brief incident statement, canvassed the neighborhood, and whaddaya know, they did find the dude, and hauled him to drunk tank to sober up.

edited September 2012

What a tool! HE peed on the window... that's just an insult!! PS Maglights are the best item of choice in security. In aus to get even a batton you must fork out a substancial amout of money to the goverment as well as pay money to a training provider... And then you have huge amount of lawfull restrictions that you didnt have with out the nightstick! So maglights ARE our batons in security in Australia (If necessary of course)

I'm very suprised the cops got him. Our cops would just take a statement and then vanish to never hear from them again! But I guess they got bigger priorities.

Edit: Changed I to HE LOL typo

edited December 1969

Dunno, it did not seem surprising to me, since the guy was seven sheets to the wind, and possibly on something else than just plain alcohol as well. Plus, drunk people on his level tend to be easy enough to spot. :lol:

edited September 2012

Definately... I had a bunch of kids who later had grafitied a car, who walked right up to the security car to suss me out. Then passed me a seccond time (This time with hoods up) then third time at a distance with their hoodies inside out!!! Seriously! Do they think we're all that gullable!! Btw, to arrest ppl in aus you MUST catch them in the act otherwise there is no grounds to arrest them (Suspicion is not acceptable) and you'd be charged yourself for unlawfull arrest.

edited December 1969

Well there's a very good reason why in my neck of woods -- Finland, that is -- severely drunk people are occasionally collected (especially when they're drunk on that level as that guy and walking solo) and brought over to drunk tank to sober up and if they did nothing bad, let off with a verbal or written warning.

Winter.

Pass out in snow? You'll die. Even if you woke up briefly to realize that "oh ****, I'm sleeping in snow", there's a chance that by then you're so weakened that all you can think of next is "so tired... I'll just close my eyes for a moment..." and that's the last thought crossing your mind before death happens.

It can be pretty spotty in spring too, as winter may decide to sneak back and drop a load of snow over the area, or temperature will dip below freezing point without a warning (sans snow). Summer and autumn? Well... even summers can get dangerously cold at times, especially if it rains.

Not to mention the nasty possibility of choking on vomit or just whatever is under their head at the time.

Sooo... better that they get collected to a safer place which is warm and monitored, than let people die out in cold.

edited December 1969

Priorities vary internationally, and as you mentioned... You can see why. I wouldn't like to be working nightshift in wour part of the world! It's cold enough here atm with what we call winter! Thankfully In my part of NSW Aus it doesn't snow!!!

edited December 1969

Say... Hows that render coming? from last night that you mentioned before you vanished from the forums

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

Priorities vary internationally, and as you mentioned... You can see why. I wouldn't like to be working nightshift in wour part of the world! It's cold enough here atm with what we call winter! Thankfully In my part of NSW Aus it doesn't snow!!!

If you ever get a yearning for snow, you could always visit the original South Wales, We get quite lots, and are always happy to share
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

If you ever get a yearning for snow, you could always visit the original South Wales, We get quite lots, and are always happy to share

That's very generous of you thanks lol! I'll keep that in mind for a vacation but perhaps not for security nightshifts haha!

edited September 2012

Yes you could come acroos peeps like this in the dark.

BTW this was our winter sprouting brocoli, before it got snowzimilated last winter.

diff_snowman_close.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 664K
    edited December 1969

Haha! I like. Never come across those perps before lol love the smilie too

edited December 1969

He did get a bit scarier

diff_snowman_small_2.png
    344 x 315 - 119K
    edited December 1969

Haha! That's a Halloween snow broccoli lol looks like you had fun with him lol he needs a bow tie lol

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Jaderail said:

Yeah. Usually no.2. And I've seen the women peeing as well... :red:

edited December 1969

Oh good its not just me and the crazy drunk Australians lol!

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited December 1969

That is a good one chohole :D

edited December 1969

Yeah. Rendering 3D graphics seems a lot more sane than patrolling.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/4965272937/in/set-72157625875878503

4965272937_1ec872eb5e_z.jpg
    640 x 512 - 66K
    edited September 2012

Even us non uniformed peeps get to see some sights sometimes.

I was a contract manager, my patch was the Royal Parks. One Saturday mornign I was drivng along a footpath when I was stopped by a concerned member of the public (well my little van did say "Company Name, Working for the Royal Parks") so I was used to stopping and helping peeps.

In this case a streaker was reported, I drove round the corner, and yes sure enough, there he was, 8:30 on a chill Saturday morning, strollin quite unconcernedly down the path in front of me. I phoned the Park Police, and was aksed byt the duty sergeant to keep an eye on him and report his progress. She did phone me back, so RPC took the cost of the moblile phone call, and I slowly trailed this guy, updating his direction and position, as they moved in from severlal directions to apprehend him.

Was really funny, as I was hearing the police radio messages as well as the Sergeant, relayed over my mobile phone, and some of the commentary had me creased up with laughter, especially the comments from the WPCs. (not at all complimentary about his "euqipment" I can tell you.

edited December 1969

That is hallarious!!!! I feel for you in that moment of horror lol. Hahahahaha!!! Wonder if the cops had you following him for a laugh lol

edited December 1969

Yeah. Rendering 3D graphics seems a lot more sane than patrolling.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/4965272937/in/set-72157625875878503

That render is a bute!! Looks really good. :) the lighting makes it so real. And yes rendering is alot more sane than patolling sometimes lol

edited December 1969

No it was quite a serious operation. This was in Hyde Park, middle of Central London, and always popular with the tourists of all ages and nationalities.

I often worked closely with the RPC (Royal Parks Police) as it is surprising how many times a cleaning contractor comes across things they need to know about. And of course my cleaners cleanded their police station amongst other buildings. The duty sergeant did ask if I minded following him, and as soon as they had him in sight of their offivcers they told me I could stand down.

But they did need my keeping an eye till they got units in place, as easy to lose someone in a Park, lots of pathways going in different directions, and places to hide.

This discussion has been closed.