Looking for a great Skin and Makeup Tutorial

Hi!

Where can I find a great tutorial explaining how to use/create makeup and modify skin? Or any really good trainning on DAZ.

I have this character I like a lot but the eye shaow I want is on another character and I don't seem to be able to use it ... I would like to know how to mix and match the makup between character whitout bringing the face skin under the makeup! ;-)

Thanks a lot

Comments

• ps2000ps2000 Posts: 278
    edited May 2021

Mixing makeup is often not advisable. Especially the lipstick often doesn't fit another character exactly and you often recognise it only after rendering. Furthermore the eye shadow/make up often comes with the skin map of the respective character. So your character suddenly has the facial skin of the other character.I think there is no way (at least no easy way), to separate the eye shadow from the underlying skin texture if it comes that way. 

Applying the eye shadow should be easy. Go into the material folder and double click the make up you want while keeping the character you want to apply it to selected. 

You could  also buy a make up set which you can apply to all characters. 

https://www.daz3d.com/essential-makeup-for-genesis-8-female

To further improve the skin (make it look more natural) I recommend using a skin shader like altern8 or anagenesis2.

Sickleyield did a great tutorial explaining the different skin settings regarding iray. Google it, I don't know if I am allowed to post a link. It's on deviantart. 

Post edited by ps2000 on
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

LIE maps are maps you can put "over" the current character, its a term you can research perhaps.

• FairytaleFairytale Posts: 14

Paintbox said:

LIE maps are maps you can put "over" the current character, its a term you can research perhaps.

Thanks for the vocabulary ... it will help!