Questions on: Alicia Hair and Grecian Hair for Victoria, both for V2 and V1

BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,368
edited December 1969 in The Commons

These two items are "old", it appears, for V1 and V2.

I would have thought that by now, they would be PC items.

Also, apparently there is very little, to no use for them these days, as you cannot even buy V1 or V2 any longer.

Still, they are charming hair sets.

Can they be modified by the seller to be compatiable with V3 and V4?

Or is it possible to modify them after purchasing them?

I have noticed a number of items sold for V1 and V2 and I have wondered if these were simply forgotten over time.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

R

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2014

Products don't become PC items just because they are older products. The first one is not even a DO, it is a PA item

As these are both conforming hair products they would be somewhat difficult to convert at this late stage in their life, methinks, as they are around 12 years old.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,577
    edited December 1969

You could probably use the hairs simply by scaling them and parenting them to the ehad of your chosen figure (and in DS, using a smoothing modifier with collision to deal with any minor poke-through - Poser users may need to use magnets to finish up).

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,577
    edited December 1969

If you are a Poser user you might want to look at this http://www.daz3d.com/hair-conversion-system-ii-for-victoria-4 and other sets from the same series (they should work in DS, but are less needed).

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

I thought I had Grecian Hair for Victoria, but it turns out I don't. However, I DO have a "+Hair Fit V3.pz2" that comes with The Greek Bath ( http://www.daz3d.com/the-greek-bath , and while I can't test it to be sure, it appears from the product description and picture that it matches one of the two styles of Grecian Hair. So, if for some reason you also wanted to purchase the Greek Bath product, looks like you'd get a V3 hair fit with it automatically. Or, you could just try to do it manually yourself; presumably it would require parenting the hair instead of fitting it, then adjusting the position and scale slightly to fit better; I have been able to do this with other products in the past without too much trouble, although it can be a bit tricky around the ears.

You could try to manually fit Alicia Hair too, but given the nature of it (cornrows with lots and lots of scalp showing) it might be really hard or impossible without further modifying it with dformers if the curve of V3 or V4's head doesn't exactly line up (I don't know if it does or not.)

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

I thought I had Grecian Hair for Victoria, but it turns out I don't. However, I DO have a "+Hair Fit V3.pz2" that comes with The Greek Bath ( http://www.daz3d.com/the-greek-bath , and while I can't test it to be sure, it appears from the product description and picture that it matches one of the two styles of Grecian Hair. So, if for some reason you also wanted to purchase the Greek Bath product, looks like you'd get a V3 hair fit with it automatically. Or, you could just try to do it manually yourself; presumably it would require parenting the hair instead of fitting it, then adjusting the position and scale slightly to fit better; I have been able to do this with other products in the past without too much trouble, although it can be a bit tricky around the ears.

You could try to manually fit Alicia Hair too, but given the nature of it (cornrows with lots and lots of scalp showing) it might be really hard or impossible without further modifying it with dformers if the curve of V3 or V4's head doesn't exactly line up (I don't know if it does or not.)

You are right, Sean. It says:

"INJ & REM for V3
    Marble MAT-files for V3 and the Grecian Style Hair"

Perhaps, if one had both products, they could use the fit on V3, save it and then fit the hair to Genesis (provided they also have Generation 3 Iconic Shapes or at least V3 M3 Shapes).

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384
    edited December 1969

as you cannot even buy V1 or V2 any longer

I seem to keep running into this and, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, while the Victoria 2 upgrade is no longer offered for some reason, Victoria (or Victoria 1/Millenium Woman) still is:

http://www.daz3d.com/people/millennium-woman-victoria-1

• BendinggrassBendinggrass Posts: 1,368
    edited December 1969

SixDs said:
    as you cannot even buy V1 or V2 any longer

I seem to keep running into this and, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, while the Victoria 2 upgrade is no longer offered for some reason, Victoria (or Victoria 1/Millenium Woman) still is:

http://www.daz3d.com/people/millennium-woman-victoria-1

You are right.
    I found it just before I read your post.

Thanks to all for the information. It is a great help.
    I like the Grecian hair as it has a very realistic look to it, but I would like something more modern designed for V4 or V6.

Thanks again.

edited December 1969

Products don't become PC items just because they are older products.

Yes, true.
    I phrased it that way because there was a thread with Stonemason where he was talking with customers about some of his old products... it was suggested he keep them available in the future but as PC items, rather than eleminate them entirely from the catalogue.

edited December 1969

But I still wonder what is the point of keeping V1 in the catalogue as I assume most are now using later generations.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

It's not that the hair file is totally useless. Through the years I've seen several fit files for various older hairs for some third party more toonish figures who rarely have much hair of their own. Perhaps it still gets a sale or two because of that.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

But I still wonder what is the point of keeping V1 in the catalogue as I assume most are now using later generations.

Especially as V1 doesn't have the morphs, V2 had ... *sniff for others - I have her*

• I'm looking at the Grecian Hair, so I found this thread and thought I'd point out that V3 has a V3-to-V2 option that can wear all of the V2 items and seems to take V2 mats just fine. Since V2 is basically an upgraded V1, it could be said that both are still available in their best form.