What are the oldest purchases in your product library?

2»

Comments

• mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412

I must've immediately joined the Plat Club on discovering the site because I first have a whole bunch of fantasy, animals, and Mil2/Mil3 stuff that was part of multiple PC anniversary packs. That was rather overwhelming for raw newbie me. I even remember my very first render: V3, with the free UpDo hair in the MFD and posed, which led to leg poking through the skirt. But t I didn't care because "Look Ma! I made a render!!"

My first purchase was the Manor House and Trinity Atrium on 10-21-2007 -- and this one certainly kicked off my decade-plus addiction. :)

first-real-daz-order_Nov-03-2007.jpg
    1224 x 676 - 559K
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,146
    edited February 2021

JVRenderer said:

My oldest purchase came on a CD : Victoria (aka Millennium Woman), Yup, I got it in the mail 

IIRC, the first Zygote (pre-Daz3D) product I ever bought was the Buck and a few other things. Came on a CD that I got in the mail. Millie (Vicky 1) wasn't even a twinkle in someone's eye quite yet ;) We were all still using Posette and Dork at the time :P

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,825

My first purchase was on May 19, 2001 for Victoria 2 SKU 83

• Do we include the Zygote stuff? If so then it was probably the muscular man thing they had on a CD. Daz stuff it would have to be Michael 1 I am guessing. There are some other things like the Gremlin textures and panthers that might have come earlier but it gets blurry in the accounts. August 2000

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,656
    edited February 2021

ShelLuser said:

Fun thread!  However I can't help wonder if you guys aren't ignoring something obvious here ;)

See, my first purchase (I obviously looked it up) dates back to the 13th of August 2013 and it was for.... "Daz Studio 4.x Pro", for a massive $ 0.00! cheeky

But... while writing this I realize that I'm also overlooking something here: there's more than DS around and the market also sells stuff which is usable in other software as well surprise

Anyway, my first purchases were a bunch of freebies but then I got more serious and grabbed some more stuff: Hexagon 2.5 for $19,95, Bryce 7 Pro for $ 19,95 and the Elven dress for Genesis. Truth be told I was still very much the newbie back then (obviously) and I didn't really know what to get. However, eventually I read up some more (I think I also asked some questions here) and bought 2 more things that day which really helped me get started: the Genesis starter bundle as well as the Anime Manga starter bundle.

I suppose this is also where my appreciation for Genesis came from: that's how I got started with all this.

...I picked up Hexagon 2.5 when it was "on sale" for 74.50$ (originally 149$). I also had voucher credit (something no longer offered) and a coupon that knocked it down to just under 30$.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • QuasarQuasar Posts: 581

I haven't looked that far back at my first orders in a long time. The first ones were free in 2005; they are listed as DAZStudio_2.3.3.146 (was that really the version number that was out then?), Victoria 3.0 Base and Michael 3.0 Base. The first paid order was for Castle, which is a brown castle with a red roof. I got the M3 and V3 morphs for $29.95 each soon after that.

• SolitarySandpiperSolitarySandpiper Posts: 468
    edited February 2021

Anybody got any examples of renders or are some of these so old they were actually rendered onto stone? (IAS i would love to see everyone's oldest renders)

My first purchase is still one of my favorite her name is Anakku and i remember her with fondness ...it was back in the early days of lockdown.

Anakku portrait.png
    800 x 800 - 463K
    Post edited by SolitarySandpiper on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Studio 3.1

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,090
    edited February 2021

Quasar said:

The first ones were free in 2005; they are listed as DAZStudio_2.3.3.146 (was that really the version number that was out then?)

No, the product name of that item was updated with each new version released.

Depending when you got it in 2005 it was either one of the 0.x betas or a 1.x, as DS 1.0 was released in fall 2005. DS 2.0 was released in 2008 IIRC.

Post edited by Leana on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,295
    edited February 2021

They Are To Real Oct 21, 2002

Dazs Michael,Victoria,Preteen Vicki, shadow of Millenium Dragon.
    Mike & Vickis clothes Antons Adventurers
    Mikes hair Wedge cut from Daz
    Vickis Hair San Fransisco Hair By Jim Burton
    Preteen Vickis Hair Daz Updo
    Clothes Gladiator dress & bikini bottom
    Top Bubble bikini top from PoserWorld
    Background from Poser 3D Worldkit by Harvey Mann

Done in Poser 5

This was for a contest that the rules stated you had to use a dragon but the dragon itself couldn't be visiable 

They Are To Real.jpg
    674 x 814 - 308K
    Post edited by Robert Freise on
  • Like a few others, my first was for the original Victoria figure and probably a hardo and some clothes. Daz isn't letting me look at the order now for some reason, but I assume it was probably a CD like some of the others suggested. That order was placed in March of 2001. 

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 581

Leana said:

Quasar said:

The first ones were free in 2005; they are listed as DAZStudio_2.3.3.146 (was that really the version number that was out then?)

No, the product name of that item was updated with each new version released.

Depending when you got it in 2005 it was either one of the 0.x betas or a 1.x, as DS 1.0 was released in fall 2005. DS 2.0 was released in 2008 IIRC.

That makes more sense. I knew I was using earlier versions than that. It must have been the betas because it was in January of 2005. I forgot a lot about those early days.

• I did start with DS 0.7.something no later than September 2005. Well, that's the date of my first DS image at Rendo and my second image there. Even at that point I was talking about displacement strength, and Poser 4 doesn't have displacement values.
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,146
    edited February 2021

One of my oldest renders that I actually managed to keep. Zygote/Daz triggerfish (my own textures) rendered in Vue (something). Probably circa 2000/2001

reefrivals.jpg
    600 x 445 - 138K
    Post edited by AllenArt on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

...ok now I'm thinking of starting a "Show us your InfiniD renders" thread...

laugh

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,263
    edited March 2021

My earliest renders from a commercial package were in RayDream5.5 (ancestor to Carrara) on a Win98 system, probably about 1999.  I remember I tried to create a castle by making a couple shapes of bricks and then replicating them and assembling them manually.  I very quickly discovered computational limits of my computer.frown

Although I did render some animated wireframe objects back in the mid-'70s via my own software on a half milion dollars of equipment at the Kennedy Space Center. (your taxes at work)smiley

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited March 2021

That takes me back I had several versions of RayDream, TrueSpace 3D,as well as one that was strictly DOS based that I can't remember the name of.

Also had Canoma

Post edited by Robert Freise on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,304

The first order I spent money on:

IDG Vibrant Light Probes    57305    $9.95    $0.00    $0.00
    PTF Crystal Drop Earrings    57273    $9.95    $0.00    $0.00
    Makayla HD for Genesis 8 Female    57233    $18.95    $13.27    $0.00
    Bryce 7 Pro    11034    $19.95    $0.00    $0.00

The first render I posted to the gallery:

How You Doin'

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562

Robert Freise said:

That takes me back I had several versions of RayDream, TrueSpace 3D,as well as one that was strictly DOS based that I can't remember the name of.

Also had Canoma

Oh man, Canoma. I completely forgot about that one...  I went to a Metacreations event in Ojai, CA when they announced it was in final development. They demoed an early release and I was salivating over it...  Until I saw the price tag. If I remember correctly it was +$100 in 1999, which was outside of my budget. By the time I was ready to buy, Metacreations was no more.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,263
    edited March 2021

Robert Freise said:

Also had Canoma

I think I tested RayDream5.5 on Windows7 a couple years ago.  Worked just fine.smiley  I still have the original box & CD & manual and various patches.  I'm kind of curious to see if it still runs on Windows10.  Perhaps in compatability mode.  It's a little dated but holds lots of memories.yes

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • RagazzineRagazzine Posts: 99

Morph Loader and D-Form Plugin from 2006-04-22. They are the oldest products in the loit. Before that were three orders, one for Studio 2.3.3 and another for Aiko 3.0 Base and Michael 3.0 base and the third for Victoria 3.0 base. There are 1321 orders on the list. I think I would rather not have known that.

Ragazzine said:

Morph Loader and D-Form Plugin from 2006-04-22. They are the oldest products in the loit. Before that were three orders, one for Studio 2.3.3 and another for Aiko 3.0 Base and Michael 3.0 base and the third for Victoria 3.0 base. There are 1321 orders on the list. I think I would rather not have known that.

Coud be worse I have  4145 

• RagazzineRagazzine Posts: 99

Robert Freise said:

Ragazzine said:

Yes, that would be worse. Much worse. Very much worse.  Probably almost the worsest. 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,304

Ragazzine said:

Robert Freise said:

Ragazzine said:

Yes, that would be worse. Much worse. Very much worse.  Probably almost the worsest. 

Paging @cybersox.

Ragazzine said:

Robert Freise said:

Ragazzine said:

Actually it's worse as there are older orders that aren't listed 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,501

Vicki's Dance Club Collection 2001-12-09 8:31:31 AM
    BUT, I already had V1 at that time, so it must have been earlier than that. I already had M1 as well. 
    also on same order : Victoria's Sweater & Skirt Mappak and Skirt & Sweater Set for Victoria. all by Jim Burton