(Released!) Vellus Horizon Shader System USER GUIDE IN COMMENTS

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

One of the things I've never messed with, had no need to. I considered it a possibility so wondered. I've also noted that some have had issues with some geosell products/features; I didn't really note which, as it didn't concern me at the time.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,236

G8.1 Male and Female have the G8.0 torso material zone split up into two new materials - Head and Body, which have a different UV (G8.1 UV).

So if you have a geoshell that uses the G8.0 torso, you just need to change the UV for the body and head material zones to to the G8 Base Female/Male UV and then use the Torso maps for both Head and Body material zones, and they will work fine.

• Oooh!! I can't wait!  I'm in...

• ThyranqThyranq Posts: 584

lilweep said:

G8.1 Male and Female have the G8.0 torso material zone split up into two new materials - Head and Body, which have a different UV (G8.1 UV).

So if you have a geoshell that uses the G8.0 torso, you just need to change the UV for the body and head material zones to to the G8 Base Female/Male UV and then use the Torso maps for both Head and Body material zones, and they will work fine.

Precisely!

And I'd like to second @lilweep 's suggestion to include that in the product, then you can proudly tote that it works on G8 AND G8.1! Which should equal more moula for you, and will appeal to all of the G8 users regardless of which figure they prefer to use. 

• lilweep said:

You do realise you can change the UV set of a geoshell independent of the UV set of the underlying mesh, right?

E.g., you can apply the geoshell to 8.1, then change the geoshell's UV to base female/base male.

So this is 100% compatible with G8.1...

Or am i missing something?  Pretty sure i posted this earlier but maybe i didnt.

EDIT: So you might as well include a material preset for G8.1 on release, using the G8 base female UV, to avoid limiting your own sales... imo

I did not realize that, thank you for educating me! It seems I'm always learning something new you can do in Studio. :)

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

those promos look *amazing*.  i am so looking forward to this release. 

(i came so close to all-capping just now, you wouldn't believe it...)

:)

j

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

This is the best Vellus Hair product I've seen. I can't wait for it to come out! 

• And in my card... finally laugh

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Woohoo! Hit my cart soon as I seen it.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,850

I hope to see many, many renders, because of the huge interest in the system, so far.

Please delight me and the others with your images, preferably non postworked ones.

• Just tried the system and was a bit confused first. With geoshell etc. Maybe it is a good idea to make a List from 1 to 4 with all the neccessary steps to create that look. I know it is in the description, but you should put that in the product as a Documentation with steps... Just my opinion. Will post a render as soon it's finished... ;-)

• Well, that's weird. I don't see it in the store. Even when I'm logged out completely, or I uncheck, "Hide products I own". 

• It's here: https://www.daz3d.com/iray-vellus-horizon-shader-system-for-genesis-8-female - just not in the store search... strange.

• Lothar Weber said:

It's here: https://www.daz3d.com/iray-vellus-horizon-shader-system-for-genesis-8-female - just not in the store search... strange.

Hmmmm...good to know, thanks. Looks like a small problem.

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611
    edited February 2021

First test with that - think it's great. Still need to understand the shader settings... wink

Post edited by Lothar Weber on
  • Lothar Weber said:

First test with that - think it's great. Still need to understand the shader settings... wink

Wow! That looks great! 

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,800
    edited February 2021

Got it, played with it, love it. Very useful, ... but... it needs work on your own.
    1) It doesn't come with a pre-existing geo shell. You'll have to attach one from your menue.
    2) The shell mesh offset is not set by the "Vellus Horizon !!Geoshell Prep". You'll have to do it yourself. The default is 0.1, but 0.001 is better.
    3) anatomical elements are not included. There is a quick fix for that.
    Select the "Genesis8FemaleGenitalia_Geoshell" shader from the geoshell_shell_visability_surface in your surface tab and apply a DAZ uber shader to it. Copy the surface shader from "Torso" to "Genesis8FemaleGenitalia_Geoshell" and set in Geometry the UV set to "Base Female UV".
    Once done, everything is perfect. Love it.

Post edited by Masterstroke on
  • Those ThingsThose Things Posts: 1,113
    edited February 2021

Masterstroke said:

Got it, played with it, love it. Very useful, ... but... it needs work on your own.
    1) It doesn't come with a pre-existing geo shell. You'll have to attach one from your menue.
    2) The shell mesh offset is not set by the "Vellus Horizon !!Geoshell Prep". You'll have to do it yourself. The default is 0.1, but 0.01 is better.
    Select the shader from the geoshell_shell_visability_surface in your surface tab and apply a DAZ uber shader to it. Copy the surface shader from "Torso" to "Genesis8FemaleGenitalia_Geoshell" and set in Geometry the UV set to "Base Female UV".

Hmmm...I just tested it, and the geoshell prep works fine, adjusting the mesh offset to 0.01 as it should. Maybe try reinstalling, and see if that fixes it.

ETA: Forgot to add, I didn't include vellus hair for the anatomical bits, because I learned during my research for the products that humans don't have vellus hair there. I didn't really think about the non-human possibilities, so thank you for finding a workaround!

Post edited by Those Things on
  • Those Things said:

Masterstroke said:

2) The shell mesh offset is not set by the "Vellus Horizon !!Geoshell Prep". You'll have to do it yourself. The default is 0.1, but 0.01 is better.
    Select the shader from the geoshell_shell_visability_surface in your surface tab and apply a DAZ uber shader to it. Copy the surface shader from "Torso" to "Genesis8FemaleGenitalia_Geoshell" and set in Geometry the UV set to "Base Female UV".

Hmmm...I just tested it, and the geoshell prep works fine, adjusting the mesh offset to 0.01 as it should. Maybe try reinstalling, and see if that fixes it.

ETA: Forgot to add, I didn't include vellus hair for the anatomical bits, because I learned during my research for the products that humans don't have vellus hair there. I didn't really think about the non-human possibilities, so thank you for finding a workaround!

My bad. It does load at 0.01, but I do think 0.001 would be better. 

Quote: "because I learned during my research for the products that humans don't have vellus hair there."
    I will do first hand researches on that. wink

How ever love this product.

• Masterstroke said:

Those Things said:

Masterstroke said:

My bad. It does load at 0.01, but I do think 0.001 would be better. 

Quote: "because I learned during my research for the products that humans don't have vellus hair there."
    I will do first hand researches on that. wink

How ever love this product.

laugh 

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

How much trouble is it to use this on G8.1F?

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611
    edited February 2021

Sigurd said:

How much trouble is it to use this on G8.1F?

Just trying out... Render is on the way to be finished - seems to work without any issues! laugh

Post edited by Lothar Weber on
  • Just finished with G8.1 Base and Emmeline Settings - But i think she got hair on her teeth?? surprise

• Lothar Weber said:

Just finished with G8.1 Base and Emmeline Settings - But i think she got hair on her teeth?? surprise

Weird! I just ran it on a G 8.1 with the geoshell's UV set to Base Female to check. No hair on the teeth, so I don't know what's happening here!  

Teeth Test.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1010K
  • Maybe my fault... Maybe it's still a good idea to update the product with a documentation of the single steps and maybe a geoshell so the steps are easier to do.

BUT... incredible product. The realistic ever in my opinion heart

• Lothar Weber said:

Maybe my fault... Maybe it's still a good idea to update the product with a documentation of the single steps and maybe a geoshell so the steps are easier to do.

BUT... incredible product. The realistic ever in my opinion heart

Oh man, thank you! I'm glad you like it! And thank you for the suggestions, as well. 

• Those ThingsThose Things Posts: 1,113
    edited February 2021

Here's a guide for anyone who doesn't want to wait for this to be in an update!

Vellus Horizon Instructions.jpg
    2008 x 4986 - 2M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • laugh Great one! Aaaaaand fast!! yes

• Lothar Weber said:

laugh Great one! Aaaaaand fast!! yes

I aim to please! devil