Bryce Animation Brain Dump (Was "Key-Flame: A.M.L. (Basic Intro)")

1234568»

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,154
    edited December 1969

Oroboros said:
    Good luck with the paths thing! I've no idea what David and Horo are using for a Tru-3D camera rig but, like most things they do, I'm sure it works. Oh, and thx for the appreciation, happy to help :)

The anaglyph lens system consists of a few grouped primitives that must be parented to the perspective camera. Here is one of my breathtaking :red: animations using that lens http://www.horo.ch/raytracing/gal/ani/a0682.swf though the object is rotated and the camera stable.
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited January 2015

That's super, Horo...and a great product.

A suggestion to viewers: extend out your hand to your monitor and below the rotating object so that is looks like it's actually floating above it....very cool.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Horo: That's a real neat image. I thought, for a moment, I was seeing something abnormal on the object until I realized is was an added object. Nice work.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,028
    edited December 1969

I’m posting this here too, a render using David’s Recipes for Horo’s TE Filter program post #17 the one with the Warped Ridges and Mudcracks in a hope that Oroboros, Dave or Jay will see it and comment with some tips on improving it.

Animated Cascade

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/504192120760103870/

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693
    edited January 2017

Wow, I swear I'd responded to your reponse to my query Oroboros! but in looking for some other info today, I happened upon this and no such response is present! Urg.

I solved my problem with your advice, and it worked perfectly. It's been a while, but I believe I needed the two-point 'path' to exist as a standalone entity that I could group/parent and move around - and have things parented to as well. Sort of a portable (in 3-space) pole with a sphere that could be constrained to slide up and down its length, and have the camera(s) track it for a consistent and intentional convergence point through an animation. It worked in my tests, but life got in the way of the intended project for a while.

Anyway, thanks if you are still reading this forum, and again, I'm certain your legacy of information and humor is appreciated by all who happen upon it!

cheers,

--ms

Post edited by mindsong on