Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on II

Comments

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

Not sure if this was mentioned but suddenly I get a ton of emails telling me every time something in my wishlist is in anyone’s gallery image. How do I disable this? Thanks. 

• AtiAti Posts: 9,081

Wonderland said:

Not sure if this was mentioned but suddenly I get a ton of emails telling me every time something in my wishlist is in anyone’s gallery image. How do I disable this? Thanks. 

Options page -> Gallery notifications -> Off

Sync your wishlist after doing this so our server knows about this change.

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    edited December 2021

i tried to follow the thread, hope i don'z double post...

now this is weird. i labeled recent products i got in the advent freebies, first one on the product page then in the product library once the category was created. and i only use the sign + for wishlisted items as in +veryneeded, and otherwise generally the hashtag for categories like #props, #hair, #figures, #makeup etc, and rarely the * for special stuff wishlisted by theme like *asian. so yeah, i wouldn't use the + for something i just saw the same day witjout wishlisting cuz it was a freebie i put directly in my cart.

i have labeled 2 #makeup and 1 #jewelery products from those freebies, and what's weird is that when i look in shop view / checkbox "only show owned", like all my figures etc, i see various G8 items i purchased, including the 3 i already labeled - but those 3 have an empty red band as if i had used a + tag...

2021-12-29 02_54_57-Daz 3D.jpg
    839 x 724 - 371K
    Post edited by manekiNeko on

Ati said:

Wonderland said:

It is off and there’s no “Sync Wishlist” button in Firefox like there is in Edge and I have my email set on Firefox. There is also no “Get email notifications” on the wishlist page like there is on Edge. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

What does :"Add wishlist buttons to category pages" do? I have it checked, but I don't see any buttons to add an item to my wishlist. Maybe I don't know what "category pages" are. Firefox on Windows 10, Daz Deals 3.01

Wonderland said:

Ati said:

Wonderland said:

It is off and there’s no “Sync Wishlist” button in Firefox like there is in Edge and I have my email set on Firefox. There is also no “Get email notifications” on the wishlist page like there is on Edge. 

If the addon is not working for you in Firefox, please try the workarounds: disabling "Allow comments/labels on all products" and if that doesn't work, toggling the private browsing availability.

manekiNeko said:

i tried to follow the thread, hope i don'z double post...

now this is weird. i labeled recent products i got in the advent freebies, first one on the product page then in the product library once the category was created. and i only use the sign + for wishlisted items as in +veryneeded, and otherwise generally the hashtag for categories like #props, #hair, #figures, #makeup etc, and rarely the * for special stuff wishlisted by theme like *asian. so yeah, i wouldn't use the + for something i just saw the same day witjout wishlisting cuz it was a freebie i put directly in my cart.

i have labeled 2 #makeup and 1 #jewelery products from those freebies, and what's weird is that when i look in shop view / checkbox "only show owned", like all my figures etc, i see various G8 items i purchased, including the 3 i already labeled - but those 3 have an empty red band as if i had used a + tag...

Recent store UI changes (that forced us to rush out this release) could have messed up some of our product labels. We'll be taking a closer look at these once things settle.

barbult said:

What does :"Add wishlist buttons to category pages" do? I have it checked, but I don't see any buttons to add an item to my wishlist. Maybe I don't know what "category pages" are. Firefox on Windows 10, Daz Deals 3.01

Category pages mean the store and sales pages. It looks like the store UI change messed up this feature, too—it used to work fine before. On the list it goes, thank you for mentioning.

Ati said:

Wonderland said:

Ati said:

Wonderland said:

If the addon is not working for you in Firefox, please try the workarounds: disabling "Allow comments/labels on all products" and if that doesn't work, toggling the private browsing availability.

I have allow comments/labels off but I’m still getting gallery emails even though I have never turned on gallery notifications. It’s driving me crazy. I get several a day. 

• FantastArt said:

Ati said:

I'm reposting this before I go to sleep:

Known issues:

• Checkboxes still not appearing in new version for some people
    • Product library not fully functional after update to new version

Workaround:

• Please disable the "Allow comments/labels on all products" feature on the options page. This should bring back the checkboxes and the product library.

And we'll continue tomorrow.

Ok, this finally worked for me now

This worked for me, too.  In Firefox 95.0.2.

Wonderland said:

Ati said:

Wonderland said:

Ati said:

Wonderland said:

I have allow comments/labels off but I’m still getting gallery emails even though I have never turned on gallery notifications. It’s driving me crazy. I get several a day. 

If you're certain that none of the browser settings is signing you up for these, then simply unsubscribe from these notifications. You'll find an unsubscribe link at the bottom of every gallery notification. That will only unsubscribe you from these types of emails. (Keep in mind that if some setting is subscribing you back, you will get back on the list.)

• Joe2018Joe2018 Posts: 232

Sorry, English ist not my native language, so it maybe that I don't understand if the follow problems became adressed before:

I have problems in Edge and Chrome (I re-installed the add-on and cleared the Browser. In both cases. Also using the current Browser version in both cases):

- no Option to show "only wishlist" items (minor problem I can live with that)

- no Price history (whats a bigger problem)

Any hints what I can do? Or are these currently known problems?

• Ati said:

barbult said:

Category pages mean the store and sales pages. It looks like the store UI change messed up this feature, too—it used to work fine before. On the list it goes, thank you for mentioning.

I'm sorry you have so much trouble thanks to the store page changes... I just want to let you know that I only realize how much I love and use your extension now it doesn't work anymore for the new storefront UI format!

Thanks for all the work you put in to this awesome tool!

• daisuki.nekomusumedaisuki.nekomusume Posts: 84
    edited December 2021

Joe2018 said:

Sorry, English ist not my native language, so it maybe that I don't understand if the follow problems became adressed before:

I have problems in Edge and Chrome (I re-installed the add-on and cleared the Browser. In both cases. Also using the current Browser version in both cases):

- no Option to show "only wishlist" items (minor problem I can live with that)

- no Price history (whats a bigger problem)

Any hints what I can do? Or are these currently known problems?

Known problems..

DAZ changed the way the store UI works, and that broke most of the DazDeals plugin's features... All we can do is sit back and hope it gets fixed soon™

Doing this fixed both for me:

Workaround:

• Please disable the "Allow comments/labels on all products" feature on the options page. This should bring back the checkboxes and the product library.
    Post edited by daisuki.nekomusume on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063

I just realized the Hide Product from Listings is not working (probably hasn't been for a while) - Firefox 90.0.2, Daz Deals 3.0.1, Windows 10 pro.

namffuak said:

I just realized the Hide Product from Listings is not working (probably hasn't been for a while) - Firefox 90.0.2, Daz Deals 3.0.1, Windows 10 pro.

Nice catch. That fell prey to the new store design as well. On the to-do list it goes.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063

Ati said:

namffuak said:

Nice catch. That fell prey to the new store design as well. On the to-do list it goes.

Apologies for not reporting sooner- the old laptop died and I didn't realize I'd lost the hidden items list. I discovered that yesterday, hid a raft of items - and they didn't hide. frown

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395

namffuak said:

ha! i had actually total forgotten about this feature - guess i never assimilated its existence, really. or never had that many items i wanted gone.
    thanks for reminding me - because once it works again, i'll FINALLY be able to hide that darn chicken >_<

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,745
    edited January 2022

I had an update to Google Chrome this morning, Version 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (x86_64) and it seems to have disabled the Daz Deals Browser completely. I checked on another computer that has not been updated and the Daz Deals Browser is working fine there. 

And I really needed the links to forum threads for an old product today.

That explains why I also couldn't see my wishlist selection option earlier.

Mary

Edit to add: I am on an iMac, with MacOS Catalina V. 10.15.7

Post edited by memcneil70 on

memcneil70 said:

I had an update to Google Chrome this morning, Version 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (x86_64) and it seems to have disabled the Daz Deals Browser completely.

Enable it again? :) Try the "toggle incognito mode" workaround to see if that restores the full functionality. (Change the "Allow in incognito mode" setting for the addon from whatever it is now to the other one.)

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,745

Ati said:

memcneil70 said:

I had an update to Google Chrome this morning, Version 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (x86_64) and it seems to have disabled the Daz Deals Browser completely.

Enable it again? :) Try the "toggle incognito mode" workaround to see if that restores the full functionality. (Change the "Allow in incognito mode" setting for the addon from whatever it is now to the other one.)

That worked!

Thank you very much Ati. 

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785

If I enable "Total Spent & Total Value Owned"  the "Full Price Value" is over $1.1 milion! surprise  Is that right?  The amount spent is much less than 1% of that...

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322

WandW said:

If I enable "Total Spent & Total Value Owned"  the "Full Price Value" is over $1.1 milion! surprise  Is that right?  The amount spent is much less than 1% of that...

Did you pick up Spuggles when it was accidently free? If so that adds $1 million to the  Full Price value because DAZ priced it at that to prevent purchase.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785

Charlie Judge said:

WandW said:

Did you pick up Spuggles when it was accidently free? If so that adds $1 million to the  Full Price value because DAZ priced it at that to prevent purchase.

Yes, that explains it!!  :)

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 917

This may have been addressed already, but in Firefox the Daz Deal Browser no longer displays the price history graph for me on the product page. Is this an issue on my machine or has something been changed?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,322

nabob21 said:

This may have been addressed already, but in Firefox the Daz Deal Browser no longer displays the price history graph for me on the product page. Is this an issue on my machine or has something been changed?

Try toggling 'allow incognito' to whatever state is not currently in. Note: if this works you need to do it each time you start your browser.

If that doesn't solve the issue, then disable the "Allow comments/labels on all products" option. Although this shouldn't be an issue in the latest version as far as I know, the Firefox store is still a minor version behind. :-/

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 917

Charlie Judge, where do I find the 'allow incognito' option?

• Joe2018Joe2018 Posts: 232

For me it still does not work in Edge or Chrome. Even if I allow the incognito - maybe because I use the "German localization"

@nabob21 - that should be a option in the preferences for the browser add-on's (sorry I don't know how the name is exactly in English)

nabob21 said:

Charlie Judge, where do I find the 'allow incognito' option?

In Firefox, it's private mode, or private browsing or something similar. You can find it under the general menu for extensions (addons).