Why is Daz Tech Support so bad?

124»

Comments

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282
    edited January 2021

Yeah I got one yesterday too - my issue was content tagging on the server so Poser content appeared as DS in DIM when it shouldn't. Nothing to do with my computer.

Post edited by 3Ddreamer on
  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,514

Sevrin said:

Recently I've been getting form emails asking if product issues had sorted themselves out with an update to DS or video card drivers, with a note that the issue would be considered closed if I didn't reply.  In one case, I got this same email twice concerning the same issue.

That's just insulting.

It could actually be a bot that sends the message out after a period of time, and closes the case if no message gets sent back. 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

NylonGirl said:

Sevrin said:

Recently I've been getting form emails asking if product issues had sorted themselves out with an update to DS or video card drivers, with a note that the issue would be considered closed if I didn't reply.  In one case, I got this same email twice concerning the same issue.

That's just insulting.

It could actually be a bot that sends the message out after a period of time, and closes the case if no message gets sent back. 

I'm not sure what point you are making, unless you are suggesting that some independent AI has taken control of Daz's customer service.

• duckbombduckbomb Posts: 585
    edited January 2021

Sevrin said:

NylonGirl said:

Sevrin said:

That's just insulting.

I'm not sure what point you are making, unless you are suggesting that some independent AI has taken control of Daz's customer service.

It's not completely uncommon to have automatic emails sent out to make sure a support request is still valid or needed, especially in cases where the backlog is so long the support team needs to prioritize their issues.  The fact that sometimes it takes months or years for movement, or that DAZ needs to coordinate with vendors only adds to the need to weed out things that can be cast aside.  You could easily make the argument that it shouldn't be needed, everything should be fixed right away, or whether or not the original requestor isn't around shouldn't matter, but that's a different topic.

Post edited by duckbomb on

duckbomb said:

It's not completely uncommon to have automatic emails sent out to make sure a support request is still valid or needed, especially in cases where the backlog is so long the support team needs to prioritize their issues.  The fact that sometimes it takes months or years for movement, or that DAZ needs to coordinate with vendors only adds to the need to weed out things that can be cast aside.  You could easily make the argument that it shouldn't be needed, everything should be fixed right away, or whether or not the original requestor isn't around shouldn't matter, but that's a different topic.

This no end of arguments that could be made to excuse Daz's poor response time.  In any event, I'll be making arrangements for my estate to follow up on my support tickets should I die before they have been satisfactorily resolved. 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Yes, I don't like that either. It should be considered still needed unless the customer says otherwise. 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,721

Best answer---within 30 days---is to return the product and declare victory.

• xyer0 said:

Best answer---within 30 days---is to return the product and declare victory.

That's not really a good tactic, if you bought the product it's because you wanted to use it. It doesn't necessarily help the vendor either who just lost the sale (granted they bear some of the burden of the product not working). Not to mention the time spent having to get the money back since they'll naturally want to give you a credit to "buy more Daz stuff".

I got the same message, ironically from "Marketing" letting me know that lots of issues have been fixed since I inputted the ticket in October and to make sure I updated my video drivers and daz. I wish I had a client that would let me wait 3 months before sending an initial e-mail response and have that response being "Did the problem magically fix itself?". I'd lost that business on the spot.

Bad store software, bad tech support, and even frankly the latest content has been pretty dull and uninspiring. I don't know who became in charge of Daz the past year but it's really on a downward slope. Renderosity may not look as highly polished as far as websites go, but the products almost always work (only had one borked item over 9 years), and I've always gotten a reply back from the store within a day or so when I've had an issue or question be it a question about a product or tech support related. And the store site never has issues with discounts or checking out in m experience.

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,514

I wasn't trying to suggest that an AI system had become sentient and overtaken the DAZ headquarters as an excuse for poor DAZ customer service. I was saying, based on the experience some of us claim to have had, the customer support could easily be the work of a bot. The responses are so vague and disconnected from the actual support requests that they could be generic responses. Then the later requests to see if the issue had been resolved, and then suggesting the case will be closed if there were no response, also seem like they could easily be the work of a bot designed to close any cases that people aren't paying attention to anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out the DAZ customer support system has been buying all of the PlayStation 5 consoles and is piling them up in Utah.

• gsil247gsil247 Posts: 221

When I first came to Daz in 2018, the customer service was awesome. Then as time went on and even recently, their service just seemed to give me responses simialar, 'too bad, we can't do anything, now leave me alone.' I really hope this is just people taking it out on me for whatever personal reason and not showing this kind of bad service to the masses. I get we all have bad days, but to consistently give such response is not very customer service friendly. As my old manager use to tell us; if you keep treating people like garbage (he used a different word), eventually they will all leave.

I did get 4 real-person emails following up on tickets yesterday.  Not, you know, with tangible results, but it's a start!

• Noah LGP said:

SickleYield never fixed the too long path of several products (more than 255 characters)

Do you have one character to mention?, I want to check if I have on my own runtime.

Installed with Daz Connect

Beginning Update of "SY Genesis 8 Clones for Genesis 3"

WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in runNextTask-runTask: boost::filesystem::create_directory: Filename or extension too long: "D:/Users/Owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_50977\data/daz 3d/genesis 3/male/tools/projection templates/tunics/sy tunic template genesis 8 male/uv sets/daz 3d/genesis 8/female/tools/projection templates/syv4clones/base"

"SY Genesis 8 Clones for Genesis 3": Update Failed.

Beginning Update of "SY Victoria 4 and Michael 4 Clones for Genesis 8"

WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in runNextTask-runTask: boost::filesystem::create_directories: Filename or extension too long: "D:/Users/Owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_50281\data/daz 3d/genesis 8/female/tools/projection templates/dresses/dresses/sy dress template victoria 4/uv sets/daz 3d/genesis 8/female/tools/projection templates/syv4clones"

WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in runNextTask-runTask: boost::filesystem::create_directories: Nom de fichier ou extension trop long: "D:/Users/Owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_50281\data/daz 3d/genesis 8/male/tools/projection templates/sym4clones/tunics/sy dress template michael 4/uv sets/daz 3d/genesis 8/female/tools/projection templates/syv4clones"

"SY Victoria 4 and Michael 4 Clones for Genesis 8": Update Failed.

I don't think that is a mistake by the PA.

In those cases the long path is caused by DAZ Connect, which for some ridiculous reason uses "non-standard" paths, also the beginning of the path is completely unnecessary (/Users/Owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/)

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026
    edited January 2021

I have two Daz supprot stories to share.

I found a problem with Rory HD by Lyoness: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/458936/rory-hd-for-genesis-8-by-lyoness-strange-directories-structure-solved-by-an-update-by-daz#latest

Lyoness explained to me in the thread, that she had no control over the metadata. The problem must have occured on Daz side. I sent a ticket, explained the problem to the Daz support person, and in 10 days the issue got fixed.

Then I found a problem with Elven Archer Outfit by Val3dart: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/462621/dforce-elven-archer-outfit-for-genesis-8-females-error#latest

I sent a refund request, but during the message exchange with Daz supprot, I agreed to give it some time for a fix instead. A Daz support person told me they sent a bug report on the product. I hope it gets fixed as fast as Rory.

Post edited by watchdog79 on

watchdog79 said:

I have two Daz supprot stories to share.

I found a problem with Rory HD by Lyoness: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/458936/rory-hd-for-genesis-8-by-lyoness-strange-directories-structure-solved-by-an-update-by-daz#latest

Lyoness explained ot me in the thread, that she had no control over the metadata. The problem must have occured on Daz side. I sent a ticket, explained the problem to the Daz support person, and in 10 days the issue got fixed.

Then I found a problem with Elven Archer Outfit by Val3dart: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/462621/dforce-elven-archer-outfit-for-genesis-8-females-error#latest

I sent a refund request, but during the message exchange with Daz supprot, I agreed to give it some time for a fix instead. A Daz support person told me they sent a bug report on the product. I hope it gets fixed as fast as Rory.

One is something Daz broke, and they were responsible for fixing it.  The other is up to the PA to fix, and that usually takes longer, especially if it's a PA who doesn't pay attention to the forums. 

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629

Noah LGP said:

SickleYield never fixed the too long path of several products (more than 255 characters)

Do you have one character to mention?, I want to check if I have on my own runtime.

Installed with Daz Connect

Beginning Update of "SY Genesis 8 Clones for Genesis 3"

WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in runNextTask-runTask: boost::filesystem::create_directory: Filename or extension too long: "D:/Users/Owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_50977\data/daz 3d/genesis 3/male/tools/projection templates/tunics/sy tunic template genesis 8 male/uv sets/daz 3d/genesis 8/female/tools/projection templates/syv4clones/base"

"SY Genesis 8 Clones for Genesis 3": Update Failed.

Beginning Update of "SY Victoria 4 and Michael 4 Clones for Genesis 8"

WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in runNextTask-runTask: boost::filesystem::create_directories: Filename or extension too long: "D:/Users/Owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_50281\data/daz 3d/genesis 8/female/tools/projection templates/dresses/dresses/sy dress template victoria 4/uv sets/daz 3d/genesis 8/female/tools/projection templates/syv4clones"

WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Unexpected exception in runNextTask-runTask: boost::filesystem::create_directories: Nom de fichier ou extension trop long: "D:/Users/Owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_50281\data/daz 3d/genesis 8/male/tools/projection templates/sym4clones/tunics/sy dress template michael 4/uv sets/daz 3d/genesis 8/female/tools/projection templates/syv4clones"

"SY Victoria 4 and Michael 4 Clones for Genesis 8": Update Failed.

I don't think that is a mistake by the PA.

In those cases the long path is caused by DAZ Connect, which for some ridiculous reason uses "non-standard" paths, also the beginning of the path is completely unnecessary (/Users/Owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/)

That's right. I have no control over Daz Connect, that's something Daz3d does after products are submitted to them.
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390
    edited January 2021

+1 here about tech support really being bad, while overal for refund and some others "helps" daz support is awesome the "tech" at last for my big issue was totally horrible

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/433892/geografts-elements-help#latest

i've asked support for this issue few times and it never got fixed i've ended with daz team saying which is "not tthey fault and they not gonna fix anything and is a "plugging" fault(daz to unreal bridge) while it's daz system fault because this bug happens for "any bridge or even without any bridge anytime you export a figure with a geograft element during the proccess conversion daz generate a "clone" of the geograft element making you export 2 of it, it was happening even before the bridge but the team give me like 6 months of waiting until they finally come and say which they wil not fix and is not they fault and close my ticket angry when is clear a daz studio issue, this was the really one time where i really hated the support and how bad they are because they never even told me if they tried to replicate the bug or anthing they just put me on a long "wait list" to when finally get a answer was a just "its not our fault" they not even told which they tried to replicate the bug, they just say to me in a very gently and polite way to shut up and they not gonna do anything, without any proper explanation or attempt to really fix anything, they could at last have told which they don't know how to fix it, it could be much better than just give a cold shoulder and close the ticket.

they throw the blame on the bridge and close the ticket

Post edited by Ellessarr on