Carrara Community Art Gallery - Show us your Renders!!!

Comments

• FettbemmeFettbemme Posts: 296

Steve K said:

Fettbemme said:

GI, PBR workflow, soft shadows

Cool.  A 3d print would make a nice wall decoration.  

I was thinking about

but what you see is all individual pieces, putting them together with something (I don't know) will look weird

Carrara Bend & Twist Modifier

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,099
    edited April 9

Great job,@Khoe and @Fettbemme.  The images look amazing. yes

Post edited by Diomede on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,099
    edited April 11

'Walked the rest of the way'  Some fun with the slope shader to try to get snow on more flat surfaces of the hearse, coffin, and trees.

Shadows turned off objects copy.png
    1536 x 1024 - 2M
    Post edited by Diomede on

Diomede said:

'Walked the rest of the way'  Some fun with the slope shader to try to get snow on more flat surfaces of the hearse, coffin, and trees.

so now, they walk the rest of the way ?

hm …

that's ah, yeah … economy class I'd say (?)

frown

edited April 19

SPΛCEMΛN (download)

spaceman_003.jpg
    2000 x 844 - 108K
    Post edited by Fettbemme on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,208

Fettbemme said:

Spaceman (download)

Very nice, looks like a Hollywood poster for a SciFi movie.

• KhoeKhoe Posts: 301
    edited April 20

Fettbemme 

Spaceman (download)

Graet Work! 

(Edited by mod to fix quote and pull the post from the quote)

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • KhoeKhoe Posts: 301
    edited April 25

Beastmaster and the Dragon
    something else finished in terms of fantasy.

Drache Kopie.jpg
    1920 x 1050 - 397K
    Post edited by Khoe on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,062

Diomede said:

Stole the horsy for the hearsey ?

Fettbemme said:

SPΛCEMΛN (download)

Nice !!!

Khoe said:

Beastmaster and the Dragon
    something else finished in terms of fantasy.

Groovy scene !!!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,962

360 Octane rendered video

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Nice.  I always like night time animations where you can highlight the important stuff with the lights.  And the books say moving lights are scary. surprise

Also, I've been watching "Black Sails", the music here reminds me of sea shanties.

Steve K said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Nice.  I always like night time animations where you can highlight the important stuff with the lights.  And the books say moving lights are scary. surprise

Also, I've been watching "Black Sails", the music here reminds me of sea shanties.

Here is a sea shanty I like, by the guys from the TV show "Trailer Park boys":

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,921
    edited May 20

Cereal Scarers

Cereal Scarers.png
    800 x 600 - 391K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited May 27

the Grasshopper smiley

Grasshopper.png
    800 x 600 - 726K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Stezza said:

the Grasshopper smiley

Nice render !!! Grasshopper always reminds me of the Kung Fu TV series.

edited May 27

ZB Tower (whatever that means)

I was cheating a little with the clouds, I hope you don't mind

zb tower.jpg
    1920 x 810 - 275K
    edited May 27

renderwerk

renderwerk-carrara8.jpg
    1920 x 810 - 327K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited July 6

Hi all. Been a long time. Dart and Wendy suggested I come over and post some of my recent renders. We'll see if I can remember how to do this. wink

The images in this post use a scene I've been building centered around an old iron bridge I built in Carrara. It is based on a real life bridge in Gilman, Wisconsin (which is a little town in the Northwoods). The bridge is single lane and now is exclusively a pedstrian bridge.

I built a large vertex terrain for the bridge to reside in. The river has an "S" curve to hide the view of the edge of the terrain from most angles. The road leading up to the bridge uses the same trick. Almost all the shaders/textures used on the bridge are procedural with the sole exception of the wooden road deck which is built by using photos of the real bridge's road deck as image maps. I'm most proud of the rust shaders and the concrete footings that hold the bridge. The concrete uses elevation shaders to generate the old high water stains on the concrete.

I used multiple surface replicators for different things, such as two for grass, one for trees, one for shrubs/undergrowth and one for rocks. I originally used Carrara's 3D paint tool to paint the distribution maps on the terrain, and fine tuned them in Affinity Photo. The grass is from Howie Farkes scenes, as well as quite a few of the trees and shrubs. I also have a couple of my own, such as the oak trees and ferns. The rocks/boulders are equally Howie Farkes and my own. The water is the Carrara Ocean primitive with my own shaders.

As far as the images go, I wanted to test figures in the scene, so one image is a distance shot and one is close-up. The woman is sitting with one leg tucked under her, which isn't apparent in the renders, I just didn't feel like reposing her as it took me a long time to get her how I liked her. The Daz Pup uses Carrara hair. However, since I rendered using gamma correction (which washes out the hair), I also rendered a volumetric pass to get the hair on its own layer so that I coiuld correct fior the washed out hair. I also used some other render passes such as depth and object index to help me with adding a DOF in the closeup image. I used a reflection pass on the water to help make blurry refections in the distance render.

Click images for full sized renders.

Gilman Bridge.jpg
    4096 x 2304 - 4M
    Kora and Pup03.jpg
    4096 x 2304 - 4M
    Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited July 6

I did a couple cheese-cakey pinup renders. The idea is to do one themed for each month of the year. The first image I did for June. I live in Wisconsin, and in WI, June is Dairy Month. For those not in the US, Wisconsin is known as the Dairy State. June is our time to honor our dairy industry, from the farmers to the cheesemakers and everybody else in the industry. Big cities and little towns (especially the little towns) have dairy themed festivals all through June, including pancake breakfasts (served on a local farm, and usually including plenty of milk to drink and cheesecurds to munch on in addition to the pancakes), to parades, etc. Businesses have sales and specials on dairy products. It's pretty huge. My pinup pays homage to June Dairy month and pokes some fun at it as well.

I built and rigged the milk machine. It is mostly accurate with the caveat that I did exclude a couple vacuun hoses, and the hose that sends the milk to the pipline was too short and didn't extend off camera, so I hid it when I posed the figure. I had to exclude the some of the hoses because with all the other hoses the rig was becoming very unweildy. The bikini top is from DAZ's V4 Basic Wear, that I retextured and grew Carrara hair on. I don't recall where I picked up the shorts. The textures for V4 are the Maya Elite textures which came with Carrara optimized shaders (I think done by Ringo). The hair is from the old Reby Sky bundle. I did extensive work on that to get it to interact with the lighting more like real hair. The eyes were done with Endless eyes with some tweaking on my part.

Click image for full size!

(Image removed by mod)

The second image is a 4th of July inspired pinup. It is the same model and same outfit with the addition of new 4th of July inspired textures. I did use the Body suit to get the bikini bottom under the shorts. I had to edit the vertex model for the shorts in the Assembly Room to fix pokethrough from the bikini bottoms. Nothing much else was done on this one. It's kind of cliché, but I like it. I rendered both images with an Alpha channel so that I could comp in a background in Affinity Photo.

Click image for sull size!

V4 Got Milk-02.jpg
    4096 x 2304 - 5M
    V4th of July Pinup-Shorts.jpg
    4001 x 2251 - 628K
    Post edited by frank0314 on

evilproducer said:

Hi all. Been a long time. Dart and Wendy suggested I come over and post some of my recent renders. We'll see if I can remember how to do this. wink

The images in this post use a scene I've been building centered around an old iron bridge I built in Carrara. It is based on a real life bridge in Gilman, Wisconsin (which is a little town in the Northwoods). The bridge is single lane and now is exclusively a pedstrian bridge.

I built a large vertex terrain for the bridge to reside in. The river has an "S" curve to hide the view of the edge of the terrain from most angles. The road leading up to the bridge uses the same trick. Almost all the shaders/textures used on the bridge are procedural with the sole exception of the wooden road deck which is built by using photos of the real bridge's road deck as image maps. I'm most proud of the rust shaders and the concrete footings that hold the bridge. The concrete uses elevation shaders to generate the old high water stains on the concrete.

I used multiple surface replicators for different things, such as two for grass, one for trees, one for shrubs/undergrowth and one for rocks. I originally used Carrara's 3D paint tool to paint the distribution maps on the terrain, and fine tuned them in Affinity Photo. The grass is from Howie Farkes scenes, as well as quite a few of the trees and shrubs. I also have a couple of my own, such as the oak trees and ferns. The rocks/boulders are equally Howie Farkes and my own. The water is the Carrara Ocean primitive with my own shaders.

As far as the images go, I wanted to test figures in the scene, so one image is a distance shot and one is close-up. The woman is sitting with one leg tucked under her, which isn't apparent in the renders, I just didn't feel like reposing her as it took me a long time to get her how I liked her. The Daz Pup uses Carrara hair. However, since I rendered using gamma correction (which washes out the hair), I also rendered a volumetric pass to get the hair on its own layer so that I coiuld correct fior the washed out hair. I also used some other render passes such as depth and object index to help me with adding a DOF in the closeup image. I used a reflection pass on the water to help make blurry refections in the distance render.

Click images for full sized renders.

very realistic

I still don't know how to make grass in Carrara. So I do it in Vue instead.

Fettbemme said:

very realistic

I used grass from a Howie Farkes scene, but I have made my own in the past as well. The grasses in the scene are basically vertex models replicated on the terrain. 

evilproducer said:

Fettbemme said:

very realistic

I used grass from a Howie Farkes scene, but I have made my own in the past as well. The grasses in the scene are basically vertex models replicated on the terrain. 

Renders are looking great EP - welcome back !!!

Bunyip02 said:

evilproducer said:

Fettbemme said:

very realistic

Renders are looking great EP - welcome back !!!

Thanks. 

edited July 7

Another angle of the bridge. Been trying to refine the replicators and design another plant. Comments and critiques welcome.

I played around with levels and such.

Click image for full sized.

Gilman Bridge Cam 4.jpg
    4096 x 2304 - 5M
    Post edited by evilproducer on
  • therixxtherixx Posts: 93

Wow, this looks beautiful, EvilProducer

good to see your renders and yourself EP.... hope the weather is fine smiley

Stezza said:

good to see your renders and yourself EP.... hope the weather is fine smiley

Thanks. It's been very wet weather in my neck of the woods.