CC#54 WiPs ~ What is it that you truly desire? after party Chit Chat

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086
    edited October 2020

Canteen Update

Thank you for the vulture, Stezza.

Fixed some poke through, mussed up some shaders

added a light dome with lights set very low to get some fill light under the left leg and torso, and in cliffs and brighten slightly all over

canteen entry.jpg
    1600 x 1040 - 333K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,997
    edited October 2020
    Headwax said:
    ed3D said:

~ and  more WIPs

loving the saucer :)

Bunyip02 said:
    ed3D said:

~ and  more WIPs

Nice progress !!!

~ well , Thanx  very much  ~

Post edited by ed3D on
    edited October 2020
    Diomede said:

ed3D - coming along nicely.  did you model these in truespace?  ive never tried that.

_ Part are trueSpace and part are Blender  _  and You mean you hav'nt tryed trueSpace??  ( from cnet.com _  128 mb )

Thanx  ~

Post edited by ed3D on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited October 2020

Whate'er the Laird Desires

When researching historical romance covers, there appeared to be a couple of "most popular" romance themes.  One of them was the well-bred and beautiful lass forced to interact with a brave and brawny Scottish laird.  I guess that it was fueled by the Highlander movie and the Outlander books and current TV series.  I haven't seen or read the series, but I just saw the Highlander movie last night.  It wasn't very romantic, so I suspect that Outlander had more influence.

The lass is V4 semi-dressed in the Sugar outfit.  The laird is Freak 5.  The scene is one big kitbash, with over 15 different products in use.  If you have any specific questions on products, just ask.  It was my first 1 Gig scene.  When the scene gets that big, even a good processor lags a bit.

For the background blur, I used Carrara DOF, and also blurred some objects.  The goal was to make the characters pop a little in a very busy scene.  Any feedback on that is appreciated.

I did some limited modeling on the food items, and adjusted the characters a lot in the modeling room.  No postwork.

Whate'er_the Laird Desires.png
    1700 x 1133 - 2M
    Whate'er the Laird Carrara setup.JPG
    1637 x 1038 - 350K
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on

Excellent DOF.  In particular, I like the blur among the lights in the upper right.  

Here are some Romance book title generators.  

Romance Title Generators

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,905
    edited October 2020
    Diomede said:

Excellent DOF.  In particular, I like the blur among the lights in the upper right.  

Here are some Romance book title generators.  

Romance Title Generators

a bodice ripper storyline generator AI should be possible too!

maybe with a few keywords  the author can toss in such as place, date, number of characters and occupations 

it could then sift through a database of historical settings, situations and stuffs, randomise and generate a plot

example one picks England, 1904 chambermaid and spoilt heir playboy

it generates names, types of encounters, decor suggestions etc

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,819

I think she wants that last Scotch Finger Biscuit angel

posted in the Art Studio board

yeah, I know, a bit late.... but I forgot laugh

Stezza said:

posted in the Art Studio board

yeah, I know, a bit late.... but I forgot laugh

Ha, I'm not sure that any recent host has posted a thread there.  Cleverly done!

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited October 2020

One more desire...

Octane render. No postwork.

Unlisted_Desire02.jpg
    2429 x 2220 - 5M
    Screenshot 10-11-2020 21.31.25.png
    1077 x 1133 - 542K
    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,778

When researching historical romance covers, there appeared to be a couple of "most popular" romance themes.  One of them was the well-bred and beautiful lass forced to interact with a brave and brawny Scottish laird.  I guess that it was fueled by the Highlander movie and the Outlander books and current TV series.  I haven't seen or read the series, but I just saw the Highlander movie last night.  It wasn't very romantic, so I suspect that Outlander had more influence.

The lass is V4 semi-dressed in the Sugar outfit.  The laird is Freak 5.  The scene is one big kitbash, with over 15 different products in use.  If you have any specific questions on products, just ask.  It was my first 1 Gig scene.  When the scene gets that big, even a good processor lags a bit.

For the background blur, I used Carrara DOF, and also blurred some objects.  The goal was to make the characters pop a little in a very busy scene.  Any feedback on that is appreciated.

I did some limited modeling on the food items, and adjusted the characters a lot in the modeling room.  No postwork.

Great scene, my eyes keep fixing on that pig on a plate though !

Vyusur said:

One more desire...

Love the composition !!

Diomede said:

Canteen Update

added a light dome with lights set very low to get some fill light under the left leg and torso, and in cliffs and brighten slightly all over

Vultures definately add to the scene !!

edited October 2020

_ not sure on this Version  ~  thanx ~

Doc1BIG_MOUNT UHF 1AF.png
    1600 x 900 - 557K
    Post edited by ed3D on

_ Are  sure on this One  ~  just Incomplete   ~  thanx  ~

2JoAn_WIP.png
    1920 x 1035 - 402K
    edited October 2020

Cool striped effects, ed3D.  yes

Thanks for the comment on my canteen, Bunyip

I tried to update my genie render to add some of Ron's smoke.  The stylized color fragments in my image made it hard for me to postwork some smoke in there but this is what I came up with.  Hope it looks better.

Genie Entry Smoke Replaced.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
    edited October 2020
    Diomede said:

Cool striped effects, ed3D.  yes

Thanks for the comment on my canteen, Bunyip

I tried to update my genie render to add some of Ron's smoke.  The stylized color fragments in my image made it hard for me to postwork some smoke in there but this is what I came up with.  Hope it looks better.

I can see you had a bit of trouble with the smoke... I'm wondering if you used a new layer when adding Ron's smoke... it looks like the edges aren't quite right.

I did a quick example using Ron's smoke to show you how I do it on a seperate layer and then using shadows to help it along .. hope you don't mind...

adding smokewipDio.jpg
    1269 x 665 - 111K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited October 2020

Thanks Stezza.  My Ron's smoke is actually Ron's clouds, which I did a bad job of adapting.  I searched for some free smoke and tried again. Get some hint of flames in there!  Appreciate your help.

Genie Dio New Smoke.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M

it looks like she danced too close to the lit lamp

it looks like she danced too close to the lit lamp

I'm OK with that.  yes

Thanks Bunyip!  The pig is a Philemo cutout.  What has happened to Philemo?  He has been absent for a long time.

Thanks Diomede, for the comment on the DOF.  It is hard for me to know when it is used well, or just a distraction.

On the Ron's smoke issue, it looks to me like you are trying to get it into Carrara, and Stezza is instead using it as postwork in PSE.  Is that correct?

I haven't tried it yet, but a Philemo cutout might be one way to get those nice smoke effects brushes into Carrara.

Thanks Bunyip!  The pig is a Philemo cutout.  What has happened to Philemo?  He has been absent for a long time.

Thanks Diomede, for the comment on the DOF.  It is hard for me to know when it is used well, or just a distraction.

On the Ron's smoke issue, it looks to me like you are trying to get it into Carrara, and Stezza is instead using it as postwork in PSE.  Is that correct?

I haven't tried it yet, but a Philemo cutout might be one way to get those nice smoke effects brushes into Carrara.

He appears to visit the forum according to his profile

I don't want to speculate as we get in trouble here for that surprise

the easiest way I've found is to make your smoke image in your prefered paint program and save as either a transparent png image or a jpg.. with the jpg you need to also create a trans map, then in carrara apply the image you want to either a plane or a grid or even a splat. smiley

I find using jpg with a transmap works the best. yes

edited October 2020

Just a quickie....

I created some smoke and applied it to a grid in the alpha and glow channel... the colour channel can be any colour you like.. I duplicated the grid seven times with different sizes and rotations and ended up with LoRenzo Genie.. no postwork.

Smoke PNG file attached

LoRenzo Genie.png
    800 x 600 - 529K
    smoke.png
    1200 x 1200 - 711K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927
    Stezza said:

Just a quickie....

I created some smoke and applied it to a grid in the alpha and glow channel... the colour channel can be any colour you like.. I duplicated the grid seven times with different sizes and rotations and ended up with LoRenzo Genie.. no postwork.

Smoke PNG file attached

wow, I just looked through all the new renders and one word keeps coming to mind 'wow'! Everyone is so clean and professional, yet is completely different - this one reminds me of alice cooper for some reason!

Diomede said:

Thanks Stezza.  My Ron's smoke is actually Ron's clouds, which I did a bad job of adapting.  I searched for some free smoke and tried again. Get some hint of flames in there!  Appreciate your help.

she looks like hot stuff Ted. This is one of my favourite renders of yours.

Vyusur said:

One more desire...

intriguing render Veronike - very escher like in it's feeling. DOf really adds - also I like the isometric suggestion

they sure are popping - especially those blood vessles - great pose - all very brutal - the diagonal leads the eye nicely . Stay away from a 2 gig scene though - you probably know that anything over 2 gig results in a fried car file

Diomede said:

Canteen Update

terrific sense of narrative - i wondered if circling vultures in the sky might add even more?

thanks for the comments on my glass board render too Ted and Bunyip02 et UB .

Ub the drips are from ron's water colour brushes.

Some of the post work is in water logue

Bunyip02 said:
    Vyusur said:

One more desire...

Love the composition !!

Thank you Bunyip!

Headwax said:
    Vyusur said:

One more desire...

intriguing render Veronike - very escher like in it's feeling. DOf really adds - also I like the isometric suggestion

Thank you Andrew!

edited October 2020

RE: Smoke

- my first attempt at smoke early in the WIP thread was taking a modeled cone-like shape, applying a shatter modifier, and a blur effect.

- my second attempt, which was my first entry, was creating a new layer in an image editing program and trying to use part of a Ron's smoke, but it was more of a square cloud (see attached).

- my third attempt, which is current, turns off the Ron's smoke layer, and instead uses a new layer with a smoke I found on the web (also attached)

I like how the current version looks like flame, so in my view a happy accident.

smoke 01.jpg
    170 x 232 - 10K
    smoke 02.jpg
    192 x 205 - 11K