Daz to Unreal guide for "newcomers"(The famous "before your buy" or Limitations)

2»

Comments

• SombraGamesSombraGames Posts: 16
    edited September 2020
    Ellessarr said:
    Ellessarr said:
    Ellessarr said:
    Ellessarr said:

I am new to daz, I had already downloaded it but it was incompatible with the programs I use the most which is Blender and Unreal, my focus is stylized games for mobile and PC.
    But now that I have the bridges, I intend to transfer my original characters into the daz.
    But I didn't understand how to create a mesh base. Is Daz Geneses 8 for example an algorithm that generates the base mesh or is it a standard mesh created in 3d software?
    How do you create Products? I want to create one with Mannequin Unreal ...
    Do you have an API to create scripts and plugins?
    I think there should be more video tutorials on how to design and import different skeletons.

i'm a little confused about your questions

it is about "exporting a character which you created in blender to daz????, then to do that i don't know because i never did that, now if you talking about exporting a character which you created in daz to unreal then you use the bridge

all the characters in daz for what i know are "regular mesh", the only "algorithm i know are the "dforce hair and fur and maybe strand based hairs not too sure about that, but the characters and cloths in general are "regular generated meshs, the only issue here would be the "geo shell stuffs which i'v talked in this thread basically anything

agian if you are talking about create products for daz then i'm really not that good, maybe someone more experienced can help with that but asfar i remember to create characters for daz and it's not for 'free" you need talk with daz and get your hands on the daz creator app, talking with daz, i really don't know those things works.

and a tip if you are "looking" to use daz for "mobile" i would advise to forget, daz characters and stuffs are not "optmized" for mobile, they are in general too high poly for mobile, you would need to use only the character and make your own outftis because none outfit from daz will work for mobile, neither the hairs, again most of the stuffs on daz are too high for mobile, maybe some "cartoon characters" are fine but "realistic none.

The base mesh Daz has 16556 vertices, it even runs on a calculator. Characters that I use in Moblie have an average of 36000 in LOD0, 16000 LOD1, 6000 LOD2. Unreal was made to work with millions of vertices, in PC games or LOD0 I use 3 million vertices.
    For me the mesh base of Daz is very clean. That's why I want to get a blender with 5 million vertices to put in the daz and use the Morfs tools, modifiers, I don't want to sell in the store, I want to use only on my PC in my projects.

3 millions in a single character???? omg, i don't recall any even triple AAA game having a single character with 3 millions vertices.

that is why i say which it can only be good for mobile if you use only the base character and create yourself  the hairs, outifts and all stuffs, unreal can support billions of "polygons and huge open world but this don't means which you gonna have " that "billions or millions" being redenrized at the same time being able to hold millions or billions or even trillions don't means which it will handle all of the vertices at the sametime, the engine only render what is in your screen or inside the cam, not the whole world at the same time.

First I make a character thinking about the cinematic, then I reduce and test it.
    For example, this LOL cinematic should have at least about 30 million vertices per scene. Artists have done it with millions and developers have reduced it to work on the PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF5Ddo9JdpY

that is the "thing per the scene" not character, and again as i told you are only rendering in realtime what is on the cam anything else will not be rendered, this is why sometimes in games you have things "appearing in the scene outof nowhere, because the engine could not render the stuff in time then it get a delay in render and only appear later, because the stuffs already in the scene are too much, another thing is which in the past and even today many of the "cinematics are "pre- rendered" which means no realtime render this is why you can have "millions and billions of polygons in a scene in the cinematic, in order to do that for "realtime you have to reduce the poly count, ofcourse the unreal engine 5 is coming to "try to remove it by allowing you to be able to throw objects with "high poly count" without need to "reduce it or make lods", but for that you would need a "next generation consoles and pcs, with strong ssds and many memory, which for now many developers will avoid to go that high at last for pc in indie comunity to make sure as much people will be buying they games, because not everyone gonna be able to pay for a "top pc" to run those crazy games".

Ellessarr said:
    Ellessarr said:
    Ellessarr said:

I am new to daz, I had already downloaded it but it was incompatible with the programs I use the most which is Blender and Unreal, my focus is stylized games for mobile and PC.
    But now that I have the bridges, I intend to transfer my original characters into the daz.
    But I didn't understand how to create a mesh base. Is Daz Geneses 8 for example an algorithm that generates the base mesh or is it a standard mesh created in 3d software?
    How do you create Products? I want to create one with Mannequin Unreal ...
    Do you have an API to create scripts and plugins?
    I think there should be more video tutorials on how to design and import different skeletons.

i'm a little confused about your questions

it is about "exporting a character which you created in blender to daz????, then to do that i don't know because i never did that, now if you talking about exporting a character which you created in daz to unreal then you use the bridge

all the characters in daz for what i know are "regular mesh", the only "algorithm i know are the "dforce hair and fur and maybe strand based hairs not too sure about that, but the characters and cloths in general are "regular generated meshs, the only issue here would be the "geo shell stuffs which i'v talked in this thread basically anything

agian if you are talking about create products for daz then i'm really not that good, maybe someone more experienced can help with that but asfar i remember to create characters for daz and it's not for 'free" you need talk with daz and get your hands on the daz creator app, talking with daz, i really don't know those things works.

and a tip if you are "looking" to use daz for "mobile" i would advise to forget, daz characters and stuffs are not "optmized" for mobile, they are in general too high poly for mobile, you would need to use only the character and make your own outftis because none outfit from daz will work for mobile, neither the hairs, again most of the stuffs on daz are too high for mobile, maybe some "cartoon characters" are fine but "realistic none.

The base mesh Daz has 16556 vertices, it even runs on a calculator. Characters that I use in Moblie have an average of 36000 in LOD0, 16000 LOD1, 6000 LOD2. Unreal was made to work with millions of vertices, in PC games or LOD0 I use 3 million vertices.
    For me the mesh base of Daz is very clean. That's why I want to get a blender with 5 million vertices to put in the daz and use the Morfs tools, modifiers, I don't want to sell in the store, I want to use only on my PC in my projects.

3 millions in a single character???? omg, i don't recall any even triple AAA game having a single character with 3 millions vertices.

that is why i say which it can only be good for mobile if you use only the base character and create yourself  the hairs, outifts and all stuffs, unreal can support billions of "polygons and huge open world but this don't means which you gonna have " that "billions or millions" being redenrized at the same time being able to hold millions or billions or even trillions don't means which it will handle all of the vertices at the sametime, the engine only render what is in your screen or inside the cam, not the whole world at the same time.

First I make a character thinking about the cinematic, then I reduce and test it.
    For example, this LOL cinematic should have at least about 30 million vertices per scene. Artists have done it with millions and developers have reduced it to work on the PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF5Ddo9JdpY

that is the "thing per the scene" not character, and again as i told you are only rendering in realtime what is on the cam anything else will not be rendered, this is why sometimes in games you have things "appearing in the scene outof nowhere, because the engine could not render the stuff in time then it get a delay in render and only appear later, because the stuffs already in the scene are too much, another thing is which in the past and even today many of the "cinematics are "pre- rendered" which means no realtime render this is why you can have "millions and billions of polygons in a scene in the cinematic, in order to do that for "realtime you have to reduce the poly count, ofcourse the unreal engine 5 is coming to "try to remove it by allowing you to be able to throw objects with "high poly count" without need to "reduce it or make lods", but for that you would need a "next generation consoles and pcs, with strong ssds and many memory, which for now many developers will avoid to go that high at last for pc in indie comunity to make sure as much people will be buying they games, because not everyone gonna be able to pay for a "top pc" to run those crazy games".

This LOL Cinematc is already old.
    I want millions of vertices to deform the mesh using Normal Map, this will speed up my work.
    Example

To use this option in pernures I use C ++, I don't know if you can do it through the interface in the released section.

i'm getting a little confuse about what you really want...

let's go back to the start, you was asking about how to import stuffs from blender to daz??? then go to unreal??, not could be more simple go blender to unreal??, you are talking about create stuffs for daz to sell???, i'm really confuse now about what you really asking for.

At Daz, clothes and morphs are very organized to manage a team, for example. Organizing the library at Daz by creating products would be much better.
    The more organized it is, the lower the production cost, it is not a matter of importing, it is a matter of reusing and modifying and saving time.

When you work with 3 or 10 characters it is simple, but when we are talking about 500, 1000, 3000 characters, there it is more complex.

Post edited by SombraGames on