Who are the most realistic Genesis 8 characters in 2020?

24

Comments

  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    NylonGirl said:

    The original question was "who are the most realistic". It didn't ask who is perfect. And we'll never get to a completely realistic character if we keep rejecting the characters closest to it. Anyway, I think Nyarai has a lot to work with.

    Nylon Arai, Brown Girl with Short Hair

    Certainly realistic..

  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,679

    IMO is really doesn't matter how detailed/realistic looking the character is if the lighting sucks

  • lana_lasslana_lass Posts: 518
    edited July 2020

    IMO is really doesn't matter how detailed/realistic looking the character is if the lighting sucks

     

    Technical Drawing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

     

    But my vote for character's (not all 2020 releases, soz) who look most like real life hoomans , f that's what we're talking:

    - Hagar by CarbonCrow;

    Ensley, Malika, Noemi, Nadya and Lyra are my fav from Bluejaunte;

    - Asher, Romina, and Gila by Mousso (and Albany is probably my fav for skin textures!)

    - Phoe by Spow (lol that rhymes);

     - Sitric and Allegra by Redzstudio;

    - Eden and Caitlin by Vyktohria;

    - Ainara by Akasha and Anain;

    - Underbelly by Jonny Rampant;

    - Leland, Ester... yeah k pretty much EVERYTHING by Saiyaness;

    - Evangeliya, Eiluned, and Livilla by isourcetextures for realistically imperfect skin;

    - Dain, Floyd, Leroy, Dasan , Vladimir and CJ, Babina, Mabel, Kayo, Alawa and Aubrey from Daz.

    Post edited by lana_lass on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

    Maddelirium at Rendo is very good with characters, Monet and Carley being good examples.

  • droidy001droidy001 Posts: 277
    When people talk about realism my first thought is that they mean the render is could easily be mistaken for a photo of a real person. I totally understand that to a lot it means fine detail. But if you look at a professional portrait a lot of these details are lost behind make up, filters and lighting. I've done renders where the character looks what it is from 100m away let alone close to the screen. Yet with the same character a different scene and lighting you would have to look twice to notice, but that's usually more down to luck. I think if the op means could be mistaken for a real photo then it's not only about the characte, it's the scene and lighting also. No good having a character that looks good if the background looks like scenery from a high school drama production.
  • LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,612

    I know that @lyoness works really hard at trying to make interesting and realistic characters.  I recommend you check her out.

  • alienareaalienarea Posts: 518
    Lyoness said:

    I know that @lyoness works really hard at trying to make interesting and realistic characters.  I recommend you check her out.

    I do ;) LY Zara is the base for most of my jungle girls.

  • LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,612
    alienarea said:
    Lyoness said:

    I know that @lyoness works really hard at trying to make interesting and realistic characters.  I recommend you check her out.

    I do ;) LY Zara is the base for most of my jungle girls.

    @alienarea , then you really need to check Nyala. She is my newest dark skinned girl.

  • TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677
    Lyoness said:

    I know that @lyoness works really hard at trying to make interesting and realistic characters.  I recommend you check her out.

    O.O   Are you implying you know lyoness personally? Gonna have to press j for doubt here, lyoness is totally elusive.

  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,991
    Sevrin said:

    Maddelirium at Rendo is very good with characters, Monet and Carley being good examples.

    I'm also a fan of Maddelirium's work. yes

  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    droidy001 said:
    When people talk about realism my first thought is that they mean the render is could easily be mistaken for a photo of a real person. I totally understand that to a lot it means fine detail. But if you look at a professional portrait a lot of these details are lost behind make up, filters and lighting. I've done renders where the character looks what it is from 100m away let alone close to the screen. Yet with the same character a different scene and lighting you would have to look twice to notice, but that's usually more down to luck. I think if the op means could be mistaken for a real photo then it's not only about the characte, it's the scene and lighting also. No good having a character that looks good if the background looks like scenery from a high school drama production.

    The thread isn't about what is real or what is required to be realistic, only what you feel is the most realistic.

    We've asked for guidelines from the OP, but without them all we can do is post what we think are - and ideally (?) what made us feel it was appropriate.

  • NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,654

    Well we know the original post was asking about characters. They did not ask for backgrounds or lighting or general trash talking, I'm looking at the preview while waiting for IRAY to finish rendering with one of my fruity fake poorly lit high school drama queen backgrounds. And based on that, I am convinced Lyoness's Nyala should be added to the list of most realistic G8 characters.

  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,295
    edited July 2020
    Lyoness said:

    I know that @lyoness works really hard at trying to make interesting and realistic characters.  I recommend you check her out.

    And we appreciate it. :) Here's some Marika love. heart

    G8F - Marika_nvidia.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Post edited by 3Diva on
  • alienareaalienarea Posts: 518
    Lyoness said:
    alienarea said:
    Lyoness said:

    I know that @lyoness works really hard at trying to make interesting and realistic characters.  I recommend you check her out.

    I do ;) LY Zara is the base for most of my jungle girls.

    @alienarea , then you really need to check Nyala. She is my newest dark skinned girl.

    Already have her. Plus a few more. ;)

  • AsariAsari Posts: 703
    NylonGirl said:

    Well we know the original post was asking about characters. They did not ask for backgrounds or lighting or general trash talking, I'm looking at the preview while waiting for IRAY to finish rendering with one of my fruity fake poorly lit high school drama queen backgrounds. And based on that, I am convinced Lyoness's Nyala should be added to the list of most realistic G8 characters.

    I always love your posts!
  • Erik HeyninckErik Heyninck Posts: 158
    edited July 2020

    I always adapt to my personal tastest, whatever I have purchased. I personally find that is what makes Daz so exciting.
    For example (I am a painter) I often prefer the legs less long, and the head too small. 7 1/2 heads, or 8 for standardized figures is much better.
    But my personal favourites for females are Mousso and Bluejaunte. I also have some Lyoness creations, which are also very good.

    What I don't like are the stores where everyone is clearly a clone of all the others.

    But the most realistic figures? Open yer renders in Photoshop and start working!

    my personal opinion of course.

    and Saiyaness' Uchenna for G3 is indeed very realistic.

    Post edited by Erik Heyninck on
  • Thanks, Nylongirl. I got Nyarai (with the hair) and this is indeed a use-as-is character for some Sumerian myth or so.

     

  • watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026
    Lyoness said:

    I know that @lyoness works really hard at trying to make interesting and realistic characters.  I recommend you check her out.

    And we appreciate it. :) Here's some Marika love. heart

    Oh, wow, thank you. How did I not notice this gem? That is what I call a real feminine figure. Well done.

    Wishlisted.heart

  • NylonGirl said:

    I propose the working definition of "realistic" should be "able to convince people it's a real person when they see it". So the most realistic characters are the ones closest to that goal. Even if none of them are completely there. And if one must argue that different characters are the most convincing under different settings, I would propose that the default IRAY settings be used to measure the degree of realism.

    I completely agree with this definition.  A characters form and skin should look real regardless of the lighting conditions and all the 'lighting' in the world can't make fake looking/shaped characters look more real....  Garbage In/ Garbage Out.. Thanks for laying it out...

    I'd love to see realistic and beautiful but achieving a level of details is critical.. otherwise it makes no sense to give names to generic characters that can simply be reshaped.

    manmoon3a.jpg
    1288 x 575 - 520K
  • Hemi426Hemi426 Posts: 211
    lana_lass said:
     

    But my vote for character's (not all 2020 releases, soz) who look most like real life hoomans , f that's what we're talking:

    - Hagar by CarbonCrow;

    Ensley, Malika, Noemi, Nadya and Lyra are my fav from Bluejaunte;

    - Asher, Romina, and Gila by Mousso (and Albany is probably my fav for skin textures!)

    - Phoe by Spow (lol that rhymes);

     - Sitric and Allegra by Redzstudio;

    - Eden and Caitlin by Vyktohria;

    - Ainara by Akasha and Anain;

    - Underbelly by Jonny Rampant;

    - Leland, Ester... yeah k pretty much EVERYTHING by Saiyaness;

    - Evangeliya, Eiluned, and Livilla by isourcetextures for realistically imperfect skin;

    - Dain, Floyd, Leroy, Dasan , Vladimir and CJ, Babina, Mabel, Kayo, Alawa and Aubrey from Daz.

    Does anyone know if Evangeliya from iSourceTextures has Fibermesh Eyebrows? It says so in the description, but I cannot find them in the file list. In the promos they look like part of the texture.

  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

    No idea, sorry.

    https://www.daz3d.com/tatiana-hd-and-expression-for-genesis-8-female

    Going to add Bleujaunt's latest to the list; the promos look realistic, and although there are a couple that it's easy to quickly flag them as 3D, it's the fault of other aspects than shape and texturing.

    https://www.daz3d.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/t/a/tatiana-hd-and-expressions-for-genesis-8-female-16-daz3d.jpg

    Looking at this image for example: the buttock doesn't react to being sat on the chair; the hair looks odd - in a lot of the renders - too sharp in places, just not right.

  • Hemi426 said:
    lana_lass said:
     

    But my vote for character's (not all 2020 releases, soz) who look most like real life hoomans , f that's what we're talking:

    - Hagar by CarbonCrow;

    Ensley, Malika, Noemi, Nadya and Lyra are my fav from Bluejaunte;

    - Asher, Romina, and Gila by Mousso (and Albany is probably my fav for skin textures!)

    - Phoe by Spow (lol that rhymes);

     - Sitric and Allegra by Redzstudio;

    - Eden and Caitlin by Vyktohria;

    - Ainara by Akasha and Anain;

    - Underbelly by Jonny Rampant;

    - Leland, Ester... yeah k pretty much EVERYTHING by Saiyaness;

    - Evangeliya, Eiluned, and Livilla by isourcetextures for realistically imperfect skin;

    - Dain, Floyd, Leroy, Dasan , Vladimir and CJ, Babina, Mabel, Kayo, Alawa and Aubrey from Daz.

    Does anyone know if Evangeliya from iSourceTextures has Fibermesh Eyebrows? It says so in the description, but I cannot find them in the file list. In the promos they look like part of the texture.

    It says lashes, not brows. /People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Evangeliya/Evangeliya Fibermesh Lashes.duf according to the File list in the read me http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/69745/file_list

  • Hemi426Hemi426 Posts: 211
    Hemi426 said:
    lana_lass said:
     

    But my vote for character's (not all 2020 releases, soz) who look most like real life hoomans , f that's what we're talking:

    - Hagar by CarbonCrow;

    Ensley, Malika, Noemi, Nadya and Lyra are my fav from Bluejaunte;

    - Asher, Romina, and Gila by Mousso (and Albany is probably my fav for skin textures!)

    - Phoe by Spow (lol that rhymes);

     - Sitric and Allegra by Redzstudio;

    - Eden and Caitlin by Vyktohria;

    - Ainara by Akasha and Anain;

    - Underbelly by Jonny Rampant;

    - Leland, Ester... yeah k pretty much EVERYTHING by Saiyaness;

    - Evangeliya, Eiluned, and Livilla by isourcetextures for realistically imperfect skin;

    - Dain, Floyd, Leroy, Dasan , Vladimir and CJ, Babina, Mabel, Kayo, Alawa and Aubrey from Daz.

    Does anyone know if Evangeliya from iSourceTextures has Fibermesh Eyebrows? It says so in the description, but I cannot find them in the file list. In the promos they look like part of the texture.

    It says lashes, not brows. /People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Evangeliya/Evangeliya Fibermesh Lashes.duf according to the File list in the read me http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/69745/file_list

    From the details:

    "Boasting many feature options, plus Fibermesh Eyebrows and Lashes, Evangeliya HD is ready for all occasions. Get her for your next render!"

  • Hemi426 said:
    Hemi426 said:
    lana_lass said:
     

    But my vote for character's (not all 2020 releases, soz) who look most like real life hoomans , f that's what we're talking:

    - Hagar by CarbonCrow;

    Ensley, Malika, Noemi, Nadya and Lyra are my fav from Bluejaunte;

    - Asher, Romina, and Gila by Mousso (and Albany is probably my fav for skin textures!)

    - Phoe by Spow (lol that rhymes);

     - Sitric and Allegra by Redzstudio;

    - Eden and Caitlin by Vyktohria;

    - Ainara by Akasha and Anain;

    - Underbelly by Jonny Rampant;

    - Leland, Ester... yeah k pretty much EVERYTHING by Saiyaness;

    - Evangeliya, Eiluned, and Livilla by isourcetextures for realistically imperfect skin;

    - Dain, Floyd, Leroy, Dasan , Vladimir and CJ, Babina, Mabel, Kayo, Alawa and Aubrey from Daz.

    Does anyone know if Evangeliya from iSourceTextures has Fibermesh Eyebrows? It says so in the description, but I cannot find them in the file list. In the promos they look like part of the texture.

    It says lashes, not brows. /People/Genesis 8 Female/Characters/Evangeliya/Evangeliya Fibermesh Lashes.duf according to the File list in the read me http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/69745/file_list

    From the details:

    "Boasting many feature options, plus Fibermesh Eyebrows and Lashes, Evangeliya HD is ready for all occasions. Get her for your next render!"

    Unless they are part of the same mesh as the lashes that looks like an error.

  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,099
    edited August 2020

    Just my once-per-year reminder that what is 'real' is actually made up (as in make-up).

    Thank you, Jamie Lee.

     

    jamie lee wanda.jpg
    377 x 454 - 42K
    jamie lee 2002.jpg
    974 x 865 - 73K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,990
    Diomede said:

    Just my once-per-year reminder that what is 'real' is actually made up (as in make-up).

    Thank you, Jamie Lee.

     

     

    Doesn't look like the makeup artist had a very difficult job then. 

  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,099
    edited August 2020

     

    Diomede said:

    Just my once-per-year reminder that what is 'real' is actually made up (as in make-up).

    Thank you, Jamie Lee.

     

     

    Doesn't look like the makeup artist had a very difficult job then. 

    yesyes

    I probably should have said 'made-up and touched-up,' but I agree that Jamie Lee Curtis is and always has been extremely attractive.  heart

    Post edited by Diomede on
  • outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    Diomede said:

    Just my once-per-year reminder that what is 'real' is actually made up (as in make-up).

    Thank you, Jamie Lee.

     

    That movie was released in 1988. Jamie posed without makeup in 2002. That is a 14 year gap in time, she was in her mid 40's by that point, and anybody is going to look radically different after 14 years. A more accurate representation of this would be to post a 2002 picture of her in movie makeup, like the article from 2002 does. So how about...Freaky Friday, LOL. 

  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,099

    Well, I still look exactly like I did 14 years ago (turns head and coughs).  laugh

Sign In or Register to comment.