[In store now] Felidae by AM - Snow Leopard [Commercial]

124»

Comments

• Well actually, as of yesterday, I posted a movie showing a new toy that I'm developing (and it's almost ready), to deliver everything snow to DAZ Studio as well. Take a look:

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

Well actually, as of yesterday, I posted a movie showing a new toy that I'm developing (and it's almost ready), to deliver everything snow to DAZ Studio as well. Take a look:

Awesome. Just what I need.
  • WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,727

Oooo ... ganna be a 3DL toy? How will it work with LAMH critters?

• Oooo ... ganna be a 3DL toy? How will it work with LAMH critters?

The geometry produced by the plugin works also in 3DL, the problem is the snow shader. Given the basic implementation of 3Delight in DS, making a very good looking snow shader is very much unlikely.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Wow, your Materia tool looks enticing.

The Snow Leopard finally went on sale a little while ago so grabbed it. I was surprised at how relatively small sized a cat it is; guess the snow-shoe paws are deceptive.

With the default settings for the fur generation, there are four LAMH groups, with one being the entire body. W/o going into the boring details, I work outside of DS but use it for exporting.  I can then apply weight mapping to the fur, but that does up the file size considerably.  But if I divide up the All-Body group, then everthing's fine. As such, I've Eight Fur sections.

Still looking for a proper enviroment for this guy, but atop an abondoned Siberian bunker in Summer, catching some rays, will have to do for now I guess, until the new tool gets released.

Catching some rays.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Catching some rays Sitting.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • Well actually, as of yesterday, I posted a movie showing a new toy that I'm developing (and it's almost ready), to deliver everything snow to DAZ Studio as well. Take a look:

This is awesome! It looks like it could also be useful for sliming characters or even frosting cakes. Really eager to play with it.