[In store now] Felidae by AM - Snow Leopard [Commercial]

Comments

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Catalyzer hair. 

• JDStriderJDStrider Posts: 98

First and foremost, awesome Snow Leopard! Love it, had to have it hte moment I saw it. Renders beautifully as long as I don't try to use dForce or Catalyer, both result in failure.

The dForce Hair just produce an Error message and the siimulation quits, similar to some other comments above. I tried all of the suggestions that have been made about the Interface Settings and double-checking the Driver version NVIDIA version 451.48 (Studio Driver), no luck there.

i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz 8/16 virtual cores, 64GB RAM, 2 x NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GPU's running Daz Studio 4.12.1.117

The Catalyer crashes DS completely, no messages, just blip and it is gone from the screen. Checked the Windows Task Manager and the application is no longer in memory. The Event Viewer shows an App Crash. I can provide the Windows Error Report is that is helpful?
    Any suggestions are welcome.

• Final render!

Strayed into the Woods.

Thank you so much Allesandro, for your help and the wonderful cat.

Mary

Great render and you are welcome. If you are going to try again renders with the Safe Mode disabled, and get errors feel free to email me the log files, I might be able to help you out.

• JDStrider said:

First and foremost, awesome Snow Leopard! Love it, had to have it hte moment I saw it. Renders beautifully as long as I don't try to use dForce or Catalyer, both result in failure.

The dForce Hair just produce an Error message and the siimulation quits, similar to some other comments above. I tried all of the suggestions that have been made about the Interface Settings and double-checking the Driver version NVIDIA version 451.48 (Studio Driver), no luck there.

i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz 8/16 virtual cores, 64GB RAM, 2 x NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GPU's running Daz Studio 4.12.1.117

The Catalyer crashes DS completely, no messages, just blip and it is gone from the screen. Checked the Windows Task Manager and the application is no longer in memory. The Event Viewer shows an App Crash. I can provide the Windows Error Report is that is helpful?
    Any suggestions are welcome.

Can I ask you to please email me a DAZ Studio log file and a Catalyzer log file (documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\LAMH2IrayCatalyzerAM/LAMH2IrayCatalyzerLogFile.txt) following one of those exit to desktop?

About the dForce simulation, let me check that out. The odd thing is that all Surface parameters are at default, so I'm not quite sure why that happens. I'll post the results here as I discover what's happening.

• Ok, found what the dForce simulation issue was: PS Interpolation Segment Length too small.
    I'm issuing a product update as we speak, but in the meantime you can easily fix it like this (see also attached image):
    - select the four Snow Leopard fur figures
    - in the Surface panel, search for the " PS Interpolation Segment Length" and change it to 0.5

Simulation will now compute well. Sending the update today so you'll find it in your DIM hopefully in a few days.

Fix dForce SnowLeopard.jpg
    1967 x 1109 - 217K
  • FantastArtFantastArt Posts: 232

Sorry, I have the same problems. Unfortunately I can't use the Iray catalyzer and only a small version with dForce hair, without any other things in the scene. DS crashes when I try to load it

• Sorry, I have the same problems. Unfortunately I can't use the Iray catalyzer and only a small version with dForce hair, without any other things in the scene. DS crashes when I try to load it

Loading the dForce version makes DS crash?

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984

When I load a Snow Leopard Catalyzer figure, I receive a message the Snow Leopard requires LAMH Catalyzer version 2.0.0.0.

I originally installed the plugin via DAZ Connect and the plugin is showing version 1.8.0.0.
    Uninstalled and installed via DIM and the plugin is showing version 1.9.0.0

Does DAZ need to update their LAMH Catalyzer installer to 2.0.0.0?

I'm using Daz Studio 4.12.2.6 Beta 

warning.jpg
    455 x 151 - 31K
  • Lindsey said:

When I load a Snow Leopard Catalyzer figure, I receive a message the Snow Leopard requires LAMH Catalyzer version 2.0.0.0.

I originally installed the plugin via DAZ Connect and the plugin is showing version 1.8.0.0.

You can disregard that warning. Just make sure you have Catalyzer version 1.9.

• Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited June 2020

For the folks having issues with the Catalyzer version, can you please email me the log files (DAZ Studio and Catalyzer) and tell me if you are using the Snow Leopard Standard or Clumped fur asset?
    Catalyzer log file can be found in: "Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\LAMH2IrayCatalyzerAM/LAMH2IrayCatalyzerLogFile.txt"

Of course make sure to have latest Catalyzer version 1.9 installed.

Thanks

Post edited by Alessandro Mastronardi on

No, loading the Iray Catalyzer version makes it crash. I can load the dForce version, but I can only render small images

Sorry, I have the same problems. Unfortunately I can't use the Iray catalyzer and only a small version with dForce hair, without any other things in the scene. DS crashes when I try to load it

•  No, loading the Iray Catalyzer version makes it crash. I can load the dForce version, but I can only render small images

Can you email me the log files to take a look at what's going on? dForce version small images... what resolution you mean?

edited June 2020

So I have to say sorry. It was all my fault. My Iray Catalyzer wasn't the new version. I updated it, but since I have my Daz Studio on a different harddrive it wasn't updating.

After the update it works like it should!

I only have problems with the dForce version, but this may be my graphic card. I only have a Nvidia 960M blush I can only try 600x800. My default settings are about 2000x3000

No, loading the Iray Catalyzer version makes it crash. I can load the dForce version, but I can only render small images

Can you email me the log files to take a look at what's going on? dForce version small images... what resolution you mean?

Post edited by FantastArt on

Lindsey said:

I also updated a few minutes ago, and it's the 1.9.0.0 version, but everythingworks fine now!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,861

I also could not resist, so have purchased it immediately.

Hope, that dForce fur works, as well. Have no use of Catalyzer version.

• JDStriderJDStrider Posts: 98

Ok, found what the dForce simulation issue was: PS Interpolation Segment Length too small.
    I'm issuing a product update as we speak, but in the meantime you can easily fix it like this (see also attached image):
    - in the Surface panel, search for the " PS Interpolation Segment Length" and change it to 0.5

Simulation will now compute well. Sending the update today so you'll find it in your DIM hopefully in a few days.

Tried this and it didn't help, I am still getting the same error message when I try to simulate.

edited June 2020
    JDStrider said:

Ok, found what the dForce simulation issue was: PS Interpolation Segment Length too small.

Tried this and it didn't help, I am still getting the same error message when I try to simulate.

If it's the error of dForce being unable to start the simulation, select the 4 Snow Leopard fur figures, go to menu Edit - Figure - Geometry - Add dForce Hair Modifier Hair
    After that simulation should perform correctly.
    Mind that a DIM update is on its way.

Thanks will try this when I get home!

• galiengalien Posts: 136
    edited June 2020
    JDStrider said:

If it's the error of dForce being unable to start the simulation, select the 4 Snow Leopard fur figures, go to menu Edit - Figure - Geometry - Add dForce Hair Modifier Hair

I think that only PA's have access to the "Add dForce Modifier Hair" option.

Post edited by galien on
  • galien said:
    JDStrider said:

I think that only PA's have access to the "Add dForce Modifier Hair" option.

That is true. Well, fix is on the way.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984

Lindsey said:

I also updated a few minutes ago, and it's the 1.9.0.0 version, but everythingworks fine now!

Thanks for chiming in, I didn't try to load and render after DIM installed 1.9.0.0.  Just tried loading one of the snow leopard catalyzer figures and the message went away and the little guy now renders.

• Lindsey said:

Lindsey said:

Thanks for chiming in, I didn't try to load and render after DIM installed 1.9.0.0.  Just tried loading one of the snow leopard catalyzer figures and the message went away and the little guy now renders.

Yes, make sure you guys have latest Catalyzer version 1.9; using a previous one will crash the model on load, or very easily lead to broken renders. Cheers

Daventaki said:

Nope it still will not simulate for me either....

• Daventaki said:
    Daventaki said:

Nope it still will not simulate for me either....

Right. Please wait (if you can) for the update, I'm submitting it right now the fix for the dForce preset... Sorry for the issue.

edited June 2020

No worries I love your creations and I know you are working on it!  Plus I can always use the catalyzer version.

Snow Leopard with dforce Smilodon hair

Post edited by Daventaki on

Ok so ive been messing around and I can't render the dforce version at all without dropping to CPU even at a small 500x500 image.  As you can see in the above pic I can render the smilodon hair no problem.

• Daventaki said:

No worries I love your creations and I know you are working on it!  Plus I can always use the catalyzer version.

Snow Leopard with dforce Smilodon hair

LOL look at him :D

edited June 2020
    Daventaki said:

Ok so ive been messing around and I can't render the dforce version at all without dropping to CPU even at a small 500x500 image.  As you can see in the above pic I can render the smilodon hair no problem.

Try setting both PS Interpolation Segment Length and PR Interpolation Segment Length to 0.5. That should do the trick.

edited June 2020
    Daventaki said:

Try setting both PS Interpolation Segment Length and PR Interpolation Segment Length to 0.5. That should do the trick.

Woohoo!!  I had changed the PS but not the PR!  Thank you!!

snowleoparddforce.jpg
    1500 x 1056 - 2M
    Post edited by Daventaki on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,861
    edited June 2020

Another magnificient animal.

I have changed PS and PR values to 0.2 and it also works.

There are 4 places that Interpolation Segment Lenght appears.

Are we supposed to change them all?

SnowLeopard03pic01scr02.jpg
    1113 x 511 - 183K
    SnowLeopard03pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 466K
    Post edited by Artini on