[In store now] Felidae by AM - Snow Leopard [Commercial]

Comments

• Yes you gotta change it on all four groups.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,861

Thank you, Alessandro.

You are a master - all your animals looks extraordinary.

edited June 2020

Another render with PS and PR Interpolation Segment Length set to 0.4

SnowLeopard04pic05.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 846K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Artini said:

Thank you, Alessandro.

You are a master - all your animals looks extraordinary.

Thanks Artini really appreciated! And congratulations on your beautiful renders.

Thanks a lot, Alessandro.

• DamselDamsel Posts: 374

Alessandro, in some of the promos, the cat's head looks a little out of proportion. In photos of the actual cat, the head looks smaller. Is that just a lens effect?

I love your products, by the way, and God knows you're incredibly helpful. I put him in my cart and intend to buy him.  Here's the photo of the cat I referred to.

EE8F6E59-1571-48AA-AC99-59CE72D5F63E.jpeg
    512 x 307 - 47K
  • Damsel said:

Alessandro, in some of the promos, the cat's head looks a little out of proportion. In photos of the actual cat, the head looks smaller. Is that just a lens effect?

Hi Damsel, I guess you could be right, at least on some specimen the head (probably also because of a shorter or scruffly fur around the neck, or specimen age) can look or be smaller. I guess probably I could add a morph to tune it down a little so that one can set the desired look.

• c567591ac567591a Posts: 39
    edited June 2020

Ok, found what the dForce simulation issue was: PS Interpolation Segment Length too small.
    I'm issuing a product update as we speak, but in the meantime you can easily fix it like this (see also attached image):
    - select the four Snow Leopard fur figures
    - in the Surface panel, search for the " PS Interpolation Segment Length" and change it to 0.5

Simulation will now compute well. Sending the update today so you'll find it in your DIM hopefully in a few days.

Still getting same issue after changing the values of PS and PR Interpolation Length.  :(

DazSnowLeopardIssues_20200629.PNG
    1508 x 1060 - 980K
    Post edited by c567591a on
  • c567591a said:

Ok, found what the dForce simulation issue was: PS Interpolation Segment Length too small.
    I'm issuing a product update as we speak, but in the meantime you can easily fix it like this (see also attached image):
    - in the Surface panel, search for the " PS Interpolation Segment Length" and change it to 0.5

Simulation will now compute well. Sending the update today so you'll find it in your DIM hopefully in a few days.

Still getting same issue after changing the values of PS and PR Interpolation Length.  :(

I know... update on its way...

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,549

Looks lovely

Thanks, Alessandro! I want to tell you how much I appreciate your attention to customer service. You do beautiful work!

• edited June 2020
    c567591a said:

Well I am having the same problem and I have had it for awhile. This is what Daz told me.. It is a driver issue with the dforce and iray and there is no fix for it.I was told to roll back my drivers which I cannot.The option is not availible for me.They also told me that I should contact NVidia and explain that the Iray needs to be fixed to work in Daz Studio. Which I found to be crazy because it's connected to thier products. It only happens with heavily furred models the 2 I have run into so far is the snow leopard and RawArts Snow Beast. Daz is aware of the problem and has no fix or the just don't care because it affect such a small amount of people.

Post edited by cradzinski_3dd03228a0 on
  • c567591a said:

Well I am having the same problem and I have had it for awhile. This is what Daz told me.. It is a driver issue with the dforce and iray and there is no fix for it.I was told to roll back my drivers which I cannot.The option is not availible for me.They also told me that I should contact NVidia and explain that the Iray needs to be fixed to work in Daz Studio. Which I found to be crazy because it's connected to thier products. It only happens with heavily furred models the 2 I have run into so far is the snow leopard and RawArts Snow Beast. Daz is aware of the problem and has no fix or the just don't care because it affect such a small amount of people.

This is an odd technical response (from DAZ I mean). PS and PR Interpolation Length, if set too low, basically cause geometry segment generation to ramp up proportionally. So, if you have 1 segment made of 10 points, interpolating it at 0.01 would produce 10/0.01 = 1000 points. Say you have 1000000 hairs and that will lead to a huge amount of data to be handled, easily way above any computer resource. This is what happens with the Snow Leopard (and maybe other models where interpolation is set too low); with the update things should be fixed for good. I don't see how it could be a driver related issue.

• We'll see with the update but as I said before I have been down this road before and that was thier answer to the problem I even had them refund the money for RawArts snow beast. Now trust me for Daz to give up the $ there has to be a problem they can't fix.But I hope I am wrong in the situation regarding you model and that you can fix it. I'll wait for the update to see if it fixes the problem.

c567591a said:

This is an odd technical response (from DAZ I mean). PS and PR Interpolation Length, if set too low, basically cause geometry segment generation to ramp up proportionally. So, if you have 1 segment made of 10 points, interpolating it at 0.01 would produce 10/0.01 = 1000 points. Say you have 1000000 hairs and that will lead to a huge amount of data to be handled, easily way above any computer resource. This is what happens with the Snow Leopard (and maybe other models where interpolation is set too low); with the update things should be fixed for good. I don't see how it could be a driver related issue.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@cradzinski_3dd03228a0

You can certainly load a different Nvidia driver from the version you have. You also didn't specify what values you used for Inerpolation length and whether you did so for all 4 segments for PR and PS and discussed in this thread.

• fastbike1 said:

@cradzinski_3dd03228a0

You can certainly load a different Nvidia driver from the version you have. You also didn't specify what values you used for Inerpolation length and whether you did so for all 4 segments for PR and PS and discussed in this thread.

I changed the settings as instructed.The driver version is an older version I couldn't find it and I think it has something to do with windows 10. Look I am not a comuter guru here I hit a button and it works or it does'nt.That's why I contacted Daz they said they are aware and at this time there is no fix. What can I tell you? I am just passing along the problem I had with Dforce in some models maybe the update will work but maybe Daz needs to fix the problem or better yet when they put a model in thier store if there may be a problem with this issue they should address it in the description so people like me don't waste thier time buying it and having to go thru the long process of trying to get it resolved. In closing I love Daz I spend alot of money on it and trust me it's pretty easy to get content free,but I feel we should support the artist here. With this issue they just arent putting the effort towards it.But I may be wrong like I said we'll see with the update.

Any update on the update?  I keep checking DIM every day.

• c567591a said:

It's "in testing": if by the end of the week isn't ready I will write support.

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Waiting for the update as well.

• EboshijaanaEboshijaana Posts: 444
    edited July 2020

I was goofing off with the morphs of the snow leopard and then this happened.

It does that with both the base lion and the smilodon.

EDIT: It disappears entirely when I change the PS Interpolation Segment Length from 0.010 to 0.10.

snowleopardbug.png
    580 x 550 - 179K
    Post edited by Eboshijaana on

The update fixed the simulation issue, I can simulate the dForce hair.  :)  Thanks!

• c567591a said:

Hi thank you for the update it works great ,may I ask what you did ? It may work on another model I have. 

• c567591a said:

Hi thank you for the update it works great ,may I ask what you did ? It may work on another model I have. 

Here (from a few posts before):

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,727

The Snow Leopard looks amazing ... Is it safe to assume none of the previously mentioned problems don't occur with the LAMH for 3DL ... right?

And, as expected, your white kitty turned out scores better than mine, so I gotta have it :)

TUYO (Saber bk one) final art version 2 - WEB.jpg
    1207 x 600 - 254K
  • The Snow Leopard looks amazing ... Is it safe to assume none of the previously mentioned problems don't occur with the LAMH for 3DL ... right?

And, as expected, your white kitty turned out scores better than mine, so I gotta have it :)

Right, should work without issues on 3DL...

Right, should work without issues on 3DL...

Is the snow in the primary image an available product, too?   

• Right, should work without issues on 3DL...

It should be released soon but as a Blender material/scene.

Dang ... I only use Daz .... But it looks awesome, so hope it does well :)

• Right, should work without issues on 3DL...

Oh, this would be so exciting!!!  I don't use Blender, however I was able to transfer Blender things to an obj.  This snow is more perfect than real snow!!!  LOL