Making Hair with Hexagon, re-uploaded the set

13»

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited January 2015

Okay, for better or worse ... here's a little 'pom tail' for G2F.

The sphere itself is just that and anybody can load that. The many shading domains are for experimenting with in the Garibaldi plugin.

Really, this was just a sphere started and smoothed to death in Hexagon, so yes you can export it and do whatever you want with it.
    My uvmaps overlap to give the shading domains lots of page space considering their size.
    The shading domains do not overlap.

I think one needs the Garibaldi plugin for the wearable preset to work.

DA Link updated link 13 Jan 015

V6_pom_tail_promo.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    promo2.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 649K
    promo.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 684K
    Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

Haven't forgotten ... there is another large part WIP. Could take awhile yet as I'm working on several things at once.

I did just post some instructions which include making a parented prop over in the Hexagon thread. This information should be applicable also for hats, flowers or any other prop item one might wish to include for a hair piece.

{might also like to take a look at John's beautiful sword tutorial on the preceding pages} ;-)

edited January 2015

Okay ... here's part five! Starting from the beginning with the creation of a clothing dummy through making a hat and some ideas for hair.

Updated link 13 Jan 2015

modelling_hair_part_five_promo.png
    734 x 947 - 186K
    Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

okay this isn't free ... but for those wanting professional hat with hair ... look what's in Fastgrab!
    A5 [Genesis] Jenade Hair :-)

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

I notice all the Deviant Arts links are busted now. Is there a chance these tutorials are hosted somewhere else now?

edited December 1969

I notice all the Deviant Arts links are busted now. Is there a chance these tutorials are hosted somewhere else now?

... you know, I have this silly idea in my head that when I upload stuff, people all rush out and download right away ... and then when the downloads appear to cease, i retire the links ... I should know better by now lol ... they should still be on my main computer [somewhere] so when I find them I can re-up them for you.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited January 2015

Well, it could happen, that there also some new visitors here each day, :) Maybe these visitors are interested in your tutorials too.

Post edited by RCTSpanky on
    edited December 1969

Yes that's part of why I should know better by now lol ...

Anyway, I have re-upped a bunch of tutorials: Tutorial Folder

And I've also reupped some models. Model Folder

• Is this still available?

• nitehawk_ltdnitehawk_ltd Posts: 387
    edited December 2017

No. Her account on DeviantArt has been deactivated. No reason given. sad

Post edited by nitehawk_ltd on
  • She has a thread here : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/189206/freebies-by-catherine3678a#latest where she posted on december 17, 2017 for the last time.

Hi folks, just have a short minute to wave past, happy New Year to all!  I do have more hair tutorial ideas on the Drawing Board. Grab Hexie while it's free!!!

• kenmokenmo Posts: 895

Same to you all the best in 2018.... When I click your tutorial folder I do not see any Hexagon Hair Tutorials. I do see three tutorials 

Using the Face Pose Bones of Genesis 3,  Making Projection Morphs and Making a Basic Shader. 

I also see something about Artists in Seaside California which coincidentally an old friend Anne Marie from Nova Scotia is one of the artists living in Seaside... Small world, eh...

I made a new tutorial for 2018 :-)

Making Hair using Hexagon [and Daz Studio, Garibaldi, DynCreator]

No. Her account on DeviantArt has been deactivated. No reason given. sad

Well at the time yeah I did but the pages don't stay up long once the request is made ;-)

I take LOTS of photos, I like to share them [because taking photos about the Sun is dangerous and I would rather people take and use what they want rather than trying to go blind getting similar photos] HOWEVER DA has no way to clear folders except by deleting "one by one." They will clear the mass only if one closes the account. So that's what I do.

• heatherllyheatherlly Posts: 19
    edited August 2021

Why put so much work into creating tutorials only to intentionally delete them after a short period of time? There are no limitations or expiration dates on Deviant Art… I've got resources I uploaded there 16+ years ago that are still being downloaded.

If you do see this (I know it's been 3+ years), I hope you'll reconsider and repost your tutorials without taking them down again. I'm sure they'd be useful (and very much appreciated) for users like me who stumble across this thread.

Post edited by heatherlly on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,783

heatherlly said:

Why put so much work into creating tutorials only to intentionally delete them after a short period of time? There are no limitations or expiration dates on Deviant Art… I've got resources I uploaded there 16+ years ago that are still being downloaded.

If you do see this (I know it's been 3+ years), I hope you'll reconsider and repost your tutorials without taking them down again. I'm sure they'd be useful (and very much appreciated) for users like me who stumble across this thread.

They had a change of Identity and are quite active...

https://www.deviantart.com/catherine3678ab

• Yes I'm still around ;-)

Tutorials tend to become dated almost as soon as they are made. The user interface changes, the rules change, whatever.

And somehow I like to think that with more experience, the next one would be better.

Wouldn't stress yourselves too much over why I do anything, good way to go coo-coo [jk].

I know some are hoping for new tutorials from me with regards to making hair in Hexagon -- we are in Aug., HEAT WAVES ... and we all just have to wait awhile. I've got fans on my fans, basically working in survival mode.

In the meantime, if you have some specific interest you hope I might cover, feel free to ask.