Deepsea EVE HD for Genesis through Genesis 8

2»

Comments

• DeepseaDeepsea Posts: 119

I'm sorry RAMWOLFF. I never used Poser. I started as an Publisher Artist on the daz software.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

That's fine.  It was just an observation considering both of the earlier versions of Genesis were fully Poser compatible.  

• Personally I'm really sad. I bought Eve exclusively for her bump maps, and in genesis 8 arms and torso ones dosen't feet.

• Personally I'm really sad. I bought Eve exclusively for her bump maps, and in genesis 8 arms and torso ones dosen't feet.

? Just loaded the figure, loads with the Base Female uvs ... upped the resolution and did spot renders, found no seam issues. So kindly provide some images as to what you are talking about. Put a red circle around the areas that are not fitting.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,019
    edited November 2020

... edited ... I figured this out.

Load the Character file. For example if one loads G2F then applies the uvsets the arms will not match. So load the character file and the appropriate uvset - for G2F this would be the DeepseaEve set. [for the skins].

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • bossio.giuseppebossio.giuseppe Posts: 5
    edited November 2020

Load the Character file. For example if one loads G2F then applies the uvsets the arms will not match. So load the character file and the appropriate uvset - for G2F this would be the DeepseaEve set. [for the skins].

My bad, I didn't specified that I was talking about Genesis 8 figure.

Here it is, no need of red circles, I guess

Post edited by bossio.giuseppe on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Red dots are not allowed on these forums actually  See this thread regarding Acceptable Ways of Handling Nudity

•  

Better now?

sds2.jpg
    652 x 962 - 340K
  • Chohole said:

Red dots are not allowed on these forums actually  See this thread regarding Acceptable Ways of Handling Nudity

A red circle around error spots has nothing to do with nudity.

edited November 2020

Better now?

Okay I see what you're talking about. {you can delete the first image you attached, they don't appreciate too many details in the forum}

Interesting. My test renders did not show any difference so possibly an adjustment of lights would help. Also if any changes are made to the skin shader for the torso, to be sure that matches with the settings for the arm.

Yes I did see your mention of G8F, for the edition of G2F there is a drastic difference for the arms if one is using the wrong uvset.

edited November 2020

Okay. I ran a few fast renders - default lighting, no headlamp. Iray of course.

1. It should be noted that extreme HD is not necessarily required for close-ups so it is common to either use or make a few extra mats to have adjustments made to the strength of the bump, displacement and/or normal maps.

I've named the renders for what they are displaying. Model is the exact same, dialed up the subdivision to 3 and the render subdivision floated up to whatever it goes to. For extreme close-ups I'd go with zapping the bump map altogether unless one is wanting goosebumps. For more general rather closeup shots tuning it down to 0.5 might help. For greater distance it can be dialed in full and as you can see, we don't notice any non-matching issues for that area. If one has any HD figure in the far background one might as well tune off all HD maps, etc. as they would do nothing but slow down the render.

So I would encourage you to adjust the settings and see if you can find a way they can work for you. I don't work for the company, just another customer such as yourself. If after a few days of working with it you are really still upset about the product, there is the 30-day return policy [not to be abused though]. Realize that this figure is installed for ALL the Genesis figures and IMHO is worth hanging onto.

As it loads with a little distance has all the mats at full strength "as they load"

As it loads with a little distance.png
    700 x 700 - 357K
    SubD3.png
    700 x 700 - 685K
    where seam is.png
    700 x 700 - 1M
    with the Bump image removed.png
    700 x 700 - 674K
    With the Bump maps at 0.5.png
    700 x 700 - 675K
  • bossio.giuseppebossio.giuseppe Posts: 5
    edited November 2020

Let's begin apologizing for my bad (and rusty) English, that doesen't allow me to explain properly.

I thank @Catherine3678ab for her answers, and fundamentaly I agree. But if someones buys an HD character, it's because he is in need of details. Some details are provided from the hd model, others are provided by maps. We could write rivers of worbs about it (and it has been done, already), and for sure there will be someone that would be pleased to explain me that I'm wrong and the reasons because (everyone welcome, btw). So, I would pass off. And focus on something a bit different (that was the main reason of my post). It is the bump maps of this product (excellent, apart of all). 

As I have shown on the render above, we can see the great job that Eve's bmps do (custom char, made with multiple maps, and just the Eve's bmps). I circled in Red the parts were the bmps make very well the job, for my taste and for what I was looking for. That said, it is very clear that the arms' bmps don't join to torso's ones as expected (blue circle). And it's also very true if we move the sourcelight to "brush" the model instead to hit him directly (second image, that I would go to post).

Could I cut off the bmps? Sure, I can, but I would lose details, that I'm looking for.

DEFAULT BMP.jpg
    1860 x 962 - 493K
    Post edited by bossio.giuseppe on
  • Despite the zoom out (so btms are less usefull since they are less evident) the "cut" between the two bmps are very evident.

DEFAULT BMPS 2.jpg
    1173 x 962 - 319K
  • Let's begin apologizing for my bad (and rusty) English, that doesen't allow me to explain properly.

I thank @Catherine3678ab for her answers, and fundamentaly I agree. But if someones buys an HD character, it's because he is in need of details. Some details are provided from the hd model, others are provided by maps. We could write rivers of worbs about it (and it has been done, already), and for sure there will be someone that would be pleased to explain me that I'm wrong and the reasons because (everyone welcome, btw). So, I would pass off. And focus on something a bit different (that was the main reason of my post). It is the bump maps of this product (excellent, apart of all). 

As I have shown on the render above, we can see the great job that Eve's bmps do (custom char, made with multiple maps, and just the Eve's bmps). I circled in Red the parts were the bmps make very well the job, for my taste and for what I was looking for. That said, it is very clear that the arms' bmps don't join to torso's ones as expected (blue circle). And it's also very true if we move the sourcelight to "brush" the model instead to hit him directly (second image, that I would go to post).

Could I cut off the bmps? Sure, I can, but I would lose details, that I'm looking for.

Oh I quite agree with you. There is some fundamental difference there with the bump map between the arm and the torso. It's not that you're wrong, it is that we all tend to find some work-a-rounds at times. It is not likely that Deepsea is going to redo the entire skin set just for this. It might be that using Photoshop or whichever image editor you work with, making a copy of the bump map and brush it a tad smoother in the area to be made smoother. Save it with a different name, replace the original bump map on the Surface Panel and save a new mat for the figure. Then you can have the best of both options. 

Making perfectly fitting skins with for all aspects is challenging to say the least. Some of this has to do with how much space per square the mesh has for its uvmap. A very large jump in detailing possibilites lies for example between the face and the head of various figures such as V4 and M4 for example.

... or of course we can find some nice clothing with sleeves [says she jokingly heading for the hills lol ...]