Replicate a face from a frontal photo, at hand, no plugins that fails

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,732
    edited April 2020
    carrie58 said:

I used Face Transfer and the add on for it to do this ,used GIMP to get the hair off her forehead   and then ended up useing brow remover ,to get rid of her brows ,

maybe if you (we) use other photos, I have a lot more.

I´m experimenting with such photos  too.

The problem with photos is that a person may look very different from one photo to another, especially if the person is at different ages on the photos, or if they're using different makeup or none at all (some of the "stars" out there actually look very different and not always very pretty without makeup - sometimes you think "wow is that really her?").  So choose one photo (or perhaps one front and one profile shot) and stick to that, otherwise you may end up getting totally confused (speaking from experience).

Post edited by Taoz on
  • alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130
    edited April 2020

I have facegen but am unsure at the legality of sharing a morph made with it for other tthan my own use. The three pictures you post about look low contrast and too much hair on the forehead to give the best automated FaceGen results.

yep is illegal, but just share your result!!,

if you convince me (or facegen convince me) I could buy the software. wink

No, it is perfectly legal to share the morph made by Facegen! it is right there in Facegen's legal section:

https://facegen.com/artist_legal.htm

"Legal

Texture images, morph targets and FaceGen '.fg' files created with Artist are yours to distribute."

And of course this would have been cleared by Daz's legal team in order for Facegen to post it. So its cool! You also share the .fg file too, so people can use the .fg file to create their own version from their own copy of Facegen.

So its fine. There are people at ShareCG that share their Facegen created faces. One is Dumbuser. He has a bunch of really cool Facegen people up.

I'd love to see some kind of sharing thread for Facegen creations. It should be its own thread.

I believe Face Transfer allows it as well, but I cannot find the readme file or any info on it. Perhaps somebody could chime in on this for clarification. 

Is that the same as https://www.daz3d.com/facegen-artist-pro ? It's weird I can find no connection between the two. Or any mention of the sharing on the Daz site.

Post edited by alex86fire on
  • ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385

Hrmmm... I'll grab one of the pics and see what I can do with MRs. Probably cost me some time in Maya LT, but I might be able to pull it off.

Good luck, share your result when done. cool

Wow, That looks awesome! :)

Thanks, still does not have name but I think she does exists in real life but I can´t find in which Kpop group she exists.

Taoz said:

The problem with photos is that a person may look very different from one photo to another, especially if the person is at different ages on the photos, or if they're using different makeup or none at all (some of the "stars" out there actually look very different and not always very pretty without makeup - sometimes you think "wow is that really her?").  So choose one photo (or perhaps one front and one profile shot) and stick to that, otherwise you may end up getting totally confused (speaking from experience).

Yes, you are right, in such case I will choose this photo because is the most recent of her and looks more natural in makeup, soft light, etc.

edited April 2020

if someone interested this is the video for more references, in the segment 03:58

https://www.vlive.tv/video/183980?channelCode=C1B7AF

Post edited by Zilvergrafix on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I have facegen but am unsure at the legality of sharing a morph made with it for other tthan my own use. The three pictures you post about look low contrast and too much hair on the forehead to give the best automated FaceGen results.

Oh, I tried but the bangs on the forehead cause those FaceGen 'Neanderthal' browridges to happen!

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

if someone interested this is the video for more references, in the segment 03:58

https://www.vlive.tv/video/183980?channelCode=C1B7AF

I couldn't get vlive to stream.  Here's the Youtube version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO4T-pjYqD0  Very cute. :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817
    edited June 2021

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,772

Do you have Rarestone's morph pack? https://www.daz3d.com/rarestone-s-face-morphs-collection-for-genesis-8-female

Many of Rarestone's characters look a bit like your idol, which makes me think this might help.

• brimstoneomegabrimstoneomega Posts: 343
    edited April 2020

Try Pure Ref. It's a program that will let you keep an image open on top of other windows, and you can also change the opacity of it. Take a picture of the girl you want to recreate and overlay it ontop of the genesis character and then try adjusting the morphs. You can match it a lot easier this way.

https://www.pureref.com/download.php

You can pay if you want, or do the custom amount and just type in 0 :)

Screenshot (72).png
    1920 x 1080 - 715K
    Screenshot (71).png
    1920 x 1080 - 469K
    Screenshot (70).png
    1920 x 1080 - 765K
    Post edited by brimstoneomega on
  • outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

No, it is perfectly legal to share the morph made by Facegen! it is right there in Facegen's legal section:

https://facegen.com/artist_legal.htm

"Legal

Texture images, morph targets and FaceGen '.fg' files created with Artist are yours to distribute."

And of course this would have been cleared by Daz's legal team in order for Facegen to post it. So its cool! You also share the .fg file too, so people can use the .fg file to create their own version from their own copy of Facegen.

So its fine. There are people at ShareCG that share their Facegen created faces. One is Dumbuser. He has a bunch of really cool Facegen people up.

I'd love to see some kind of sharing thread for Facegen creations. It should be its own thread.

I believe Face Transfer allows it as well, but I cannot find the readme file or any info on it. Perhaps somebody could chime in on this for clarification. 

Is that the same as https://www.daz3d.com/facegen-artist-pro ? It's weird I can find no connection between the two. Or any mention of the sharing on the Daz site.

Yes, its the same software. You can contact Facegen directly and speak with them, which I have. I actually bought Facegen Artist Home direct from Facegen years ago before they were in the Daz store. Then when they started selling on Daz, they made an upgraded version Facegen Artist Pro, which is the version they sell on Daz. So one day I upgraded when it was on sale. So I have both versions.

Now when it comes to textures, I am sure you guys know that only means the default textures. Facegen allows you to use any texture you want for the creation, but if you use a custom texture then obviously you cannot share that texture without permission from the one who made it.

But without question the head morph that Facegen creates can be shared. I've shared a Facegen head morph myself. My "Tom" is over at ShareCG.
    edited April 2020

Oh, I tried but the bangs on the forehead cause those FaceGen 'Neanderthal' browridges to happen!

In Japan (because she is japanese) girls are very shy to show forehead for some weird reason, that´s why use bangs.

Sevrin said:

I couldn't get vlive to stream.  Here's the Youtube version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO4T-pjYqD0  Very cute. :)

Yep, very cute, thanks for the YT recomendation! 

Hylas said:

Do you have Rarestone's morph pack? https://www.daz3d.com/rarestone-s-face-morphs-collection-for-genesis-8-female

Many of Rarestone's characters look a bit like your idol, which makes me think this might help.

Yes I have!, just I need time to going deep on so many parameters.

Try Pure Ref. It's a program that will let you keep an image open on top of other windows, and you can also change the opacity of it. Take a picture of the girl you want to recreate and overlay it ontop of the genesis character and then try adjusting the morphs. You can match it a lot easier this way.

https://www.pureref.com/download.php

You can pay if you want, or do the custom amount and just type in 0 :)

Whoaaa! like Zbrush! I need that, THANKS! yeslaugh

Post edited by Zilvergrafix on

Even with exact wireframed face I got a different character, a cute one! but not Sakura yet

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Of course, you can do essentially the same thing that Pure Ref does, right in DAZ Studio. Simply create a new plane primitive, rotate it 90 degrees on the X-axis, then adjust the X-scale so it has the same aspect ratio as your reference photo. Next, apply the reference photo to the diffuse channel (no need to use Iray settings since you are not going to be rendering the image). Now you can translate, scale, etc. the image to fit over the face of your figure and adjust the opacity to suit your needs.

SixDs said:

Of course, you can do essentially the same thing that Pure Ref does, right in DAZ Studio. Simply create a new plane primitive, rotate it 90 degrees on the X-axis, then adjust the X-scale so it has the same aspect ratio as your reference photo. Next, apply the reference photo to the diffuse channel (no need to use Iray settings since you are not going to be rendering the image). Now you can translate, scale, etc. the image to fit over the face of your figure and adjust the opacity to suit your needs.

you're right, I've done that before, PureRef simplifies all... or maybe I'm getting lazy hahaha 

• there are several fan pages of her on facebook found a few good side profile pics of her which will help get her head morph fairly accurate in facegen maybe some tweaking in studio with other face morphs. Another thing with facegen is it also gives you a body skin texture based on her skin texture which has worked pretty well for me with others done and you can add other body skin elements like stretch marks or makeup via skin builder 8. There also a lot of bikini model shoots she's done so you can use them as a referance to recreate her body shape via morphs. Still as others said hard to find an image minus bangs or closed mouth which makes her tricky. Anyway here's some side head shots found for any others to try and replicate her tooka long tie to find these ones. With the frontal image I tried to blend her closed mouth from your image didn't get it quite right but maybe someone can fix it

Sakura Miyawaki singer 70682890_979989085671580_2320635121394253824_o.jpg
    853 x 1278 - 155K
    Sakura Miyawaki singer -1186823900816035840-EHhyCm6UwAE6aHY.jpeg.keep.fff.png.pagespeed.ic.nRuU_4FguC.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 116K
    Sakura Miyawaki singer 4d9dea486f479fa6bc2575f6ebe0bf74f98b66c8r1-867-1300v2_hq.jpg
    682 x 1024 - 43K
    Sakura Miyawaki singer EFoO7RHVAAAXTbI.jpeg
    1437 x 2155 - 266K
    Sakura Miyawaki singer 70682890_979989085671580_2320635121394253824_o mirror .jpg
    853 x 1278 - 708K
    Sakura Miyawaki singer 68288546_957073507963138_6541013107639058432_n.jpg
    554 x 554 - 34K
    Sakura Miyawaki singer edit .jpg
    554 x 554 - 184K
  • kwanniekwannie Posts: 865

Did another Face Gen based on a  grab from the video above. If you like either of them  Iet me know,  I'm sure I get you something you could use.

Sakura Miyawaki_002.png
    433 x 495 - 120K
    Sakura Miyawaki.png
    419 x 566 - 121K

This one yeilded fairly cartoony skin. All depends on the photo

Sakura Miyawaki_003.png
    429 x 536 - 171K

Just noticed I grabed the wrong girls face from the video above. Ooops

edited June 2021

• lvls3dxlvls3dx Posts: 48
    edited November 2020

Hi.

I am also interested in these kind of things and have messed with it for a long time.

My conclusion is that the most important is not the morph itself but the textures and final rendering settings used.

But of course, good morphs also help a lot if the face has unique features.

in that sense here at daz we have a fellow user, @TritiumCG, who makes great head morphs for a very reasonable price. you can check his devianart page for more info:

https://www.deviantart.com/tritiumcg

Post edited by lvls3dx on

there are several fan pages of her on facebook found a few good side profile pics of her which will help get her head morph fairly accurate in facegen maybe some tweaking in studio with other face morphs. Another thing with facegen is it also gives you a body skin texture based on her skin texture which has worked pretty well for me with others done and you can add other body skin elements like stretch marks or makeup via skin builder 8. There also a lot of bikini model shoots she's done so you can use them as a referance to recreate her body shape via morphs. Still as others said hard to find an image minus bangs or closed mouth which makes her tricky. Anyway here's some side head shots found for any others to try and replicate her tooka long tie to find these ones. With the frontal image I tried to blend her closed mouth from your image didn't get it quite right but maybe someone can fix it

Good side references, that will help me a lot, thanks!

the last ones is not Sakura but Irene from Red Velvet, the reason why named like Sakura is because Sakura is fan of Irene

SakuraIsNotIreneLOL.PNG
    1207 x 564 - 1M
    kwannie said:

Did another Face Gen based on a  grab from the video above. If you like either of them  Iet me know,  I'm sure I get you something you could use.

I think she is Yujin?

I usually start by Gimping them bald

my postwork skills are not great blush

I also don't own any of the face generators for Genesis 3 &8

try this Gimped image in yours

I have Facegen but for Genesis 1 & 2

can share FG file in zip

my render below is G2F

very close morphs!, I know the cheeks are being troublesome in Sakura and in any asian female, in 3D they expands more than reality like an eskimo etnic

edited June 2021

lvls3dx said:

Hi.

I am also interested in these kind of things and have messed with it for a long time.

My conclusion is that the most important is not the morph itself but the textures and final rendering settings used.

But of course, good morphs also help a lot if the face has unique features.

in that sense here at daz we have a fellow user, @TritiumCG, who makes great head morphs for a very reasonable price. you can check his devianart page for more info:

https://www.deviantart.com/tritiumcg

going to check that, thanks!

• davidtriunedavidtriune Posts: 452
    edited April 2020

You can probably extract the texture from photos using this method.

1. First spread out the face https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlJ0lWzSI-U

2. wrap the photo's face onto genesis 8 using ZWrap (ZBrush plugin) https://texturing.xyz/pages/killer-workflow-using-xyz-and-zwrap

Post edited by davidtriune on
  • CELESRACELESRA Posts: 86
    edited April 2020

remove

Post edited by CELESRA on
  • thats cool wasn't sure really thought they were bit different and no not saying all look same thing btw a lot of people do look alike yes true even white people actually to me a lot of white people do and I am white, anyway this was all on a facebook fan page there's even one girl didn't think was her died her hair light as well as her eyebrows know some do that too. Silly question do you have any of the asian premade asian ladies from here there's some really good ones you may be able to get pretty close to her if you have also some of the various morphs packs to het close to her. I have a fair few I think with some playing around the girl in the Nam Terror set could get close to her, her mouth looks close to her in your first photo and brows nose close maybe adjust eyes and jaw and moves her ears more out but think she's closest to her out of all the ones I have and she's cute too

https://www.daz3d.com/nam-terror-set-for-genesis-8-female