Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 13

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861
    edited December 2020

Yep, that upper lip is definitely not right. Thanks for pointing that out. I do like that hair, and use those poses quite a bit. 

I also agree about the nose. Really sharp. But at least we get diversity in shapes. :) 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 2020

VW Margot (V8)            dForce Ezra Hair (G8)         dForce Alivia Candy Dress (G8F) 

For the clothes sale, (10 or less items yesterday)  I went strictly with the Arryn / Onnel vendors. SUCH classy dresses. You get a lot of material options, instead of constantly being charged for additional sets. (Again, over at Rendo, there's usually more texture sets by different vendors. Edit- I checked and there are two different sets offered.) 

Be sure and note the cute jewelry :) 

Margo EzraHr Alivia Candy Dress 2 Luminar.jpg
    650 x 1100 - 728K
    Margo EzraHr Alivia Candy Dress 3 Luminar.jpg
    670 x 1100 - 959K
    Margo EzraHr Alivia Candy Dress 4 LUMINAR.jpg
    670 x 1100 - 970K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,060

Genesis with my changes to the skin for Iray.

2020-12-16 16:45:02.582 Total Rendering Time: 2 minutes 24.78 seconds

The hair is Suzan Hair for Genesis and Genesis 2.Females

https://www.daz3d.com/suzan-hair-for-genesis-and-genesis-2-females

Click on image for full size.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,623

Novica said:

VW Margot (V8)            dForce Ezra Hair (G8)         dForce Alivia Candy Dress (G8F) 

For the clothes sale, (10 or less items yesterday)  I went strictly with the Arryn / Onnel vendors. SUCH classy dresses. You get a lot of material options, instead of constantly being charged for additional sets. (Again, over at Rendo, there's usually more texture sets by different vendors. Edit- I checked and there are two different sets offered.) 

Be sure and note the cute jewelry :) 

Cute! I didn't have this dress so I have wishlisted.  I have been know to buy thier outfits just for the jewelry... Not to let down thier dresses because I like those too!

edited December 2020

I'll be posting the other images soon, but we have a very severe line of thunderstorms (Tornado Watch) and it just started thundering. I'm afraid of losing internet connection for days again, so going to get this posted.  I'll list all the other products in the upcoming posts. (I hope!)   Happy Holidays / Merry Christmas! 

Christmas Card 2020 2.jpg
    1400 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,359

That's a beautifully made card!

edited December 2020

Avil Balcony          RY Belynda (G8F)          dForce Lily Holiday Outfit (G8F)      Adeline Hair  And Circlets (G8F)       GHD TableTop Decoration     

Country Christmas Table Decor          Gingerbread House Kit         Christmas Props And Poses (G8F/ G8M)           BeachScapes Backdrops Vol 1     

DG Iray Sci-Fi Surface Lights Shader 2           Creative Emissive Lighting for Iray           Christmas Chaos Props               Christmas Cheer     

Holiday Sweets     SY Christmas Lights  (freebie or not in store)  

Thought you'd enjoy seeing a lot of the Christmas/ Holiday items recently offered. The vendors really outdid themselves! 

The thunderstorms are rolling in, we already had a tornado in Mobile, Alabama at 2:30am and the line will be here in an hour or so.

This took six hours to put together. CLICK TO ENLARGE, it's 1200px. See what products you can spot. 

Tip: Put a cookie on top of the cake.
    Tip: Put that fireplace garland above an outside window. If it's a covered patio, the stockings would be sheltered from the weather. :) 
    Tip: Use the gingerbread house as a serving platter. I loaded it full of cookies and drinks for her to carry.
    Tip: Remove the balcony railing and you have a street-level patio. (In this case, on the beach.) 
    Tip: Use metallic shaders and turn light bulbs into ornaments. (Such as the string of red ones, below.) 

Use the Gingerbread House Kit as a serving platter and add other food items for a really decorative appearance!

I just love this Santa light with the mailbox. They come from two different products IIRC. But if you put Santa on the wall by the mailbox, it looks like he's welcoming you to post your letters. 

Christmas 1 Lum.jpg
    1200 x 1080 - 2M
    Christmas 2.jpg
    1200 x 1080 - 1M
    Christmas 3.jpg
    1200 x 1080 - 1M
    Christmas 6 LUM.jpg
    700 x 630 - 581K
    Christmas 7LUM.jpg
    700 x 630 - 516K
    Christmas 11 LUM.jpg
    1200 x 1080 - 2M
    Christmas 4 LUM.jpg
    700 x 630 - 543K
    Christmas 5 LUM.jpg
    700 x 630 - 551K
    Christmas 8 LUM.jpg
    700 x 630 - 631K
    Christmas 9 LUM.jpg
    700 x 630 - 556K
    Christmas 10 Luminar PShop 2.jpg
    2778 x 2500 - 2M
    Post edited by Novica on

@barbult  Thank you! 

I'm going to head to bed even though I won't get much sleep with the weather radio beeping warnings. G'nite! (er, morning...) 

• Very nice card

Happy Holidays to everyone

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,187

Lovely set of pics! Merry Christmas to Novica and all her readers!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,956

Merry Christmas

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,826

Very clever Novica! Lovely card and I love all the details acround the scene. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,146

Great renders Novica, very creative. Merry Christmas to you and to all!

Thanks everyone. Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to everyone too! 

Wanted to share a feel-good story from last week. The CNA who is a good friend to Mom who only works weekends was there Thursday when I went to visit. It was about 70 degrees- and we stepped way back (about 8 feet which is about 3 feet past the patio) and she opened the patio doors so we could talk to Mom face to face! The first time since last February. That CNA knows I don't go out to eat and get my groceries put in my car, aka I don't go in to Walmart, and my husband teleworks most of the time at the moment. (Love those virtual meetings :)  )   So Mom's face lit up and we chatted like "normal."

Hope your holiday today is the best it can be.  It's just sad we even have to think about this today, instead of focusing on the reason for the season.

Headed out to my sons' condo over at Eglin, going to see Mom first so have to get going. Have a great day!

• EtaminEtamin Posts: 126

The card looks great, and also looks like a lot of work.  Great that you were actually able to see and talk to your mum directly without a door or window in the way.

Happy Christmas everyone!

• Beautiful Christmas card @Novica! Happy Holidays to all!

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,623
    edited December 2020

Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Glad you got to talk face to face with your Mom that is awesome!  My heart goes out to all those who are seperated from their familys during these times.

Post edited by Daventaki on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,841

Novica, that is a fun card and I am also thrilled you were able to speak directly to your mother. 

I hope everyone has had a good holiday period and that your new year will be full of happy moments, health, and security.

Mary

edited December 2020

Okay, this is new. In the Render pane, the Environment and Tone Mapping are GONE. I didn't do anything, but now I have Spectral Rendering and Section Objects showing when I am in the Render pane, Editor tab as usual. Where'd they go and how do I get them back????? SO annoying. I literally had that Christmas render open, didn't change a thing, shut the computer, opened it again to do other work today, came back in to the studio and those things were gone!  And yes, I've already exited and come back in. Still gone.

Edit- here's the explanation. 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/457996/dome-ground-et-cetera-gone-from-render-pane

This is the STUPIDEST innovation for the new studio. You have to do a scene, go Iray view, get out of it, then Tone Mapping and Environment appear. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,291

Ahh, I was just defending the change to someone.  First, if you apply a preset like a HDRI or lighting, they are automatically created.  Second, if you merge scenes, you now have the option of adding (or not) your toning and environment settings.  Third,it allows for all of those bridges to Octane, Blender,  etc.. who deal with that sort of stuff differently. And, finally, if you have a scene with lighting and environment you like, you can copy and paste it into a new scene like magic!  I promise, it gives you powers you never had before!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,956

Novica said:

Okay, this is new. In the Render pane, the Environment and Tone Mapping are GONE. I didn't do anything, but now I have Spectral Rendering and Section Objects showing when I am in the Render pane, Editor tab as usual. Where'd they go and how do I get them back????? SO annoying. I literally had that Christmas render open, didn't change a thing, shut the computer, opened it again to do other work today, came back in to the studio and those things were gone!  And yes, I've already exited and come back in. Still gone.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/457996/dome-ground-et-cetera-gone-from-render-pane

This is the STUPIDEST innovation for the new studio. You have to do a scene, go Iray view, get out of it, then Tone Mapping and Environment appear. 

They are not gone from DAZ Studio though, but in the Scene tab now and if missing you added them via the DAZ Studio menus (the Create one I think near the very bottom). There is also a 'Filament' in addition to the Tone Mapping and Environment. Well not gone from the newest public beta.

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Novica said:

I take it that you upgraded DS to 4.14?  

• Novica said:

Add the nodes (from the Create menu), and make any other changes you want to be set by default, then save a scene file. In Edit>Preferencs (Daz Studio>Preferences for Mac users) you can use the Startup tab to tell DS to load that scene on launch and/or use the Scene tab to tell it to load that scene on creating a new scene.

I'm not seeing the benefits of this. Before, the Render Pane had it conveniently located within the pane. Just click and then click on Tone Mapping, or Environment.

Saving a scene that was set up was already easy to do, just Save, then save it as Scene, then just open it. (Using the open recent.) I don't see much time saved by loading it when the studio launches. But thanks for explaining the options. 

I won't be online much today or tomorrow, I am making folders/getting images/ downloading all of my HiveWire stuff. I don't know if you'll be able to get images after the store closes January 4th, so if you want those to put in your product folders, you may need to hustle. The downloads will be available until end of January, but I haven't read about if the actual store will still be up (which has the images.)

For those who haven't done images, just open two tabs and minimalize (the double squares, upper right, by the X)  which makes it smaller, then grab the corner of it to reduce it in size. Do the same with your explorer files page, MAKE SURE THEY DON'T OVERLAP. That way you can be in HiveWire in one pane, and explorer in your other. If they overlap, one may keep "disappearing." Simply click and drag images from the HiveWire page over into the folder. 

If you want updates to Ken's birds, you need to do a screenshot of your Daz Product Library or DIM. Isn't that great, with how screwed up those are right now? Grrrr. 

I do have a question, where do you find your HiveWire customer number? Supposedly need to give that to Ken so the updates can be put in your products over at HiveWire. I can't find my customer number on any orders or in my account  :(    Probably overlooking it.

Using Taoz's script (easy to use btw) I have over SIX HUNDRED products with black swirlies / messed up in Product Library.

Heads up, if you have Songbird Remix: Near and Far Bundle, file a ticket if you don't have Songbird Remix: Woodpeckers in your DIM or Product Library.   I don't. It's part of that bundle.

I checked the South of the Border, Birds of the World,  and Mostly Parrots Bundle and everything is there for me (Those also start with "Songbird Remix:") 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,841

@Novica, thank you for the reminder. This morning I did another download, with pictures onto my iMac and then went shopping! How can I use up my points if they keep giving me more of them? I must say that the Song Bird Remix is an incredible source of information on birds for someone who didn't grow up with them (except a stray parakeet and mallard duck). 

Folks, I really hope everyone has a better 2021 than their 2020. 

Heads up, the Luminar bundle has been extended to January 6th!!!! It's phenomenal. I use it for sharpening, artificial skies, color adjustments, face brightening, eye whitening, teeth whitening- it's so much faster and easier than Photoshop (which I also use, but really a beginner. So I am comparing how easy it is for a beginner to use.)  Get the $25 option because there's a lot of add-ons for Luminar in there. If anyone doesn't know where to find this, just PM me. 

@memcneil70     Yeah, year 2020 for me was Mom getting the virus, the fire raging near the stables, Hurricane Sally coming to Pensacola area. So ring in 2021! It's  rather sad, because 2020 is such a neat sounding year, like 3030, 4040, etc. Wow, think about 1010, how long ago that was. 

Remember your pets tonight, those fireworks make no sense to them. I feel bad for my stray cats (Shadow and Baebi) and I wish they'd come to my house and stay here. Shadow has been coming for at least six years :) 

Midwest, stay home!  In Oklahoma, that rain has now started switching to freezing rain, some has already gone to sleet. Power outtages on the way with breaking tree limbs :(   Already raining here. I'm going back to the closling site get the rest of my photos in case we get power outtages here with the thunderstorms. BTW  another store has HW stuff 50% off, so check prices.

What I do regarding the points- it will tell you in the cart how many you can use. I drop the number of items in the cart until the max number of points disappears, then add an item back, the cheapest one. Check out. Rinse, repeat because they are letting you use your points right away.  :) 

This discussion has been closed.