Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 7

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043
    edited December 1969

My newest try with stacked terrains. The sky is 'Storm rising 02' from the sky library used as an 'HDRI Sky Dome Only'.

Snowy Waste.

snowy-waste-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 333K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,123
    edited September 2014

@Jamie - thank you. Material on second tennis ball looks quite good.

@mermaid010 - thank you. Nice comparison.

@Jay - displacement does work without crashes if low priority is set in the render options. I wasn't satisfied with my experiments, meshes too coarse. Interesting results on the tennis ball.

@StuartB4 - I think I've seen this before. Great render and certainly worth looking at it twice. Terrains can give you faster results than fiddling with some modelling software.

@Roland4 - nice coastline, I like the beach.

@Sandy - looks good. I like the shadows from the clouds on the landscape.

Here's another attempt with staked terrains.

KS-Barren.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 161K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858
    edited September 2014

@ Horo - wow, you are getting really nice results with the stacked terrain scene's :) ...I will have a few more WIP's to post soon ...i have been overloading my bryce use at the moment!!! ...also I have been trying to push bryce as hard as i can, so far it still just keeps working perfectly :)

Post edited by Tim82 on
  • Roland4Roland4 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@Horo

Realy beautiful.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Been away for a few days so I'm not yet up to speed on what has been happening. Quite a bit judging by the number of pages this thread has moved on. But I thought I would start today with another little video upload to wet your appetite.

Broaching more advanced topics in example scene 3 - by David Brinnen

Popup_k.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 413K
    Popup_c.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 411K
    edited September 2014

The question is, what's behind the fog ?

Coast2.jpg
    750 x 500 - 224K
    Post edited by Roland4 on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Displacement...etc: as mentioned, have never had it crash on me.

Not that I use it regularly anyway, but those instances I have still rendered out. The tennis ball displacement value, for example, had something like ~ 75 displacement (didn't really record it, however, I know I shoved it well beyond the half-way mark). The small render size, I suppose, prevented a potential crash.

Jay

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,000
    edited September 2014

Guss – Thanks

Jay – the 1st tennis ball is not bad, never used displacement.

StuartB4 – thanks for sharing

Roland4 - nice coastline, the water look nice too. The Fog scene is also lovely . .. I think it’s the Loch Ness monster

Fishtales – Beautiful render

Horo- another awesome render

David – the space scenes are so cool. Thanks for the video

Inspired by Dave’s “Metal Thing” http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/19234, my first Bryce model without following a tutorial. :-)

orbit.jpg
    600 x 600 - 29K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 1969

@mermaid010

Thank you. Or a ship with many moneys.

edited December 1969

My newest Cave.

Cave2.jpg
    750 x 500 - 205K
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858
    edited December 1969

@ Roland4 - very nice scene ....there getting better and better each time, keep it up :)

edited December 1969

@Bateman

Thank you. I'm like everyone else and strive to improvement.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited September 2014

@Sandy: I like the results in that scene.

@Horo: Thank you for the comments about the tennis ball material. When time permits I want to tweak it more to see if it can be improved. You've created another terrific looking scene. I hope you don't get tired of me saying how photo like those new scenes look.

@David: Nice space scene and really nice video.

@Roland: What's in the fog is usually something which eats anything which comes to near. Both of those are really nice. The second one reminds me of programs I've seen where they explore caves.

@mermaid: That's a neat looking object.

Post edited by GussNemo on
    edited December 1969

@GussNemo

It was created by accident, when I inserted a terrain and subsequently increased it.

edited September 2014

Give it a name.

Art3a.jpg
    750 x 500 - 280K
    Art3.jpg
    750 x 500 - 387K
    Post edited by Roland4 on
    edited December 1969

As I said I would, as time permitted, I've started to document some of my findings from making my first commercial model. http://www.daz3d.com/by-the-seaside-beach-huts

Here is a rather long winded video about well... the title says it Wings 3D - Making Better Geometry - by David Brinnen

Better_geometry_thingy1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 356K
    edited December 1969

@David: Another very good video, you brought up a subject I'd never even considered.

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @David: Another very good video, you brought up a subject I'd never even considered.

Thanks Jamie, well to be fair it is not something I'd even considered till I started to moving my models between different bits of software only to discover that not every render engine was as clever as Bryce in the way it deals with what you send it. Things that look OK in Bryce can look very broken in Poser, DS or Octane. And it is time consuming (and not always possible) to find a fix within each app. Hence my sudden interest in creating better geometry that will work irrespective of platform.

edited December 1969

@Tim Bateman - thank you.

@Roland4 - thasnk you. Coast2 with the golden haze looks very nice. The cave looks great, too and has pleasimg colours. The tree thingies look interesting.

@mermaid010 - thank you- That shape looks beautiful. The HDRI used, is this "probe_frontYard_FINAL" by Keith Bruns?

@Jamie - thank you.

@David - I never thought of creating such a shape in Wings3D. It could be cobbled together with booleans in Bryce in no time. But as you state, it may be more compatible to other 3D applications.

Here is another stacked terrain experiment using the Kyle-Sound terrain.

KS-Rocky.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 165K
    edited December 1969

Horo said:

@David - I never thought of creating such a shape in Wings3D. It could be cobbled together with booleans in Bryce in no time. But as you state, it may be more compatible to other 3D applications.

Here is another stacked terrain experiment using the Kyle-Sound terrain.

Another beautiful terrain render!

Yes, when I get the chance, I'll set up a side by side between this model and one made with Bryce boolans to show the difference. Then maybe try some mesh conversion in Bryce and an import export cycle to show what transpires.

edited December 1969

@Horo

The tree is located in the center of a sphere with glass material, what you can not see because the camera is direct in front of this sphere.

edited December 1969

@David - thank you. After having watched the videos I can better appreciate what you've done and why.

Roland4 said:
    @Horo

The tree is located in the center of a sphere with glass material, what you can not see because the camera is direct in front of this sphere.

Cool idea. I've always been a fan of mirrors, what you can do with them in Bryce.
    edited December 1969

@Horo

Bryce is a multi talented software !

edited December 1969

Where is above where is the bottom ?

Art4.jpg
    500 x 750 - 390K
    edited December 1969

Did a quick side by side to show the difference between a Bryce boolean shape (on the left, 1 positive cube, 3 positive cylinders and 3 negative cylinders) and my little wings shape from the video. I hope you can see that the Bryce shapes are more perfect (indeed you might even go so far as to say a little too perfect - I'll not object).

Side_by_side1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 224K
    edited December 1969

@David - good comparison. For the cube, you could have taken Low Res Rounded Cube 6% from the Additional Primitives to have the corners a bit rounded.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    @David - good comparison. For the cube, you could have taken Low Res Rounded Cube 6% from the Additional Primitives to have the corners a bit rounded.

I could of, but I wanted a pure selection of Bryce primitives. OK here's a little test render. I do like this HDRI of yours. Vegetation by yourself from the vegetation set.

Small_world_test1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 414K
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

awesome renders everyone,

David another tutorial to play around with, I need to get back into modeling, been going through trail versions of different software trying to find a fit.
    meanwhile I took a shot at another tutorial of yours.

fogtest.jpg
    1200 x 599 - 241K
    edited December 1969

@David: I'd be very interested to see your mesh conversion in Bryce since I still want to get a better looking tennis ball 2. Your comparison is nice, yet I only can see the difference between the two cubes. The cylinders all look quite similar to me. The vegetation image is really pretty.

@Horo: Another stunning image.

@Rareth: Nice results from David's tutorial, and adding that figure is a real nice touch. I can almost hear the music playing in the background.

edited September 2014

GussNemo said:
    @David: I'd be very interested to see your mesh conversion in Bryce since I still want to get a better looking tennis ball 2.

Er... remind me what mesh conversion are we talking about here?

Edit. Rareth, nice and spooky!

Post edited by David Brinnen on
This discussion has been closed.