Auto Muscle Enhancer HD [Commercial]

Comments

• lilweep said:

I am still searching for morphs where you can

a) create more round-formed chest/pec-muscles
    b) minimize and "harmonize" the space between the 2 pecs

like it is shown in the images below:

1. Image is Apollo Maximus
    2-4 are old David3 with special Morphs from Greyson Furrington and the Bodybuilder-Morphs for D3 from DAZ, but it was also possible with M4.
    5+6. Image is G3M with the problem described.
    On the last image there are D3 and G3M

Since G3M there is very often a dent between the 2 pecs (see the last 2 images).
    Some vendors told me that there is a difficulty with the JCM, but meanwhile thre are some morphs (even for G8M) that come CLOSE TO the chestform i am missing since D3 / M4

But nobody is still able to create such morphs.
    Is it really impossible?

As a small example, in picture 02 below, I have the forearms with the usual jcm's. I really hate the shape of the forearms when you bend them and twist them like you would for a bicep curl pose. I ended up just making my own custom jcm's and control morph that I use to fix that. Which you can see in 03 where the forearms are fuller at the bottom. The control morph dials in how extreme the jcm works, for a guy like the below that I made with 30% Dain8 and 54% AME plus some muscle morphs, I only dialed it to 15%. If it one of my more common brutes and beasts I would dialed it to 50 or 100%

In your images, you posted 03 twice, and no 02, but i get what youre saying.

Whoops, corrected now. Thank you for pointing that out.

• DMasterDMaster Posts: 410

DMaster - Will this be the same case as with AFE that it won't work as well on custom characters?

YES, custom characters - only if build on G8 Base.  It will work with all G8 figures. This is not like AFE geometry additive. This is a G8 figure in HD.

Auto Muscle Enhancer for Genesis 8 Male(s) Promos_popup_03.jpg
    4000 x 2848 - 5M
  • TouristTourist Posts: 106

Beautiful, I can't wait!

Do you guys know where I could find a tutorial about making custom JCM's and/or custom morphs?

edited April 2020

The product is now in marketing and waiting for a release date. When. I cannot say. Soon I hope.

MeneerWolfman. You trigger the bicep morph when you bend the hand, in the bicep pose.

Post edited by DMaster on
  • DMaster said:

The product is now in marketing and waiting for a release date. When. I cannot say. Soon I hope.

MeneerWolfman. You trigger the bicep morph when you bend the hand, in the bicep pose.

I was referring to the forearm muscles. In general the forearms twist badly and most of the forearm muscle morphs don't take in the way the forearms twists, especially on bigger guys. Same thing if you twist the shoulder joint inward, the bicep/pec tie-in deforms badly with the g8m figure. Not sure what changes they made to the rigging between 3 and 8, but it really shows in the arms sadly :-/

DMaster said:

I was referring to the forearm muscles. In general the forearms twist badly and most of the forearm muscle morphs don't take in the way the forearms twists, especially on bigger guys. Same thing if you twist the shoulder joint inward, the bicep/pec tie-in deforms badly with the g8m figure. Not sure what changes they made to the rigging between 3 and 8, but it really shows in the arms sadly :-/

send me the pose you see a problem with (just the pose only). I will fix it.

• Tourist said:

Beautiful, I can't wait!

Do you guys know where I could find a tutorial about making custom JCM's and/or custom morphs?

To make a custom jcm, you'll need a few things. I'll give the example that you want a bigger bicep peak when bend the left forearm up. Please note these are all the steps, but simplified for explanation purposes.

• You'll need to pose the left forearm bent up.
    • Export the figure to a sculpting program like Zbrush, Sculptris, Blacksmith3d
    • Shape the bicep how you want it to look. 
    • Save it as an obj. We'll call it "bicep flex fix".
    • Morph load the bicep flex fix morph with reverse deformations onto the figure in the same pose as you exported it (in this case with the left forearm bent fully up to a value of -135)
    • Dial your bicep flex fix morph to 100%  to get the shape you want.
    • Now you need to tell Daz to turn up your morph when you bend the left forearm upwards. To do that we have to make an ERC freeze on the forearm bend parameter with its value turned up to -135.
    • We ERC freeze the bicep flex fix so that Daz makes the association that a left forearm bend value of -135 also means the bicep flex fix morph is also turned up to 100%
    • After you set the ERC freeze, you 0 out both the value of the left forearm and 0 out the value of the bicep flex fix morph.
    • Now as you slowly adjust the left forearm bend value from 0 to -135, the bicep flex fix morph will slowly adjust upwards to a value of 100%

That is the basic steps to making a simple jcm. You can make infinitely more complex ones that are keyed to different value of the morph based on the value of the joint bend, have a second stage controller that causes the jcm to trigger only if a certain shape is dialed in, etc.

Sickleyield does a deeper dive into it in a clothing tutorial, but it's the same basic steps: LINK

It's greatly worth learning, as it teaches you how to fix your own issues with characters without having to look for an existing product to fix it.

To make a custom jcm, you'll need a few things. I'll give the example that you want a bigger bicep peak when bend the left forearm up. Please note these are all the steps, but simplified for explanation purposes.

• You'll need to pose the left forearm bent up.
    • Export the figure to a sculpting program like Zbrush, Sculptris, Blacksmith3d
    • Shape the bicep how you want it to look. 
    • Save it as an obj. We'll call it "bicep flex fix".
    • Morph load the bicep flex fix morph with reverse deformations onto the figure in the same pose as you exported it (in this case with the left forearm bent fully up to a value of -135)
    • Dial your bicep flex fix morph to 100%  to get the shape you want.
    • Now you need to tell Daz to turn up your morph when you bend the left forearm upwards. To do that we have to make an ERC freeze on the forearm bend parameter with its value turned up to -135.
    • We ERC freeze the bicep flex fix so that Daz makes the association that a left forearm bend value of -135 also means the bicep flex fix morph is also turned up to 100%
    • After you set the ERC freeze, you 0 out both the value of the left forearm and 0 out the value of the bicep flex fix morph.
    • Now as you slowly adjust the left forearm bend value from 0 to -135, the bicep flex fix morph will slowly adjust upwards to a value of 100%

That is the basic steps to making a simple jcm. You can make infinitely more complex ones that are keyed to different value of the morph based on the value of the joint bend, have a second stage controller that causes the jcm to trigger only if a certain shape is dialed in, etc.

Sickleyield does a deeper dive into it in a clothing tutorial, but it's the same basic steps: LINK

It's greatly worth learning, as it teaches you how to fix your own issues with characters without having to look for an existing product to fix it.

Thanks a lot Wolfman!

I appreciate this.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Wow! That is very helpful information.

DMaster, I have a figure I was planning on using this on that is based on Dain 8. Do I need to rebuild this character based off of G8M for AME to work properly? Could I just zero out the Dain 8 dials? The only reason I am asking is that I have spent over 10 hours on the head and face not counting the other morphs to make him into an Endo-Meso and I would rather not start all over if I do not have to. If I do I have to start over, want to start right now so that he will be ready when AME drops.

Thanks for the info.

edited April 2020
    Sigurd said:

Wow! That is very helpful information.

DMaster, I have a figure I was planning on using this on that is based on Dain 8. Do I need to rebuild this character based off of G8M for AME to work properly? Could I just zero out the Dain 8 dials? The only reason I am asking is that I have spent over 10 hours on the head and face not counting the other morphs to make him into an Endo-Meso and I would rather not start all over if I do not have to. If I do I have to start over, want to start right now so that he will be ready when AME drops.

Thanks for the info.

1- Dain 8 is G8M. AME will work with any G8M figure. Like Auto Shape Enhancer.

Yes to Dain 8 and the custom fig. Load ASE to play with your Dain 8 to see. The Auto Muscle Enhancer works the same - adding Muscle.

dain 8 with AME.png
    756 x 1098 - 449K

Wow! That is some quick support! Thank you so much.

• hookflashhookflash Posts: 165

DMaster,

Do you have an ETA on the female version of this? Regardless, these will be instabuys for me!

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,532

I am really interested in this for the flexions more than the muscles (though the muscles look cool, I just don't normally go so lean with the muscle tone) and I am wondering how well this works without the muscles added. Or, added only in small amounts. Thank you.

hookflash said:

DMaster,

Do you have an ETA on the female version of this? Regardless, these will be instabuys for me!

I will send the female to Daz in about 5 to 7 days.

edited April 2020

I am really interested in this for the flexions more than the muscles (though the muscles look cool, I just don't normally go so lean with the muscle tone) and I am wondering how well this works without the muscles added. Or, added only in small amounts. Thank you.

1 and 2nd image - most of my characters carry between  25% to 45%  above 50% is when you start to have large muscle

3rd image -added portly Size, here I increase the flex size and reduce the body muscle. But you must always have to have % muscle in order for the flex to show. Also, you should have set up ASE first for your character (here I have not)  -

ASE setting should be good between 95 to 98%. The AME will always activate the ASE because it need it to work.

AME 45.jpg
    1790 x 1182 - 337K
    AME 85.jpg
    1860 x 1182 - 358K
    AME portty.jpg
    1900 x 1200 - 514K
  • hookflashhookflash Posts: 165
    DMaster said:

1 and 2nd image - most of my characters carry between  25% to 45%  above 50% is when you start to have large muscle

3rd image -added portly Size, here I increase the flex size and reduce the body muscle. But you must always have to have % muscle in order for the flex to show. Also, you should have set up ASE first for your character -good between 95 to 98%. The AME will control ASE.

Wow, this product is going to be amazing! I think Daz needs to hire you to work on Genesis 9 wink

• wteeningwteening Posts: 89
    hookflash said:
    DMaster said:

3rd image -added portly Size, here I increase the flex size and reduce the body muscle. But you must always have to have % muscle in order for the flex to show. Also, you should have set up ASE first for your character -good between 95 to 98%. The AME will control ASE.

Wow, this product is going to be amazing! I think Daz needs to hire you to work on Genesis 9 wink

Integrate all DMasters products and we're talking an upgrade worthy of naming it Genesis X. OR, we buy DMasters products, and don't have to buy yet another generation of figures.

You are the Master, D!

DMaster said:

3rd image -added portly Size, here I increase the flex size and reduce the body muscle. But you must always have to have % muscle in order for the flex to show. Also, you should have set up ASE first for your character (here I have not)  -

ASE setting should be good between 95 to 98%. The AME will always activate the ASE because it need it to work.

Thank you very much

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,217
    edited April 2020

DMaster, what are your thoughts on the standard Genesis 8 hands?

I always thought hands looked very unrealistic in many poses.  Maybe there is a JCM product that you could develop to make them pose more realistically?

Post edited by lilweep on

I'm not DMaster but I think the G8 hands are fine with a few basic morphs applied.

The main one is to make the fingers wider, up to 30 or 40% depending on the character.

The whole hand scale may also need a few adjustment, they tend to be on the small side.

Add a few veins (not too much) and HD details when available and the hands end up looking great.

Tourist, totally agree about the hand scale. Only issue that I have encountered when I have corrected the scale myself on a couple of figures is that props/items like Rifles and Pistols do not fit anymore as they are scaled to the smaller/orignal hands.

lilweep said:

DMaster, what are your thoughts on the standard Genesis 8 hands?

I always thought hands looked very unrealistic in many poses.  Maybe there is a JCM product that you could develop to make them pose more realistically?

Yes. to the JCM Hand. I was working on it back last year It was an HD geo-graft. I stop. Stop because geo-graft was not the right solution for the hands. However, with HD morphs like Auto Muscle Enhancer, I can get back to work on the hands. I will do that. We will be calling it Auto Hand Enhancer (AHE) I work on it after I do some Animations to illustrate ASE, AME, and AFE.

I really look forward to the hands. That has always been an issue for me.

I too look forward to this. I will buy anything from you starting with 'Auto' and ending with 'Enhancer'.

Seriously if you came out with Auto Tensor Fasciae Latae Enhancer I would buy it.

• AsariAsari Posts: 703
    edited April 2020
    A product for hands would be lovely indeed.

And if we're going to suggest auto enhancers - one of the areas that still boggles me is the eyes of G8 ... so if there were an auto eye enhancer? I'm in.

Post edited by Asari on

If DMaster came out with a base male and female figure with the enhancements built in I would buy it. I imagine it would cost a pretty penny but it would be worth it.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,088

I'm going to stop asking When? because I think I'm becoming a pest. But I do check each day, and read all the new posts in this forum.

It is still in marketing. Here is where we wait for a release date.