Daz IM Creator - Small Utility to create DAZ Install Manager product ZIP's

chokaphichokaphi Posts: 5
edited July 2018 in Freebies

I have made a small utility that can take the loose files from  NON Daz Install Manger zips and create a Daz IM compatible Zip installer. https://sharecg.com/v/88851/browse/10/Software-and-Tools/Install-Manager-Package-Maker-Version-2

Just point it to a folder or ZIP containing the data, runtime, etc files and give it a name and ID number, optionally you can also add a thumbnail image and Artist(s).  Now click “Create Zip” to have an Install Manager ready Product created for you.

Once you have installed your product and categorized and classified it in Daz Studio you can use the “Update Product Data” button to MERGE the metadata from Daz Studio back into your Product ZIP. Now if you share this zip on ShareCG/Store your users will have the content organized in Smart Content the same way as you.

Start by selecting the input folder or Zip file and filling in product data and hit create Zip:

Now install the Zip with Daz Insall Manager and you will see you new product in Lost and Found:

Now you can classify and Catagorize your new product in Daz Studio:

And once done you can use my DAZ IM Creator and click Merge button. Now search for the product you just classified.

And click merge selected to take the catgorization you did in Daz Studio and merge it back into the Install Zip you created earlier.

Congrats, now you have a finished product that will always install with the same classification and categorization the same as a Daz Store item.

Example metadata before and after merger

<Asset VALUE="People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing_DC/Bretelles/bretelles.duf">          <Audience VALUE="Teens" />          <Categories></Categories>          <Compatibilities></Compatibilities>          <ContentType VALUE="" />          <Userwords></Userwords>        </Asset>

After

<Asset VALUE="People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing_DC/Bretelles/bretelles.duf">          <Audience VALUE="Teens" />          <Categories>            <Category VALUE="/Default/Wardrobe/Outfits/Bretelles" />          </Categories>          <Compatibilities>            <Compatibility VALUE="/Genesis 8/Female" />          </Compatibilities>          <ContentType VALUE="Follower/Wardrobe" />          <Userwords></Userwords>        </Asset>

I hope this proves useful, please leave and improvments or bugs you find ,

Thanks

Credits for the Bretelles outfit used in my screenshots goes to Chacornac on CGShare

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments