Skin Builder - Now Available [Commercial]

Comments

• siocsioc Posts: 299
    edited May 2014

hi,

i'm having some troubles, I changed the preferences as said in the tutorial but if i use the skin builder on G2F after validation, daz studio goes to program doesn't answer for minutes, then refresh like 2 second and go away again...

PC under Windows 7 64 CPU i7 RAM 16 GB.

video card geForce 430 4 GB RAM

Daz video card info:

Current OpenGL Version: 4.4.0

OpenGL Provider: NVIDIA Corporation

Hardware: GeForce GT 430/PCIe/SSE2

Features:

MultiTexturing Supported

Shadow Map Supported

Hardware Antialiasing Supported

OpenGL Shading Language Supported

Pixel Buffer Supported

Pixel Buffer Size Not Enabled

Maximum Number of Lights 8

Number of Texture Units 4

Maximum Texture Size 16384 x 16384

I tried to deactivate most morph on my G2F thru GenX to light it, that changed nothing.

Any idea ?

PS: DS up to date and same troubles with the beta.

Post edited by sioc on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited May 2014

Do you have the latest Studio version? There was in issue with a windows update that messes up the tif files being 'generated via LIE sending Daz into an endles tld loop causing it to freeze in intervals. A quick solution, if you have not yet got the latest Studio is to turn off auto texture refresh. The only two scripts that take some calculation time is the main skinbuilder script and the tan lines script, but based off your specs it shouldnt hang for minutes.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited May 2014

I got:

stable: 4.6.2.120 pro (64-bit)
    Beta: 4.6.2.106 pro (64-bit)

As you can see below daz installer say up to date.

A quick solution, if you have not yet got the latest Studio is to turn off auto texture refresh.

how ?

daz2.png
    906 x 501 - 44K
    daz.png
    675 x 727 - 57K
    Post edited by sioc on
  • Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited May 2014

I like the female version and the geisha builder add on. A male version would also be on my buy list.

BTW, an add on with textures like scales, jaguar spots, octopus suckers, etc would be an interesting idea. The wound idea someone mentioned would also be a great add on.

Here's my first image using Skin Builder Pro and Geisha builder together. I like that you can layer the effects. I used yellow as the skin tones. First render is directly out of Daz Studio no post work: second image is after post work. (They might look like different characters because I changed her nose in post work and did post work on some of the eyeliner on one side due to lighting. The product worked fine...I just didn't like the way the light hit her face on the one side.)

I-Hear-cropped-forum-sized.jpg
    890 x 1200 - 729K
    straight-render.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 339K
    Post edited by Pixel8ted on
  • greysgreys Posts: 335
    edited December 1969

Anyone know what the update fixes? I'm on limited bandwidth and another 130MB is something I'll wait on if it's just something small. :)

edited May 2014

The fixes are for the Eye Builder base duf files. What changed is that it no longer calls for v5's textures because I left one or two in there by mistake when saving. Now all maps in the duf uses eye textures from Skin Builder texture folder so those without V5 for Genesis1 won't have issues using the Genesis1\2 version of Eye Builder. In short, if you didn't own V5 for G1, the Eye Builder for Genesis1\2 didn't work properly because it was looking for V5 Bree textures.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0: i tried uninstall reinstall daz studio and i end up the same...

edited May 2014

The same with regards to the freezing? If so turn of texture auto refreshing. It's a quick fix. The issue has been resolved in the latest stable release version of DAZ I think.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

If so turn of texture auto refreshing.

please tell me how ?

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    edited December 1969

sioc said:
    If so turn of texture auto refreshing.

please tell me how ?

Go to the Surfaces tab and from the context menu (small icon at top right with a triangle and four lines) and ensure Automatically Refresh Images is not checked.

edited December 1969

Thanks SimonJM, was just about to respond.

edited May 2014

Thanks SimonJM !

Works now ...

Is there a way (except to manually write them somewhere) to memorize the values put in the builders panels ?

Post edited by sioc on
    edited December 1969

No we tried, the scripts have no brains lol. Best thing to do is take screen shots of your settings of each script, or alternatively save as a material preset at various stages, depending how much you want to load at once.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,752
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    No we tried, the scripts have no brains lol. Best thing to do is take screen shots of your settings of each script, or alternatively save as a material preset at various stages, depending how much you want to load at once.

But Zev0 has a great brain. How do I save material presets?

edited December 1969

No we tried, the scripts have no brains lol. Best thing to do is take screen shots of your settings of each script, or alternatively save as a material preset at various stages, depending how much you want to load at
    once.

Even a save and load in the panel ? ;)

edited December 1969

No lol. Don't think scripts have the ability to save..That would be a whole new can of worms...

edited May 2014

How do I save material presets?

Kulay Wolf: once texture in place save as usual : Select yor character then

daz3.png
    505 x 384 - 29K
    Post edited by sioc on
    edited December 1969

Zev0: I'm doomed!

now I got crash on renderings... Even after emptying the AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp

Any idea ?

edited May 2014

Post your log...that gives clues as to why Studio crashed. Maybe then we can see what happened.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969
  • RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

To use product on G2M:

(with DS closed)
    1) Navigate to /data/DAZ 3d/Genesis 2/Female/UV Sets/Daz3d/Base
    2) COPY Victoria 5.dsf to Genesis 2/Male/UV Sets/Daz3d/Base
    3) Open the copy in a PLAIN text editor that won't mess up coding (On Mac, I'd recommend TextWrangler, which is free), find and replace all instances of 'female' with 'male'
    4) Save
    5) Open G2M and go to the surfaces pane and Victoria 5 should now appear in the drop down menu.

This means the textures made by the script will load on G2M correctly. Obviously, they're using a female base texture so they're probably not gonna work well for burly type men and it's not a full replacement for a male version, but in the meantime... at least it works :)

(You can also do this for the other UV sets if you wish, in both directions. Genesis to Gen2 won't work but between male/female will.)

I tried this but when it comes time to open the .dsf file it's scrambled. Is there an editor for .dsf files much like you can find for .cr2s?

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited December 1969

sioc said:
    I got:

stable: 4.6.2.120 pro (64-bit)
    Beta: 4.6.2.106 pro (64-bit)

As you can see below daz installer say up to date.

Last beta is 4.6.3.29.

• CzexanaCzexana Posts: 167
    edited December 1969

To use product on G2M:

(with DS closed)
    3) Open the copy in a PLAIN text editor that won't mess up coding (On Mac, I'd recommend TextWrangler, which is free), find and replace all instances of 'female' with 'male'
    4) Save
    5) Open G2M and go to the surfaces pane and Victoria 5 should now appear in the drop down menu.

This means the textures made by the script will load on G2M correctly. Obviously, they're using a female base texture so they're probably not gonna work well for burly type men and it's not a full replacement for a male version, but in the meantime... at least it works :)

(You can also do this for the other UV sets if you wish, in both directions. Genesis to Gen2 won't work but between male/female will.)

I tried this but when it comes time to open the .dsf file it's scrambled. Is there an editor for .dsf files much like you can find for .cr2s?

I think the .dsf is gzip compressed by default, so you need to unpack it using 7zip or something similar. You can repack it after the change.

edited December 1969

Thanks MBusch!

All ok with the latest beta

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

I haven't had time to try it yet, but it was a "no brainer" to invest in this.

Thanks

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,028
    edited December 1969

Just a question about the Real Eye Builder module. You choose the Iris pattern and color you want, and then accept them, but the pattern overwhelms the color so you can't see it. There seems to be no Iris pattern Opacity slider setting in the module, so I've been opening the LIE and changing the Opacity manually.
    Am I missing something? Or was this intentional?
    Thanks,
    John

edited May 2014

tjohn said:
    Just a question about the Real Eye Builder module. You choose the Iris pattern and color you want, and then accept them, but the pattern overwhelms the color so you can't see it. There seems to be no Iris pattern Opacity slider setting in the module, so I've been opening the LIE and changing the Opacity manually.
    Am I missing something? Or was this intentional?
    Thanks,
    John

Can you post a render example? I can help from there.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,028
    edited December 1969

Never mind me. I was rendering with no lights in the scene.
    Duh.
    Works great.

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited May 2014

czexana said:
    To use product on G2M:

(with DS closed)
    4) Save

I think the .dsf is gzip compressed by default, so you need to unpack it using 7zip or something similar. You can repack it after the change.

Well, thanks to you I was able open it and edit it but Victoria 5 doesn't show in the dropdown. Only Base Female shows but that may already be included or something.

Edit: Got it. I needed to not try to recompress it but just save it as a generic .dsf. Awesome!

Post edited by Riggswolfe on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,752
    edited December 1969

Is there any smart content files for this product? or is it just in the content folder?