Skin Builder - Now Available [Commercial]

1111213141517»

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

Pretty much. In a nutshell all materials would have to be hand done from scratch, and that will take a while. There is no converting as of yet (of which I know). There is just too much difference on G3's Uv mapping to salvage anything texture wise.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    No idea to be honest. The release of Genesis3 kinda messed up my entire product planning schedule lol. Now I have to rush to get the essentials out for her, then afterwards I can restructure and plan what comes next.

Really? Damn, I would have thought of all people, DAZ would give you a heads up waaaay ahead of time. I can't even imagine Genesis 2 without your products.

edited July 2015

Lol they did give G3 to us in advance, but with G2 we had a longer grace period to create content before it went live:) Also at the time I was busy on G2 stuff so I'm not just going to drop all that. Would be a waste to not finish those products. So now I am doing G2 and G3 stuff at once lol. Wish I could do some of the things people request but there isn't enough time and some products have to be released at a specific time frame to match current market trends or needs, and by the time you want to revisit a previous idea, that moment for it has passed. So ye it's a juggling act that never ends lol. But I love this job so I guess it comes with the territory:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    Zev0 said:

Lol they did give G3 to us in advance, but with G2 we had a longer grace period to create content before it went live:) Also at the time I was busy on G2 stuff so I'm not just going to drop all that. Would be a waste to not finish those products. So now I am doing G2 and G3 stuff at once lol. Wish I could do some of the things people request but there isn't enough time and some products have to be released at a specific time frame to match current market trends or needs, and by the time you want to revisit a previous idea, that moment for it has passed. So ye it's a juggling act that never ends lol. But I love this job so I guess it comes with the territory:)

Well, maybe you can add some morphs to yourself? Like a few more pair of arms and heads, to work on sets for several generations at once? wink  Anyway, from what I understand we may yet see a few more products for G2 from you and if thats not good news I don't know what is ^^ I hope you never get tired of your work! Looking forward to whatever is next to come :D

Lol wouldn't that be awesome to have more limbs. And yes G2 isn't off my radar, neither is Genesis1 to be honest. If I have time to support all 3 generations I will.

• I know that Skin Builder is not a merchant resource so the skins you produce are for personal use, but what is the difference between a merchant resource and skin builder?  I realize that the skin maps used to build the custom skins were made specifically for this product, but the output is a combination/blend of those skins and input from the user that is (at least in theory--unique).  So as a vendor,  what would you do if you wanted to make it a merchant resource--charge more for Skin Builder (since people would be making money from selling the skins derived from the core skins used by the product)?

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited January 2016
    Fragg1960 said:

I know that Skin Builder is not a merchant resource so the skins you produce are for personal use, but what is the difference between a merchant resource and skin builder?  I realize that the skin maps used to build the custom skins were made specifically for this product, but the output is a combination/blend of those skins and input from the user that is (at least in theory--unique).  So as a vendor,  what would you do if you wanted to make it a merchant resource--charge more for Skin Builder (since people would be making money from selling the skins derived from the core skins used by the product)?

That's a good Q. and as for the 'Output' it depends on some stuff I don't know for sure.  The maps that Skin builder uses is as you correctly hint at, made specifically for this product, however I'm not sure it actual makes 'New maps' from your settings, otherwise that could be a debatable resource, if it was not just a copy of one of the included four map sets.  However, I'm sure Skin builder is just a "Shader" in that there is no user accessible maps outside of 3deligt, and the actual mixing of stuff happens during render.

There is another product around that also allows modifying skin tone, however it is also just a specialized surface shader that dose not create new map files for other uses. Not to say, it requires at least a basic genesis map set (like the one included with genesis) to modify, where as Skin builder at least has a set of included maps. There actually quite different products for different purposes.

So along with that, Is it possible to make Skin builder a merchant resource thing, I do have that slightly more in depth 'Q' regarding the product.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871
    Fragg1960 said:

I know that Skin Builder is not a merchant resource so the skins you produce are for personal use, but what is the difference between a merchant resource and skin builder?  I realize that the skin maps used to build the custom skins were made specifically for this product, but the output is a combination/blend of those skins and input from the user that is (at least in theory--unique).  So as a vendor,  what would you do if you wanted to make it a merchant resource--charge more for Skin Builder (since people would be making money from selling the skins derived from the core skins used by the product)?

well there is Save and Share for Skin Builder, and seems "You are free to share Recipe Cards commercially or as freebies."

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I love this, just started playing with it.  It makes a gorgeous deep bluish skin tone I am going to use for Dark Elves.  Its a  really really versativel fun program. I am not in a super huge hurry for anything G3 to be honest, I've barely scratched the surface with the Genesis/Genesis 2 series.  I am actually happy to hear that you are still working on G2 stuff.  I need to go fine the read me so I can figure out the recipe builder.  Haven't had much chance to really read the directions with the holidays and all.  But super happy with this product as well as several others that you have out.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

Skin Overlay is a great companion to Skin Builder, fyi. I got both at the same time and it's just awesome.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    XaatXuun said:
    Fragg1960 said:

well there is Save and Share for Skin Builder, and seems "You are free to share Recipe Cards commercially or as freebies."

But that requires the recipient to have Skin Builder.

XaatXuun said:
    Fragg1960 said:

yes, at least the Skin Builder Basic for Genesis and Genesis 2 Female(s) , The pro version comes with the recipe thingy, but you cannot create recipes, but  seems you can use it, IF there were recipes out there to use.

Hindsight it seems it would had been cheaper to purchase the basic and the save and share, since you still have to purchase to save and share to save a recipe.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703
    XaatXuun said:
    XaatXuun said:
    Fragg1960 said:

yes, at least the Skin Builder Basic for Genesis and Genesis 2 Female(s) , The pro version comes with the recipe thingy, but you cannot create recipes, but  seems you can use it, IF there were recipes out there to use.

Hindsight it seems it would had been cheaper to purchase the basic and the save and share, since you still have to purchase to save and share to save a recipe.

The pro has the share option?  I think I got the pro version and also the share tool.  So I did not need the share tool?

XaatXuun said:
    XaatXuun said:
    Fragg1960 said:

The pro has the share option?  I think I got the pro version and also the share tool.  So I did not need the share tool?

no  you cannot copy and share, you still need to purchase the save and share,

what I was meaning by Hindsight, was the only part of the pro I use, is what just comes with the Basic, tho do get more textures maps in pro.  My main reason (and misunderstood) was getting the save and share, I didn't notice it also comes in the Basic at the time of purchase.  after a couple tries at saving doing some reading, I realized,  the save part is disabled, unless you purchase the Save and share.

Not upset getting pro, or regret. totally happy . .  So yeah neither have the share option, they just come with a recipe loader, you can get saved recipes from others, and load them . . you still need the Save  and Share to save and if you like, share to others

Originally bought the skin builder then picked up the Save and Share so that i could save the recipes I used.  However, they are not integrated like it shows in the readme, they are two separate panes and I can't save anything because they aren't together.  The readme shows two tabs at the top one to build the skin and one to save as a recipe.  But mine has two separate panes with no tabs.  I get an error when I got to save recipe saying I have not selected anything to save.  But I can't select it because its on a different pane and doesn't carry over.

• Can you post a screen shot of what you see.

edited February 2016

Here are two screen shots.  i can't load them both at the same time.

Skin Builder Screen Shot.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 236K
    Skin Builder Screen Shot 2.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 216K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on

I just uninstalled and re installed everything and now there is a third pane that shows what it is supposed to show.  I was missing one of the options.  Fixed now (should really have tried that first)  I just have to say again how much I absolutely LOVE this program and if you should decide to expand it to work with Gen 3 I would scoop it up in a heartbeat even though I don't have many characters yet.

• Glad the problem was fixed...

Me too.  And thank you for your prompt response!

• Great product, guys.

Suggestions for color settings to generate Asian skins?  I'd like to make something similar to the Su Lei skin in the recipe loader, but with a different set of brows.

• Great product, guys.

Suggestions for color settings to generate Asian skins?  I'd like to make something similar to the Su Lei skin in the recipe loader, but with a different set of brows.

Pale = 0

Light = 54

Middium = 45

Dark = 1

• zombiewhackerzombiewhacker Posts: 670

That did it.  Thanks!